Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

The Lions Den Of Arewa - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lions Den Of Arewa (35897 Views)

A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari / Abuja Capital Of Arewa Republic / Hausa/fulani Take Over In Niger Republic See Map Of Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone:

In case you've not noticed, this thread celebrates Northern Industry and Industrialists...not achievers in general. If you want a thread on the Northern Academia...be patient. By the way, I'm a northerner, and I'm in the west, not very far from you. Get help mate, your bigotry stinks.

So, in your neck of the woods, "bigotry" means pointing out the obvious, no? Or should I translate my post to Arabic, so you can discern my critique? Also, you asserted that thread is about "Industry and Industrialists" - however I saw a couple of academics there. And the use of "den" in the header is self-explanatory.

Anyway, create a thread for Northern academics - I'm highly interested in that.

No beef here, I just speak the truth.

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by aminho(m): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
NafeesaAA: Ofam Rice farm in Nassarawa State the largest in Africa
they call us illiterate forgetting that in arewa everybody can read and write it does not have to be English even the almajiris they insult read and write in arabic while some write in ajami most of them only speak english while most of us speak english arabic and our diffrnt languages eg fulani kanuri shuwa and some even speak french dos in border towns [quote author=prophetone]
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by NafeesaAA(f): 12:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone:

In case you've not noticed, this thread celebrates Northern Industry and Industrialists...not achievers in general. If you want a thread on the Northern Academia...be patient. By the way, I'm a northerner, and I'm in the west, not very far from you. Get help mate and quit stalking northerners on the web, your bigotry stinks.

In addition to what you told him, regards to education, yes its true we are lagging behind in that sphere and our leaders have been working on it since from the times of the Sarduana to date, with notable improvement e.g. Kano State only recently declaring free education for all its indigenes and compulsory in the State. Other states like Jigawa, Sokoto & Gombe are also recording giant strides in Education.

15yrs ago, virtually all secondary school teachers in Mathematics, English and Science subjects are sourced from the South, right now we are self sufficient in that area, with giant strides and complete take over of our teaching staffs in our Federal, State and private universities. With thousands of our children on state sponsored scholarship in various universities across the globe pursuing various disciplines, the catching up process is even on a higher tempo.

15yrs ago the North has nil state / private university, right now we can boost of state university in virtually all states in Northern Nigeria. New ones like the North West University in Kano, Jigawa State University in Kafin Hausa, Yobe State university in Damaturu, Sokoto State university in Sokoto, Bauchi State university in Azare, Gombe State university in Gombe, Adamawa State university in Mubi etc.

5 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Shinatu: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
NafeesaAA:
See them Haters

That is a nice, clean looking girl, not common on our streets these days, with all the fake hair and make up craze!

6 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
stinggy: Abokis my slave masters till I die grin
BETTER
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by AMvanquish: 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
SirShymex: This is an hysterical lion's den.

When your population is in tens of millions, and there are only a handful of achievements, then you should be worried.

Apart from the few rich folks, those who achieved excellence via academics are mediocre. Heck, I saw a guy doing postgrad programme at middlesex uni on the list - shameful.

It seems other Nigerians have infected the Northerners with the art of celebrating mediocrity, this is so unlike them.

You lot need to rally around one another, and develop your region. Your folks are [b]way behind others, despite the fact that "others" are also mediocre achievers - [/b]mostly book readers, and not critical thinkers.

Sad thread! undecided

Way behind in what aspect/criteria? Can you elaborate please?
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
SirShymex:

So, in your neck of the woods, "bigotry" means pointing out the obvious, no? Or should I translate my post to Arabic, so you can discern my critique? Also, you asserted that thread is about "Industry and Industrialists" - however I saw a couple of academics there. And the use of "den" in the header is self-explanatory.

Anyway, create a thread for Northern academics - I'm highly interested in that.

No beef here, I just speak the truth.

Nope, bigotry is what is in bold. You can't help yourself can you? Besides i don't know arabic so I wonder what you're on about undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Ahuitzotl: 1:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
NafeesaAA: [s]The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics puts the percentage of the southern population living in absolute poverty at 61% and a population of 64.9 million puts the number of southerners living in absolute poverty at 39,650,000 as at 2012. That is about 40 million in the south going to bed hungry this night. [/s]
Trash,bitter conjectures,without any official link whatsoever, from a propagandist bent on hoodwinking neutrals to the 'paradise' that is abound in the north…

4 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone:

Nope, bigotry is what is in bold. You can't help yourself can you? Besides i don't know arabic so I wonder what you're on about undecided

Well, in my own neck of the woods - "bigotry" has to do with discrimination and intolerance, not objective critique. And isn't it shocking that the female poster can see where I'm coming from(check her last post), however, you're too insecure to see the truth.

Also, I alluded to Arabic because I believe most Northerners are well-versed in the language, and since you've problems discerning my posts - it's only right that I suggest something that will make it simpler for you.

Next time, when hunting for those who have contempt for Northerners on these sides, I'll advise you to check their post history. I probably support the North more than most posters, and I do call people out from time to time, when they post offensive comments about your folks. Stop throwing hissy-fits everywhere, and learn to appreciate critique.

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
NafeesaAA:
In addition to what you told him, regards to education, yes its true we are lagging behind in that sphere and our leaders have been working on it since from the times of the Sarduana to date, with notable improvement e.g. Kano State only recently declaring free education for all its indigenes and compulsory in the State. Other states like Jigawa, Sokoto & Gombe are also recording giant strides in Education.

15yrs ago, virtually all secondary school teachers in Mathematics, English and Science subjects are sourced from the South, right now we are self sufficient in that area, with giant strides and complete take over of our teaching staffs in our Federal, State and private universities. With thousands of our children on state sponsored scholarship in various universities across the globe pursuing various disciplines, the catching up process is even on a higher tempo.

15yrs ago the North has nil state / private university, right now we can boost of state university in virtually all states in Northern Nigeria. New ones like the North West University in Kano, Jigawa State University in Kafin Hausa, Yobe State university in Damaturu, Sokoto State university in Sokoto, Bauchi State university in Azare, Gombe State university in Gombe, Adamawa State university in Mubi etc.

That's what's up.

I actually know a girl of Northern origin who graduated with a first class degree this year from a decent uni in the UK. Evidently, the folks up there are super-talented.

Regardless, I think I've made my point. When people start celebrating non-achievement due to the success of a handful of folks, who don't even make-up 5th decimal percentage of the people - then it becomes problematic.

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 1:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, in my own neck of the woods - "bigotry" has to do with discrimination and intolerance, not objective critique. And isn't it shocking that the female poster can see where I'm coming from(check her last post), however, you're too insecure to see the truth.

Also, I alluded to Arabic because I believe most Northerners are well-versed in the language, and since you've problems discerning my posts - it's only right that I suggest something that will make it simpler for you.

Next time, when hunting for those who have contempt for Northerners on these sides, I'll advise you to check their post history. I probably support the North more than most posters, and I do call people out from time to time, when they post offensive comments about your folks. Stop throwing hissy-fits everywhere, and learn to appreciate critique.

Oh I understood you clearly no doubt, excessively so for your cognition because I read in-between the lines and picked up on your misplaced arrogance which is the basis of my defensive posture. A true critique is constructive and objective.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone:

Oh I understood you clearly no doubt, excessively so for your cognition because I read in-between the lines and picked up on your misplaced arrogance which is the basis of my defensive posture. A true critique is constructive and objective.

However, when trying to "read in-between the lines" - you have to look at the motive and post history, to get a better picture of the person's thought process. Your inability to do that just shows you're insecure.

Moreover, I did allude to "Northerners being infected by other Nigerians in the art of celebrating mediocrity" and other things in the post you found offensive. So pray tell me how that isn't objective and constructive?

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Trash,bitter conjectures,without any official link whatsoever, from a propagandist bent on hoodwinking neutrals to the 'paradise' that is abound in the north…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17015873
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2007/jan/112.html

Do the math.

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Ahuitzotl: 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
prophetone:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17015873
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2007/jan/112.html

Do the math.
No you do the maths…The joke is on you,northern propagandists...
Excerpts from the first link:
Poverty has risen in Nigeria, with
almost 100 million people living on
less than a $1 (£0.63) a day, despite
economic growth, statistics have
shown.
The National Bureau of Statistics said
60.9% of Nigerians in 2010 were living in
"absolute poverty" - this figure had risen
from 54.7% in 2004.
The bureau predicted this rising trend was
likely to continue.
Nigeria is Africa's biggest oil producer but
the sector has been tainted by
accusations of corruption.
According to the report, absolute poverty
is measured by the number of people
who can afford only the bare essentials of
shelter, food and clothing.
North-south divide
The NBS, a government agency, said there
was a paradox at the heart of Nigeria as
the economy was going from strength to
strength, mainly because of oil production
- yet Nigerians were getting poorer.
"Despite the fact that the Nigerian
economy is growing, the proportion of
Nigerians living in poverty is increasing
every year, although it declined between
1985 and 1992, and between 1996 and
2004," head of the NBS bureau Yemi Kale
said.
Continue reading the main story
Nigeria's population in poverty
1980: 17.1 million
1985: 34.7 million
1992: 39.2 million
1996: 67.1 million
2004: 68.7 million
2010: 112.47 million
Source: Nigeria's National Bureau of
Statistics
Oil accounts for some 80% of Nigeria's
state revenues but it has hardly any
capacity to refine crude oil into fuel,
which has to be imported.
Last month, there was a nationwide strike
when the government tried to remove
the subsidy on fuel, angering many
Nigerians who see it as the only benefit
they received from the country's vast oil
wealth.
The NBS said that relative poverty was
most apparent in the north of the
country, with Sokoto state's poverty rate
the highest at 86.4%.
In the north-west and north-east of the
country poverty rates were recorded at
77.7% and 76.3% respectively, compared
to the south-west at 59.1%.

BBC Africa analyst Richard Hamilton says
it is perhaps no surprise that extremist
groups, such as Boko Haram, continue to
have an appeal in northern parts of the
country, where poverty and
underdevelopment are at their most
severe.
The report also revealed that Nigerians
consider themselves to be getting poorer.
In 2010, 93.9% of respondents felt
themselves to be poor compared to
75.5% six years earlier.
Mr Kale says releasing such statistics from
time to time is crucial for effective
government planning.
"This kind of data helps them to know
what is really happening so they can track
their policies and programmes," he told
the BBC's Focus on Africa programme.
"It gives them the opportunity to look at
what they are doing... and if there are
areas they need to change, it makes it
easier to modify strategies," he added.

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
Enahi: This Dantata man looks hungry and sick to me?
true, I wonder why.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by idupaul: 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
NafeesaAA: Jelani Aliyu, a Nigerian from Sokoto State, is US auto giant General Motors Senior Creative Designer. He designed the world acclaimed Chevy Volt which has been described as an American Revolution and hottest concept in automobile design line. According to the company's New .

A quick list at the design team list of the Volt keeps turning up one Boniface Bob a cleveland native as the lead designer for the large team that designed the shell of the chevy volt .. What team exactly was mr Aliyu on .. Was he on the Engineering and Mechanics design team or the Aerodynamics and exteriors team ko na the interior and safety team .. Let's be specific as I suspect this to be like tha hoax of one Nigerian being the inventor of the internet or another that claimed he was a inventor of robotics .. Every search result the describes mr Aliyu as the "inventor" of Chevy volt is unfortunately and Nigerian owned forum or site ..Funny if we know the number of concerted thoughts that go into the development of the of car from idea to concept to production then I think its funny to label somebody as designer of a car

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Ahuitzotl: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
That is what's up in the North.Out of 10 northerners on the average 8 are very poor with the crass ignorance in the area coupled with religious extremism this stat will worsen.Until the likes of Dangote and co invest on the education and economic upliftment of the wretched northern populace (women and children), this here propaganda "lions of arewa" will not wash....It should be redubbed " Fat cats of arewa serfdom"

3 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by buJu234: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
why can these guys plus the others help save their northern people from poverty

The Northern Nigerian elites have more money but their people are in poverty

The Southern Nigerian elites have less money but their people are in wealth...

can u see people oriented thieves/looters VS me my family only thieves/looters

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by abdulkayus(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
Arsenate: have you been to Gombe? that's one fine town. truly northerners don't blow their trumpets. they just go about doing their things quietly.

I hav nt been to Gombe bt heard alot abt it. Gombe is one of d most peaceful state in Nigeria bt many southerners wouldn't agree wit it. To dem every state in d north frm Benue to Jigawa is a dead zone, LOL. Very funny assertion.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by abdulkayus(m): 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: That is what's up in the North.Out of 10 northerners on the average 8 are very poor with the crass ignorance in the area coupled with religious extremism this stat will worsen.Until the likes of Dangote and co invest on the education and economic upliftment of the wretched northern populace (women and children), this here propaganda "lions of arewa" will not wash....It should be redubbed " Fat cats of arewa serfdom"

And who told u d like of Dangote dont invest in education or health in d north. Do u knw hw many building Dangote is sponsoring in Bayero University, Kano and also health center he is building as a gift for d kano populace? Nt only Dangote bt many other rich men frm d north. U will nt knw this cos dey dont blow their trumpet and many media tend to shy away from good news in d north bt will be eager to broadcast any bad news jus to sell. Media is a poweful tool, that is y many Americans are ignorants abt Africa and also d ongoing massacre in Gaza.
And wat u ppl call poor poor poor all d tym is over exaggerated. There is poverty in d whole nation and an average hausa man os a contended person that is y dey live a very simple lifestyle. They are also entrepreneur in nature wit honesty.
U need to travel out and stop being feed wit lies.

And mind u am nt an Hausa guy bt has live in d north for quite long tym to see many things are nt as protray in d media.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by omoredia: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
amazing offer!

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by s3nn2x(m): 2:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
I am not impressed. This is not a thread on the development of a state or a geo-political zone, but this is on the whole Northern region and Abuja. Kai!!! I weep for Nigeria. I wonder if a thread on "Lions of the South" was created...I know it cannot happen, when the bigots of South East and West are always on each others throat. Just look at the way the OP is lumping the North in order to make it seem like it is one indivisible entity....they even included Baze University...kai!!! Naija don suffer.

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by omenka(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nihilist: Is there anyone of these guys that hasn't exploited cronyism and favourable government contracts/monopolies?

Pray tell, which billionaire in this country hasn't enjoyed govt patronage

I really don't see the point of your question.

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by AMvanquish: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ahuitzotl: That is what's up in the North.Out of 10 northerners on the average 8 are very poor with the crass ignorance in the area coupled with religious extremism this stat will worsen.Until the likes of Dangote and co invest on the education and economic upliftment of the wretched northern populace (women and children), this here propaganda "lions of arewa" will not wash....It should be redubbed " Fat cats of arewa serfdom"

Very funny the way some people just assume and love to swallow anything they read. The nature of my job has taken me to the nooks and crannies of this country. Both rural & Urban. Wheteher north, south, west, east; poverty is everywhere. So this your 8/10 assertion is just bogus and a mediocre attempt to justify exactly what you know nothing about. Peeps just sit down in their small rooms and spew trash. I think next time Im on field duty in other parts of the country, I should start taking pictures for all to see.

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by WIZGUY69(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
NICE ONE @ ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THIS THREAD, Gaskiya! zo chi ubanka of any ibo bigot on his thread! So many unexposed id.iots here! so fo.ols were even typing ...........money of the Niger Delta, can't the Niger Delta develop there place by themselves? "or them no get mouth? some unexposed f.ool thinks that the North is only a desert! lol. JIGAWA HAS A GOOD MOTORABLE ROAD THAN ANY SOUTHERN CITY! FACT! Kano is developed than almost all the southern city except like 2 cities.
I LOVE KADUNA
I LOVE KANO.
In short God bless Arewa Republic.
shame on THE LAND OF THE DEAD SUN.
GOD BLESS ODUA NATION.

7 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by uzoexcel(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
u are so on point!!!!!
anonimi:

My dear, the objective measure will be what RATIO of Americans are destitute compared to those who are not.
What is the same ratio in northern Nigeria

Of course ther are some northerners who are also in the education sector but what is there ratio to the population of the North? And how has that affected the COMPARATIVELY low cut-off mark for northerners in national exams as posted earlier
As I said there are always INDIVIDUAL stars in each society, what is more important is to have MANY stars in the society such that the whole community/group/society/nation is BRIGHTENED by the CRITICAL MASS of these shiny elements.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by uzoexcel(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
nice pics u v been puttn up but unfortunately u shot urself in the foot.we are so used to mediocrity that we put up pics of bridges and roads as a sign of development...granted it is but u shouldnt put these up..Its your right as A nigerian...The money has always been there...no other developed country talks about good roads and all because it should be built and placed there by those in power by default.
NafeesaAA: Dutse dual carriage Bypass cutting across from Takur junction to NNPC Mega station junction

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by anonimi: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
idupaul:

A quick list at the design team list of the Volt keeps turning up one Boniface Bob a cleveland native as the lead designer for the large team that designed the shell of the chevy volt .. What team exactly was mr Aliyu on .. Was he on the Engineering and Mechanics design team or the Aerodynamics and exteriors team ko na the interior and safety team .. Let's be specific as I suspect this to be like tha hoax of one Nigerian being the inventor of the internet or another that claimed he was a inventor of robotics .. Every search result the describes mr Aliyu as the "inventor" of Chevy volt is unfortunately and Nigerian owned forum or site ..Funny if we know the number of concerted thoughts that go into the development of the of car from idea to concept to production then I think its funny to label somebody as designer of a car

Abeg na who ask you to do search again, you for leave our tori as we bin put am now.......abi you want make dem label you hater ni
sarcastic mode

2 Likes

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by Ahuitzotl: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
AMvanquish:

[s]Very funny the way some people just assume and love to swallow anything they read. The nature of my job has taken me to the nooks and crannies of this country. Both rural & Urban. Wheteher north, south, west, east; poverty is everywhere. So this your 8/10 assertion is just bogus and a mediocre attempt to justify exactly what you know nothing about. Peeps just sit down in their small rooms and spew trash. I think next time Im on field duty in other parts of the country, I should start taking pictures for all to see.[/s] [/b]
To come up with this rubbish you skipped the text culled from the very resource link posted by your cohorts to potray that 60% of the poverty rate in Nigeria lies in the south....Read from the top of page 5 again.

1 Like

Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by millhouse: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
fixed
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by anonimi: 2:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
AMvanquish:

Very funny the way some people just assume and love to swallow anything they read. The nature of my job has taken me to the nooks and crannies of this country. Both rural & Urban. Wheteher north, south, west, east; poverty is everywhere. So this your 8/10 assertion is just bogus and a mediocre attempt to justify exactly what you know nothing about. Peeps just sit down in their small rooms and spew trash. I think next time Im on field duty in other parts of the country, I should start taking pictures for all to see.

Please do and post on a thread for it.
Thanks.
Re: The Lions Den Of Arewa by prophetone(m): 2:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
uzoexcel: nice pics u v been puttn up but unfortunately u shot urself in the foot.we are so used to mediocrity that we put up pics of bridges and roads as a sign of development...granted it is but u shouldnt put these up..Its your right as A nigerian...The money has always been there...no other developed country talks about good roads and all because it should be built and placed there by those in power by default.

I get your point but she was only contributing to the thread, which is commendable regardless. The intention is to highlight industry and not necessarily infrastructural development, which is no less worthy of celebration in its own right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report / Obasanjo To Form A New Party As Alternative To PDP, APC Ahead Of 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.