Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (37287 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by fzero: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2015
jam04:
Good morning,
The aim of the thread is not to show off or display pride but to let doubting 'thomases' know its possible to invest in catfish farming and make good income as in cool CASH. What you see on the thread is what you will get if you strictly follow the principles i outlined in the thread. Catfish rearing is like 'gabbage in gabbage out' how you raise them is the same result you will get at the end of the day.
I always hammer it on any one who care to learn, they best place to raise your fishes is earthen pond, anyone who tell you anything contrary is not raising catfish to make money worthy of saving in the bank but to sustain himself or herself and manage till he sell another round in 5 or 6 months or how best can we describe a farmer who raised 2000 fishes and at the end of 6 months got a profit of 80k? Yes it is something and a success but have you pause to ask why another farmer makes 350k from the same number of fish after 6 months?

Also forget the misconception that only 'shooters' grow very well. That's one deception i have noticed on most catfish threads on NL. I do stock all my fingerlings and i get fantastic results in fact late bloomers most time grow well that these so called shooters. They tell you because you did not buy shooters that's why your fishes didn't perform well..LIE. They won't tell you that in a pool of 50k fingerlings, shooter population might be more than 2k or 3k, so does that mean 47k left are not worthy enough to be raised? Dust away this deception anytime you read it.

Do not introduce drugs unnecessarily. I was shocked when i read a post on a thread where the suppose 'expert' advised them to mix antibiotics with fish feed to avoid infections. I wanted to counter him on that but i withdraw because i don't want to be seen as enemy of 'progress'. The truth of the matter is that most of these 'experts' are failed farmers( i have bursted one on here before, he uploaded pictures of a colleague farm as his. I called him out and i haven't seen him discuss fish again..lol) or internet farmers. Na their mouth sweet pass, infact they can raise fish from fries to 2kg table size with their mouth and downloaded script from the internet but put them on a physical farm they mess up and ruin it. Baba olaniyan lost 47million( yes there are people who invest as much as this in catfish farming) to one of them internet 'guru'.
The additives added to fish feed have antibiotics, infact some of them are antibiotics on their own and you don't have to introduce external antibiotics to your fishes if you do not notice considerable infection spread in a pond.

In conclusion, any so called fish 'consultant' who says he can help you run your fish farm is a failed farmer or unsuccessful on his own farm or which successful farmer will leave his or her own farm and come over to manage another man's own? Don't fall for the ' i will put one of my staffs on the farm ' format. It is a scam, they are out to ruin and 'suck' you dry. The best consultancy is setup-train-transfer method. The consultant help set up the farm for you, train your recruited staff and transfer the management to your staff after some months. He or she isn't involved with the daily running of the farm but your staffs, they only need his or her expertise advice and supervision.

Happy farming

chairman leave story, u cant tell me all those photos u hv been posting is your farm, how large is your farm that u harvest all the time and table size fish for that matter, we are not kids. its like u go around farms snapping and post, but i hope you have your own farm.. Don't forget you where busted by mecylicious after u lied about a picture you posted before that u later apologised it was a mix up..fair ado
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by ade2008(m): 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
fzero:

chairman leave story, u cant tell me all those photos u hv been posting is your farm, how large is your farm that u harvest all the time and table size fish for that matter, we are not kids. its like u go around farms snapping and post, but i hope you have your own farm.. Don't forget you where busted by mecylicious after u lied about a picture you posted before that u later apologised it was a mix up..fair ado
The guy get too much sweet mouth. He is only after the eBook he will sell on this platform. He is using bait and catch method. Even if you look at some of the pictures he uploaded, you will see that it has be doctored with the faces of the people hidden.

2 Likes

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
fzero:

Do you seriously think i have time to explain things to you?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
ade2008:

The guy get too much sweet mouth. He is only after the eBook he will sell on this platform. He is using bait and catch method. Even if you look at some of the pictures he uploaded, you will see that it has be doctored with the faces of the people hidden.

Hahaha.. I guess you are one of them wailers. Those who are pained i didn't sell the Ebook to them. Keep the jabs coming,i have had more bitter jabs than this from your types.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Babs612000(m): 5:31am On Nov 04, 2015
Jesusbaby6:

Sorry i am not into pond construction, i was asking a question myself
Okay thanks a lot.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Babs612000(m): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2015
jam04:
We have fingerlings for sale...just 6000 pieces.

15 naira per one

Olayiwola farms
Hello please l want to start catfish farming in Abeokuta have got land already all l just want to know is like how much
Do l need to start with and also need someone that will be looking after the farm as times goes on we will introduce pigs or snails into d farming.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2015
Babs612000:
Hello please l want to start catfish farming in Abeokuta have got land already all l just want to know is like how much
Do l need to start with and also need someone that will be looking after the farm as times goes on we will introduce pigs or snails into d farming.

Financials depends on the size you intend to start with, pond type and general set up. 80% of consumable cost goes into feeding while the rest are fixed assets, fees and miscellaneous. So whatever your plan is know that cost of feed will get a huge chunk (80%) from your budget.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
Got 126 pieces of these from my pond. I intend to sell tomorrow so i sort them out and got these. The fishes in this particular pond are very strong and move very well, so im not surprised i could get 126 of this. Amazing is an understatement. I did a video of them in action, if network is good enough i will upload it here

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2015
Bright morning it is..you remember the sorting 3 days ago? Well the sales is happening today as buyers already made payment yesterday. We are selling 2 buses. This is our final sales for the year.
A kilo is 550..will update with pictures when they get here wink
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 3:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Sales

1 Share

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 3:30am On Nov 20, 2015
I had low battery so i couldn't snap early..they bought 2 tons which filled 2 buses. This closes sale for the year till February.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 3:38am On Nov 20, 2015
'Sideeyes' at those who say i go around farms to snap photos..hahahah. I guess i photoshopped their fish sales and place it at my farm entrance abi? Lmao cheesy cheesy. How will you achieve good results when you feed your fishes maggots and chicken waste. Hehehehhe. Yours is even better, someone have once 'accused' me of using jaz to boost my fish size.
Every business has it's secret, forget the sweet stories you read online.

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 3:40am On Nov 20, 2015
Here..

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 22, 2015
If you want to get tarpauline pond very cheap,go to Osisioma at Aba.It's very cheap there.
Olemabu:
PLEASE ANY ONE SELLING TRAUPOLINE PONDS IN PORT HARCOURT SHOULD PLEASE CONTACT ME.... PLS QUOTE ME WHEN REPLYING... THNKS
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
Another farmer just learned his lesson the hard way. He gave the daily running of his farm to a 'consultant'..lol. I will highlight the common shortcuts fish farmers do take and they expect results. I laugh when I see them with these practice(s)
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by row2ray(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
how long woild it take to attain fish of 2kg and above. i know someone who gets that in 5 months.. any secret to it... anyone in the house with info on this pls share

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2015
Pls can anyone help with a fish business plan nt more than 2m we can talk on 08162572799
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:04am On Dec 07, 2015
row2ray:
how long woild it take to attain fish of 2kg and above. i know someone who gets that in 5 months.. any secret to it... anyone in the house with info on this pls share

It is impossible to attain such weight in 5 months. What you will likely have is few 1% or 2% of your total stock get to 2kg at the end of 5 months

1 Like

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2016
2016 race started the moment we shouted 'happy new year '. Don't be let out of 2016, refuse to be overtaken. Take advantage now

Regards
Penthouse industry limited(Rc 418942)
08090938426,olulay@yahoo.com
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by akwala: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
Pls lets be realistic and practical on our post.we should not decieve those willing to start on this journey
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
akwala:
Pls lets be realistic and practical on our post.we should not decieve those willing to start on this journey
Who has deceive you so far? undecided
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by akwala: 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
One thing about succes in business is the will power to start. Funnily the ideas u gather will just be enough for you to start, make ur mistakes and gradually carve out ur success path.fish farm isn't different. My first,2nd and 3rd trials using concrete ponds (1000 juvenile) ended up in loss.35,000; 32,000 and 25,000. Invested btw 450,000 and 500,000. In all these I have tried imported feed(copens/multifeed/durantee) mixed with Nigerian made feeds. Mostly Nigerian feed sha becos of cost.also tried chicken intestine bla bla bla.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by akwala: 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lesson learnt.
1)don't expect much profit as a starter,if u make a loss nofin spoil.
2) don't cut cost when it comes to feeding. Also do not waste ur feed.
3) feeds that dissolve quickly gives little yield
4) constant water supply is very very important.
5) start small(500 pieces), start strong, be optimistic and be focused. Do it itself.(the secret is dat if it is not lucrative people will not still be doing the business)
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
Its good you learnt your lesson and it has help you become a better farmer.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
We are pleased to announce our exotic
catfish fingerlings and juveniles. They were
hatched and raised under the best
conditions.

There movement is fantastic

They eat well( picking 0.9 and 1mm
conveniently)

We have over 20,000 pcs for sale.

Fingerlings.....15 naira

Juvenile..........25 naira

Olayiwola farms

Olulay@yahoo.com
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
Selling..15,000 in stock
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
While some are complaining of poor price we bless GOD. Generally fish price has drop and most catfish farmers are not smiling.

February sales is loading..we are selling soon. What is your experience?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
jam04:
We are pleased to announce our exotic catfish fingerlings and juveniles. They were hatched and raised under the best conditions.
There movement is fantastic
They eat well( picking 0.9 and 1mm conveniently)
We have over 20,000 pcs for sale.
Fingerlings.....15 naira
Juvenile..........25 naira
Olayiwola farms
Olulay@yahoo.com
. Location pls
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 2:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
akwala:
Lesson learnt.
1)don't expect much profit as a starter,if u make a loss nofin spoil.
2) don't cut cost when it comes to feeding. Also do not waste ur feed.
3) feeds that dissolve quickly gives little yield
4) constant water supply is very very important.
5) start small(500 pieces), start strong, be optimistic and be focused. Do it itself.(the secret is dat if it is not lucrative people will not still be doing the business)

Spot on #gbam
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by BELEXYFARMS(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
jam04:

It is impossible to attain such weight in 5 months. What you will likely have is few 1% or 2% of your total stock get to 2kg at the end of 5 months

Exactly... Plz tell them. Some pple will stock from jumbo and will attain weights in that range but they wont tell you it was jumbo stocked. Some will keep the fish longer than 5months but wont tell u. Before even attaining such weight, one needs very good fast growing seeds wt very good feeding wt quality feed.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
meflow:
. Location pls

Abeokuta
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by chilanfarms(m): 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
jam04:

Abeokuta
# Wher in Abeokuta ma Oga Jam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Forgotten Groundnut Pyramids Of Northern Nigeria (Photos) / My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics) / Harvest From A Nairalander's Peasant Farm (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.