Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Is Ice-prince Overrated? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Ice-prince Overrated? (23754 Views)

Is Ice Prince Trying To Pull Yemi Alade’s Hair Off? (photo) / Is Ice Prince Bleaching ?? Fans Attack Him After He Shared This Photo …. / How Much Is Ice Cube Worth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 04, 2014
Ice Prince Wats d meaning of They on d tip ..am d iceberg am d Sugar U d outcast...how does this makes sense.like Dude Overrated but still Elevated tho
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by iconize(m): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5: PHYNO IS NOT GOOD AT ALL. HIS PUNCHLINE, LYRICS RHYMES ARE WEAK, NOT STRONG.

#ICE PRINCE IS A GOOD RAPPER. HIS IS ALWAYS ON POINT

Dumbo, is the topic about Phyno?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by bensowe(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2014
All these rappers u mentioned call only rap not sing, they will need 2 feature someone for their music to be sweet. My dear, Ice prince can rap and sing at the same time, abeg the guy get swag pass all of them
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by iconize(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2014
bankydd: I find ice Prince a very boring rapper.he's very talented..make no mistake..he's talented..as we saw in songs like oleku..but he's an artificial rapper..do you know he can't freestyle..watch the Tim Westwood choc boys freestyle and you'll see how ice Prince disgraced himself. but he has a way of making poppy hits.like aboki,aboki remix,vip , the French Montana song.. he's a good artiste.but a really average rapper. but I'm very sure he can improve..Most Nigeria rappers are damn lazy

What are you saying? Tim westwood that was done in 2011 if I'm not mistaking.
Dude has grown to be a freestyle maestro...
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Ice is good. M.i is better. But Vector is tha bomb!

And did some1 just referred Olamide as a rapper? That dude is a noise maker!!!

LAST BULLET: Iceprince deserve all the awards he'd been honoured with. If you doubt me, go listen More, I swear, that nigga, truth, somebody lied, die 2moro and whisky. I swear these tracks are bombs!!

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GPA5: 8:23am On Aug 04, 2014
iconize:

Dumbo, is the topic about Phyno?

FOOL, PYNO IS A SUB TOPIC IN THE THREAD
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by femikay149(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2014
engrFsumtin: Hmmm...sum ppl can criticize sha..
Let's just say he's not had a good 2014.
Ice prince of 2010 - 2011 really reminds us of how Ice prince has changed (same with wizkid)

Ahh...op yhu mentioned olamide,phyno & co in ur list,& u didn't mention Yung6ix?

I believe Yung6ix is up there,too.He's berra than most of these murdaf***as!

Pls who is Yung6ix....*scratching my head*
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by MadCow1: 8:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Ice Prince is highly overrated..

His Albums have always fallen below par. He almost got away with that Track featuring French Montana on his last Album, but one 'Almost Hit' track does not sell an Album. Maybe Jesse Jagz shuld have continued to produce for the Chocolate city crew.

As far as I am concerned, I will officially declare Chocolate city dead after I hear M.I's next album (if any).

Jags went solo and released an Album that sounded more Jamaican (and poorly so) than Nigerian. A Rapper whose 'Jagz of All Tradez' album can be argued to be among the top 10 Albums ever put out by a Nigerian Musician. Then I learnt he even released a follow up album to his solo sophomore album.

M.I for me is also out of it. After I heard the 'Chairman' track, I was like WTF?! The last good thing to come from M.I remains his 'Illegal Music 2' mixtape Album. I hope his 3rd Album would get him back to the M.I that put out M.I and M.I 2.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by IdiAmin2(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Well, that is what good producer, promoter and marketer will do for an average rapper like Ice Prince.
there is a difference between a rapper and an M.C
unfortunaely true Mcs like Modenine, Vector, Terry da rapman, IllBliss dont bag the awards
right now, I'm blasting Vector and Cartier - Cypher (freestyle). Omo, this Vector na die!!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Djicemob: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2014
Rashdimuh: ice prince not a good rapper nigerians neva ceases to amaze Mode9 dey beg all of una to buy his song u dey tk say his style is not welcome olamide is busy giving good music u go say he is a noise maker, phyno spits igbo lang in his songs u tk say u no hear weti him dy tok, Vector releases a venom of deep meaningful lyrics u tok say he is a jayz wannabe . You all need to hit d studio and know hw hard it is to make a song, imaging saying the ascension album is full of wack songs crappy nigerians.
Ur comment for make sense if u sabi punctuation sha.Now u mess everything up.

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Proffdada: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2014
after oleku I rarely listen to him cuz he sounds like nursery rhymes recital

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GIYAZZ(m): 8:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Iceprince is good, but he's commercial.

When you wanna talk rappers who are d0pe and lyrically inclined, call these rappers:

Boogey
Modenine
TerryThaRapman
Blaqbonez
X.O Senavoe
Kahil Abdul
SDC
M.I
PeroSchuz
Ibime
Vector
Godwon
Sinzu
TopDog 22
Wale (tho he's based in America, he's also Nigerian)
Fecko
Bosalin
Zoro
Loose Kaynon
Lord V
G'IYAZ cool etc. . .
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2014
Booty4me: op ur own opinion. Bt iceprince is bigger dan those rap artiste u mention in d music industry
who'z talkin bout bigger.....'Better' is wat we consider here......sori op
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by mkoabiola: 8:34am On Aug 04, 2014
Oleku was his best rapp,after den,d rest na shit
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Djicemob: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2014
ICE PRINCE music...
Wordplay-0
Punchlines-0
Metaphors-0
Rhymes-0
Similes-0
Flow-10
Delivery-10
Instagram pics-100

Yes he is overated.
Last time i heard a rapsong from him was in his TRUTH freestyle.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by iconize(m): 8:39am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

FOOL, PYNO IS A SUB TOPIC IN THE THREAD

This cyber cafe riffraff that virtually knows nothing is trying to claim a clever-di.ck.
Now dumbo, how's Phyno a sub topic in the thread?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by GPA5: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2014
iconize:

This cyber cafe riffraff that virtually knows nothing is trying to claim a clever-di.ck.
Now dumbo, how's Phyno a sub topic in the thread?

THIS SPARE PARTE DEALER, OP LISTED PHYNO HAS ONE OF THE BEST RAPPER IN NIGERIA AND DOWNGRADING ICE PRINCE, WHICH ICE PRINCE IS MORE BETTER THAN PHYNO.

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Limibanti(m): 8:43am On Aug 04, 2014
Ice prince is way too overrated, am even tired of listening to his songs self, I wonder those who nominates him...he jst rushes his words and finish d last part with a loud noise(Aboki style)...jst lucky to be making it that huge...even dem black magic sabi pass am...Choc bois are jst gone!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by mbulela: 8:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Ibime rap pass ice prince
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by hatux: 8:52am On Aug 04, 2014
henryobinna: that guy ugly abeg. plus him no even know wether him be rapper or singer, Check his song with banky. trash!
What! Blackmagic is ugly!? Like Wtf! You said 'body' is trash, guy listen to that song again please... Meanwhile, Blackmagic is a rapper who does afro beat,which his kind of rap is unique and classic!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by kethoja(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2014
Ice prince is never overated because the young man is good at what he does.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2014
Abeg make una leave ice prince alone. Dude be making his cash, boys be here beefing.
He is making legit cash .
One thing in life, u cant make everyone happy.
People always gon talk, whether you do good or bad.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 9:01am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: Seriously my brother... The guy is really overrated, and it pains me always. The guy is so consistent, except he speaks good english. He's good though, but he's not that good. And to those rappers you mentioned Op,he isn't better off anyone of them just he's on the same lane with Reminisce. But the guy is overrated sha ...*my opinion* FTC! Yipeeeeeeeeee! Anyways,thanks Jah!
i totally disagree with you he his really good and his flows and swaggs looks international from the list no one beats iceprince except only mode9
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2014
Limibanti: Ice prince is way too overrated, am even tired of listening to his songs self, I wonder those who nominates him...he jst rushes his words and finish d last part with a loud noise(Aboki style)...jst lucky to be making it that huge...even dem black magic sabi pass am...Choc bois are jst gone!!
if ice prince is overrated what is phyno
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Vado(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2014
kendrick93: hav u listened to dis track-- CAN I TALK.. go and listen to dat. he killed it

Nope. I might.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Anacksunamun: 9:12am On Aug 04, 2014
This is a dumb question because everyone should know Ice Prince is a wack rapper. Apart from Stars and Light, all other songs on his FOZ album are utter balderdash!! From Whiskey to Aboki. Even on Shots on Shots, Sarkodie murdered him. If not for Sarkodie, Shots on Shots would've been shitty!! The most over hyped Rapper in Nigeria presently. Vector, Phenom etc, are way doper than that wacko!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Anacksunamun: 9:15am On Aug 04, 2014
heatmeup: if ice prince is overrated what is phyno
Don't compare Phyno with Ice Prince. Ice Prince the wacko raps in English/Pidgin, Phyno raps in Igbo. Both can't flow well if told to switch places. But in Igbo/Traditional rap, Phyno is fùcking dópe, no contest!!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Rashdimuh(m): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Djicemob: Ur comment for make sense if u sabi punctuation sha.Now u mess everything up.
Bro no mind me jare is just dat I detest mediocrity dts all, it is so obvious dat naija music followers are lovers of beats nt lyrics. Team Ascension.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by henryobinna(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2014
hatux: What! Blackmagic is ugly!? Like Wtf! You said 'body' is trash, guy listen to that song again please... Meanwhile, Blackmagic is a rapper who does afro beat,which his kind of rap is unique and classic!
let's not talk about his appearance cos its been decided cheesy .
oh I remember the name now. body is trash or maybe I just don't like it. amonh all his songs I've listened to and/or watch the videos, the only I like and I think is good music is the one he did with that femi guy. Oritse femi. not sure of his name tho
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2014
Anacksunamun: Don't compare Phyno with Ice Prince. Ice Prince the wacko raps in English/Pidgin, Phyno raps in Igbo. Both can't flow well if told to switch places. But in Igbo/Traditional rap, Phyno is fùcking dópe, no contest!!
if phyno continues like that he will continue to be LOCAL
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Elnino4ladies: 9:28am On Aug 04, 2014
kendrick93: hav u listened to dis track-- CAN I TALK.. go and listen to dat. he killed it
..WTF..ice prince murdered no shiit on dt track..MI did follow by joell ortiz..ice lines dry pass gin 4 dt track....
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by sledge001(m): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2014
Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

Please guys educate me on this issue. I really want
to know if his worth the awards and nominations or
just overrated in your own opinion...
[/quote]

Its amazing the list of MCs u got up there aint gat Mode9 on it (the best of all). Well, the truth is "hip hop is dead" both home and abroad. We have a lot of rappers but very few lyricists. Rap in its purest form is poetry and not just yapping shit. Oopps, my bad! Olodo syndrome de really worry most of our rappers... yes I said it.
Much respect to Modenizy and MI for keeping it real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Isabella Ayuk Gives Out Cloths To Widows And Children (Photos) / Speed Darlington Hints Arrest After He Called Out Lady Who Didn't Have Sex With / Motora Apologizes For Mocking Beggar In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.