Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:56 PM

Ebola Scare In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola Scare In Ogun (1518 Views)

Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption / Juju Scare In Aso Rock! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola Scare In Ogun by EMMASON125: 7:10am On Aug 04, 2014
Palpable fear has gripped residents of Abeokuta, Ogun State capital, follow ing news that two suspected Ebola virus disease (EVD) victims had been detected in the state.

This came barely 11 days after a Liberian, Mr. Patrick Sawyer, died in a private hos pital in Lagos and his remains were later cremated in the state.

Speaking during a radio programme monitored in Abeokuta, at the weekend, the state Acting Epidemiologist, Dr. Yusuph Akeem, confirmed that two suspected victims were on surveillance in the state.

According to him, the state Ministry of Health was already in possession of the names, addresses and tele phone numbers of the sus pected victims.

He also stated that the vic tims resided in the state but worked in Lagos State.

The state Director of Pub lic Health, Dr. Yusuph Qudus, has revealed that the health officials in the state had been holding series of meetings with their counterparts in La gos and at the federal level to prevent the spread of the deadly disease.

In a related development, Federal and Lagos State health officials have visited the General Overseer of The Synagogue Church of All Na tions, Prophet Temitope Josh ua, as part of efforts to prevent the spread of the Ebola virus disease (EVD) in the country.

The delegation, led by La gos State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, offered to work with the health team of the church in the areas of technical assistance, medical advice and training to ensure that no victim of the deadly disease resorted to the church from any of the affected coun tries undetected in search of cure.

The commissioner said the delegation decided to pay the visit to the church because of the recognition that it was an international Christian cen tre, which congregation com prised people from all over the world, including countries of the West African sub-Re gion already affected by the Ebola disease.

Idris said the visit was one of government’s strategies of sensitising faith-based organ isations on the need to coop erate with the government to prevent the spread of the dis ease in the country by educat ing their members.

He explained that the Fed eral and the Lagos State gov ernment were working hard on how to prevent the spread of the virus to the country.

He said: “We have our strategies that we intend to share with you. Again, we need to know the resourc es you have here, because whether it is one or two cases, if they are allowed to get out, it is a major problem. We are here to work together on how to contain this disease.”

Also speaking, the Di rector, Nigerian Centre for Disease Control, Professor Abdulsalami Nasidi, said the visit was to inform The Syna­gogue leader of the deadly na ture of the Ebola virus and to ensure it did not spread in the country.

Responding, Prophet Josh ua promised to work with the government to ensure that the disease did not spread to the country.

The clergyman, revered for his healing powers, said he would put some measures in place to ensure that people from the already affected countries did not enter Nige ria. One of such measures, he said, was to visit any of the countries when necessary rather than allowing their resi dents come into Nigeria.

He also promised to sus pend some of his major heal ing programmes for a few weeks, adding, “I am ready to work with you. I love my country and I will be ready to work with you. Even if it is a rumour, there is need to secure our environment to en sure that it is safe.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=75224
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by softandsweet(f): 7:16am On Aug 04, 2014
May God Help Us.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by gratieao: 7:19am On Aug 04, 2014
Bad news
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by chinolization: 7:30am On Aug 04, 2014
FG should fence out Ogun as ebola quarantine center since the victims are in the state already! I am sure the authorities are economical with the truth. It is possible that at least 20% of ogun population may have it by now..

6 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by portix: 7:33am On Aug 04, 2014

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by eaglechild: 7:33am On Aug 04, 2014
Ebola is not the only hemorrhagic fever.

There is
Lassa, yellow etc. (They are all reportable and serious).

But it is good to be on high alert.
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 04, 2014
chinolization: FG should fence out Ogun as ebola quarantine center since the victims are in the state already! I am sure the authorities are economical with the truth. It is possible that at least 20% of ogun population may have it by now..

What about Anambra that took their importation business a step further by importing ebola victim from Liberia? Should the FG quarantine Anambra state?

8 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by chinolization: 7:45am On Aug 04, 2014
Are you this pained or what? The person that was brought from Liberia did not die of ebola. It was a natural one..

We have a serious matter here and you are not worried about it. It has been made official that ebola is in ogun and yolobarland at large but still yet you are not perturbed! The victims are here now in ogun..its time to fence out the state and quarantine it..

Aigbofa:

What about Anambra that took their importation business a step further by importing ebola victim from Liberia? Should the FG quarantine Anambra state?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by corisande: 7:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 04, 2014
chinolization: Are you this pained or what? The person that was brought from Liberia did not die of ebola. It was a natural one..
We have a serious matter here and you are not worried about it. It has been made official that ebola is in ogun and yolobarland at large but still yet you are not perturbed! The victims are here now in ogun..its time to fence out the state and quarantine it..

We certainly have a serious situation here. The FG should fence up eboelaland until we are certain the dead body importation business is not endangering other Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by chinolization: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2014
You are not helping your case here. Probably you are in that Southwest-ogun state. Is time to quarantine NL for some of you typing from the Southwest! cheesy

Aigbofa:

We certainly have a serious situation here. The FG should fence up e eboelaland until we are certain the dead body importation business is not endangering other Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2014
chinolization: You are not helping your case here. Probably you are in that Southwest-ogun state. Is time to quarantine NL for some of you typing from the Southwest! cheesy

Right after eboelaland has been fenced up and completely disinfected. And Chino is stopped from importing dead bodies.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by Abiagirl777(f): 8:58am On Aug 04, 2014
chinolization: You are not helping your case here. Probably you are in that Southwest-ogun state. Is time to quarantine NL for some of you typing from the Southwest! cheesy

come on Chino,you are beta dan dis,i use to luv ur posts abt development in Anambra and de SE.pls kip it and don't be part of de ethnic bigots here on Nairaland.
It sucks and meks u luk childish.tanks

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by MadCow1: 9:01am On Aug 04, 2014
Abiagirl777:

come on Chino,you are beta dan dis,i use to luv ur posts abt development in Anambra and de SE.pls kip it and don't be part of de ethnic bigots here on Nairaland.

Hahahahahahahahhahahaaaa

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA... grin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... grin

Okay... Thanks.......

I just had a good laugh..

Chino my Man.. Anam Ekene kwa gi o! grin

Oganiru Anambra State..

Down with the Haters.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by mrking3(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2014
Sunnews paper should give us a Full detail report on the Ebola scare in Ogun and stop mixing it up with ... The news of lagos state official's visit to TB joshua !! .... I don't take news report from Sun, vanguard and even sahara report serious until PUNCH makes it as headline!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by gratieao: 9:45am On Aug 04, 2014
chinolization: FG should fence out Ogun as ebola quarantine center since the victims are in the state already! I am sure the authorities are economical with the truth. It is possible that at least 20% of ogun population may have it by now..
Chino that's harsh. We should join hand to fight enemy like ebola virus, no need of making fun or tribalizing it.
Ebola does not know state or tribe

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by simplex2: 9:48am On Aug 04, 2014
Abiagirl777:

Seems u're naïve! Chino is a renowned tribal bigot! He extends his bigotry to other SE states and believes nothing good ever comes out of other states apart from Anambra. Such a myopic fellow!

6 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by UrbanMystique: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2014
Aigbofa:

iboland eboland.
Now that's funny. grin grin
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by dulaman: 10:26am On Aug 04, 2014
On a lighter note : in light of the recent scare of ebola in Lagos I'm therefore using God Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg everyone wey im name get 'ebola' inside e.g. Adebola, Okebola, Orebola, Oyebola, Ojebola, Otebola, Debola etc not to attempt to shake or hug me till further notice. Na GOD I take beg o!.....
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by emmanuel4758(m): 11:26am On Aug 04, 2014
UrbanMystique: iboland eboland.
Now that's funny. grin grin
illiterate is Igbo land not ibo
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by cirmuell(m): 11:53am On Aug 04, 2014
Mynd44 are you gonna leave it like this? Do something about those dumbos up there please.
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by UrbanMystique: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2014
emmanuel4758: illiterate is Igbo land not ibo
wink wink

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by after1: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2014

Whatever evil you wish people of that state will surely befall you excluding your innocent wife and kids. That hatred in you will consume you one day, old fool.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by fr3do(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2014

God forbid!
Up to 20% of people of any Nigerian state won't contract Ebola.
Re: Ebola Scare In Ogun by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2014
Kindly follow back
softandsweet: May God Help Us.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Elders Give Jonathan Deadline To Bring Back Missing Chibok Girls / Tribune To OBJ: Seems You’ve Reconciled With Jonathan? OBJ: (you’re Not Well) / Private And Public Schools In Ogun State Will Now Resume On October 8,2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.