Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? (4484 Views)

No Victor No Vanquish / Civil War: We’ve No Cause To Regret What We Did – Gowon / No Victor No Vanquished - How true? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Ogonimilitant(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
fellow Nairalanders I want to know if the Nigeria Biafra war was really a
no victor no vanquish war.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by estyvino(m): 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
That was part of peace agreement.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
If it was not declared. The war would still be on now. And Nigeria would definitely have lost the war by now. Although with massive Biafran civilian casualty. Forget Biafra. You see the chicken at the top of your (Nigerian) coat of arms? That is the red devil sitting on you cowards. There lies all your problems.

[img]http://zainabusman.files./2011/10/nigeria_ccoat_n4013.jpg[/img]
The thing is that those horses think they are part of the game. No they are just animals.

3 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by lekkie073(m): 2:52pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nigeria was the victor, Biafra was vanquished. if not Biafra should have been a sovereign entity by now but..... lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2014
lekkie073: Nigeria was the victor, Biafra was vanquished. if not Biafra should have been a sovereign entity by now but..... lipsrsealed
Some folks from other tribes are that it was a big mistake from Gowon. that south east should have been an occupied region to curtail the excesses of the Igbos.
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Balkan(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ogonimilitant:
Some folks from other tribes are that it was a big mistake from Gowon. that south east should have been an occupied region to curtail the excesses of the Igbos.
Rubbish thread

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ogonimilitant:

Is that so?

Well, every one got an opinion, some good, so bad and some devilish!
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mental evaluation should be done to any body that want to open a thread!

7 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by kel4soft: 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
VICTORCIZA: Mental evaluation should be done to any body that want to open a thread!

They should start with you cool

14 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
VICTORCIZA: Mental evaluation should be done to any body that want to open a thread!
agreed

4 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by EasternLeopard: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
OP English na war

Is it " Declearing" or " Declaring "

3 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by omazus: 8:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ogonimilitant:

Even an uncircumcised ogoni is talking about the excesses of the south east. well you are too infinitesimal that both the north and south west regard you as Igbo. but who can occupy Igbo land? the land of the greatest freedom loving people in Africa' the scourge of colonial masters? it is not yet late you can declare one victor one vanguished now, then come and occupy. useless people that were silenced by mere four hangman's rope of sani abacha. saboteurs

12 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
After looking at the state of his army after 30 months of war, Gowon was sure that was not what victors looked like.

8 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by HopeAtHand: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Ogonimilitant:

The Banana Amaechi planted for Ogoni people to eat don ripe?

5 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Lordlexyy: 10:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Gowon was probably in a haste to give that declaration hoping the actual losers would realised their folly and come back to their senses. Alas! The watery, deceptive mouth of their ancestors that led to their destructions continued unabated by the newer generation. Such loud mouthed fellows. Gowon should have allowed longer period of occupation by the Nigerian army and teach these people bitter lessons and caution them on the need of being deceived into a war they stand no chance by one helpless general who abandone them to their own peril. Neverthless, it is still not late, let the war mongers continue to beat drum of war, the catastrophy that befalls their ancestors will be a pinch of salt compare to what awaits them now.

9 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2014
Lordlexyy: Gowon was probably in a haste to give that declaration hoping the actual losers would realised their folly and come back to their senses. Alas! The watery, deceptive mouth of their ancestors that led to their destructions continued unabated by the newer generation. Such loud mouthed fellows. Gowon should have allowed longer period of occupation by the Nigerian army and teach these people bitter lessons and caution them on the need of being deceived into a war they stand no chance by one helpless general who abandone them to their own peril. Neverthless, it is still not late, let the war mongers continue to beat drum of war, the catastrophy that befalls their ancestors will be a pinch of salt compare to what awaits them now.
Mumu talk.
Tell Gowon to go and unite plateau state and NE

6 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Lordlexyy: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2014
Wonder who wants to fight for biafra. Is it those fat belly business men husstling for their daily bread or those streets urchins(criminals) and nuisance posing as mossop? Failure to learn your first lesson of life as an adult result to eventual destruction. I love my igbo, but those sentimental bigots that contribute nothing but hate and comments capable of destablising our great country are they pests. Apology to omenka and other well intended igbos on this forum. One love.

4 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by brownlords: 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2014
When this biafrat people go ever get sense? Their god when roast their wife and children numbering over 1 million gat disguise run for em dear life yet some wannabe biafrat warrior won't to claim victor upon the life's of their brothers and sisters them take set gamble between Ojukwu and gowon. Ibos are the most foolish people after Yoruba, damn this guys una no dey ever get sense, instead of you to put your house in order and see if you can bring out a candidate in 2019 or 2023 you are all here shouting biafrat, biafrat.

I wonder how you intend to fight the war when all your tribes men are scattered across the face of the earth like oil wandering around like sheep without owner and destination. If not for the slave mentality of the Yoruba I would have given you the title.

@mod, don't waste your time in banning me, I'm logging out this monicker already
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
brownlords: When this biafrat people go ever get sense? Their god when roast their wife and children numbering over 1 million gat disguise run for em dear life yet some wannabe biafrat warrior won't to claim victor upon the life's of their brothers and sisters them take set gamble between Ojukwu and gowon. Ibos are the most foolish people after Yoruba, damn this guys una no dey ever get sense, instead of you to put your house in order and see if you can bring out a candidate in 2019 or 2023 you are all here shouting biafrat, biafrat.

I wonder how you intend to fight the war when all your tribes men are scattered across the face of the earth like oil wandering around like sheep without owner and destination. If not for the slave mentality of the Yoruba I would have given you the title.

@mod, don't waste your time in banning me, I'm logging out this monicker already
^^ another mumu

5 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by brownlords: 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2014
quid:
^^ another mumu

First mumu, awo Ibo abi Yoruba?
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2014
brownlords:

First mumu, awo Ibo abi Yoruba?
awon hausa
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by brownlords: 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
quid:
awon hausa

A won boko haram, awon almajiri
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by prophetone(m): 11:35pm On Aug 04, 2014
The Igbos really suffered in the war so you guys shouldn't be mocking them. Gowon had to declare no vanquished to end the terrible suffering that innocent women and children were under by the northern/sw forces.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by kel4soft: 12:30am On Aug 05, 2014
omazus:

Even an uncircumcised ogoni is talking about the excesses of the south east. well you are too infinitesimal that both the north and south west regard you as Igbo. but who can occupy Igbo land? the land of the greatest freedom loving people in Africa' the scourge of colonial masters? it is not yet late you can declare one victor one vanguished now, then come and occupy. useless people that were silenced by mere four hangman's rope of sani abacha. saboteurs

How dare you call an Ogoni man uncircumcised? This is my problem with you people, always thinking you are better than the next man.

2 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by kel4soft: 12:31am On Aug 05, 2014
HopeAtHand:

The Banana Amaechi planted for Ogoni people to eat don ripe?

What has banana got to do with this? cool
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by naijaking1: 1:00am On Aug 05, 2014
kel4soft:

What has banana got to do with this? cool

When will you Ogoni people learn
I beg go ask Ken Saro Wiwa how he is enjoying the banana Abacha gave him and other stu--pi--d Ogonis who found love in the northerner?
This thread should be whether Gowon regrets fighting for Hausa/Fulani people, given the rate his christian kinsmen and women in the north are decimated by muslim fanatics today!!!

9 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by kel4soft: 1:05am On Aug 05, 2014
naijaking1:

When will you Ogoni people learn
I beg go ask Ken Saro Wiwa how he is enjoying the banana Abacha gave him and other stu--pi--d Ogonis who found love in the northerner?
This thread should whether Gowon regretted fighting for Hausa/Fulani people, given the rate his christian kinsmen and women in the north are decimated today!!!

I am not from Ogoni Mr. So because Ken didn't support BIAFRA. So, the internal hatred.

Let me dissapoint you, Ogoni is just 4 LGAs in Rivers State and are doing better in all sectors of the economy bar the non implementation of UNEP report which is non of their own making. Before you start your Ibo hardworking nonsense. You guys have 5 states in number.

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by IGBOSON1: 1:12am On Aug 05, 2014
prophetone: The Igbos really suffered in the war so you guys shouldn't be mocking them. Gowon had to declare no vanquished to end the terrible suffering that innocent women and children were under by the northern/sw forces.

^^^Why the emphasis on 'northern/sw' forces? Is that your -not too subtle- way of gloating over the war crimes committed against defenceless innocent civilians by the subhuman Nigerian soldiers?

2 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 1:22am On Aug 05, 2014
kel4soft:

How dare you call an Ogoni man uncircumcised? This is my problem with you people, always thinking you are better than the next man.
LOL. Did you read the Ogoni man's post first. We don't care what you Nigerians think! You people are the worst kind of mental slaves as available. The very lowest.

7 Likes

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Balkan(m): 2:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
LOL. Did you read the Ogoni man's post first. We don't care what you Nigerians think! You people are the worst kind of mental slaves as available. The very lowest.
the guy is funny

1 Like

Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by Dibiachukwu: 2:19am On Aug 05, 2014
Re: Did Gowon Make Mistake In Declearing Nig. Biafra War No Victor No Vanquish? by saintneo(m): 2:27am On Aug 05, 2014
kel4soft:

I guess you didn't read what ogonimilitant wrote initially.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people harbour evil within themselves. Continued occupation of Igboland after the war is the wish of some people.....tufiakwa Chineke ekwena ihe öjöö.

What excesses if I may ask?

After the war, there was an attempt to dominate the Igbo people in every sector even in market business. The major markets in Igboland were occupied by Yoruba and Hausa, but yet they abandoned the idea because they could not cope with the hustle.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Rule Forgery: David Mark, Ekweremadu In Trouble / Amaechi Is Not Just A Man, He Is A god. / Gambia Declared Islamic Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.