Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? (4365 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Woman To Divorce Husband Over Bride Price / Can One Divorce His Wife And Still Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
OP is right, I've lost count of threads concerning marriages that have problems. 60% of the comments relates to divorce, and that 60%, 80% of them are women.

FACT!

8 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy: Una dey laff?
grin
Hmm this is a serious issue.

Even the most radical posters would never advice anyone to divorce except on grounds of abuse(physical and emotional)

OP might be a closet abuser who lives in fear that his victim might one day stumble on this forum and learn that there's something called RUN.

He's reacting out of fear.
If not why can't he provide links where folks told someone to leave because she doesn't like the color of the man's underwear? cheesy

One thing with you, You take too many posters here serious. I dont waste my energy again lecturing because most of the time their mind is made up. So I just come dump my own 'advice' too.

I can tell you, OP is still a teenager who should be in school preparing for his GCE.
What he didn't learn from school na for nairaland him wan learn am?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Normality: OP is right, I've lost count of threads concerning marriages that have problems. 60% of the comments relates to divorce, and that 60%, 80% of them are women.

FACT!
Don't mind them, they have refused to work to help their husbands achieve Bigger goals, all they now do is come here to scatter marriages in the name of advice. Even the small thing called cocandy is an adviser on NL.
Someone not even living with her husband in Nigeria... Shioor cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu:
Yeah you can see them, derailing my thread and getting all personal. grin
Truth is bitter...
Family section gone to the dogs with halfbaked jobless women coming to spew thrash about marriage.
Take their advices at your peril
Only few are quite intelligent with their posts and advice, eg chaircover
they are kids who dont knw what it takes to be a WOMAN

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by cococandy(f): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

One thing with you, You take too many posters here serious. I dont waste my energy again lecturing because most of the time their mind is made up. So I just come dump my own 'advice' too.

I can tell you, OP is still a teenager who should be in school preparing for his GCE.
It's not so much about taking him seriously but more about the message he's passing to the impressionables who might be reading.

Next thing he'll encourage abuse victims to pray and fast about it. How will they even know he's a kid(if he is)

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
lirusehn: they are kids who dont knw what it takes to be a WOMAN
Bwahahahahahahah cheesy
Yeah they prolly got married early at 19 and after popping 2 or 3 children they think they are matured enough to give advicess.
You think marriage is about opening your legs and having babies?
It requires hardwork so them kids should stay clear family section so that those who have experience will do the advice

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

Dat u are married doesnt make u an adult fella.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu:
Bwahahahahahahah cheesy
Yeah they prolly got married early at 19 and after popping 2 or 3 children they think they are matured enough to give advicess.
You think marriage is about opening your legs and having babies?
It requires hardwork so them kids should stay clear family section so that those who have experience will do the advice
ohhh!! now i knw what led to dia weak brains!! smiley
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by cococandy(f): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
Since you know me so well,you must also know that he's off somewhere saving lives and making your existence more comfortable and safe.

While you're here crying about other people's posts.

Meanwhile your omniscience is curiously absent when someone posts about needing advice.you just lurk in the corners weeping about what others are typing instead of bringing the better solution.

Just hang on. I'm busy now. Will come back to finish your ar$$ off. kiss
Naetochukwu:
Don't mind them, they have refused to work to help their husbands achieve Bigger goals, all they now do is come here to scatter marriages in the name of advice. Even the small thing called cocandy is an adviser on NL.
Someone not even living with her husband in Nigeria... Shioor cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy: Since you know me so well,you must also know that he's off somewhere saving lives and making your existence more comfortable and safe.

While you're here crying about other people's posts.

Meanwhile your omniscience is curiously absent when someone posts about needing advice.you just lurk in the corners weeping about what others are typing instead of bringing the better solution.

Just hang on. I'm busy now. Will come back to finish your ar$$ off. kiss
Waiting peacock... Be fast so u can finish it off
Frustrated fella cheesy
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
some KIDS tho sad
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
The good thing about facts and figures is that it gets your point across quickly and even helps the person you are accusing make amends if they need to.

Eg: ( provide link--------) on the 7th of July, someone complained about his Wife's cooking and so and so quickly jumped and asked him to divorce his wife.

On 4th of June, ( Provide link) a lady came and said her husband snores and this poster ( name of poster) adviced that she divorce him implying that he was cheating.

This is a faster and more effective way to get our point across as against laying accusations only backed by insults. Infact if you present it clearly for everyone even those who you accuse may take a look and decide maybe I was too extreme. But sadly this post serves only to throw insults and counter insults.
Sadly no one learns, grows or benefits

11 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
@aisha I don't have that time .
Before Nairaland crashed a lot of thread were created by some women having issues in their marriages but I was shocked by what some of the regular posters adviced.
Honestly I never wanted this to degenerate to a bashing thread but you started it all. Why do you think I am not smart because I couldn't come up with a link to back up thread? You started the bashing

8 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
cococandy:
It's not so much about taking him seriously but more about the message he's passing to the impressionables who might be reading.

Next thing he'll encourage abuse victims to pray and fast about it. How will they even know he's a kid(if he is)

Na dem sabi. Truth is, there will always be dumb people, statement, etc. You won't always be here to defend and talk sense all the time. They are even multiplying by the minute.. so I go with the flow . Of cos, when you see a serious topic you can give the advice from your heart. There are things I don't even bother myself again jare. Any abused victim that listen to such is not ready to be liberated. And it's not everyone that can handle freedom.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
lirusehn:

Dat u are married doesnt make u an adult fella. [/b][/color]

And who told you I'm married? Even 13yrs old get married . Does that make them an adult ?
Small pikin dey worry you. You Berra go read for your GCE.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

And who told you I'm married? Even 13yrs old get married . Does that make them an adult ?
Small pikin dey worry you. You Berra go read for your GCE.
i wish u cud see what am seeing.

N.B

Dnt quote me again cuz i won't reply ya. Gudday daddy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
lirusehn: i wish u cud see what am seeing.

N.B

Now that's the spirit. You learn fast.wish you success in your exams.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lilmax(m): 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Family section is the worst section to get advice....the women here are guided by feminism.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu: @aisha I don't have that time .
Before Nairaland crashed a lot of thread were created by some women having issues in their marriages but I was shocked by what some of the regular posters adviced.
Honestly I never wanted this to degenerate to a bashing thread but you started it all. Why do you think I am not smart because I couldn't come up with a link to back up thread? You started the bashing

I didnt bash you. I simply asked you to back it up with evidence so it wouldnt degenerate to what it is now. I simply said it was not very "smart" and if you would admit to yourself its not because instead of addressing the issues its now insult galore.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by prinx55555(m): 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
lirusehn: i wish u cud see what am seeing.

N.B

. I think i like this smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
prinx55555: . I think i like this smiley
that's the best way to ignore fools Bro smiley
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by prinx55555(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
lirusehn: that's the best way to ignore fools Bro smiley
lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Except if you say the initial aim of the thread was to line up people for insults. If it was then the general accusation was "smart" if it wasnt then the generalistic comment was not too smart. Smart would be back up each accusation with a link and so posters can either defend their advice in its context or agree with you

9 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2014
aisha2: Except if you say the initial aim of the thread was to line up people for insults. If it was then the general accusation was "smart" if it wasnt then the generalistic comment was not too smart. Smart would be back up each accusation with a link and so posters can either defend their advice in its context or agree with you
Well I don't have the time to go looking for threads may be you should start reading topics about men abusing women and you will read such comments by posters.

1 Like

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu:
Well I don't have the time to go looking for threads may be you should start reading topics about men abusing women and you will read such comments by posters.

Yet these threads are the basis of your thread. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yet these threads are the basis of your thread. grin grin grin
It depend on the kind of abuse. Most men abuse women emotionally not necessarily physical.
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by crackhaus: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
pickabeau1: grin grin grin grin grin grin

there is no smoke without fire
Indeed.
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu:
It depend on the kind of abuse. Most men abuse women emotionally not necessarily physical.

What do you recommend women or men who are abused either emotionally or physically?
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu:

Haba, You dont have time to go looking for threads yet you can accuse people including me of advocating divorce for minor issues?

Anyway, in cases of abuse I will proudly say LEAVE. I have worked in that field for years and I have too many sad stories to say otherwise, we are products of our environment, if you ever stood helplessly to watch a woman bleed to death from a beating induced miscarriage I am sure you would not advice another woman with a clear conscience to stay.
I also wouldnt advice a man tostay with a woman who emotionally abuses him to the point of him having high blood pressure and failing health, no one should kill you because you married them.

I advocate seperation and theraphy for the abusive spouse first if they are willing to get help. I also tell the victims not to regard themselves as saviours or blame themselves for the abuse.

Also children suffer most from being raised in an abusive home because most times than not they grow up and repeat the circle.

However, I am just one person, it is just my views, my word is not law, I can only advice based on my experience I cannot force people to take my advice, same way you will advice based on yours.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What do you recommend women or men who are abused either emotionally or physically?
grin grin not the aim of starting this thread.
Create another one so we can discuss.
Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Naetochukwu:
grin grin not the aim of starting this thread.
Create another one so we can discuss.

You are a chicken tongue

You are running from too many requests.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are some Familylanders Quick To Advise Anyone To Divorce His/her Spouse? by lirusehn(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
*sighs*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I / Can Next Of Kin Be Changed!!!?.. / My Pal's Wife Cheats Constantly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.