Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version (104177 Views)

How To Buy From Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria. / Has Any Nigerian Ever Imported Through Links From Alibaba.com? How Safe Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by onyfrank: 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
;DGod bless u ppl, both the teacher and the teachee ;DGod bless u ppl, both the teacher and the teachee
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mrhello: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
@op. Good job.

somto252:
alibaba is easy to use and items are very cheap there compared to nigerian market. In nigeria, I deal with market retailers and wholesalers in aba, abia state. I try to know the market value of what am buying. Since am in aba, I want to know what aba traders buy at lagos or from importers and howmuch they buy there. Then I find product on alibaba and fight to get it at a price that I can sell to my customers at lagos price or same wih the importer. They nolonger worry about buying from lag and transporting to aba.
I think dis is a good tip here. Most of us may just want 2 import cos of d ease & other seemingly favourable factors without doing their home work well.

I make bold 2 tell u dat I almost placed order on alib thru alix 4 a few items cos of presumed good price b4 I suddenly found d same item in Lagos at relatively cheaper price while doing my market survey. Dis eventually saved me a lot of costs.

Importation is sweet, easy & free-4-all now BUT pls do your home work well 4 maximum profit.

somto252:
Also, when sourcing for products, always findout the city where d company is located. I always look out for companies close to or in guangzhou to reduce SF shipping to my freight forwarder.

It cannot be beta said. D true is dat most Naija China based shippers are consentrated in d same location being GZ. So shipping 2 them frm your seller is cheaper (sometimes free) than frm SZ.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Grandslam7: u are right bro I just learned something from this guru honestly he has impacted positively to my life.

Thanks. sent you a mail
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 12:03am On Aug 11, 2014
Another Nairalander. Chartey putting Alibaba to use.

He is not just thinking small. I love his IQ and me talking with him I feel so Happy. He challenges me to do something great and be unique.

He met a school with a proposal and now he customises all the socks for the school. Let me add this. the last socks are coming in through Sea. lol!!

Young guys making money. This is what I am talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Chartey(m): 12:12am On Aug 11, 2014
Ymodulus:
Another Nairalander. Chartey putting Alibaba to use.

He is not just thinking small. I love his IQ and me talking with him I feel so Happy. He challenges me to do something great and be unique.

He met a school with a proposal and now he customises all the socks for the school. Let me add this. the last socks are coming in through Sea. lol!!

Young guys making money. This is what I am talking about.
Boss you don open my nyash o. Lol.
Let me use this opportunity to ask any interested person to bring contracts and we share profit very reasonably. Some of us don tire to dey beg for money. o7o393.847.09

5 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by moski5(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
All you making contributions thanks a lot
I am new to importation I want to test d market I discussed with a manufacturing company rep in Gz n interestingly them manufacture n sell a wide range of products I requested 4 free shipping n dey increased d price from $160-$200 on a variety of products
I asked 4 escrow dey said d handling charges dey pay r much I should pay via Western Union since Na babe I almost gree o well I say make I ask my brothers here
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by moski5(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
between alibaba n aliexpress in buying small quantities which is cheaper
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by phranco(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
moski5: All you making contributions thanks a lot
I am new to importation I want to test d market I discussed with a manufacturing company rep in Gz n interestingly them manufacture n sell a wide range of products I requested 4 free shipping n dey increased d price from $160-$200 on a variety of products
I asked 4 escrow dey said d handling charges dey pay r much I should pay via Western Union since Na babe I almost gree o well I say make I ask my brothers here
No try Am oo, unless u want ur money to sink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by moski5(m): 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
I also observed that some big firms sell/manufacture a wide range of products n don't mind selling a piece or two Our Professionals in d house' I hail do recommend such reputable companies to. us thanks I hail
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by moski5(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
phranco:

thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mrtnt: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
phranco:
So escrow is still d best way 2 go?

Now, considering compulsory handling charges on aliexpress/aliababa, will it be advisable to pay abt $500 on alibaba wt escrow?

Pls hw does T/T means of payment work on alibaba?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
mrtnt:

Now, considering compulsory handling charges on aliexpress/aliababa, will it be advisable to pay abt $500 on alibaba wt escrow?

insist on escrow payment.if he refuse, search for other sellers with the same product u want.if you follow the tips here, you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by moski5(m): 12:43am On Aug 12, 2014
dasanchez1: insist on escrow payment.if he refuse, search for other sellers with the same product u want.if you follow the tips here, you will understand better.

thanks a lot
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mrtnt: 3:15am On Aug 12, 2014
mrtnt:
Now, considering d compulsory handling charges on aliexpress/aliababa, will it still be advisable to pay abt $500 on alibaba wt escrow?

Pls what is T/T means of payment & hw does it work on alibaba?
Any1 there?
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by eph12(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2014
mrtnt:

It doesn't always have to be escrow. T/T is money transfer.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by uliyaah(f): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello house, please what does it indicate when one orders from a buyer and there has been updates about the movement of the order on china post air tracking with updates, but the merchants store isnt available on aliexpress anymore, is this a fraud sign or it doesnt matter? would appreciate an answer from anyone who knows, my friend wan collapse for my neck o, i introduced her to d site....
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by durtman: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello house its been kind of hard getting seller that accept escrow on alibaba may be I've not made my search broad but I got a seller that said I can pay with escrow provided I pay for the 5% handling charges.
Does this make sense gurus in the house
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nanecs: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
uliyaah: Hello house, please what does it indicate when one orders from a buyer and there has been updates about the movement of the order on china post air tracking with updates, but the merchants store isnt available on aliexpress anymore, is this a fraud sign or it doesnt matter? would appreciate an answer from anyone who knows, my friend wan collapse for my neck o, i introduced her to d site....

As long as the tracking number giving to you at point of purchase is still active with recent updates as par movement of your goods, you have no cause to worry. It's possible the store is offline or has been closed down by aliexpress for one or two reasons. I once had a seller that his shop was closed down because he sells original SanDisk branded memory cards online without authorization from the manufactures. All you have to do for now is wait till your goods arrive which usually takes between 14 to 30 days to confirm actually whether you got the items you paid for.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nanecs: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
durtman: Hello house its been kind of hard getting seller that accept escrow on alibaba may be I've not made my search broad but I got a seller that said I can pay with escrow provided I pay for the 5% handling charges.
Does this make sense gurus in the house

Yes it makes sense. Escrow attracts a percentage of actual cost of your items on alibaba.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nanecs: 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
moski5: I also observed that some big firms sell/manufacture a wide range of products n don't mind selling a piece or two Our Professionals in d house' I hail do recommend such reputable companies to. us thanks I hail

It all depends on the item you are looking for and your negotiating skills. Just request for sample and negotiate cost with them. Please note that you are paying for sample fee which is usually refunded when you place order for larger quantities.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by mrtnt: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
mrhello: @op. Good job.
It cannot be beta said. D true is dat most Naija China based shippers are consentrated in d same location being GZ. So shipping 2 them frm your seller is cheaper (sometimes free) than frm SZ.
Like most sellers are concentrated in Shenzhen. Pls hw can I source for sellers within a particular location, say Guangzhou?

Thks in adv.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Coldplay007(f): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hello peeps, I need clothe labels for my fashion house. I don't know much about ordering on alibaba..
can Ymodulus and other peeps explain how I can go about doing this on alibaba? I want something not too expensive cos I'm still hustling..
Thanks in anticipation..

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by durtman: 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nanecs:

Yes it makes sense. Escrow attracts a percentage of actual cost of your items on alibaba.com

@nanecs
So what you are saying now is if price given by seller is OK by me I can go ahead and accept to pay the 5% handling price on the escrow.
Or I must insist seller pay the handling charges
Just confused a little
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nivlin: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
durtman:

@nanecs
So what you are saying now is if price given by seller is OK by me I can go ahead and accept to pay the 5% handling price on the escrow.
Or I must insist seller pay the handling charges
Just confused a little
The 5% escrow charges is to be paid by the you the buyer, because you're the one who wants to be protected by escrow.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Nivlin: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
mrtnt:
Like most sellers are concentrated in Shenzhen. Pls hw can I source for sellers within a particular location, say Guangzhou?

Thks in adv.
By adding GUANGZHOU to your search phrase. E.g 'GUANGZHOU shoe', "GUANGZHOU curren'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by ecash2: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Na rubber gun I wan take kidnap Ydumuse n his cohots I wan market them...bid ur price...dis guys r something else...

I beg close d trend the one we learn Don do before Chinese government find us..
Thanks alot
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dav8id(m): 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nivlin:
The 5% escrow charges is to be paid by the you the buyer, because you're the one who wants to be protected by escrow.
Escrow fee can be pay by either the buyer or the seller.
The buyer paid escrow fee when the seller payment option is not credit and stated it boldly they dont operate payment means through escrow.so in this case you the buyer need protection and you demand to make your payment through escrow and if the seller agree then you are to pay the escrow fee.as some sellers will refused escrow payment but if you tell them that you will pay the escrow fee they will accept .

You are not to pay escrow fee when the seller stated on their store that credit card payment and escrow payment is accepted..

3 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by dasanchez1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
To Ymodulus, mayorall,dav8id and other great importers in the house, my words goes forth saying," The ingenuity of their ideas,the marvellous rapidity of their insight,the sureness of their intuitions,the exactness of their observation on importation,the extreme versatility of their extraordinary genius,made earlier students in importation including me place them on an isolated and even super human position.
I greet u all. One last word I will say is THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
Coldplay007: Hello peeps, I need clothe labels for my[b] fashion house[/b]. I don't know much about ordering on alibaba..
can Ymodulus and other peeps explain how I can go about doing this on alibaba? I want something not too expensive cos I'm still hustling..
Thanks in anticipation..
Clothes Label

Its called Cloth tags. Yes you can get this on alibaba. i did this for a local tailor man some months back.
There are two types of tags. we have paper tags and cloth tags. The paper tags are those ones we use razor or scissors to cut off from the cloth. why the cloth tags are those ones we attached to the collar.

My Advice.

To make things easy for you, have a dimension and logo or diagram you have in mind to be on whatever tag. For your cloth tag(the one on the collar) try make it cotton 65% and 35% polyester.
Note: 100% cotton tags are expensive and not worth it. its just a tag.

PRICE RANGE.
Note!!! this price range was as at April 2014.

CLOTH TAG
Quantity : 500pcs
Size: 25mm X 5mm
Logo : success
Material: Cloth 100%
Price: N17 / pcs (this price includes transport to Northern Nigeria Niger state to be precise)

PAPER TAG
Quantity : 500pcs
Size: 30mm X 20mm
Logo : success
Material: Paper cardboard
Price: N30 / pcs (this price includes transport to Northern Nigeria Niger state to be precise).

Note:
The following determines cost of tag.
1. Colors
2. Logos
3. Materials

I would have honestly hand over to you the contact but i cant find it in my mail again.

Please if you want to go far in your fashion house. Try get the chinese to design your materials use to sew the clothes. or get them to sew it for you..

Agbani Darego (First and only Nigerian to win the Miss world) does not sew her fashion house clothes here. The guy that handles her project is a nairalander, clothes are sewed in china. Logo are designed also in mass production in china. I am extra sure of what i am saying. Hes a popular nairalander on the politics section. i will ask him if i can give you his contact.

Most interesting thing is that he his a tailor.

In conclusion.
Just get nice diagram and designs and send over to any manufacturer in china to design for you. or ask them for nice materials and you sew it yourself in Nigeria. whatever way. but stay away from Nigerian materials. if you want to be above your mates. Who knows, i might be wearing your clothes one day.

[size=15pt]i just got a COLDPLAY DESIGNERs Tshirt for 100,000 naira[/size]

grin grin grin grin.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
ecash2: Na rubber gun I wan take kidnap Ydumuse n his cohots I wan market them...bid ur price...dis guys r something else...

I beg close d trend the one we learn Don do before Chinese government find us..
Thanks alot

lol rubber gun ke? lol. thanks

dasanchez1: To Ymodulus, mayorall,dav8id and other great importers in the house, my words goes forth saying," The ingenuity of their ideas,the marvellous rapidity of their insight,the sureness of their intuitions,the exactness of their observation on importation,the extreme versatility of their extraordinary genius,made earlier students in importation including me place them on an isolated and even super human position.
I greet u all. One last word I will say is THANK YOU.
hahahahaha oga u made my day. thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by Ymodulus: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
If you are to get a new handheld (tablet or phone), specifically for importation biz. Please which will you advice i go for.
Re: Do It Yourself - Alibaba Version by olawhizzy(m): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ymodulus:
If you are to get a new handheld (tablet or phone), specifically for importation biz. Please which will you advice i go for.

go for tablets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Lady Returns N860,000 Mistakenly Transferred To Her Account (Photos) / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) / Thousands Of Zimbabweans Lose Money As MMM Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.