Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1805845 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
Dear Applicant

Thank you again for your application.

We are writing to invite you for an assessment test and interview with our organisation on the xxxxx at 9am prompt.

Address:

Andchristie Building

46 Raymond Njoku Street

Off Awolowo Road

Ikoyi, Lagos.

[b]Please who knows anything about the above named address, can it be an authentic invite? Also, the interview & test is scheduled for Saturday[b]
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shawtynas(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2017
yommyk222:
IS THIS REAL

MG Nigeria invites you for an interview with our HR executives on Fri 18/08/17@5,oke close by police post junction oregun ikeja Lagos by 8am prompt.(10512435)

Have u gone for the interview
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shawtynas(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2017
yommyk222:
IS THIS REAL

MG Nigeria invites you for an interview with our HR executives on Fri 18/08/17@5,oke close by police post junction oregun ikeja Lagos by 8am prompt.(10512435)
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dphaullp: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2017
I think its about time i educate the naysayers who thinks everything should come free.

The worst people to serve are the poor people, give them free they think its a trap, tell them its a small investment, they will say can't earn much,
Tell them to come in big, they will say no money.
Tell them to try new things, they will say, no experience.
Tell them its traditional business, they will say, hard to do.
Tell them its a new business model, they will say it's MLM.

Tell them to run a shop they will say no freedom
Tell them to run a business, they will say no expertise.

They do have things in common,
they love to ask goodle, listen to friends who are as hopeless as them.
They think more than a university professor and do less than a blind man.

Just ask them, what can they do, they won't be able to answer you.

My conclusion, instead of your heart beats faster, why not act a bit smarter
Instead of just thinking about it, why not do something about it.
Poor people fail because of one common behaviour, their whole life is about waiting.

Schleez Nigeria Limited is a real company in Nigeria, set up by some Nigerian graduates, now helping people start up business that pays more than just a job. Join Schleez Limited and stop job hunting, there are still many more people who will graduate with better qualifications and smarter skills, why not start building a business today.
The beautiful ones are not yet born.
Years ago i was looking for an office job but now there is something better than that which i have now engaged myself in and that is working woth Schleez Nigeria Limited. You too can have a change of mind before its too late.

Dilh:
They are very real at Schleez Limited ikeja, i went for the interview, it was lovely, i got there, although we were very many that attended, so they only picked few people who qualified for the aptitude test.
They invited us for the final interview tomorrow.
I am believing God for a positive outcome.
don't mind that guy calling them names.

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Jossey2(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2017
[quote author=fabregas04 post=56069249] fake, here's another version with same address. [/quote

Based on our advert on jiji,SMART TECH CONSTRUCTION COMPANY invites you for an interview at our branch office on Monday 21st August by 8:30 am @No,11 Monilola Oyeyinka Street, off Ajibade Babatola junction, Ajao Estate, Airport Road, Lagos . Come with your CV Help Line: 081-8336-4437
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by emynike2001(m): 1:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
piax:
please, how authentic is this?
Good day,

Following your application on SCIENTIFIC ADVERSARY BOARD, you are hereby notified that your interview/ screening has been scheduled to hold on;

Date: 14th August, 2017.

Time :9:00am

Venue : Green complex, 98 Adageorge road, opposite Mouka foam Depot, Portharcourt, Rivers State.

For direction only, call 08053363892

N/B: Ensure that you present this mail as a prove of shortlisted candidate.

Approved by ADMIN DIRECTOR.....

DR. OKOLI C. E.

(HD/2388)
Pls i also got this message, IS it real, or just fake, pls reply ME pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by leehzzy(f): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Dear Candidate,
You have been invited for an interview at Lofty Heights LTD
Venue: Pharmacy Plus house 28, Olanrewaju STREET, off Billings way, Oregun, Ikeja,Lagos
Date:Monday 21st August,2017
Time:9:30am

Come with 3 copies of your CV.
Please confirm availability

Please is this real.....Any1 heard of dem??
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by yommyk222(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
Shawtynas:
No I don't
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Shinelle(f): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!

Thank you for this post!

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Jesutofney(m): 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
YOU ARE AMONG THOSE QUALIFIED FOR OUR JOB TEST/INTERVIEW ON MON. 21ST AUG 2017 ADDRESS: 3RD FLOOR, NO. 8 THOMAS SALAKO STREET, OGBA B/STOP BY 9:00am 08059959913
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by djoe21(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2017
You are wrong. There was still some multinational companies and 'big' firms who still use yahoo or free email to receive job applications because they will like to remain 'annonymous' make una no bombard dem with phone calls (who know who for d company etc) or block dem official email grin so d recruitment process isnt messed up wink

Very true. I am currently recruiting for a company and I am using a yahoo email to receive CVs rather than the company's corporate email. Although I understand what the other poster was trying to say.

Anyways for those interested;

SHININGSTAR PROPERTY & INVESTMENT LTD.

The above named company is currently recruiting Sales Executives.

QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND.

REMUNERATION: N30,000 basic allowance plus commission.

Interested persons should send their CVs to djoe4u_44@yahoo.com
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by abdulrey(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2017
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

For Everyone Looking For An Alternative Source Of Income Online!!!

PAY PER VIEW is a leading Multinational and Multicultural Russian company currently recruiting massively for the post of a DATA ENTRY OFFICER. They believe in making the globe a world of possibilities where one can work stress-free and earn a good living.
No Discrimination, No Qualification, No Experience needed, No buying and Selling, Not MLM, Not Ponzi

SALARY: Very Attractive (Pay as you work)

PAYMENT is done through Western Union Money Transfer, Webmoney & other online bank payment platforms.
Work starts immediately you Register/Sign Up, at the comfort of your home and at your leisure.

PLEASE SHARE AND GET ANOTHER SOURCE OF INCOME..

DO NOT DELAY, WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE UNTIL I STARTED GETTING PAID DAILY VIA UNION

REQUIREMENTS:
1. Valid Email Address
2. Valid Phone Number
3. Access to Internet
4. Age limit from 18 - 45years

JOB DESCRIPTION: Working at least 1 – 3 hrs of your time daily by simply filling in Captcha on the Russian company’s website. Each captcha attracts 5-Rubles (Russian Currency) and one could earn a whooping sum of at least $100 to $ 300 daily.

SALARY: Very Attractive (Pay as you work)

We can all enjoy this together
Application is absolutely free through the above link.

DEADLINE: 3-weeks from this Publication

Register through this link

http://wobmoney.club/624885301071/

For Everyone Looking For An Alternative Source Of Inc
Cheers!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Jossey2(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Teeslam:
Dear Bushrah, after due review of your CV,you are invited for interview on WED 25/01/2017 by 9am at #98, Palm Avenue,Papa Ajao, Mushin, Lagos. IA/HRM.

Please is this real? Got the text just now. Google's the address, I saw it listed under Vconnect as Hillstar Hospital.

*I just got mine now* pls advice
You have been shortlisted for an interview on Wednesday 23/08/2017,by 9.00 am,at 98 Palm Avenue,Beside Methodist Church Mushin,Lagos.HRLD11
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by albertsmith: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2017
I appreciate the author for addressing this issue and I hope that this article will be read by a larger percentage of the online users. This is because many incidences of scam interviews have been reported and some people have lost large amounts of monies. I will be recommending this site to clients accessing our Research Proposal Editing help so that they can be informed.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by walex303: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2017
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by SahmuelBolu(m): 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2017
Shell Talk Samsung Note 2 Case

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by dolawande(m): 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
Pls family anyone got this here and how real it is... Pls quick response ooo i beg. Thanks

Dear Applicant,
With respect to our advert on 1st august 2017. In the Guardian Newspaper and your interest.
I am pleased to inform you that you have been invited for an interview at pure Gold Logistics Synergy Ltd. No 35, Eweje Street beside Aviation Estate, off international Airport Road. Mafoluku Lagos. Find the interview scheduled date and time below.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Skolex(m): 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2017
This is to inform you that you have been invite to attend an interview
tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd of August 2017

Please find below the details of the interview:

Venue: WAPIC Insurance PLC

Address: 119, Awolowo Road, Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos

Time: 10:00am

Kindly ensure to be there on time

Please acknowledge this mail to confirm receipt and attendance.

Wish you the best of luck

Plss who knows abt dis place
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by IBOGIRL1: 7:23am On Aug 23, 2017
Please I got an interview invite slated for today from Drok Energy LTD located at 28, Raymond Njoku Street, off Awolowo Road, Ikoyi Lagos.

how real is this'd company because I searched online and barely got any information about them here although I found their website which has some information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by nuelyoyo(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2017
SILVER HEIGHT ENT. Invites You For An Interview Tomorrow @No. 9 Parliamentary Road, Opposite Njimintai Filling Station, Calabar. Time: 8.30am. REF: Ebt/L/637..For enquiries call 081-6894-7512
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Titmils(f): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
You are invited for a written test and interview on Thursday 24th August. 2017 by 8.00:am at the Head office of NewsDirect at 34, Aromobi Str, Blessing Estate, Gasline B/stop, Ijoko Road, Sango Ota. Please come with your CV. Ask of Seun 08069815558

Please I got this mail today, did anyone get it too? Is it real?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Adeshizzy: 5:08am On Aug 24, 2017
rotimi9:
Pls is dis real or scam
I got these mail as well. but my interview is today.hope the recruiting company is real
!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 24, 2017
Jossey2:

*I just got mine now* pls advice
You have been shortlisted for an interview on Wednesday 23/08/2017,by 9.00 am,at 98 Palm Avenue,Beside Methodist Church Mushin,Lagos.HRLD11
A sham. just Believe me
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Skolex(m): 6:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dear Applicant,

Prior to your application for the available job of a customer service representative, you have been considered for an aptitude test and oral interview with GERALD GROUP which has been scheduled for AUGUST 25TH 2017, the interview will start exactly 9.00 am. Be punctual

Please bring original copies your credentials, resume (hard copy), two passports with you to the interview, and hand them to our Human Resource Desk @ No 95, Fadeyi Express Road Fadeyi Bus-stop Lagos State Nigeria

Please Note: The interview session will last 3 hours minimum which includes written test and oral. However come with your writing material

Please write us to confirm/acknowledge your presence at the interview.

We look forward to meeting you.

BEST REGARDS
Who knows d firm or any idea abt dem
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by johnanu(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
I also got this mail.. how legit is this pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by johnanu(m): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
I also got this above mail too. how
legit is this pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by EhisC: 7:03pm On Aug 24, 2017
I got this mail. Can someone please confirm if it is real?

Dear Applicant,

Prior to your application for the available job of a customer service representative, you have been considered for an aptitude test and oral interview with GERALD GROUP which has been scheduled for AUGUST 25TH 2017, the interview will start exactly 9.00 am. Be punctual

Please bring original copies your credentials, resume (hard copy), two passports with you to the interview, and hand them to our Human Resource Desk @ No 95, Fadeyi Express Road Fadeyi Bus-stop Lagos State Nigeria

Please Note: The interview session will last 3 hours minimum which includes written test and oral. However come with your writing material

BEST REGARDS
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by johnanu(m): 7:07pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dear Applicant,

BEST REGARDS
how legit is this pls
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by farouk1989: 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2017
Dear Applicant,

BEST REGARDS

Please, is this job aptitude test invite real? And has anyone heard about this company before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.