Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:47 AM

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version (103955 Views)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by nairamaverick(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2014
at what point can you request for free shipping with dhl or other express courier services?

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by kunletoks(m): 7:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Following.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Chartey(m): 10:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
macklef:

Even schools are hot buy.
If you want a school socks collabo tho, you can hit me up.
Most sellers dont go less than 1000pairs, but uld rarely find schools that have that population on one style.
Btw, no upcoming school will do this even some big schools run from it but, if there a branded school, deld go for it.

Una welldone o, import masters. Una dey lecture wella.
Guy!! Long time! I was right about you. Answer my pm sharpaly
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by frehage: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
nairamaverick: at what point can you request for free shipping with dhl or other express courier services?
Yes, and how do you receive your goods? From DHL, FedEx or Naija shipping agent straight to your residential address or you go to your agent's address to get it.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by afoobiggy700(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
nice work fron my ogas @Ymodulus , mayorall ,' shinaf dav8id
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by balogunsam(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
frehage:
Yes, and how do you receive your goods? From DHL, FedEx or Naija shipping agent straight to your residential address or you go to your agent's address to get it.
nairamaverick: at what point can you request for free shipping with dhl or other express courier services?

It's really easy. Most alibaba suppliers will not want to offer free shipping but it all boils down to your ability to negotiate. If the weight for your purchased items summed up is less than 3kg, you can request for free shipping but know that the free shipping is most likely via china airmail which takes 20-60 days. Some suppliers however offer free shipping via dhl if you meet their minimum quota to qualify for it.

For the shipping agents, you go to their office to pick up or engage the services of other courier forwarders like Krismax and the likes to pick up for you and send to your location. If the relationship with your agent is also solid,you can to an extent also have them forward items to you.
Cheers!
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
***********************************************************************************************************

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by spino90: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Nice work guyz.una 3much

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by somto252(m): 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
I am new on nairaland as a member but a very old guest. Been following the importation trade for a longtime. Must say thanks to all for the wonderful informations being shared. I benefited immensely. Aliexpress wasnt for me cos I needed bulk orders that I coud supply. Been dealing with aliaba for 4months now. Been able to purchase hair extensions, phone batteries, power banks, etc. Wouldnt say I know everything but I can give my 2cents of ideas based on experience.

Firstly, I look out for sellers who accepts escrow only and make it clear to them that its my only means of payment. All sellers I have been dealing with accepts escrow. This works for me. However, if am paying upto 8, 000usd, escrow isnt a good business choice of payment. Considering that sellers would always want you to pay the 5percent alipay charges them. TT would be a cheaper option. Not paid upto that to one seller though, lol.

Secondly, I am always the boss's boy and never the boss. This trick redues cost of items . Bargain till they say "no, we cant give at this price. We hope we an do business with you next time, thanks".

Thirdly, ask alot of questions. Awhole lot of questions would save u alot of tears atlast.

Fourthly alibaba is easy to use and items are very cheap there compared to nigerian market. In nigeria, I deal with market retailers and wholesalers in aba, abia state. I try to know the market value of what am buying. Since am in aba, I want to know what aba traders buy at lagos or from importers and howmuch they buy there. Then I find product on alibaba and fight to get it at a price that I can sell to my customers at lagos price or same wih the importer. They nolonger worry about buying from lag and transporting to aba.

Fiftly, if u can always get a sample of what you are buying first. They would say its free but you pay for frieght. Not same for all sellers though.
For some, you have to buy the sample higher than the supply cost. Then when you place big order, they balance you sample fee.
Again, I use ali source pro for my sourcing. And I buy from wholesale checkout mostimes because moq is always low. Then I increase moq as I desire to get what I want. Also, when sourcing for products, always findout the city where d company is located. I always look out for companies close to or in guangzhou to reduce SF shipping to my freight forwarder. For freight forwarder, I use st patrick for air cargo. Works for me.
Chinese salespersons on alibaba are very patient and persuading individuals.be wary of them. They can persuade you to place orders of items you have changed ur mind on, please stick to your decision. Thats what makes you a businessman.
For payment, I use gtb mastercard for now. Opened an access bank account yesterday so as to get their visa card. Learnt from the house its cheaper.

Finally, thanks to all who made my solo adventure possible. Ymodulus. Mayorall. I remember these two names everyday even when I kw there are numerous guys who I heed to their write ups here.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by malitony1930(m): 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
STOP THE RAT RACE AND BE ON THE FAST TRACK OF LIFE.
Success is produced from acting . social media is about connecting people all over the world. That in itself is the biggest leverage u can ever think of. That's what affiliate marketing business like WINTHRILLS is about. Using your Facebook,Twitter and Google+ to earn good commission online for yourself . join me on *WINTHRILLS* to generate funds for your businesses and add more income to your monthly salaries. Contact Taye Malik on whatsapp(08144558183) to talk more on how to get started to solve the *WHYs*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by lcoral(f): 5:50am On Aug 08, 2014
Am having problem using my first bank Visa card for payment. Always saying card issuer can not complete transaction. Please I need help house.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by eph12(m): 6:45am On Aug 08, 2014
lcoral: Am having problem using my first bank Visa card for payment. Always saying card issuer can not complete transaction. Please I need help house.
First bank users have been complaining for over 3 months now though someone said you need to contact your customer care so they enable you to use it on aliexpress.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by goodtalk(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Our services at a glance!

1 Free warehousing!
2.Free parcel Handling!
3.Parcel pickup/Delivery Services,N700/N1000
4.Air Frieght services
5.Shipping from China/Dubai to Nigeria.
6.Timely Remittance of Customers proceeds.

Partners: Agofure Motors, The Young Motors, Safari Express, All 36 states Government official Transport companies, Arik Air Etc.

Most Affordable Logistics company on Nairaland

A trial will convience u!.

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by lcoral(f): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2014
@ Eph12. Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Thanx to all that are contributing so far. Pls my Ogas I need help. I want to buy from alibaba but not really large qty can I stil get it there also can someone help me with links to buy theses products on alibaba male and female shoes ladies bag, and female cloths at reduced prize. Finally in using escrow how do I pay into the escrow accnt. Thanks to all
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by malachytochukwu(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2014
Ymodulus:
You are madt. Lol contact me. I owe u a gift.

I will give you the contact of the original manufacturer of Curren Wrist Watch. U don't believe me? Just contact me. His prize is the cheapest on Alibaba and his authenticity have been confirmed by JUDY of NONNIKINGS.

Please for me to be sure you are the one. Send me a Mail through the Nairaland Email feature.

Below is an attached Curren with Glass Box
Boss Ymodulus could u pls send me the contact of curren manufacturer plsss. Malachytochukwu@gmail.com. God bless ya.
Again, can one use mastercard to make payment on alibaba?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by phranco(m): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls my ogas,I want to know between 1688 and alibaba whose product are more cheaper.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Donsheddy: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ymoduls and shinaf,mayorall etc am greatful for wat you are doing in dix forum.
Please oga ymoduls please give me the link of the manufacturer of curren watch. My email is sokwukwe@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 5:49am On Aug 09, 2014
Donsheddy: Ymoduls and shinaf,mayorall etc am greatful for wat you are doing in dix forum.
Please oga ymoduls please give me the link of the manufacturer of curren watch. My email is sokwukwe@gmail.com
grin
Donsheddy: Ymoduls and shinaf,mayorall etc am greatful for wat you are doing in dix forum.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 5:51am On Aug 09, 2014
malachytochukwu:
Boss Ymodulus could u pls send me the contact of curren manufacturer plsss. Malachytochukwu@gmail.com. God bless ya.
Again, can one use mastercard to make payment on alibaba?
yes u can.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by lordfalcao(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2014
Here don dull
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by donpope1(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Thank you for this educative thread. I need you guys to help me recommend a shipping and freight company that can help me ship a parcel of gross weight 4Kg. Also the likely cost of its shipment. Thanks!
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Grandslam7(m): 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
thank u all the gurus on board am impress with ur lectures, pls ymodulus sir does alibaba deal with electrical lighting materials pls I will like to know because that is my area of interest, so pls sir I will like it if u can help me on it thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by thierryopj: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2014
Nice thread Keep it up ymodulos, shinaf and all...
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by greatestman(m): 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
I make a purchase with my GTB master card at ALIEXPRESS, the first transaction was successful while making the second transaction they said that my payment was unable to be verified and the money was already deducted from my account. They asked me to submit my statement of credit card and any means of identification, I submitted my NATIONAL ID CARD only. I am yet to recieve any message from them about the verification. House i want to make more purchase on Aliexpress should i continue or wait till i hear from them? i need urgent advice from gurus in the house. i am just starting the business though i have gone through the importation thread.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by eph12(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2014
greatestman: I make a purchase with my GTB master card at ALIEXPRESS, the first transaction was successful while making the second transaction they said that my payment was unable to be verified and the money was already deducted from my account. They asked me to submit my statement of credit card and any means of identification, I submitted my NATIONAL ID CARD only. I am yet to recieve any message from them about the verification. House i want to make more purchase on Aliexpress should i continue or wait till i hear from them i need urgent advice from gurus in the house. i am just starting the business though i have gone through the importation thread.
Wait till you hear from the, please to avoid more stories. You wouldn't have to wait long though. They'll reply soon.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nivlin: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
donpope1: Thank you for this educative thread. I need you guys to help me recommend a shipping and freight company that can help me ship a parcel of gross weight 4Kg. Also the likely cost of its shipment. Thanks!

Follow this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1819824/newly-found-shipping-agent-china
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by eph12(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2014
Grandslam7: thank u all the gurus on board am impress with ur lectures, pls ymodulus sir does alibaba deal with electrical lighting materials pls I will like to know because that is my area of interest, so pls sir I will like it if u can help me on it thanks.
www.alibaba.com
Type what you want in the search box
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Grandslam7(m): 3:31am On Aug 10, 2014
thanks bro
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mrtnt: 12:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ymodulus, U may nt really fully understand what impact u are making on Naija youths now, bt I'm sure posterity will live 2 be grateful 2 u. Pls keep doing it. Dont stop.

@all. For all who care 2 share knowledge here, u are simply giving back 2 your generation. May God continue 2 reward your efforts.

13 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Grandslam7(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2014
sir ymodulus pls pm me ur email or phone number pls I want to have a discussion with u thank u sir in anticipation
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Grandslam7(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
mrtnt: @ymodulus, U may nt really fully understand what impact u are making on Naija youths now, bt I'm sure posterity will live 2 be grateful 2 u. Pls keep doing it. Dont stop.

@all. For all who care 2 share knowledge here, u are simply giving back 2 your generation. May God continue 2 reward your efforts.
u are right bro I just learned something from this guru honestly he has impacted positively to my life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Charles Chuck Feeney Fulfills Dream To Die Poor, Gives ₦3.48 Trillion To Charity / Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.