Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War (8729 Views)

Attrocities Of Biafran Soldiers during civil war / Disclaimer: Here Is The Real Authentic Photo Of Baifran Soldiers During The War / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Balkan(m): 1:24am On Aug 04, 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/biafran-soldiers-protest-in-ibadan/

‘We’d have fought for sovereignty of Biafra’
on may 06, 2013 at 5:42 pm in news
Facebook Share Twitter Share
By OLA AJAYI, IBADAN
HUNDREDS of angry military pensioners in the country Monday besieged the Oyo State Secretariat saying they regretted fighting against Biafran soldiers to ensure the unity of the country.
They said if they had known that the country would repay them in this wicked manner, they would have fought for the survival and sovereignty of Biafra.
The retired soldiers who spoke through their Chairman, Mr. Mr. Gabriel Oiakhena said, “we have been pushed to the wall. The families of over 500,000 soldiers who lost their lives in Biafra are suffering.
Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by LordMecuzy(m): 4:30am On Aug 04, 2014
Lol I Laff.

The Igbos have Moved On after d war, developing Southeast into Mega Cities.

Una Still dey Protest For OYO State

Northern Soldiers used n Dumped u guys. Now the Northern Retired Soldiers are all Billionaires.

Back to Bed . Love u Kitis

47 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Kalvan50: 5:10am On Aug 04, 2014
LordMecuzy: Lol I Laff.

The Igbos have Moved On after d war, developing Southeast into Mega Cities.

Una Still dey Protest For OYO State

Northern Soldiers used n Dumped u guys. Now the Northern Retired Soldiers are all Billionaires.

Back to Bed . Love u Kitis

Wut?! Mega cities of red soil?!

Hahahhahahhahah!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Sloan: 5:11am On Aug 04, 2014
For a long time, Ibos have lied several times and the young Ibos miseducated that all they got after the civil war was 20 pounds, each, in cash! The truth has been out there for a long time only that like Goebbels theory of propaganda, repeat a big lie all the time for a long time and people will believe it. So far, here is the summary of monies and benefits Ibos got after a war they are 100% responsible for and should have born the total cost of financing it on both sides:

1. All the allocations for the eastern states, saved for them since the beginning of the war to the end: millions of pounds

2. After the war 990,000 per month, the same that was given to other states

3. Take off / sustenance grant for the ACB (the ibo bank now gone belly up because they did not run it properly and profitably): 3.5 million pounds. Same for Bank of Eastern Nigeria. But Ibos and their elites siphoned this monies and bankrupted these entities.

4. 20 pounds extra for each ibo whether he had money before or not. Note, Ibos withdrew All their monies in Nigeria before they all moved to Biafra, liars would have you believe that if you are breaking away in a war to a new country, you go to that country empty handed while leaving your cash in an enemy country, when you know your odds of survival are close to 0. Ibos withdrew their money and all banks know that, banks that are business enterprises and their job is not to give you money because you lost yours in a wild gamble. 20 pounds of then is probably worth around N 2 M today in value.

5. This is besides the millions that Biafra soldiers looted from central bank of Nigeria in the east, millions of pounds which was transferred abroad to buy weapons. Some of those monies was rendered useless by Nigeria's master stroke tacticians but in effect Ibos took control of the money and it should be credited along with all they from the war. For more details in this read the brothers war by John St. de Joore

https://www.nairaland.com/1837325/event-break-war-how-middle/12#25174495

Details:
During the war I saw to it that the revenue which was due to the Iboland- South Eastern states they call it, at that time..east central state, I kept it, I saved the money for them. And when they ….was librated I handed over the money to them- millions. If I’d decided to do so, I could have kept the money away from them and then when they took over I saw to it that subvention was given to them at the rate of 990,000 pounds every month. I didn’t go to the executive council to ask for support, or for approval because I knew if I went to the executive council at that time the subvention would not be approved because there were more enemies in the executive council for the Ibos than friends. And since I wasn’t going to take a percentage from what I was going to give them, and I knew I was doing what was right, I wanted the state to survive, I kept on giving the subvention - 990,000 almost a million, every month, and I did that for other states of course- South eastern state, North central state, Kwara and so on.

But I did that for the Ibos, and when the war was over, I saw to it that the ACB got three and a half million pounds to start with. This was distributed immediately and I gave another sum of money. The attitude of the experts, officials at the time of the ACB was that ACB should be closed down, and I held the view you couldn’t close the ACB down because that is the bank that gives finance to the Ibo traders, and if you close it down they’ll find it difficult to revive or to survive. So it was given. I did the same thing for the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria, to rehabilitate all these places, and I saw to it as commissioner for finance that no obstacle was placed in the way of the ministry of economic planning in planning for rehabilitation of the war affected areas.

15 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Sloan: 5:12am On Aug 04, 2014
For a long time, Ibos have lied several times and the young Ibos miseducated that all they got after the civil war was 20 pounds, each, in cash! The truth has been out there for a long time only that like Goebbels theory of propaganda, repeat a big lie all the time for a long time and people will believe it. So far, here is the summary of monies and benefits Ibos got after a war they are 100% responsible for and should have born the total cost of financing it on both sides:

1. All the allocations for the eastern states, saved for them since the beginning of the war to the end: millions of pounds

3. Take off / sustenance grant for the ACB (the ibo bank now gone belly up because they did not run it properly and profitably): 3.5 million pounds. Same for Bank of Eastern Nigeria. But Ibos and their elites siphoned this monies and bankrupted these entities.

4. 20 pounds extra for each ibo whether he had money before or not. Note, Ibos withdrew All their monies in Nigeria before they all moved to Biafra, liars would have you believe that if you are breaking away in a war to a new country, you go to that country empty handed while leaving your cash in an enemy country, when you know your odds of survival are close to 0. Ibos withdrew their money and all banks know that, banks that are business enterprises and their job is not to give you money because you lost yours in a wild gamble. 20 pounds of then is probably worth around N 2 M today in value.

5. This is besides the millions that Biafra soldiers looted from central bank of Nigeria in the east, millions of pounds which was transferred abroad to buy weapons. Some of those monies was rendered useless by Nigeria's master stroke tacticians but in effect Ibos took control of the money and it should be credited along with all they from the war. For more details in this read the brothers war by John St. de Joore

Details:
During the war I saw to it that the revenue which was due to the Iboland- South Eastern states they call it, at that time..east central state, I kept it, I saved the money for them. And when they ….was librated I handed over the money to them- millions. If I’d decided to do so, I could have kept the money away from them and then when they took over I saw to it that subvention was given to them at the rate of 990,000 pounds every month. I didn’t go to the executive council to ask for support, or for approval because I knew if I went to the executive council at that time the subvention would not be approved because there were more enemies in the executive council for the Ibos than friends. And since I wasn’t going to take a percentage from what I was going to give them, and I knew I was doing what was right, I wanted the state to survive, I kept on giving the subvention - 990,000 almost a million, every month, and I did that for other states of course- South eastern state, North central state, Kwara and so on.

But I did that for the Ibos, and when the war was over, I saw to it that the ACB got three and a half million pounds to start with. This was distributed immediately and I gave another sum of money. The attitude of the experts, officials at the time of the ACB was that ACB should be closed down, and I held the view you couldn’t close the ACB down because that is the bank that gives finance to the Ibo traders, and if you close it down they’ll find it difficult to revive or to survive. So it was given. I did the same thing for the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria, to rehabilitate all these places, and I saw to it as commissioner for finance that no obstacle was placed in the way of the ministry of economic planning in planning for rehabilitation of the war affected areas.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by smileandlove(f): 5:22am On Aug 04, 2014
Sloan: For a long time, Ibos have lied several times and the young Ibos miseducated that all they got after the civil war was 20 pounds, each, in cash! The truth has been out there for a long time only that like Goebbels theory of propaganda, repeat a big lie all the time for a long time and people will believe it. So far, here is the summary of monies and benefits Ibos got after a war they are 100% responsible for and should have born the total cost of financing it on both sides:

Details:

Rubbish! Where is my waste basket? So that I can dump this waste post.

As for the retired military men, my advice is that, it is good to have 'foresight'. But your younger generation is making the same mistake.

40 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Sloan: 5:53am On Aug 04, 2014
smileandlove: Rubbish! Where is my waste basket? So that I can dump this waste post.

As for the retired military men, my advice is that, it is good to have 'foresight'. But your younger generation is making the same mistake.

Details:

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 04, 2014
Kalvan50:

Wut?! Mega cities of red soil?!

Hahahhahahhahah!!!!
Another mama's boy who has not left his neighbourhood talkless of his state

27 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 6:02am On Aug 04, 2014
@topic, I believe it. Agbagana ambush comes to mind. Where a whole battalion of Nigerian troops were annihilated within 5 hrs. Another incident was the invasion of mid west by biafrans troops, another annihilation. One thing about biafrans troops is that they go after the military while nigerian troops go after innocent civilians, raping a murdering them (even the movie,tears of the sun ,hollywood,showed it)

22 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09am On Aug 04, 2014
Soldiers are trained with the belief that death can come at any time. The fear of death is strange to them. OP, you should be concerned about the future generation of Ndigbo that lost their lives through kwashiokor.

4 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by EasternLeopard: 6:11am On Aug 04, 2014
liberty300: @topic, I believe it. Agbagana ambush comes to mind. Where a whole battalion of Nigerian troops were annihilated within 5 hrs. Another incident was the invasion of mid west by biafrans troops, another annihilation. One thing about biafrans troops is that they go after the military while nigerian troops go after innocent civilians, raping a murdering them (even the movie,tears of the sun ,hollywood,showed it)

Its not 5hrs but several seconds when the petrol tanker was shot and the Nigerian Military column destroyed

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Feedmemore(f): 6:20am On Aug 04, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Soldiers are trained with the belief that death can come at any time. The fear of death is strange to them. OP, you should be concerned about the future generation of Ndigbo that lost their lives through kwashiokor.

Reread your post for substance, after reading, do you think you 're making any sense?

20 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:26am On Aug 04, 2014
Feedmemore:

Reread your post for substance, after reading, do you think you 're making any sense?
Rubbish!
Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by eaglechild: 6:32am On Aug 04, 2014
Feedmemore:

grin grin grin grin

I was wondering the same thing too.

"Worry about future generation that was lost"

That has absolutely no meaning.

6 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 04, 2014
Balkan:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/biafran-soldiers-protest-in-ibadan/

‘We’d have fought for sovereignty of Biafra’
on may 06, 2013 at 5:42 pm in news
Facebook Share Twitter Share
By OLA AJAYI, IBADAN
HUNDREDS of angry military pensioners in the country Monday besieged the Oyo State Secretariat saying they regretted fighting against Biafran soldiers to ensure the unity of the country.
They said if they had known that the country would repay them in this wicked manner, they would have fought for the survival and sovereignty of Biafra.
The retired soldiers who spoke through their Chairman, Mr. Mr. Gabriel Oiakhena said, “we have been pushed to the wall. The families of over 500,000 soldiers who lost their lives in Biafra are suffering.
These ones too have been asleep since 1970. grin grin grin

Wahala don dey be that . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by GPA5: 6:41am On Aug 04, 2014
IN THE END,NIGERIA ARMY WON THE WAR AND OJUKWU RAN TO ABIDJAN IN A WOMAN ATTIRE(BIANCA'S ATTIRE)

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by GPA5: 6:44am On Aug 04, 2014
liberty300: @topic, I believe it. Agbagana ambush comes to mind. Where a whole battalion of Nigerian troops were annihilated within 5 hrs. Another incident was the invasion of mid west by biafrans troops, another annihilation. One thing about biafrans troops is that they go after the military while nigerian troops go after innocent civilians, raping a murdering them (even the movie,tears of the sun ,hollywood,showed it)

BARCANISTA, IT'S TRUE THAT BIAFRA ARMY INVADE MID WEST.

YOUR ARTICLE IS TRUE

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by EasternLeopard: 6:47am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5: IN THE END,NIGERIA ARMY WON THE WAR AND OJUKWU RAN TO ABIDJAN IN A WOMAN ATTIRE(BIANCA'S ATTIRE)

And Yorubas lost their regionals with all its autonomous powers

While the North gained all the oil wells

Am I wrong if I say Southerners out smarted by the less educated Northerners

20 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 04, 2014
EasternLeopard:

And Yorubas lot their regionals with all its autonomous powers

hahahahahahahahah
And now south-wasterners are REFUSING to be at home in ONE NIGERIA.

13 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by GPA5: 7:03am On Aug 04, 2014
EasternLeopard:

WHICH REGIONS AND AUTONOMOUS POWER DID YORUBA LOSE?

#MAY THE INNOCENT SOULS WHO DIED IN THE WAR, DIED AS A RESULT OF KWASHIORKOR REST IN PERFECT PEACE

#AND
Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by GPA5: 7:06am On Aug 04, 2014
EasternLeopard:

SO OJUKWU WANT TO SECEDE BECAUSE OF NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL. IN THE END HE LOST THE WAR AND THE OIL

YORUBA ALSO GAINED OIL WELLS.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

SO OJUKWU WANT TO SECEDE BECAUSE OF NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL. IN THE END HE LOST THE WAR AND THE OIL

ok.
So why are yorubas crying now?

12 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by EasternLeopard: 7:11am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:

You just agreed that Yorubas stole ND oil wells which qualifies you people as thieves

Barcanistan has full powers to kill the son of a thieve

Ole(thief) how are you.

11 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 04, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You just agreed that Yorubas stole ND oil wells which qualifies you people as thieves
LOL
That is how yorubas and their hausa masters hope to be self-sufficient: by stealing grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by EasternLeopard: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2014
quid:
LOL
That is how yorubas and their hausa masters hope to be self-sufficient: by stealing grin grin grin

That is why I do say some of them wasted Awo's free education grin

8 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by GPA5: 7:44am On Aug 04, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Barcanistan has full powers to kill the son of a thieve

Ole(thief) how are you.

YORUBA DID NOT STEAL, LEGAL PROCESS IS INVOLVE.......

1 Like

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2014
EasternLeopard:

That is why I do say some of them wasted Awo's free education grin
Freely half-educated yorubas on the rampage, together with illiterate abokis. No wonder. . . .

8 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by GPA5: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2014
quid:
ok.
So why are yorubas crying now?

THE YORUBA ARE NOT CRYING. IT'S YOUR PEOPLE THAT IS STILL CRYING, OPENING OF COUNTLESS THREAD ON NAIRALAND ABOUT THE CIVIL WAR.

DEMANDING FROM THE GOVERNMENT TO GIVE THEM. #2.4 TRILLION NAIRA

3 Likes

Re: Shocking! Nigeria Lost More Than Half A Million Soldiers During Biafran War by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 04, 2014
GPA5:
YORUBA DID NOT STEAL, LEGAL PROCESS IS INVOLVE.......
Dont confuse legal with moral my friend.

For example, slavery and segregation were very LEGAL in the USA, but both systems were gravely immoral.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inter-boundary Killings: Benue Appeases Ebonyi With N2m / Ambode Congratulates Buhari On Victory At Election Tribunal / Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.