Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

What Is Wrong In Being Black? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong In Being Black? (11779 Views)

Why Every World Map You're Looking At Is wrong / Difference Between Being Black In The Uk And Being Black In The Us / This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Being Black? by tonychristopher: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2014
In the past years the state of the Black person globally has become paramount on my mind. I have observed that wherever Black people are, whether it is Australia – among the Aborigines, Africa, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, or North America, we seem to belong at the bottom of the pile,or the bottom of the pyramid, economically, socially, physically, mentally, etc. It makes one ask several questions:*.What is responsible for these 2,000 years of “Black backwardness”?*.Why do we seem to fail even where we arein the majority?*.Is the Black man victimized; and is he a victim of his own circumstances, pathologies, or of other people’s opinions and decisions?*.Have Blacks always been this way?*.Are we descended from “Kunta Kinteh” or from kings?*.If Blacks are not cursed, what did they do to deserve almost 2,000 years of oppression, lack, etc?*.What is responsible for Africa being the richest continent and yet inhabited by the poorest people?*.If Black means only one sixteenth of skin, why are Blacks un-able to overcome the “victimitis” or pressure that comes with it?*.Is there a conspiracy to keep Blacks at thebottom?*.Why do Black nations constitute the biggest borrower nations?*.If Blacks are not cursed, is their land cursed?*.Africans are religious by nature, and where they have become Christians they have been committed. Why are they still not making progress?*.Why is there such a gap between White dominated and Black dominated nations?*.What are the pathologies responsible for the state of Blacks in different settings?*.Can there be healing to the atrocities committed against Blacks in the past?*.Some African nations have the highest number of educated citizens, yet Africa in modern times has not contributed significantly to discoveries or inventions.*.What is the future of the Black person?*.If there is a future, what is the key to that future?*.When will the Black man’s day of manifestation come?
Culled from the book: What Is Wrong In Being Black?, written by Matthew Ashimolowo

14 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by 2prexios: 10:54am On Aug 05, 2014
Being black is natural, but becoming black is a different 'issue'. I am not a subject of my skin pigment, I am a mankind.

I do not have reservation for being black, nor do I have anything against being called a black man or African man or man.

Perfect world is just an ideal, it does not exist. Also, people who look down on others have inferiority complex too, you know?

First, they are worthless in their own race and it feels good to come across someone they can call "worthless" as a worthless souls.

Meanwhile, some people always want to blame their failure in life on "the boogeyman" that is white or witch so they might appear blameless.
Albeit, nobody stops anybody from being great be it people of colour or Caucasian or a man from the east and the aborigines of this world.

The stereotypes that people carry about limit them to their shells and hamlets.

The black is blessed beyond the curse of religious propaganda of their exploiters these days.

But that does not guarantee that you will find yourself among top echelon of the society if you don't try.

The world stand aside for the man who know his path to pass.

Race is not the issue, who you are is the issue.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 06, 2014
Being black smears your shirt, making you spend a sizable lump of your income on Hypo(c): an expense that your Caucasian colleagues with equal earnings don't have to make- less money for food for you- POVERTY.

I am no philosopher, but I'm sure that living like a loser won't make you a winner. Being black to you might mean Oprah or Samuel Doe, Good or Bad, Benighted or Enlightened ....... YOUR CHOICE!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by andy24(m): 6:08am On Aug 06, 2014
Black beauty. Black is our African Pride cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by 9jahubcom(m): 6:08am On Aug 06, 2014
hmmmm..am i really that black

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by andy24(m): 6:09am On Aug 06, 2014
That's the black man's spirit.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 06, 2014
NOTHING wrong with being black.

but in terms of progress, we are our own worst enemies.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Sweetcollins: 6:11am On Aug 06, 2014
There is nothing wrong in being black...only racism
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 06, 2014
The only thing that is wrong being black is the low self esteem mentality black people have!!

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Kalvan50: 6:13am On Aug 06, 2014
The plight of the black man brings an old tune by UB40 to my mind:

"King(Martin Luther), where are your people now?! Chained and pacified! Tried in vain to show them how and for them you died."

Malcolm, Dr King, Stokley Carmichael, Patrice fought hard for the black man, at the end of the day, the black man is still in chains. The chains of mental slavery.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Tekzyflex(m): 6:14am On Aug 06, 2014
Jst try and watch this movie '12 years a slave',and you will weep. Blacks have really suffered from the whites,from brutality,oppression,dejection,hard labour etc. They used religion has a yardstick to oppress us more.
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Lilaex: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2014
Blacks are full of shit. With rutting leaders, and epidemic such as islam destroying the continent. Hell any race will be backward with this type of problem!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by BrAkingNews: 6:17am On Aug 06, 2014
nothing
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by freshness2020: 6:21am On Aug 06, 2014
Nothing wrong!
Am proud to be a black! Different colour but one People, one God! We re strong and intelligent, that's why the white find us as threats!
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Malakh: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Define Black then we can talk

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Princeadebayo1(m): 6:22am On Aug 06, 2014
wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2014
9jahubcom: hmmmm..am i really that black

Look at your head like agbalumo....Agbaya!
your upper-lip like croissants....

13 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 06, 2014
tonychristopher: In the past years the state of the Black person globally has become paramount on my mind. I have observed that wherever Black people are, whether it is Australia – among the Aborigines, Africa, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, or North America, we seem to belong at the bottom of the pile,or the bottom of the pyramid, economically, socially, physically, mentally, etc. It makes one ask several questions:*.What is responsible for these 2,000 years of “Black backwardness”?*.Why do we seem to fail even where we arein the majority?*.Is the Black man victimized; and is he a victim of his own circumstances, pathologies, or of other people’s opinions and decisions?*.Have Blacks always been this way?*.Are we descended from “Kunta Kinteh” or from kings?*.If Blacks are not cursed, what did they do to deserve almost 2,000 years of oppression, lack, etc?*.What is responsible for Africa being the richest continent and yet inhabited by the poorest people?*.If Black means only one sixteenth of skin, why are Blacks un-able to overcome the “victimitis” or pressure that comes with it?*.Is there a conspiracy to keep Blacks at thebottom?*.Why do Black nations constitute the biggest borrower nations?*.If Blacks are not cursed, is their land cursed?*.Africans are religious by nature, and where they have become Christians they have been committed. Why are they still not making progress?*.Why is there such a gap between White dominated and Black dominated nations?*.What are the pathologies responsible for the state of Blacks in different settings?*.Can there be healing to the atrocities committed against Blacks in the past?*.Some African nations have the highest number of educated citizens, yet Africa in modern times has not contributed significantly to discoveries or inventions.*.What is the future of the Black person?*.If there is a future, what is the key to that future?*.When will the Black man’s day of manifestation come?

Op you are totally wrong in some aspect, economic wise Black countries are poor but mentally body is equal, there is no curse anywhere, its not due to slavery or any other thing, but it is due to greed. The mind of an average African mind is filled with greed, the average African man want to be better than the rest, so therefore he careless to provide jobs just so that the man he tagged poor will not be richer than himself tomorrow. Dangote is a billionaire, but what has he done to help Nigeria?, Abacha stole billions, where did he keep the money? James Ibori went and bought estate in UK with investment, why didn't he build the estate here?

I don't blame our leaders but even the people ain't good either. Blacks are succeeding every where in different countries but the ones in the black govern countries are suffering. Go to Winnipeg Alberta Canada and see how those greedy leaders spend money on their Kids?, you will broke into tears.

My friend, the problem with Black African's is greed..

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Blackchampion(m): 6:23am On Aug 06, 2014
Who cares about dis Oyibo racism, if any think its easy to change his/her skin colour, let him/her try darkening his skin.
*******LAST BULLET*********
Am black, Am Comely cos black is beautiful.
# Blackchampion
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by 9jahubcom(m): 6:23am On Aug 06, 2014
engineerd:

Look at your head like agbalumo....Agbaya!
for ur mind, u knw say i fine pass u....blacks needs to be sincere for once

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 06, 2014
9jahubcom: for ur mind, u knw say i fine pass u....blacks needs to be sincere for once

grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by PrettySleek(f): 6:25am On Aug 06, 2014
There is nothing wrong with it. Being black is a very unique thing, God blessed us with everything but we have destroyed it. I believe you should speak for yourself as a person and not your race because you can only be sure of yourself. Your skin does not define who you are,your actions do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by thinkdip(m): 6:28am On Aug 06, 2014
Ask the black man!

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by macsika: 6:29am On Aug 06, 2014
Blacks don't crack.
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 06, 2014
Black is beautiful...God's Black..
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by leonard509(m): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2014
NOTHING ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Youngzedd(m): 6:34am On Aug 06, 2014
Observing mode activated.

Our problem is religion.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by dridowu: 6:34am On Aug 06, 2014
Space 1st
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2014
PrettySleek: There is nothing wrong with it. Being black is a very unique thing, God blessed us with everything but we have destroyed it. I believe you should speak for yourself as a person and not your race because you can only be sure of yourself. Your skin does not define who you are,your actions do.
exactly!
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by henryobinna(m): 6:36am On Aug 06, 2014
black is beautiful cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by neohitler(m): 6:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Blacks belong in the cage. Give us Africa and we'll make it another heaven on earth in five years.oh yes go ahead and call me a racist but you know it's the truth. you people can't manage your resources. I think you govt. should adopt chinese one child policy. We are tired of cleaning your sh!ts

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Being Black? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2014
Many things. Black brain,black manner,black attitude.angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Largest Ethnic Group In Africa / Origins Of The Word 'pikin' / Mysteries About IJEBU IGBO As A Town!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.