Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,993 members, 7,806,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) (3476 Views)

Fire Kills Family Of 5 In Bauchi (photo) / I’ve Been Stripped Unclad – Mother Of Twins Killed By Drunken-Cop / A Family Of 5 Just Survived This Frightful Crash In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by yankeedudu01(m): 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mother-5-writes-viral-facebook-post-being-ridiculed-085809829.html#ZL3EfJs

What amazing feat has your body done? That’s what Tanis Jex-Blake, a 33-year-old mother of five, is asking the people who ridiculed her stretch marks on the beach.

The Canadian mum has gone viral after sharing this picture on Facebook, along with an open letter to the group of people who decided to make fun of her body as she relaxed in her bikini.

She wrote:

I’m sorry if my first attempt at sun tanning in a bikini in public in 13 years ‘grossed you out’. I’m sorry that my stomach isn’t flat and tight. I’m sorry that my belly is covered in stretch marks.

I’m NOT sorry that my body has housed, grown, protected, birthed and nurtured FIVE fabulous, healthy, intelligent and wonderful human beings. I’m sorry if my 33-year-old, 125 lb body offended you so much that you felt like pointing, laughing and pretending to kick me. But I’ll have you know that as I looked at your ‘perfect’ young bodies, I could only think to myself “what great and amazing feat has YOUR body done?”

She went on to say that though she bore their remarks well at the time, she “cried in the car on the way home”.

I can’t help but feel sorry for the women who will one day bear your children and become ‘gross’ in your eyes as their bodies change during the miraculous process of pregnancy. I can only hope that one day you’ll realise that my battle scars are something to be proud of, not ashamed of.

The letter was picked up by a local radio station and shared over a million times, leading to Jex-Blake being interviewed by a Canadian TV station.

She told them her shame has now turned to ‘empowerment’ – and she hopes her situation will make other women feel more confident about their bodies.

You. Go. Girl.

source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152177596531126&set=a.10150146956606126.282890.555276125&type=1&relevant_count=1

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by ggrin(f): 12:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Am seeing things grincheesygrincheesy

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
Na 2 day?

I can guarantee about 90% of the women here who are regular posters in this section are endowed with stretch marks at one place or the other grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
I would love to see the people who make fun of the body of a woman who gave life to five kids. wink

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
A nairalander should tap me when this hits front page
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
carefreewannabe: I would love to see the people who make fun of the body of a woman who gave life to five kids. wink

One of the fingerprints of motherhood. How touching.

PS. What do you want to do with jobless teenagers?

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: A nairalander should tap me when this hits front page
Okay tongue
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by bennyrazz: 4:32pm On Aug 04, 2014
it is just like rubber. When you stretch it beyond it's elastic limit, it does not return back to it's original shape. So is the body tummy of a woman when they get pregnant. After giving birth, it takes time and effort for the stomach skin to return to normal. Women with good body will natural have theirs back in no time while those with not too good bodies will have what we are seeing in the pix above. The only thing that can clear such now at this stage is surgery

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Okay tongue
it's not there yet na
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: it's not there yet na
okay means that i will tap you when it gets there.

besides what is the meaning of this your ID? hatred?
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: okay means that i will tap you when it gets there.

besides what is the meaning of this your ID? hatred?
it means am going to land on any thread that promotes feminism cos I believe their posts reeks of eigh.thread
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: it means am going to land on any thread that promotes feminism cos I believe their posts reeks of eigh.thread
So you had to register on nairaland because of them feminists?? well i think you are ''poly-monikering''... What is your real nairaland ID? and for the second time, is that you on your profile?
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: So you had to register on nairaland because of them feminists?? well i think you are ''poly-monikering''... What is your real nairaland ID?
I don't have. I was just an observing guest who had to register when he couldn't take the fact that you feminists were having a field day on NL
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: I don't have. I was just an observing guest who had to register when he couldn't take the fact that you feminists were having a field day on NL

Why do you have to address me personally as a feminist? That is not too good. That is a false accusation.

Godmystrength: and for the second time,is that you on your profile?
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by MadCow1: 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
She has five kids... Whats your excuse?!

Lemme guess; You've had five cups of Eba everyday since you stopped sucking B|oob!es. grin
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength:

Why do you have to address me personally as a feminist? That is not too good. That is a false accusation.

your body language passed you off as such. Am sorry then. Btw, which one you be? And can I see a pic of you?
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: your body language passed you off as such. Am sorry then. Btw, which one you be? And can I see a pic of you?
shocked shocked . Have you seen me/my body on NL

Which one am i out of what?

No you can't.
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: shocked shocked . Have you seen me/my body on NL

Which one am i out of what?

No you can't.
your face will do.
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: your face will do.
That hasn't answered my question. Have you seen me/my body on NL??
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: That hasn't answered my question. Have you seen me/my body on NL??
no! Body language is an idiom, so don't take it literally. Still don't mind seeing your face or else I agree am talking to a ghost
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
onirugbon1:

One of the fingerprints of motherhood. How touching.

PS. What do you want to do with jobless teenagers?

I wish they are teenagers. undecided
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Amhappy(f): 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
Teenagers can be rude. This reminds me of when i was growing up. Mum had a rule of 'Never mock anybody due to perceived physical deformation(k-leg,bow-leg,big bosom etc). If you try na massive flogging.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: your body language passed you off as such. Am sorry then. Btw, which one you be? And can I see a pic of you?

Google the definition of body language undecided This is what I was talking about before. undecided
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: no! Body language is an idiom, so don't take it literally. Still don't mind seeing your face or else I agree am talking to a ghost
Body language an idiom?? grin Okay. Have you seen everybody's face on NL? Are you saying majority of NL are ghosts?
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Google the definition of body language undecided This is what I was talking about before. undecided
efiko
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Body language an idiom?? grin Okay. Have you seen everybody's face on NL? Are you saying majority of NL are ghosts?
pardon my mistake.
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Body language an idiom?? grin Okay. Have you seen everybody's face on NL? Are you saying majority of NL are ghosts?
picture or am chatting with a ghost undecided
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: efiko

cool
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: pardon my mistake.
You are pardoned. grin grin

eighTHREAD: picture or am chatting with a ghost undecided
That you have a picture here does not mean you cant be a ghost as well. What if that picture is the picture of your ghost?

I am not having this conversation with you because i am jobless. But just to proof a point to you.
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: You are pardoned. grin grin

That you have a picture here does not mean you cant be a ghost also. WHat if that picture is the picture of your ghost?

I am not having this conversation with you because i am jobless. But just to proof a point to you.
what point?
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Godmystrength: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
eighTHREAD: what point?
That you can have a sane conversation with people and get your opinion across without insult or verbal violence. If you can keep your conversations this way, even when you are talking ''rubbish'' (not saying you talk rubbish. Just an example) people will be eager to listen to the ''rubbish'' and it might even make sense to them.

Calm down and people will listen to you kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mother Of 5 Ridiculed For Her Stretch Mark (pics) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
Godmystrength: That you can have a sane conversation with people and get your opinion across without insult or verbal violence. If you can keep your conversations this way, even when you are talking ''rubbish'' (not saying you talk rubbish. Just an example) people will be eager to listen to the ''rubbish'' and it might even make sense to them.

Calm down and people will listen to you kiss kiss kiss
they these feminists won't listen, trust me...cos these hoes aint loyal- chris brown

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Ignore Her! / Faithful To My Wife But (a Girl) Fell In Luv wth me Our First Interaction. / ABOMINATION!! Wife Catches Husband Having Sex With Their Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.