Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (51172 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by ayobase(m): 9:12am On Aug 05, 2014
oduastates: Sawyer collect am from Liberia ,
Sawyer. Give doctor
Doctor carry go house give wifey and pikin
Pikin carry go school give pupils and teachers
Wifey carry am go market dash fish seller .

Our senators should write Mr. President to sanction USA for the EBOLA contamination of Nigeria by a US citizen.

US citizen brought this deadly disease into our land.

more harm than good.

WETIN THE GUY COME DO SEF FOR NIGERIA.....WHAT OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 9:16am On Aug 05, 2014
imanuel5959: And you know what?
His hazard allowance is #5000!!
Now his wife, children, maybe siblings, mother, father and relations that might have hugged and kissed him ƌ̲̣̣̣̥at faithful day after work aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ at risk!
When he goes on strike for improvements in his working condition, increase in hazard allowance inclusive, some morons on nairaland and †ђξ foolish Nigerian ppl will call him all sorts of names.
Now how many pharmacists, physiotherapists etc, excluding nurses aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ also at risk.
I bet you guys have not seen NMA strike, cos dis nonsense must stop!
In as much as av bin wanting to defend d Doc, I think I shud ask u to shot up man!
That Doctor is a disgrace.
The Liberian doctor became infected after treating hundreds of EbolaRIAN and our own doctor became infected on his first patient. What does that tell you?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Candyrain: Medical personnels should inculcate the habit of using hand gloves before attending to any patient no matter how minute the ailment may seem.
gud one bro.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 9:21am On Aug 05, 2014
rhymz: The National Institutes of Health plans to begin testing an experimental Ebola vaccine in people as early as September. Tests on primates have been successful. So far, the outbreak is confined to West Africa. Although infections are dropping in Guinea, they are on the rise in Liberia and Sierra Leone. In the 1990s, an Ebola strain tied to monkeys -- Ebola- Reston -- was found in the United States, but no humans got sick from it, according
source pls.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Ashuale(m): 9:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Can you tell me how doctors are better equiped?. A doctor seeing a patient, does physical examination( I.e. rectal examination gloves tear in d process because it's fake, patient cough straight into your mouth with even sputum into your face while examining the chest) needle stick injuries while trying to take blood sample. In 10 days he is dead from ebola. Do you even know how many doctors are on PEP from needle stick injuries from HIV INFECTED PATIENTS someone will justify 5k for such phenomenal risk. Lecturers 40k hazard allowance.WELL all of you critizing doctors I can only pity you because you will be left with no doctors in this country soon. 27000 doctors to 170 million people is laughable. Instead of you people to join us to stop this evil by FG, you are ranting.
delishpot:

Should the passenger's also ask to be paid? Due to travelling hazards? Should the hostesses and other workers at the airport ask to be paid too due to occupational hazards. Can the nurses ask to be paid more too? Doctors are not the only ones dealing with risks here. They are even better equipped to protect themselves unlike the others. I. E air hostesses and school teachers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by macjireh: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2014
TODAY'S DEVOTIONAL
GOD'S WORD DELIVERS THE VICTORY
August 5, 2014
By Dr. Isaiah & Lianna Wealth
GOSPEL PILLARS MINISTRY

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth
shall make you free.” John 8 32
Our declaration of faith in accepting Jesus
Christ as the Saviour ushered us into a life
of victory, as salvation ushers into a life of
complete or total victory over the world, the
flesh and the devil. In order to experience
that victory however, the believer must not
only know the facts of his salvation, he must
understand it, because without revelation, he
may not experience that victory. He must
possess revelation knowledge about his
victory, so that he can experience it.
Our text today implies that ignorance creates
the perfect environment for the devil to
thrive and keep men in bondage, but the
light of God’s Word makes it possible for us
to recover ourselves, opening our eyes to the
areas in which we have been deceived and
helping us to retrace our steps. The entrance
of God’s Word brings light and when this
light comes, every inconsistent thought
pattern ceases, demons of darkness bow,
and our victory is made manifest. Glory to
God!
This places a demand on you as a believer.
Your desire to experience complete or total
victory over the flesh, the world and the
devil must reflect in your hunger for the
truth of God’s Word because God’s word is
the vehicle that delivers the victory for which
you are entitled. That hunger should drive
you to create more time to fellowship with
Christ, study the Word and meditate more on
the message for the day. This is how to
experience victory today. Amen!
WE PROPHESY ON YOU TODAY (SAY AMEN
TO THIS):May your victory manifest in Jesus
name.
PLAN TO: Get books, CD’s, materials on
different subject matters and get light.
SAY: I decree and I declare that the
knowledge of the truth makes me free.
Daily Bible Study: SONGS OF SOLOMON 5&6,
REVELATION 10, PSALMS 67
CONTINUOS PRAYING
i. Startup Prayer: Dear Father, help me to
experience complete and total victory over
the flesh, world and the devil in Jesus name.
ii. Continuous Prayer:
Recommended - you can begin with at least
10mins per watch.
6-9am Watch: Look through your Life and
thank the Lord for every Good thing that you
can find. Psalms 103:2
9-12noon Watch: Pray about challenges
around you, your family members, and
friends. Ask for God's intervention. Eph
4:12-15
12-3pm Watch: Pray for your church, its
ministers and members, use them as a point
of contact to pray for the church world wide.
Ask for God's intervention. Eph 4: 12-15
3-6pm Watch: Pray for your nation, your
president, its leaders and the people. Ask for
God's intervention. Psalms 33:12
6-9pm Watch: Pray for the poor, sick and
the needy. Pray also concerning the needs of
the people that came your way today. Ask
for God's intervention. 3 John 2
REDEDICATE YOURSELF TO JESUS TODAY:
Daily Consecration Prayer.
"Oh Lord, I thank you for the first half of
2014. As this second half commences, I
consecrate myself to you body, soul and
spirit. Be before me to lead me, behind me
to guide me, and by me to teach me. May
my life be completely yours and bring you
glory. Amen.".
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
Just a fun fact for ya'll: The ebola virus resides in the testicles/semen of male survivors for about two months after "recovery".
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by logica(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
The Liberian doctor became infected after treating hundreds of EbolaRIAN and our own doctor became infected on his first patient. What does that tell you?
That should tell you that our doctor was not trained for this kind of disease as it is alien to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by drcakes: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
In as much as av bin wanting to defend d Doc, I think I shud ask u to shot up man!

it tells us all the kind of person you are.
To compare a humanitarian aid worker who traveled to Liberia specifically to help ebola victims and had his bio hazard suit prior to arrival with a doctor who was on duty in his hospital and a patient with symptoms of "malaria" was rushed into his hospital when there was no outbreak of ebola or bio hazard suit for him and he still did the best he could under those circumstances, had a suspicion of ebola, notified the health authorities, and probably saved your life and that of countless Nigerians
instead of being a hero, he is now stupid.
Chai
Diaris God oh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 10:07am On Aug 05, 2014
Ashuale: Can you tell me how doctors are better equiped?. A doctor seeing a patient, does physical examination( I.e. rectal examination gloves tear in d process because it's fake, patient cough straight into your mouth with even sputum into your face while examining the chest) needle stick injuries while trying to take blood sample. In 10 days he is dead from ebola. Do you even know how many doctors are on PEP from needle stick injuries from HIV INFECTED PATIENTS someone will justify 5k for such phenomenal risk. Lecturers 40k hazard allowance.WELL all of you critizing doctors I can only pity you because you will be left with no doctors in this country soon. 27000 doctors to 170 million people is laughable. Instead of you people to join us to stop this evil by FG, you are ranting.

Ok, doctors make una no vex ooooo. Come to think of it, how much do you guys earn in total?
I never said in my post that doctors don't deserve good pay o. In short I am with you guys in demanding for good allowee esp in this economy I am sure you skipped all that part cos this particular post vex you pass and your obi dey boiiiil. But o, since last year una dey strike, does it mean your needs haven't been met since? Na ask I dey ask o. Before una chop me raw again.

Plus doctors should think of including in their strike for better equipment and maintenance of facilities. Of what use is #1 million risk allowance when their employer expects them to die on the job.? Abi Na only the money important pass? Na ask I ask o, before doctors and their sympathizers chop me raw.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 10:18am On Aug 05, 2014
drcakes:

it tells us all the kind of person you are.
To compare a humanitarian aid worker who traveled to Liberia specifically to help ebola victims and had his bio hazard suit prior to arrival with a doctor who was on duty in his hospital and a patient with symptoms of "malaria" was rushed into his hospital when there was no outbreak of ebola or bio hazard suit for him and he still did the best he could under those circumstances, had a suspicion of ebola, notified the health authorities, and probably saved your life and that of countless Nigerians
instead of being a hero, he is now stupid.
Chai
Diaris God oh
look how u jst used ur hand to tell us dat our Doctors shouldn't take quick preventive measures.
Are u trying to tell me that the Doctor never knew of Ebola's existence in west Africa? Or are u trying to say he never knew it early symptoms are synonymous to malaria? Or are u trying to say they should keep exhibiting negligence where deemed v.necessary?
BTW, what kind of a person am I?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Ashuale(m): 10:20am On Aug 05, 2014
grin grin grin. Funny boy. Doctors love work in all honesty. It pains us to be on strike right now. 6 months negotiations with govt just to avoid the strike. Yet they are still adamant because laws have not been made to stop them from going abroad for medical treatment. Doctors are not stupid on their demands only that the populace have misunderstood us simply because the hospitals are shut and people are not treated in public health facilties.
delishpot:

Ok, doctors make una no vex ooooo. Come to think of it, how much do you guys earn in total?
I never said in my post that doctors don't deserve good pay o. In short I am with yo ;Du guys in demanding for good allowed esp in this economy I am sure you skipped all that part cos this particular post vex you pass and your obi dey boiiiil. But o, since last year una dey strike, does it mean your needs haven't been met since? Na ask I dey ask o. Before una chop me raw again.

Plus doctors should think of including in their strike for better equipment and maintenance of facilities. Of what use is #1 million risk allowance when their employer expects them to die on the job.?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Konquest: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2014
smartchoice: What? Where pesin go pack go?

Pack go Afghanistan or Somalia!
wink
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2014
Konquest:

Pack go Afghanistan or Somalia!
wink

Somalia berra joor ....with my arms n munitions I'd be sure of been a lord dia....with all those beauties...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2014
Delafruita: so nigerians are now his children.I can guarantee that if ebola gets into the heavenly dwellings,it will cause an outbreak to the point the skydaddy will reuire quarantine
lmao...
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2014
Nigeria is a useless country! Corruption both in high and low places. Government cannot invest in research. Those who should be laboratories carrying out investigations are prevented from owing private labs, government cannot equip the few research institutes and universities we have, no research grants for researchers, those interested in research are not encouraged. Most of our science graduates end up as marketers in banks while many roam the streets unemployed. Yet, when ebola knocks you all start looking up to America for help. Infact, America should stop providing us their hard earned drugs and vaccines, let the damn ebola virus kill all your corrupt a5ses. Rubbish!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by MarieSucre(f): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2014
oduastates: Sawyer collect am from Liberia ,
Sawyer. Give doctor
Doctor carry go house give wifey and pikin
Pikin carry go school give pupils and teachers
Wifey carry am go market dash fish seller .

You get the drift
Ebola is live and kicking
Live and direct from Nigeria .
Only science and the body of knowledge of ifa can save you.

Erinle - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods

I can bet my life that the cure of this laboratory concocted virus can be found in one of the igbo olodumare ( God's forest)in the SW.
It is times like this ,that you realise the superiority of iFA to those baroof religions.
While ifa seeks to guide the people to find practical solutions to their problems ,through scientific experimentation via trial and error,the two baroof religions have the same solution to every problem .Prayer.IFA uses prayers to send off folks on the way to finding solutions.
While they are praying ,ifa practitioners are in the forest collecting herbs to concoct and try.
While they are waiting for Europeans to come and save them ,ifa practitioner are already looking for answers and cross checking their historical body of knowledge ,gathered over millennia.

Your jesus and Mohammed will be shown for what they are ,
Foreign inanimate idols .
Hold your breathe people.

Lastly this quote from Desmond tutu perfectly describes the African

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Despite saying it ,he Still wears a cross .when even though he knows the facts ,he still cannot help himself.
Then you know that the future of the present is not bright at all .

we are waiting on Ifa for the cure for AIDS, MERS and CANCER.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 11:50am On Aug 05, 2014
Ashuale: grin grin grin. Funny boy. Doctors love work in all honesty. It pains us to be on strike right now. 6 months negotiations with govt just to avoid the strike. Yet they are still adamant because laws have not been made to stop them from going abroad for medical treatment. Doctors are not stupid on their demands only that the populace have misunderstood us simply because the hospitals are shut and people are not treated in public health facilties.

Ok o. I know una love work. But you people should also try to protect yourselves Na. As soon as a new sickness comes out, I expect doctors to read up on it and follow up on researches etc. That is why I said they are better equipped to prevent it happening to themselves (unless una no dey read again after una finish school.) Plus there is nothing stopping you from wearing coverall, mouth and nose mask and hand gloves, glasses or Google's and having a bottle of hand sanitizer on the standby in your office. It doesn't have to be like that of an astronaut but good enough to protect one from casual contact.
I understand cases of surgery and collection of blood sample as one can have such accidents as cuts and pin pricks . But una no need open eye and mouth make patients dey cough put onside Na. Abi if Ebola no come una nor go know say TB dey Ni?
All in all. We all are at risk. This Ebola no be doctors risk alone. It's not like Aids that doctors can be at special risk cos its not transfered by contact and the average person doesn't handle HIV tainted blood. And if careful can avoid it 100%. This Ebola Na from road till hospital the victim dey spread am. So it's a general risk not reserved for mainly those treating them.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by drcakes: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
look how u jst used ur hand to tell us dat our Doctors shouldn't take quick preventive measures.
Are u trying to tell me that the Doctor never knew of Ebola's existence in west Africa? Or are u trying to say he never knew it early symptoms are synonymous to malaria? Or are u trying to say they should keep exhibiting negligence where deemed v.necessary?
BTW, what kind of a person am I?

If quick preventive measures include a bio hazard suit to you,
then that question
BTW, what kind of person am I?
The answer will be made known by my oga at the top
that's all
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
drcakes:

If quick preventive measures include a bio hazard suit to you,
then that question
BTW, what kind of person am I?
The answer will be made known by my oga at the top
that's all
u dont undastand wot I meant by quick preventive measures sheay?
What u shud av done is to ask 4 my elucidation.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by prettyprettywow: 2:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
How would the Dr have known that she was dealing with ebola patient? That was the first case in Nigeria, and it's unfortunate that she was the first person to come in contact with such patient. Atleast, she tried in alerting us about the possibility of the virus in Nigeria. Other health workers can now learn from her. Please let's not let this NMA/JOHESU thing cloud our judgement. We should all support and pray for one another

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by prettyprettywow: 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2014
And for the Drs shouting 5k hazard allowance, no amount of hazard allowance will be enough for health workers. So stop making it look like 100k hazard allowance will prevent medical workers from contracting infections. even if you pay me 100million hazard allowance, I will not intentionally risk my life cos that is not what I'm worth. The allowance should be to encourage health workers. Please you people should stop bringing it up in this ebola case. It kind of makes one sound dumb as if that is what your life's worth
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 2:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
prettyprettywow: How would the Dr have known that she was dealing with ebola patient? That was the first case in Nigeria, and it's unfortunate that she was the first person to come in contact with such patient. Atleast, she tried in alerting us about the possibility of the virus in Nigeria. Other health workers can now learn from her. Please let's not let this NMA/JOHESU thing cloud our judgement. We should all support and pray for one another
hw wil she knw? A patient frm Liberia? Common pls, sheer negligence resulted to dis.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by drcakes: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
u dont undastand wot I meant by quick preventive measures sheay?
What u shud av done is to ask 4 my elucidation.

Please kindly elucidate
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Samgreguc(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2014
drcakes:

Please kindly elucidate
gud.
If am a med doc in my hospital and a Liberian man is admitted into my hospital I wunt rush to touch him without puting on my gloves, face mask, glasses, and the "ebola coat" because av bin listening to d health news which of cos kept me posted. Even if I touched him wit my hands, I wil make sure I sanitize it as early as possible.
All these I wil b able to do if I do listen to health updates.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by prettyprettywow: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
hw wil she knw? A patient frm Liberia? Common pls, sheer negligence resulted to dis.
She must have made the first physical contact before questioning the patient and getting his history. It's not as if she was given a notice that a patient is coming from Liberia.If a patient's condition is very bad, the common thing is to give emergency care first before asking questions, I'm sure that is what this Dr did. Please stop the blame game, this is not the time for it
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by prettyprettywow: 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
gud.
If am a med doc in my hospital and a Liberian man is admitted into my hospital I wunt rush to touch him without puting on my gloves, face mask, glasses, and the "ebola coat" because av bin listening to d health news which of cos kept me posted. Even if I touched him wit my hands, I wil make sure I sanitize it as early as possible.
Na wa for you oh. You are saying this because you are an outsider. So if you are working in OPD, you will wear a full regalia to attend to every patient when you don't know their history yet? remember he was brought to the hospital like every other patient, and his vital signs must have been checked first before asking questions and getting history. This is just an unfortunate incidence, I am sure other workers will be more prepared now. She has already paid the prize for others
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by twopointtwo: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
The end is here,I know naija soon your enemy way get Ebola go come huge u,people way get am go d share ram.God come we are tired of naija.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by fowowe411: 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
FlintGuevara: I proceeded on a wrong premise, hence a faulty argument. Thanks for the correction on the quote. As for plagiarism, I perfectly know what it means. The glitch above was because I was thinking about something on intellectual property law when I was typing the comment you quoted.
Are you a co-worshiper in the temple of justice?if yes, which school?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by leo1234(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
Must u come across 100 patients before u contract a disease
SMH.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by babat89: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Samgreguc:
gud.

You are an ingrate. I'm shaking with fury reading this crap- wish I could lay my hands on you. You blame the doctor for contracting the disease? You are a fool! God will punish you! What do you know about treating a new patient? You will go and wear a suit... Ode! You think its cartoon business. Is it by phone you will find out his nationality? I'm proud of this prettywowwow chick for once (thanks). As I said earlier God will consider what these people are going through now and punish you!
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by citizenisb: 12:33am On Aug 06, 2014
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ebola-panic-continues-as-results-for-quarantined-persons-are-delayed/185443/

Panic appears to be growing among the Nigerian populace owning to the delay in the release of the results of nearly ten persons under severe surveillance.

Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu had told journalists Monday that "the results of 2 persons were being awaited." The combination of the two and eight other persons who had contact with the Liberian - American, Mr Patrick Sawyer brings the number to about ten, aside from 70 persons who are also under watch.

The delay in the release of the results has heightened fears among citizens that the number of Nigerians who have contracted the Ebola virus may be on the increase.

Also, the result in Anambra and Akwa Ibom States is being awaited. This is coming on the heels of panic in Ogun State where persons with contact with late Mr Sawyer are believed to be staying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria / Ganduje Is The ‘Best Performing Governor’ In COVID-19 Fight In Nigeria - APREN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.