Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version (104171 Views)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 05, 2014
bashorundon:
Hi everyone. For those of us that are always scared of buying from unknown sites, an IT Friend told me once a site has "https" at the beginning, every transaction done on that site is safe. So, I indulge everyone of us to check out for this before buying on any site. Challey, you noh say e noh easy to make money?! PLEASE.

It doesn't guarantee you won't be duped O, I own a website, to make it https, I just have to pay 30usd to my hosting company. It only means your information like card number and Co are safer than on a normal httpwebsite.

Plus online retailers like jumia and konga aren't fully https, because the process of changing from httpto https is stressful, but the payment page is always in https, that is, the page where you have to enter your card details must be in https.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mrhello: 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
Intellab:
I read a post here where someone bought a 3G 1G RAM Tablet for #6,600 on alibaba. I don't seem to find any at that range.
Yea, there are.

Here are d possibilities. If d person claimed to buy only 1 piece, then it is an OEM tabs nt branded. Also 4 dat price, a lot of things might hv bn compromised: e.g. no bluetooth, no inbuilt 3G, resolution of 600x480, battery, etc.

On d other way round, if he claimed he buys btw 500-1000pcs, dat may be d unit price of presumably quality tab. My opinion though.

Promhize:

If for personal use you could buy it, but you're reselling don't try it, if you don't want wahala.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by teebest4we(m): 12:09am On Dec 11, 2014
Pls I need someone to help me on how to buy costomized wristband, that is very cheaper
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ddaji(m): 7:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
thanks for the good work.I met a manufacturer of textile materials in Alibaba.Then we shifted our interactions on whatsapp; now we have reach agreement on goods quotation was sent to me with the mode of payment through western union, PayPal or HSBC account. Pls I need advice on what to do.This is my first time of doing importation business. iam based in Abuja
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by holyemmyjoe(m): 9:12pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ddaji:
thanks for the good work.I met a manufacturer of textile materials in Alibaba.Then we shifted our interactions on whatsapp; now we have reach agreement on goods quotation was sent to me with the mode of payment through western union, PayPal or HSBC account. Pls I need advice on what to do.This is my first time of doing importation business. iam based in Abuja
I will advice you to use the encrow service. As a novice, that is the only way you can avoid been doped. Dont do direct payment oh. Abeg
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by pinkyni(m): 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
Ymodulus:
PROPOSAL

yes at times you must have sent message to some sellers on Alibaba.com and none of them will reply you. Or you must have contacted some manufacturers and they won't respond.
Truth is you don't expect all to respond. But also ask yourself what am I getting wrong.

Now if you don't want to learn about proposal please see the next post below called CHATTING RULES.

FORMAT of PROPOSAL

First of all, credits to whom credits is due MAYORALL. I am a experienced a little bit because MayorAll guided me on the way of Light.

Now there are several kind of proposals. However for this tutorial I will be teaching you on the DIRECT BUSINESS APPROACH PROPOSAL.

Here you will learn how to send a manufacturer on Alibaba or other sites a message for quotation request or business invitation.

Please note that I have decided not to upload screenshots of PERSONAL PROPOSAL because everybody here will begin to recopy it and use and once any seller sees it. They will say he's a Nigerian.

Now format.

Hi. ( manufacturer or wholesaler name )

I am Ymodulus from Ymodulus Watches Big. Ltd

My company will be interested in buying 300pieces of your curren watches.

Please send us your qoutation or P. I , TradeManager I'd, Skype Username , Email, Website.

We look forward to doing business with you.

Ymodulus
General Manager of Ymodulus Watches Big Ltd
LOBATAN !
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by eaglevirus: 12:00am On Dec 15, 2014
Guys how do I handle sea shipping as I want to buy bulky and heavy items.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by bunmidivine(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hi. Is there a way you can do your search on Alibaba, so as to get results or list of suppliers that accept Escrow as a means of payment.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 4:10pm On Dec 18, 2014
bunmidivine:
Hi. Is there a way you can do your search on Alibaba, so as to get results or list of suppliers that accept Escrow as a means of payment.
download the Alibaba app,
goto search,
type what you want to source for,
click refine
shift were you see escrow to ON and
confirm.....

hope you understand....

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by bunmidivine(m): 11:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
Thank you @dasanchez1

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by goodtalk(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2014
Dear Clients.

Merry Christmas from KRIXMAS LOGISTICS SERVICES.

We appreciate your trust and consistency over the months.

Regards.

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by condi1704(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
please help me track this order--
RJ053942709CN. God bless.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by stagger: 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
condi1704:
please help me track this order--
RJ053942709CN. God bless.

29.11.2014 20:10 WēnZhōuHánJiànJú鹿Chéng Branch Accepted from sender Ní日LìYà
29.11.2014 20:10 325000 Accepted from sender
29.11.2014 21:33 WēnZhōu International Arrived at sorting center
03.12.2014 20:08 Beijing International Arrived at sorting center
04.12.2014 08:47 Beijing International Send item abroad (Export)
04.12.2014 09:16 Beijing Send item abroad (Export) Nigeria

Your stuff is in transit.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by condi1704(m): 1:27am On Dec 23, 2014
stagger:

29.11.2014 20:10 WēnZhōuHánJiànJú鹿Chéng Branch Accepted from sender Ní日LìYà
29.11.2014 20:10 325000 Accepted from sender
29.11.2014 21:33 WēnZhōu International Arrived at sorting center
03.12.2014 20:08 Beijing International Arrived at sorting center
04.12.2014 08:47 Beijing International Send item abroad (Export)
04.12.2014 09:16 Beijing Send item abroad (Export) Nigeria

Your stuff is in transit.
pls sir, what site did u use to track the order in case of next time. God bless.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by harryshevy: 5:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
theSpark:
Thanks to everyone on this thread. I just collected wristbands I ordered on alibaba.com today. special thanks to ymodulus .
Guy gud evening pls I will really need you to put me through your manufacturer... I want to go into importation of wristband... Pls I beg U
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Mcleo007(m): 11:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello everyone, and complements of the season. This is to inform you all that we close for the year on Friday, 26th December to resume on the 5th day of January, 2015.

We at IBL appreciate you all... Thanks

Christmas brings family and friends together. It helps us appreciate the love in our lives we often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.

May this holiday season sparkle and shine. May all your wishes and dreams come true and may you feel this happiness all year round.

During this season of giving let us take time to slow down and enjoy the simple things. May this wonderful time of year touch your heart in a special way. Wishing you much happiness today and throughout the New Year.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by condi1704(m): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2014
I was just charged 187.67 to a dollar now by
access bank. think its conning down.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by david22uu(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
GOOD DAY FRIENDS.

PLEASE I NEED SERIOUS AND URGENT HELP. I PURCHASED SOME GOOD IN CHINA. THE MAIN PROBLEM IS HOW TO SHIP IT DOWN HERE VERY QUICK. THE LAST TIME I USED DHL AS MY CONTACT IN CHINA SAID, IT WAS FAST BUT VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. THE GOODS ARE CLOSE TO 90KG. HOW WILL I ALSO AVOID CUSTOMS.

LONG LIVE NAIRALAND!
LONG LIVE ALIBABA!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA!

HAPPY XMAS
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by ommo(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2015
macklef:

Even schools are hot buy.
If you want a school socks collabo tho, you can hit me up.
Most sellers dont go less than 1000pairs, but uld rarely find schools that have that population on one style.
Btw, no upcoming school will do this even some big schools run from it but, if there a branded school, deld go for it.

Una welldone o, import masters. Una dey lecture wella.

Big man, i am interested in customising socks, but, i'm finding it difficult getting sellers to accept orders less than 1000pics. Most schools that have shown interest in customising their socks have student population less than 1000. I need my help man. Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by alakara(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2015
@ mackef
Am having an issue with one of my suppliers,
He said I must pay $50 as a collateral before
He can send me a sample. I told him to reduce
the amt but he insist on that amt. But d amt will
be deducted from my order wen I make it
I don't knw if I shld go ahead or wait.
Thanks for the answer.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by macklef(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2015
ommo:

Big man, i am interested in customising socks, but, i'm finding it difficult getting sellers to accept orders less than 1000pics. Most schools that have shown interest in customising their socks have student population less than 1000. I need my help man. Thanks
Yh, i understand u. I said it earlier, some of those u chat with are trading coys. Get a real factory, even at that, 500pcs is hard to come by, very hard, me no what i went thru, but my seller had stayed in Nigeria for quite a time, he understands d population factor as such, could agree less.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by macklef(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
alakara:
@ mackef
Am having an issue with one of my suppliers,
He said I must pay $50 as a collateral before
He can send me a sample. I told him to reduce
the amt but he insist on that amt. But d amt will
be deducted from my order wen I make it
I don't knw if I shld go ahead or wait.
Thanks for the answer.
I want to assume u refering to me bah? Thank God for d bro i just replied, i for never see this.
Well, if ur seller says 50$ before he allows sample, hes not out of tune.
Some people just collect samples n zoom of, dey not ready, dey just wanna rip the sellers off dier samples.
So, its a conditional charge by the factory to show u are serious about ur order and u are not there to play
With them. Some wunt mind giving u actually, but others wunt. Its ur choice.
U either keep searching to u find those to give u free sample, or you pay the 50$. Deld definately deduct it from ur main order wen u do.
Cheers.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by bukky222: 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
Please am just going into importation business, how does escrow work in nigeria. Please give me the step by step means and method of servicing the account. Thank you
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 07, 2015
I'm new to the importation business, I was wondering if I could ship directly from the manufacturer via DHL without using any freight agent? Secondly, what's the guaranty of receiving goods while paying through PayPal, Western Union or bank transfer from a gold supplier and lastly would DHL deliver the goods at my doorstep? Brothers please help me out, thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hello!

Please, wristband importers. I've finally taken steps to order 1000 pcs of wristbands (with logo), but the supplier is charging me $300 as the total cost. Other suppliers charged me higher.

How reasonable Is this price please?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
holyemmyjoe:
I will advice you to use the encrow service. As a novice, that is the only way you can avoid been doped. Dont do direct payment oh. Abeg

What about via PayPal?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by olaide721(m): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=yorme post=29585776]

What about via PayPal?[/quote
Paypal too is good to testify to this all my transactions is on paypal
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by jaydee87(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2015
yorme:
Hello!

Please, wristband importers. I've finally taken steps to order 1000 pcs of wristbands (with logo), but the supplier is charging me $300 as the total cost. Other suppliers charged me higher.

How reasonable Is this price please?
only can answer that question cos ur market will determine but to me its very okay......
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by tochilastborn(m): 8:45am On Jan 08, 2015
I need options on cheap laptop and digital camera
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by bashorundon(m): 9:03am On Jan 08, 2015
Hi Fellas. If you need ORIGINAL 10400MAH XIAOMI POWERBANKS, talk to me now. At SellingPoint, we sell powerbanks that won't make buyers swear for you. The statement "Nigerians love cheap thing" is false. If you provide original items, Nigerians will pay for them. OUR 10400MAH XIAOMI POWERBANKS ARE THE BEST POWERBANKS IN THE WORLD. THEY ARE THE BEST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY. WE DELIVER WORLDWIDE. BULK ORDERS AVAILABLE TOO. You can reach us via my signature.

At SellingPoint, our slogan remains QualityOnly! Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.