Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m (990 Views)

The Sudden Uprise Of Baby Mamas In Nigeria / Baby Boy Born Without Limbs (missing Arms & Legs) In Bauchi / Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by webaplanet(m): 6:07am On Aug 05, 2014
A 38 year-old woman, Charity Atoe has called on the police to help her unravel the location of a woman whom she alleged eloped with funds donated for the surgery of her three years old son, Timothy, who was born without genitals.
Charity who gave the name of the woman as Blessing Asatu said the total money donated was about N5m.
She was at the premises of the Edo State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists to narrate her story.

Charity said doctors at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital demanded for N900,000 to perform a corrective surgery and that efforts to raise the money in Edo state failed which made her to go to Lagos State to seek for help.
It was on her way to Redeemed Christian Church of God that she claimed to have met Blessing who offered to help her by calling journalists who made her son’s plight public.

“My husband ran away after he has spent lots of money on this condition. He is a bricklayer and I used to sell. I have children for two husbands. Two girls for another man and two boys for this man that ran away. I have not seen my husband for the past eight months. I have been to several places and no help came. I have been looking for help for the past three years.

“After looking for help in Benin without any forthcoming. I decided to go to TB Joshua church. On my way, someboday said I should go to Redeemed Church. It was where I was to buy sachet water to drink that I met one woman by name Blessing Usatu.

“She promised to help me and within few minutes I saw pressmen asking me questions and the report was published the next day alongside my photographs. After two days, I started receiving calls from individuals across the world stating that they have paid money into an account provided alongside the story. I did not know that the account was in her name. She has a store at Ikeja opposite the Redeem church. We went to the hospital at Lagos and Dr. Bankole asked her to give me the money to go and do the operation in Benin but she refused. I used to sleep at Ijesha outside The Lord Chosen Church.

“Somebody brought N600,000 cash which I saw. I was given N100,000 and the woman said she would keep the rest. I later gave her N80,000 out of the N100,000. Whenever I am going for check-up, she would give me N2000. She said I should go and call my husband before she will give me the money. I went to the Zenith bank and the bank officials my picture was not in the account. I really need help. I do not know that the woman was out to dupe me. I have been calling her and her number is not connecting.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/mother-of-baby-born-without-genitals-duped-of-n5m/

More: http://tony kempis.com/?p=2485
Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by Descartes: 6:23am On Aug 05, 2014
Chai…what a wicked world embarassed cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by Omexonomy: 6:29am On Aug 05, 2014
Fellow nigerians are always looking for ways to benefit from other people pains and predicament.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by SAMBARRY: 6:41am On Aug 05, 2014
Omexonomy: Fellow nigerians are always looking for ways to benefit from other people pains and predicament.
am telling you. The irritating part of it is that the scammer will go and give testimony in church of how the lord blessed him or showed him favour.hr won't say he swindled a woman in distress.

how wicked. Smh.hiaaannnn

poverty indeed breeds wickedness
Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by FlintGuevara(m): 6:47am On Aug 05, 2014
May karma take away the genitaks of the guilty party.
Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by echobee(f): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2014
Wicked world.
Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 05, 2014
How could she have taken advantage of someone else predicament , what a wicked world .

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by Kanwulia: 7:15am On Aug 05, 2014
What a story!
Life is really a BYTCH! cry
See SUFFER HEAD?
Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by Tallesty1(m): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2014
She is a devil in human body.

But this woman self just dey drop pikin 4 men anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by cococandy(f): 10:27am On Aug 05, 2014
If she goes to the appropriate authorities with her story or if she's able to connect with some of the donors,they can bear her witness that they donated money into such account for her child's surgery.
The people who published the story can help corrobrate her story.
Then on the orders of the court,the bank should be able to reveal the identity of the account owner.

Hope she gets justice. Or maybe I'm just dreaming embarassed
Re: Mother Of Baby Born Without Genital Duped Of N5m by JEITO: 4:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
What some people would do for money...

(1) (Reply)

My Forgetful Uncle And How He Ended Up With His Forgetfulness / What Would You Do If You Were In Gbemi’s Shoes? / Dad Gives 10-year-old Daughter A Very Public Lesson In Acting Her Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.