Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews (32479 Views)

How To Answer Tough Weird Google, Apple, Etc Interview Question / Some Questions Google Asks Potential Employees During Interview. / Mistakes Dat I've Made In Job Interviews That You Should Avoid At All Costs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Whizzdom(m): 11:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Your Honour ..... I can't say anytin now ...

because it seems like the accuser is mentally ill

I rest ma case your Honour

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by millhouse: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2014
on point

Olucheye: 1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

1. Use it to Turn a traditional radio cassette.
2. Chop into small pieces, to be used spot markers
3. Remove the graphite in it and use it a lubricant for my lab machine or key lock as the need may arise.
4. Use to fix stubborn zip on my clothes.
5.open things sealed up in plaStic... Like a 5alive seal.
6. Put it in a ruler that has a hole on it and spin like we use to do in primary school. Helicopter of life, chief boredom savior.
7. Play drums and make music/noise.
8. The eraser could clean any corrections.
9. Would also serve as a makeshift ruler in times of desperate need. E.g plotting a graph... Axis X & Y.
10. A deadly weapon. For example, stabbing either the Carotid artery(ies) or jugular vein(s)

2. How would you solve problems if you were from Mars?
If I was from Mars, problems on earth will be alien to me, hence the need to go into explorative research to determine cause, effects, and proffered solution.

On a lighter note, I'd wake up from my dream and stop imagining if I was from Mars. It's certain already that in this life, i will never be from Mars...I'm already an earthling!

3. What's the most creative way you can break a clock?

Remove the battery or knock out the engine cold.It will still tell the right time twice everyday.

4. A disc is spinning on a spindle, and you don't know which way. You are given a set of pins. Describe how you would use them to determine which way the disc is spinning.

Drop the base of the pin first on the disk, the direction which the tip of the pin fall towards is the backward direction while the base will point forward.

5. You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

Number of Loops = N/2 - X(string's end)

Mathematicians, kindly help.

6. You want to design a phone for deaf people — how do you do it?

It'll only have only a vibrat*r (which one is romance machine again Seun) and a compatible screen, then a software that coverts all voice calls to text on his phone.
2. Phone will come with a real or virtual keyboard to reply both voice and texts all in form of messages.
3. Each notifications will vibrate to notify him/her of all alerts

7. How would you design an elevator?

Traditional styled with a couple of extra designs such as being opaque to people on the outside for privacy, music while you ride it on high rise buildings, fresh air vent for occupants from people who fart while riding.

8. Why should we not hire you?

I hate being stereotypical. Hence, if the offered job position isn't going to offer me challenges that will afford me developmental and mental growth via deep thoughts and adept research, I'll get weary and bored which consequentially will impede my productivity and contributions as a staff.

9. How do you compute the collision of two moving spheres? Give me both the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.

Sorry, I'm a graduate of the college of Medicine.
But I think it should be somewhat related to recoil speed.
If you remember Okeke Physics.

10. Name as many Microsoft products as you can.

Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheet, windows 97, 98, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, internet explorer, Windows phone OS (Nokia Lumia Series) e.t.c

Permit me to add, I'm a fresh graduate who's actively seeking internship opportunities with Public health related NGO's but I'm not limited to that, as I'd appreciate any opportunity to put to active use my versatility in any organization. I'd appreciate any opportunity to prove myself.
Kindly send me a PM on NL if you've got any available opportunities.

Cheers!
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by eyenCalabar(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
smiley
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Joshuadon: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
All questions seems logical buh i just like the WHY MUST WE NOT HIRE YOU QUESTION......
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by hermesprogidy(m): 12:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Really mind twisting questions. Thanks OP. Will adopt some for future interviews when trying to get good employees.
if you don't know the reason behind the questions, then it may not be useful to you in selecting the best candidates from your interviews. It's always best to tailor your questions to the specific job and person description of the advertised position . My two cents.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by U1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2014
gmacnoms: It reminds me of d oda day i was takin a test frm one of dis coys. Mehn d qstns brot dis tot in2 me.. " If dem no wan employ pesin y dem no js tell us. Which one cum b all dis kind qstn.

Abi na. Small time dem go talk say they're trying to assess how you reason. Shuo! shocked
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by alotofgrace(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
[quote author=Olucheye]
[b]5. You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

Cheers![/b][/quote

no of loops = N combination 2

NC2
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by otenathebobc(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
[quote author=Olucheye]1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

3. Remove the graphite in it and use it a lubricant for my lab machine or key lock as the need may arise.
6. Put it in a ruler that has a hole on it and spin like we use to do in primary school. Helicopter of life, chief boredom savior.
9. Would also serve as a makeshift ruler in times of desperate need. E.g plotting a graph... Axis X & Y.
10. A deadly weapon. For example, stabbing either the Carotid artery(ies) or jugular vein(s)

If I was from Mars, problems on earth will be alien to me, hence the need to go into explorative research to determine cause, effects, and proffered solution.

On a lighter note, I'd wake up from my dream and stop imagining if I was from Mars. It's certain already that in this life, i will never be from Mars...I'm already an earthling!

Remove the battery or knock out the engine cold.It will still tell the right time twice everyday.

4. A disc is spinning on a spindle, and you don't know which way. You are given a set of pins. Describe how you would use them to determine which way the disc is spinning.

Drop the base of the pin first on the disk, the direction which the tip of the pin fall towards is the backward direction while the base will point forward.

5. You have a bag of with "N" number of strings. At random, you pull out a string's end. You pull out another string end and you tie the two together. You repeat this until there are no loose ends left to pull out of the bag. What is the expected number of loops?

It'll only have only a vibrat*r (which one is romance machine again Seun) and a compatible screen, then a software that coverts all voice calls to text on his phone.
2. Phone will come with a real or virtual keyboard to reply both voice and texts all in form of messages.

Traditional styled with a couple of extra designs such as being opaque to people on the outside for privacy, music while you ride it on high rise buildings, fresh air vent for occupants from people who fart while riding.

I hate being stereotypical. Hence, if the offered job position isn't going to offer me challenges that will afford me developmental and mental growth via deep thoughts and adept research, I'll get weary and bored which consequentially will impede my productivity and contributions as a staff.

9. How do you compute the collision of two moving spheres? Give me both the mathematical equations for the solution as well as an algorithmic implementation.

Word, PowerPoint, Excel, spreadsheet, windows 97, 98, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, internet explorer, Windows phone OS (Nokia Lumia Series) e.t.c

Permit me to add, I'm a fresh graduate who's actively seeking internship opportunities with Public health related NGO's but I'm not limited to that, as I'd appreciate any opportunity to put to active use my versatility in any organization. I'd appreciate any opportunity to prove myself.

Cheers!
[
You are fired in advance!
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by U1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Three7Ty9:

Babe, there is no definite answer to em, it all depends on how you think. The question's are meant to test your thought process and creative thinking.
What Mr. A will say will most likely be different from what Mr. B would.
Reminds me of Mckinsey....Lol! Don't ask me what happened.
grin grin grin grin

Abeg, how about McKinsey?
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
Olucheye: 1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

Cheers!
And its comment like this that makes me realize just how indebted I am to Seun Osewa...with your versatility,you won't be looking for long...
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by computerboy: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Really mind twisting questions. Thanks OP. Will adopt some for future interviews when trying to get good employees.

Oga don't ask questions that you can't answer yourself, remember the golden rule.

*in PEJ's voice* diaris goduoooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Affable0709(m): 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
That Olucheye guy na confirm! cool

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by atrix4g(m): 2:26pm On Aug 05, 2014

Cheers!
unilorin ba?
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Olucheye(m): 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
nabsprada: And its comment like this that makes me realize just how indebted I am to Seun Osewa...with your versatility,you won't be looking for long...

Thanks Ma'am... I hope and strongly pray so.
Thanks to Seun.... I've learnt more here too.

atrix4g: unilorin ba?
No
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
My detective sense just kicked in......@OP, i see you grin grin grin winkSmart a$$.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by vicadex07(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2014

Cheers!

Damn...Yorubas are brilliant. I dof my hat for you. Representing Ekiti to the fullest.

Meanwhile, maybe that thunder that struck you repackaged your brain correctly... halleluyah somebody!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by InvertedHammer: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Virus777: Rubbish questions angry Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg, Steve Jobs etc, cannot answer those questions. Why subject their would-be-employees to such ridiculous and pointless questions? Those silly questions are not a test of one's intelligence quotient, period!
\
You asked a question. Then you answered your question.

Bill Gates, Mark Zukerberg, Steve Jobs, etc cannot answer those questions because they don't have to.

Do you even think Otedola, Dangote, Ibeto, etc are worried about such questions? Afterall, nobody force you go interview. No be money you dey find?

I hope you got my drift.

/
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by vicadex07(m): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
glitest: My detective sense just kicked in......@OP, i see you grin grin grin winkSmart a$$.

Just tell us your own answers...you no see Olusheye own ni. No be your mate him be

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
vicadex07:

Just tell us your own answers...you no see Olusheye own ni. No be your mate him be

Simple English......SMH.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by vicadex07(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
glitest:

Simple English......SMH.

Its called "broken" wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2014
vicadex07:

Its called "broken" wink

Okay. grin cheesy
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Olucheye(m): 6:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
vicadex07:

Damn...Yorubas are brilliant. I dof my hat for you. Representing Ekiti to the fullest.

Meanwhile, maybe that thunder that struck you repackaged your brain correctly... halleluyah somebody!

LMAOOOO......
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by MrStrategy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 05, 2014

Cheers!

Meeen, Olucheye, you are too BAAADDDD! (I mean good).
I just logged in on my laptop (after nearly two years of dormancy) just to like your comment and hail you.
I haven't even read your answers but to know that someone can spend the amount of time you spent answering those mind-boggling questions, I must say that you are a rare gem.
Kudo! Keep it up.
PM me, I'm working on a startup, we may just need your kind of brains.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Olucheye(m): 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
MrStrategy:

Meeen, Olucheye, you are too BAAADDDD! (I mean good).
I just logged in on my laptop (after nearly two years of dormancy) just to like your comment and hail you.
I haven't even read your answers but to know that someone can spend the amount of time you spent answering those mind-boggling questions, I must say that you are a rare gem.
Kudo! Keep it up.
PM me, I'm working on a startup, we may just need your kind of brains.

I'm honored...
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by davidif: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
hermesprogidy: if you don't know the reason behind the questions, then it may not be useful to you in selecting the best candidates from your interviews. It's always best to tailor your questions to the specific job and person description of the advertised position . My two cents.

Your head correct. Nigerians just seem to live copying things without knowing the reason behind it.
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by Leward(m): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2014

Cheers!
GUY, U BAD GAN OO, I really love associating with intelligent people like this

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by tlops(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
Olucheye:

Your answer to to the fifth question is debatable. tying the strings end to end until no more loose end.

my proposed solution is based on

There are N strings in a bag. Each string has two ends and you tied each end until no loose end. What you'll get is "one big loop" with N strings.

if there are even number of strings and the strings are tied in pairs then N/2 loops will work

if there are odd numbers of strings tied with the same assumption then N/2 loops + 1 string left could work.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by CocoaOla: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
headaches[b]headaches[/b]headaches
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by naijaaone(m): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2014

Cheers!
give that man a medal, the money wey ur papa take sponsor ur education no waste at all
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by wansky(m): 12:18am On Aug 06, 2014
Q2. Whether u'r from Mars or from Pluto the universal(only)way of Solving a problem is by. Providing the answer
Q5. Its one loop since u'v tied al d loosed ends together.
Q10. In physic there r 2 types of collision, elastic and inelastic, while considering the Mass and velocity of each sphere (M1,V1. And M2,V2)
Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by charles009(m): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Olucheye]1 If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use.

[b]Permit me to add, I'm a fresh graduate who's actively seeking internship opportunities with Public health related NGO's but I'm not limited to that, as I'd appreciate any opportunity to put to active use my versatility in any organization. I'd appreciate any opportunity to prove myself.

Cheers!

Believe me when I say this, You are an unusually talented individual, Please dont relent. The sky is certainly your limit. May the best be yours.
warmest regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tough Questions Google, Apple, Others Ask In Interviews by paranorman(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2014

Cheers!
brilliant dude!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Silly Mistakes Job Seekers Make / Online Paid Survey Site That Pays Nigerians! / He Said I Should Grease His Bed For A Job But I Politely Turned Him Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.