Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is Ice-prince Overrated? - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Ice-prince Overrated? (23755 Views)

Is Ice Prince Trying To Pull Yemi Alade’s Hair Off? (photo) / Is Ice Prince Bleaching ?? Fans Attack Him After He Shared This Photo …. / How Much Is Ice Cube Worth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by ksbusari(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Rap is rhyme and ice prince has it. He is d best in Nigeria
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by josh4eva00(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lanceslot: Just mention 1 person that he's better than on my list.. I'm not hating man, for he's an average rapper and its so sickening hearing him repeat same aboki line in all his current songs.

Don't get me wrong! I see things from your perspective but from Ice's stable i can think aloud for him like "mehn! I don discover the formular o! Chai i must dey give them wetin dem want inorder to stash dem nairas".Unfortunately, rap heads like you dont dig whats he's tryna do buh he does it for a greater number not that he cant go heads on with the said rappers aforementioned. LANCe everyone does a switch in d music industry inorder to achieve a target. Inyanya was singing gospel buh changed sharp sharp. Question is WHY? Even phyno that appeared on your list was rapping in english, buh he never would have edged out an MI if he didn't switch lane.That dude has been in d industry for ages buh hes only a new kid on the spot-light. The list is endless.
If Mode 9 were that good as most rap heads proclaim then let him transform his music and make just ONE hit.
Dagrin is extraordinary rest his soul
Jesse Jags is on another planet of his own buh if you wanna stay relevant in the game, you have got to give everyone want they can chew @ some point. Jags aint doing that for me.
MI is their papa and i envy that nigga. He's beginning to loose wits these days though.
phenom has a weakness listen to him closely u would figure out he runs outta lyrical content quickly. I mean the one that leaves a mark in your ear drums.
yung six appears to vulgar if u ask me. Not everyone subscribes to that.
Olamide is of the streets what do u expect.. he got his own fans
the rest on your list are just trying to build a brand that is not yet established.
Bro, Ice is really trying..check am.. he's doing his best buh m not saying hes the best yet. He deserves to be on your 10man list @ least his music got a brand that's out there.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by phatdough(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Have alwaz asked same question. I rili don't see why he's getting all the hype as he's too one dimensional. The way he was shot by sarkodie in a song he was surpose to be boss of is a recent example of his massive but deserved decline to where he actually belongs.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by scarwiz(m): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
planetuzor: I have not come as one who really knows what rap is
all about or someone who is completely a novice,
but in my opinion I think the subject matter in
person of Ice-Prince the Aboki himself is overrated

I kept wandering what's this guy rapping that's
making him bag awards even when his got no hit
song. He's just like a one way rapper,one particular
rap tone and style (with due respect to him)...
Sincerely am of limited knowledge here of this Guy
and how come he gets most of the BET awards and
always nominated in rap category even when his
music impact to the average nigeria that just like
good music is just too minimal...

Even at this time when we have some venom
spitting rap artist like this ones listed below in no
particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

Please guys educate me on this issue. I really want
to know if his worth the awards and nominations or
just overrated in your own opinion...
becuz iceprince has mre swag and rap better dn all d rest listed above wit english nt lyk olamide sarkodie who mix thier languages
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Lanceslot(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
josh4eva00:

Don't get me wrong! I see things from your perspective but from Ice's stable i can think aloud for him like "mehn! I don discover the formular o! Chai i must dey give them wetin dem want inorder to stash dem nairas".Unfortunately, rap heads like you dont dig whats he's tryna do buh he does it for a greater number not that he cant go heads on with the said rappers aforementioned. LANCe everyone does a switch in d music industry inorder to achieve a target. Inyanya was singing gospel buh changed sharp sharp. Question is WHY? Even phyno that appeared on your list was rapping in english, buh he never would have edged out an MI if he didn't switch lane.That dude has been in d industry for ages buh hes only a new kid on the spot-light. The list is endless.
If Mode 9 were that good as most rap heads proclaim then let him transform his music and make just ONE hit.
Dagrin is extraordinary rest his soul
Jesse Jags is on another planet of his own buh if you wanna stay relevant in the game, you have got to give everyone want they can chew @ some point. Jags aint doing that for me.
MI is their papa and i envy that nigga. He's beginning to loose wits these days though.
phenom has a weakness listen to him closely u would figure out he runs outta lyrical content quickly. I mean the one that leaves a mark in your ear drums.
yung six appears to vulgar if u ask me. Not everyone subscribes to that.
Olamide is of the streets what do u expect.. he got his own fans
the rest on your list are just trying to build a brand that is not yet established.
Bro, Ice is really trying..check am.. he's doing his best buh m not saying hes the best yet. He deserves to be on your 10man list @ least his music got a brand that's out there.
I feel your vibe man, but for me he didn't switch, he's just doing same thing all over again (aboki style). No doubt its working for him, but the game is not all about doing same thing again and again and again, its all about doing new thing with new beat and still in same game (rap). Listen to the likes of Jesse or Phyno, they have many tracks but with different vibes, Phyno didn't do any other track similar to 'Man of the year' or 'Ghost mode' and he's still selling big.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by crisycent: 4:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
I think he's overrated tho. But if not for hype, NaS would have been richer than Jay.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by LinoBawse(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
IcePrince Isn't Overrated! When he Wants to Bring his dopest line, he does that easily but in 9ja, if u are too dope, u wont sell/blow rather, u can ask mode9,terry da rapman, pheroshywuz,overdoze etc......
I think ice prince is just giving us what we wanna hear in 9ja, only rhymes and rhymes, thats all!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by ceo003: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Misolex(m): 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ice prince is one of d best rapper in 9ja...u dnt av 2 lyk im.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by maziemma(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2014

particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

if u dnt knw,its better u let him be cos u r not d one dat is giving him d awards...he dserve dem dats y he is getting dem #teamiceprince
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by KMJY(f): 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
It isn't a small thing for one to become a CASE STUDY. Iceprince has carved a niche for himself in the Naija Rap scene thatz why he's become ur case study. Accept it or not, most of u haters here are hating on Ice base on the premise that he isn't from the same tribe with you. How many of these guys u hav mentioned up here hav had a threat created on their own account? CONCLUSION: The higher one gets in life, the more he becomes a target of brood and vipers!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Tupundu(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Am better than all of dem joorr... wink
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by josh4eva00(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lanceslot: I feel your vibe man, but for me he didn't switch, he's just doing same thing all over again (aboki style). No doubt its working for him, but the game is not all about doing same thing again and again and again, its all about doing new thing with new beat and still in same game (rap). Listen to the likes of Jesse or Phyno, they have many tracks but with different vibes, Phyno didn't do any other track similar to 'Man of the year' or 'Ghost mode' and he's still selling big.

Lance baba! You still don't get it, do you? I understand you expect more from ice which is even a very good criticism buh bruv everyone makes a track from a pre-existing hit(owned or not) and expect it to hit the air waves because its already familiar
to listeners which would be readily & easily absorbed. Yeah! he's a bit lazy cos he doesn't wanna go through the stress of "walking through that lane" of giving the audience something new plus the hardwork done in trying to get his fans like it if it doesn't appeal to them 1st time. Its easy way out! Psquare does it and it works. Infact any commercial artist does it and it works. having said that, i dont wish phyno badluck buh i think he won't savour limelight for too long(reasons best known to me). IF you think phyno is that hardworking and is not doing the same old thing various naija rapper does, i ll give u a simple experiment. If you have got drakes "worst behaviour" listen to it and after that, listen to phyno's "alobam" then come back and tell me what you heard similar.
Every rapper is only trying to survive or ball big bro!
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by homesteady(m): 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2014
Na una sabi! Ice prince is the best rapper in this world!
Eminem, lil wayne and co were not able to make me like rap music, but ice prince was able!
Though I know after that aboki song, he has been churning out similar song, but he has released some club ban bangers like whisky!

To those that said all his songs are similar, haven't you guys listened to his everybody likes ice prince album?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by PLEXPLEX(m): 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
He isn't overrated to all the people that matters like BET channel O MTV etc. He certainly isn't overrated for me.....
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
Apart from his verse in "Somebody wants to die" (2009) in which MI ft him n "Can I Talk" where he spit some diss lines directed @ Kanye West(Yeah I know Jesus and Allah, More than I know Yeezus(Kanye) in prada), he's got nufn more to offer the rap Industry..
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Lanceslot(m): 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
josh4eva00:

Lance baba! You still don't get it, do you? I understand you expect more from ice which is even a very good criticism buh bruv everyone makes a track from a pre-existing hit(owned or not) and expect it to hit the air waves because its already familiar
to listeners which would be readily & easily absorbed. Yeah! he's a bit lazy cos he doesn't wanna go through the stress of "walking through that lane" of giving the audience something new plus the hardwork done in trying to get his fans like it if it doesn't appeal to them 1st time. Its easy way out! Psquare does it and it works. Infact any commercial artist does it and it works. having said that, i dont wish phyno badluck buh i think he won't savour limelight for too long(reasons best known to me). IF you think phyno is that hardworking and is not doing the same old thing various naija rapper does, i ll give u a simple experiment. If you have got drakes "worst behaviour" listen to it and after that, listen to phyno's "alobam" then come back and tell me what you heard similar.
Every rapper is only trying to survive or ball big bro!
Do I know you?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Meziem1010(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Baby give me some more
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
You are just one helluva chick cheesy
heatmeup: pics of u snapping with custom duties and the car or adonbeliveit
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by dozymars(m): 12:28am On Aug 05, 2014
Thought I was the only one that thinks he is overrated.
Truly, he is overrated.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by kingic: 3:26am On Aug 05, 2014

particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

oga relax joor .....ICE PRINCE brings life to a track ,he is versatile ,he is skilled ,he entertains ....you always look forward to his songs .....he raps ,sings in reggae and afro hip hop ....nobody has ever made huge success combining all these together ...... his punches are good enough to carry any African along you don't have to carry oxford book of raps to decode their meaning ..... and for the fact that he raps in pidgin sometimes even makes me respect him the more (originality).....his is not underated in anyway ....he is just not a hardcore raw hip hop rapper like mode9 & believe me I hate those type of musicians ,,as a matter of fact we all do .......they are too boring .....

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by kingic: 3:26am On Aug 05, 2014

particular order

Vector d Viper
Terry d rap man
Phenom
Olamide
Phyno
Ill-bliss
Reminisce....

oga relax joor .....ICE PRINCE brings life to a track ,he is versatile ,he is skilled ,he entertains ....you always look forward to his songs .....he raps ,sings in reggae and afro hip hop ....nobody has ever made huge success combining all these together ...... his punches are good enough to carry any African along you don't have to carry oxford book of raps to decode their meaning ..... and for the fact that he raps in pidgin sometimes even makes me respect him the more (originality).....his is not underated in anyway ....he is just not a hardcore raw hip hop rapper like mode9 & believe me I hate those type of musicians ,,as a matter of fact we all (most Nigerians) do .......they are too boring .....

1 Like

Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by ceo003: 3:57am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by heatmeup(f): 8:12am On Aug 05, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: You are just one helluva chick cheesy
lolzzzzz where are the pics or adon....................
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:12am On Aug 05, 2014
grin grin grin
heatmeup: lolzzzzz where are the pics or adon....................
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by FreshGuy2(m): 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Khalessi: Who is ice prince? Does he sell ice cream?
i wonder o
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by coolebux(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
Mehn! that Jos boy is way too over-hyped
Some folks take "oleku" to be his biggest hit
Yeah it brought him to limelight, but all glory to Brymo's anointed voice. and we all know that Ice-prince's rap almost marred that song.
Once again, kudos to Brymo.
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Idongesitvinci(m): 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
Seriously av bin tinkin of dat 2...but i'd say ice prince is jux lucky,plus he knws how to package,present nd publicize himself...diz xtics r d only things dat mek his repeated lines sound interesting.. .av seen people mention naija rappers here buh no one mentioned ERIGGA...maka y ?
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by captainnigeria(m): 3:20am On Aug 06, 2014
The guy is not that good.every other song after oleku seemed forced
Re: Is Ice-prince Overrated? by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: BET is not a big award jare,more of 2nd class award.
guy are you for real Which one come be first class again na? Grammy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Between Davido And A Troll Who Made His Voice A Problem / Oge Okoye Lovely In Red Gown For An Xmas Party (Photo) / Motora Apologizes For Mocking Beggar In Viral Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.