Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola (51165 Views)

OMG, How Unprofessional?! Molested By Male Doctor Who Fondled Her Boobs?!! / Two More Nigerians Confirmed With Ebola, 139 On Surveillance / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by abdulaz: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
Research just conducted by me shows that marijuana plant, Nigerian breed o, can reduce the possibility of contracting the deadly ebola virus to 10%. Smoke it or take it as a concocted tea today. wink
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
No proof yet. I am ready to switch to Bitter kola business if it works grin
Wat about your bushmeat business?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Shylyf8: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Oh no!...oh no no! Dis is bad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Ahuitzotl: 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2014
Prevention is better than cure..get your surgical gloves and facemasks today.....
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by kstyle2(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nawa o...the doctor may even be married with kids and they've kissed and hugged. What if the doctor slept with a wh.0re who will then pass it on to dudes that will sleep with her, who inturn will pass it to their girlfrndz who will then pass it to other guys. Or what if the doctor had exchanged pleasentries with som1 in the chrch when d pastor said 'welcome ur neighbour and say something nice'...he may hav welcomed his neighbour who then welcomed other neighbour. What if he had checked other patients who came crying for the attention of a doctor after d liberian man saga
So many questions with little or no answer
Baba God na ur hand i dey...no let me fall

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
barcanista: Wat about your bushmeat business?
In your dream? grin
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
The most annoying part is there's no awareness campaign about the Ebola Virus on our TV stations. The awareness is only on social media.
How will uneducated Nigerians get to know what's happening?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
tpia1:

why would passengers ask to be paid? Or do you mean should passengers ask to pay extra charges.

are hostesses and other airport workers not paid hazard allowances or some form of it ? Kindly check and let us know.

in what way are doctors better equipped to protect themselves?

They know the symptoms. Once someone presents with it, they know. What is the big deal in wearing some coveralls, gloves and nose masks when handling a patient for the first time?
Yes passengers can ask to be paid for the airliner exposing them to the disease by taking a sick man to sit with them. Or are they not important to their families too? I believe doctors salary takes into consideration all risks involved in their jobs too. Any job involving travel has that covered as risk. So I am sure a frequently traveling doctor will have that same risk allowee a stewardess in a plan has. Which the ticketing officer does not have even though they both work for same company.
Doctors handle sick people which means that is their job. How else do you want to be paid again for special risk again? It's your responsibility to know that you could catch the disease from your client.
A doctor was telling me once when I complained about his nurses not wearing gloves when checking patients and esp I hate how they all touch healthy babies and admire them just after checking a sick person.
He said. Look if your child won't be sick he won't be sick even if all the sick people in the world should touch him. It's God that protects. I was like shocked. Coming from a medical doctor o.
So he doesn't care to protect himself. If I work with bees, and I choose not to protect myself against stings and get stung should I ask for special pay cos of that?
Yes it's sad when it happens. If you asking for increase in pay all well and good but not because you are exposed to risk. Just like soldiers. If you are sent to war you deserve the extra pay but your salary as a soldier is there cos of the fact you risk your life as a soldier. Special duties/ assignments withing your field of practice attracts the special pay
A doctor sent specifically to handle Ebola cases can ask for any amount he deems fit. It's a risk he is taking a risk in going to handle that case. But not to ask for special pay just because you feel the need to.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
In your dream? grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy Bros, Make I eat b4 ebola pick offense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: The most annoying part is there's no awareness campaign about the Ebola Virus on our TV stations. The awareness is only on social media.
APC and PDP own our TV stations sis
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
APC and PDP own our TV stations sis
oga you don carry Ebola matter enter APC and PDP? you de vex o
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
barcanista: oga you don carry Ebola matter enter APC and PDP? you de vex o
Those parties are the economic problems of Nigeria presently

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
Those parties are the economic problems of Nigeria presently
Join a party today
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tpia1: 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

They know the symptoms. Once someone presents with it, they know. What is the big deal in wearing some coveralls, gloves and nose masks when handling a patient for the first time?
Yes passengers can ask to be paid for the airliner exposing them to the disease by taking a sick man to sit with them. Or are they not important to their families too? I believe doctors salary takes into consideration all risks involved in their jobs too. Any job involving travel has that covered as risk. So I am sure a frequently traveling doctor will have that same risk allowee a stewardess in a plan has. Which the ticketing officer does not have even though they both work for same company.
Doctors handle sick people which means that is their job. How else do you want to be paid again for special risk again? It's your responsibility to know that you could catch the disease from your client.
A doctor was telling me once when I complained about his nurses not wearing gloves when checking patients and esp I hate how they all touch healthy babies and admire them just after checking a sick person.
He said. Look if your child won't be sick he won't be sick even if all the sick people in the world should touch him. It's God that protects. I was like shocked. Coming from a medical doctor o.
So he doesn't care to protect himself. If I work with bees, and I choose not to protect myself against stings and get stung should I ask for special pay cos of that?
Yes it's sad when it happens. If you asking for increase in pay all well and good but not because you are exposed to risk. Just like soldiers. If you are sent to war you deserve the extra pay but your salary as a soldier is there cos of the fact you risk your life as a soldier. Special duties/ assignments withing your field of practice attracts the special pay
A doctor sent specifically to handle Ebola cases can ask for any amount he deems fit. It's a risk he is taking a risk in going to handle that case. But not to ask for special pay just because you feel the need to.

your post is not making sense.

do you want to break it down?

if passengers in your opinion, should be paid for being on a flight which puts them at risk of catching a disease, then should people also ask to be paid when they enter taxis, restaurants, bukas, okada, etc? Should they be paid for even walking outside?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by solid3(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lord have mercy on Nigeria.

The man should be quarantined immediately and made to go through euthanasia ASAP.

Red alert should be on for any symptoms linking Ebola Virus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
tpia1:

Salary: Airport workers threaten strike

FEBRUARY 24, 2014

http://www.punchng.com/news/salary-airport-workers-threaten-strike/

Forget that one. Should they ask for increase cos an Ebola patient passe through the airport and may have infected them? That is what I mean.
Even market women go on strike. For one reason or another. For pay. Doctors treat the sick they can ask for my re pay cos of the economy of a country. Before you became a doctor you knew the risk involved.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tpia1: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Forget that one. Should they ask for increase cos an Ebola patient passe through the airport and may have infected them? That is what I mean.
Even market women go on strike. For one reason or another. For pay. Doctors treat the sick they can ask for my re pay cos of the economy of a country. Before you became a doctor you knew the risk involved.

i am not sure what exactly you're trying to say.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
tpia1:

your post is not making sense.

do you want to break it down?

if passengers in your opinion, should be paid for being on a flight which puts them at risk of catching a disease, then should people also ask to be paid when they enter taxis, restaurants, bukas, okada, etc? Should they be paid for even walking outside?

Now you get the point. So doctors should not ask of increasing pay because they were exposed to Ebola. We all are exposed to it. Doctors and the ordinary man.
This is a battle we all are fighting. This is no time to start asking for more money.
I asked that question based on the 1st comment I quoted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
MOGBE shocked
EBOLA AT THE TIME THAT DOCTORS
ARE ON STRIKEsadAND WITH OUR
TERRIBLE HEALTH FACILITIES.THE
LAST THING WE NEED IS EBOLAembarassed
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by omenka(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
Our govt is trying so hard to downplay the threat posed by
the outbreak of this disease, but governments around the
world know better!!

Conditions on ground are absolutely suitable for the easy
spread of the disease. The only people that stand a good
chance of escaping are the rich and influential.
We know the virus is spread through contact with body fluids of infected persons and consumption of meats of infected animals,, and the poor are VERY exposed to these:

1) The sanitary conditions of our public facilities leave so
much to be desired. You walk into the toilets of public run
schools, from primary schools to universities, to take a
dump or take a leak, and what you see could make the urge
to do what you went to do vanish in an instant. People go in
and urinate (sometimes even defeacate) on the ground. You
have no idea if those people have been infected or not!!

2) The sanitary conditions of our prisons and detention
facilities also leave so damn much to be desired. Imagine
what would happen to inmates should such a disease find its way into our these facilities!!!

3) Most middle class workers rely heavily on "mama put" for their meals. We have no clue as to the conditions under
which these meals were cooked!! We don't know who or
what came in contact with the items used in preparing those
meals. They wash used plates and cutleries and reuse the
water over and over again!! You have no idea what the saliva of the other customer contains!!

4) Our medical facilities find it very difficult maintaining very
basic safety standards. You go to a FG run medical facility
and won't be surprised to discover they are out of simple
hand gloves!!!

5) People get cramped into public transport vehicles (molue, danfo, kabukabu, etc) with skins rubbing against eachother while sweating. You have no idea what the stranger sitting next to you carries in his system!!

6) People live in rented apartments sometimes sharing
toilets and bathrooms with 4-5 different neighbours!! You
have no idea where your neighbours have been and what
they brought back home!!
The list is endless!!

I'm not an alarmist but a realist.

We should protect ourselves as much as possible for those
who ought to have created the right environment to
guarantee our safety move in airconditioned bulletproof and Ebola proof vehicles, fly in private jets, have their kids in the finest schools, and have already built for themselves foreign fortresses where they could go take shelter whenever sh*t hits the fan!!

Wake up Nigerians!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Fatdon(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
nigeria and inefficiency not long ago d
same man said no nigeria is infected
like i believed him ..hmmmph i sure his
children are abroad and safe now.
Nigerian we do it like we ve alwys done
with odas....WE SURVIVE
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tpia1: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
delishpot:

Now you get the point. So doctors should not ask of increasing pay because they were exposed to Ebola. We all are exposed to it. Doctors and the ordinary man.
This is a battle we all are fighting. This is no time to start asking for more money.
I asked that question based on the comment I quoted.

ok, let me check the comment then.

i'm not aware of any doctor asking for increased pay because of ebola.

the disease has no cure, increased pay would be the least of the worries of any doctor or health worker in contact with it.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tpia1: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
dridowu: This is occupational hazard, now if some doctors want increase in occupational hazard allowance some people will call them different names as if they are not important to their families, directly / indirectly the man would have transfer it to some family members especially its nuclear family.

delishpot:

Should the passenger's also ask to be paid? Due to travelling hazards? Should the hostesses and other workers at the airport ask to be paid too due to occupational hazards. Can the nurses ask to be paid more too? Doctors are not the only ones dealing with risks here. They are even better equipped to protect themselves unlike the others. I. E air hostesses and school teachers.

health workers in general are paid more due to the nature of their jobs.

its not doctors alone.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by delishpot: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
tpia1:

health workers in general are paid more due to the nature of their jobs.

its not doctors alone.

Tapia nnwanem it was a poster that said eh, now if the doctors ask for more money people will call them names that see how this man got infected trying to help the sick.
So I asked, should the other people who were exposed to him while working or due to the nature of their jobs also ask for increase in pay?

NB What you quoted was not my first quote.
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by SmileyEvents: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
Let's jst kip praying 4 dis country! Ebola is nt our portion....Amen
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by tuagbo: 3:24pm On Aug 04, 2014
berem: The most annoying part is there's no awareness campaign about the Ebola Virus on our TV stations. The awareness is only on social media.
I disagree with this your post.I've been hearing educational adverts about Ebola on The National Service of FRCN,Raypower and even NTA.I've also received many text messages from the Ministry of health.Its not surprising though,our leaders don't want a quick and painful death.They are aware Ebola is no respecter of status

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by gulfer: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
Please what about the nurses, cleaners and fellow patients at the time of his admission
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by xynerise: 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
barcanista: Join a party today
If it is not a birthday party, wedding ceremony or other Owambe then forget it. It is more like joining a cult
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
xynerise:
If it is not a birthday party, wedding ceremony or other Owambe then forget it. It is more like joining a cult
what about d funeral of an ebola victim?
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nobleval: Now i'm very scared! Aids is better than this. God save us! How many patients has he infected? sad..

Only patients ?
How about visitors to the hospital
Workers at the hospital
Family members
His neighbors
Public transport operators
Church or mosque congregation
Has he attended any owanbe since then
Remember that any of the people he came in contact with are also mobile and may have boarded Ekene or danfo to other places and come in contact with many others
The whole of Nigeria is now at risk
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by Davidolives(m): 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Too bad
Re: Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola by adewasco2k(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2014
this will be like a joke to many until people start dying.

lord have mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hair Growth & Baldness Treatment For Black Men.stop Your Hair Loss Now! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria / Rockefeller Foundation Holds A 1947 Patent For Zika Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.