Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of (27971 Views)

Check Out These Achievements And U Will Be Proud To Be Yoruba... / "I Am So Proud Of My Husband" – Aisha Buhari / Yoruba-Men Must Be Proud Of Obasanjo — Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by natureblack(m): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
chimoz: US nko, what of Germany ETC. This is yet another national bashing thread.
you took the word outta my mouth

I just don't know why Nigerians can't see anything positive in her country.

this is one of the numerous reasons I would never advice a foreigner to have a nairaland account.The national bashing is just way outta hand

#danm

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher and 50cal

Why are you lot fighting?

You need to allow it, Nigeria isn't worth fighting over.

Topic:

Artificial countries aren't meant to be a source of pride to anyone because of the identity crisis. I tried to look for something to cite, despite the medieval ages in which the country is stuck in, but I couldn't find anything that represents Nigeria. However, I can cite the different ethnic identities within the artificial embodiment called: Nigeria. Even the Super Eagles are rubbish these days! grin

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 11:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
SirShymex: Truckpusher and 50cal

Why are you lot fighting?

You need to allow it, Nigeria isn't worth fighting over.

Topic:

Artificial countries aren't meant to be a source of pride to anyone because of the identity crisis. I tried to look for something to cite, despite the medieval ages in which the country is stuck in, but I couldn't find anything that represents Nigeria. However, I can cite the different ethnic identities within the artificial embodiment called: Nigeria. Even the Super Eagles are rubbish these days! grin
grin grin....You cracked me up so bad

Lmao @ despite the medieval ages in which the country is stuck in........

I was only pulling 50's leg then he took it too far and I came bang! bang!! bang!!! but the mutherfucker won't just lemme be cheesy

No more fighting bro , hey 50! no hard feelings grin.....You're still my friend.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Dmatter(m): 11:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Corruption
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by 50calibre(m): 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: Jeez!!! Boy you've got to quit smoking that cheap crack. grin

We having an argument and you started talking about your phantom academic achievements that would put me to sleep and I replied your stuupid post telling you that you have nothing but a 4x4 cubicle you call home, while waiting for the next Government handout.

When you started talking about your supposedly academic achievement then you are the one who obviously needs a validation and not me because my academic achievement already translated to the green back 10 yrs ago. grin

Talking about observing me in this forum is funny to me because everyone here thinks you're an iidiot.......just ask around I'm not the only person that feel this way...........I'm done with your moronic rants, go to bed you're not in my league - Get that straight and stop ranting like a rabid dog.

Yeah I brought up academic achievements when you tried to mock my typos like you're some kind of English scholar.

I said my academic achievements will put you to sleep and that's the truth. There is no comparison between the two of us, it's akin to comparing a team like Real Madrid to Enyima.

Your comments are disrespectful to me, and do you know in ancient times, disrespecting someone of a higher social status could cost you your head?

Only pedestrian minds like you think I'm an idio*t, well thanks be to Tim Berners Lee & his colleague for creating the Internet, they've created a medium which allows simpletons like you talk to people you wouldn't otherwise be able to meet in real life.

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
Truckpusher: grin grin....You cracked me up so bad

Lmao @ despite the medieval ages in which the country is stuck in........

I was only pulling 50's leg then he took it too far and I came bang! bang!! bang!!! but the mutherfucker won't just lemme be cheesy

No more fighting bro , hey 50! no hard feelings grin.....You're still my friend.

Bruv, it's better to always tell the truth. Whenever I see the positive things Nigeria is known for, I see Benin, Ife, Igbo Ukwu arts etc.. And the perhaps the history of the African kingdoms from there. Evidently, today's Nigeria is still stuck in that era. Not throwing shades though.

In today's Nigeria, I've check everywhere and I can't even see anything. The country isn't an intellectual property, albeit it has a few distinguished individuals. However, that doesn't negate the fact that the overwhelming majority are just book readers - mixed with educated illiterates. No pun intended. As for the governance of the country and the institutions there - dead end.

Music: maybe Fela Kuti - apart from him there's absolutely nothing else on the global stage.

Sports: Nigeria isn't a global power in any sport. We don't dominate anything.

Er, I hate to say this, but I'd say a lot of naija women are riders and warriors - maybe naija women to an extent. grin

Anyway, you lot are my e-doozies, there's no point beefing about it - two different opinions but still the same soldiers. And Nigeria should be proud of something by the next century. cool
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bunch of hungry men (Truckpusher, 50calibre, SirShymex)

Someone pls feed these Negroes already!

2 Likes

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
BananaBender: Bunch of hungry men (Truckpusher, 50calibre, SirShymex)

Shollypumpum the menace! grin

Got milk?- that's what I wanna feed on tonight as the brother to the night, and tonight is definitely my night! cool
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by AspDrone(m): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2014
ROSSIKE:

France is proud of her Eiffel Tower? Oh really?

Well Nigeria is proud of her National Theater in Lagos.

Or Obudu Cattle ranch

Or Abuja (brand new city)

Her diverse, interesting culture

Her fashions etc.

But let's go further..

NIGERIA

- Most populous country in Africa with 170 million people.

-9th most populous country in the world after China, India, United States, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Russia, and
Bangladesh.

- Africa's largest economy with an annual GDP of $510 billion.

- Africa's largest oil and gas exporter.

- At 125 trillion cubic feet (tcf), the world's 7th largest gas reserves after Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United
States, Algeria and Venezuela.

- Africa's largest university educated population of approximately 30 million.

- Africa's largest and most prosperous middle class of approximately 60 million.

- Most extensive road network in Africa.

- One of Africa's top 3 most powerful military forces.

- Home to Lagos, the 6th largest urban center in the world after Tokyo, Mumbai, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and New
York City.

- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the "Next Eleven" economies - countries on track to become the biggest economies in the world in the 21st century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven

- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the MINT nations - countries on track to become the biggest economies in the world in the 21st century.

- The economy of Nigeria is among the fastest growing in the world.

- Nigeria has one of the fastest growing telecommunications markets in the world, major emerging market operators (like MTN, Etisalat, Zain and Globacom) basing their largest and most profitable centres in the country. The government has recently begun expanding this infrastructure to space based communications. Nigeria has a space satellite which is monitored at the Nigerian National Space Research and Development Agency Headquarters in Abuja. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

- Nigeria is the first and ONLY black country to manufacture motor vehicles including cars, buses, trucks, and suvs:

http://innosonivm.com/en/index.asp

- 17th Aug 2011 Nigeria launched the world's first black-built satellite.

''NATION LAUNCHES FIRST SATELLITE BUILT BY AFRICANS - Nigeria successfully launched NigeriaSat-X, the first satellite to be designed and built by Africans, into orbit this week (17 August). NigeriaSat-X was launched along with another small satellite, NigeriaSat-2, from Yasny in southern Russia.''
(Source: Middle East North Africa Financial Network) http://www.n2yo.com/?s=5580

- Nigeria - World's fastest growing Construction Industry:

''Construction growth in Nigeria will be the fastest of all markets'', according to the latest 10-year forecast from Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics.

The new study says China will overtake the US as the world's biggest construction market by 2018, but that the fastest growth will happen in Nigeria.''

''Africa’s biggest economy is poised to lead world growth in construction for next decade.''

http://stratsisincite./2009/11/14/construction-to-become-worlds-fastest-growing-in-nigeria/

http://allafrica.com/stories/200911130010.html

- Africa's biggest and most prolific film industry, and the world's second largest, with a contribution of $6 billion to Nigeria's annual GDP.

- Africa's fashion capital and home to the continent's most vibrant and creative fashion industry.

''Nigeria has sashayed into the style spotlight this year: Michelle Obama wore London-based Nigerian-born Duro Olowu’s print dresses and a hand-painted indigo blouse by Lagos-based Maki Oh for a state visit to South Africa in June, while Beyoncé posted a selfie wearing a sweatshirt by London-born Nigerian designer Walé Adeyemi on Instagram in January.'' - FT.COM 'Lagos - Global Fashion Hotspot' http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e1668b92-31b0-11e3-817c-00144feab7de.html#slide0

- Africa's most prolific music industry and entertainment capital.

- African Football Champions, and current holders of the African Cup of Nations.
OMG...they brought it up but hey,you turned it up damnn..am like turn down for what.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 12:15am On Sep 01, 2014
BananaBender: Bunch of hungry men (Truckpusher, 50calibre, SirShymex)

grin grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by AspDrone(m): 12:15am On Sep 01, 2014
oduastates: Nothing.
Using obama's quote.
Nigeria is simply a medium size and derelict gas station.
A useless one at that.
Makes nothing but wants to consume everything.
The giant sore of Africa and
A disgrace to the black race
Who is Obama to talk of my land?
Is it not in the same USA policemen killed 'Daillo' and of recent 'michael brown' what do we call that? Legal terrorism?
The pressure is much on Nigeria yet you see smiles on faces...I ask myself,would any other nation be able to hold their own amidst this troubles we face in Nigeria?
Look and thiink rather than Obama-ing your brains with BS....if Nigeria has nothing to be proud of,does that means you are nothing among all humans?

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 01, 2014
GEJ
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by spanzed(m): 12:22am On Sep 01, 2014
CORRUPTION.....in every sector of d country
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Don't mind the old fool Orlandoowoh..
A man with three wives and sixteen children mocking Nigeria's population when he contributes to it.

Largas:
youu should be ashamed of your comment.

Is china ashamed of her population?
Is the US ashamed of her population?

Instead of you to discover ways we could use our population to our own advantage, you would rather quote me to post BS.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by natureblack(m): 12:31am On Sep 01, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Or Obudu Cattle ranch

Her fashions etc.

But let's go further..

NIGERIA

-9th most populous country in the world after China, India, United States, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Russia, and
Bangladesh.

- At 125 trillion cubic feet (tcf), the world's 7th largest gas reserves after Iran, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United

- Africa's largest and most prosperous middle class of approximately 60 million.

- Home to Lagos, the 6th largest urban center in the world after Tokyo, Mumbai, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, and New
York City.

- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the "Next Eleven" economies - countries on track to become the biggest economies in the world in the 21st century. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven

- Nigeria is the only African country listed among the MINT nations - countries on track to become the biggest economies in the world in the 21st century.

- Nigeria has one of the fastest growing telecommunications markets in the world, major emerging market operators (like MTN, Etisalat, Zain and Globacom) basing their largest and most profitable centres in the country. The government has recently begun expanding this infrastructure to space based communications. Nigeria has a space satellite which is monitored at the Nigerian National Space Research and Development Agency Headquarters in Abuja. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

- Nigeria is the first and ONLY black country to manufacture motor vehicles including cars, buses, trucks, and suvs:

''NATION LAUNCHES FIRST SATELLITE BUILT BY AFRICANS - Nigeria successfully launched NigeriaSat-X, the first satellite to be designed and built by Africans, into orbit this week (17 August). NigeriaSat-X was launched along with another small satellite, NigeriaSat-2, from Yasny in southern Russia.''
(Source: Middle East North Africa Financial Network) http://www.n2yo.com/?s=5580

''Construction growth in Nigeria will be the fastest of all markets'', according to the latest 10-year forecast from Global Construction Perspectives and Oxford Economics.

The new study says China will overtake the US as the world's biggest construction market by 2018, but that the fastest growth will happen in Nigeria.''

''Africa’s biggest economy is poised to lead world growth in construction for next decade.''

http://stratsisincite./2009/11/14/construction-to-become-worlds-fastest-growing-in-nigeria/

- Africa's biggest and most prolific film industry, and the world's second largest, with a contribution of $6 billion to Nigeria's annual GDP.

- Africa's fashion capital and home to the continent's most vibrant and creative fashion industry.

''Nigeria has sashayed into the style spotlight this year: Michelle Obama wore London-based Nigerian-born Duro Olowu’s print dresses and a hand-painted indigo blouse by Lagos-based Maki Oh for a state visit to South Africa in June, while Beyoncé posted a selfie wearing a sweatshirt by London-born Nigerian designer Walé Adeyemi on Instagram in January.'' - FT.COM 'Lagos - Global Fashion Hotspot' http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e1668b92-31b0-11e3-817c-00144feab7de.html#slide0

- African Football Champions, and current holders of the African Cup of Nations.
may your days on earth be long
may you never know pain or stress
alot of Benjamin in your bank account
success,happiness,good health,you name it

I don't know who you are,where you are,where you from,what your hustle is like,buh what I truly know is how you have made the month of August complete for me. I can't believe such a comment can be made in Nairaland where the hate for the word "Nigeria" is alarming.

imagine the st..upid op stating that Brazil is proud of her football.What is Nigeria proud of? what the phuck is he/she insinuating.

everyday on Nairaland threads are created just for the sole aim of national bashing.

little-wonder some baztards from ghana in the monikers of oxygen1 and Ashantiking keeps spamming various threads with derogatory comments on Nigeria just because we derive pleasure in bashing our own in forums like Nairaland.

word: as we keep our bed,so we lay on it

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by kabba7(m): 12:34am On Sep 01, 2014
LOOTERS OF PUBLIC TREASURY AS GOVERNMENT!
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Fulaman198(m): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2014
Listen to this song: Proudly Nigerian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe1mEqM_gdU
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by modskiller(m): 1:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Corruption n'ko??
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by youngelder(m): 1:39am On Sep 01, 2014
dere are so many tins we can be proud of.. I'm proud to be nigerian.
. To ansa ur question, Nigeria shuld be proud f our local dishes.. AFANG SOUP AND FUFU..

Wia else in d world can u find it?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 3:05am On Sep 01, 2014
peppyluv02: Don't mind the old fool Orlandoowoh..
A man with three wives and sixteen children mocking Nigeria's population when he contributes to it.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 3:16am On Sep 01, 2014
SirShymex:

Bruv, it's better to always tell the truth. Whenever I see the positive things Nigeria is known for, I see Benin, Ife, Igbo Ukwu arts etc.. And the perhaps the history of the African kingdoms from there. Evidently, today's Nigeria is still stuck in that era. Not throwing shades though.

In today's Nigeria, I've check everywhere and I can't even see anything. The country isn't an intellectual property, albeit it has a few distinguished individuals. However, that doesn't negate the fact that the overwhelming majority are just book readers - mixed with educated illiterates. No pun intended. As for the governance of the country and the institutions there - dead end.

Music: maybe Fela Kuti - apart from him there's absolutely nothing else on the global stage.

Sports: Nigeria isn't a global power in any sport. We don't dominate anything.

Er, I hate to say this, but I'd say a lot of naija women are riders and warriors - maybe naija women to an extent. grin

Anyway, you lot are my e-doozies, there's no point beefing about it - two different opinions but still the same soldiers. And Nigeria should be proud of something by the next century. cool
You've said it all - Two different opinions but still the same soldiers.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Truckpusher(m): 3:22am On Sep 01, 2014
50calibre:

Yeah I brought up academic achievements when you tried to mock my typos like you're some kind of English scholar.

I said my academic achievements will put you to sleep and that's the truth. There is no comparison between the two of us, it's akin to comparing a team like Real Madrid to Enyima.

Your comments are disrespectful to me, and do you know in ancient times, disrespecting someone of a higher social status could cost you your head?

Only pedestrian minds like you think I'm an idio*t, well thanks be to Tim Berners Lee & his colleague for creating the Internet, they've created a medium which allows simpletons like you talk to people you wouldn't otherwise be able to meet in real life.
grin grin smh

Delusion of grandeur. cheesy

Oya e dun do abeg before you go jump from skyscraper, after all you're still my homie. grin

One love.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by rocoh(m): 3:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Me grin
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by akay48(m): 3:36am On Sep 01, 2014
We have 2Face, Asa, Sound Sultan and Myself combined? Name any other country that still has all four?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by lormarx: 3:43am On Sep 01, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Or Obudu Cattle ranch

Her fashions etc.

But let's go further..

NIGERIA

Bangladesh.

York City.

You forgot the most important,Corruption

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by Lucasbalo(m): 3:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Nobleval: MY COUNTRY 9ja
(1) Where ladies don't
accept
flowers
for valentine or birthday
gift, but prefer Murtala Mohammed
Head.
(2) Where lizards go look
your
eyeball,
nod head and say "notin dey
happen
guy"
(3) Where a blind beggar
will
reject a fake naira note. (4) Where Groundnuts are
sold in
Bottles & Waters sold in
Satchets.
(5) Where parents claim
they always
came first position in
school.
(6) Where You Can Be A
Driver
For Years Without A 'DRIVER's
LICENCE'
(7) Where Presidents and
other
government officials don't
knowthe national anthem.
(cool Where the govt dont
give a
hoot
about nobody.
(9) Where Gala and Lacasera is the
best option when stuck in
traffic
jams
(hold up).
(10) Where you are jailed for
stealing Maggi and yam
and others
given
a
chieftancy title for stealing billions and
Front row seat in churches.
(11) Where we fight for
everything.
To
gain admission to university, to
get a
job and to enter a bus!
(12) Where you are robbed
of
your phone and the robbers come
back for
your Pin code and the
charger.
(13) Where politicians use
big unnecessary grammar to
scam
people.
(14) Where your type of
GENERATOR
shows how RICH you are. (15) Where you can easily
blame
your
not been successful on
family
members in the village.
(16) Where rich men must
have a
pot
belly, and a healthy
looking, slim Man is despised in the
street as a
pauper.
(17) Where if you where
do
anyhow you see anyhow.
(18) Where generator is a
social
amenity.
(19) Where people dey
collect change
for beggar hand.
(20) Where People produce
Toyota Camry jeans and Dr.
Dre
slippers (21) Where the man who
had no
shoes
becomes the president.
(22) Where a 60-yr-old
grandpa is a National youth leader
of a
party
(PDP).
(23) Where citizens are
more afraid of
Police than Armed robbers.
We are always proud to be
called
Nigerians despite all these
odds. I L √ ﻉ NIGERIA WITH
PASSION.
What about Urs
So true, and you just hit a Grandslam .
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by MightySparrow: 3:49am On Sep 01, 2014
Ceasar1:
- Egypt is proud of her pyramids.
- China is proud of her industrialization.
- Japan is proud of her technology.
- Brazil is proud of her football.
- Dubai is proud of her tourism.
- France is proud of her Eiffel tower.
And finally;

*Nigeria is proud of her.....................?
Fill your answers

cheesy grin

419, Book Haram, Kidnapping, Fake products, communal fightings, clueless leaders
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by stexsy(m): 3:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Dude are you for real What's the poverty ratio between Nigeria and those counties? The per capital of one person in the US is perharps same with that of 10 people in Nigeria! Continue proliferating like rats and claim to be ''Proud of it''
wat is per capital?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by M4gunners: 4:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Culture.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by InvertedHammer: 4:59am On Sep 01, 2014
Truckpusher: And here crawls in another retarrded fellow that likely falls into the same category of people he's making jest of.......smh

Dumbness , is it hereditary? shocked shocked
\
Nice try.. Like I am going to stoop low to start trading
banters with you.

For your mind you have dealt me upper and lower cuts. Now you are the man and you are the shiznit.

Dream on. If you need deodorant/antiperspirants, pm me so that I can send a year's supply to you. Otherwise, go and find your mate buddy.
/

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:29am On Sep 01, 2014
peppyluv02: Don't mind the old fool Orlandoowoh..

Woman, be mindful of how you talk to me. Yes, I'm sometimes wont to play with you, I do that without resorting to insulting you. Please, I beg you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Now That Kwarans Have Realised: CONGRATULATIONS To Kwara People / Matthew Seiyefa May Be Named DSS Acting DG / Arthur Eze: Only God Can Make An Igbo Man President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.