Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,431 members, 7,800,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. (37258 Views)

The Chronicles Of An Enthusiastic Agriprenure / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / Short Report: How To Start Cat-fish Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by zagu: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2015
jam04:
After a brief participation in few cat fish threads, i get LOTS of calls and emails requesting for one info or the other. these informations i gladly provided. most of these people requested that i package a kind of book or a blog for them where they can get practical and real time info which is applicable on their farm.

One factor i noticed is that 99% of all those that made contact really thought making money from cat fish farming is easy and quick. i also notice most of these people really do not have the time to practice this themselves and are ready to get an 'experienced' hand to do the business for them. which experienced hand will help handle an another man's business knowing fully well that the owner is not always around? i laugh at such gullibility!!! or how can we explain someone that called me from Akure, he said he has 4m to invest in cat fish back in his home-town state somewhere in Abia, but he doesn't have time to monitor it and he got an 'experienced' consultant who will manage it for him and the consultant promise him a monthly average of 2m. hahahahahhaa. or a man who said he was sold a chemical booster that when poured inside the water, will help his fishes grow? he lost over 15m. yes you read it right, 15,000,0000(15 million). i visited the farm in Owerri( orlu ) and i saw things for myself. i didn't believe what i saw my people!!!.

After over 4 PRACTICAL years experience in fish farming( i graduated from a university of agriculture and i did over 5 fishery courses) , i have come to realise every aspiring cat fish farmer needs a reference hand book to help them. it will be a reference manual after practical experience Due to popular demand, i have put together an E-book for those that want to really know the secret of successful cat fish farmers. yes, every business has its secret and cat fish farming is not exempted. most fish farmers operate at a subsistence level and hardly make substantial profit from fish sales.

Let me set the record straight, this E-book is not for everyone..YES you read me right,i dont intend to sell to everyone even when you have the money to buy( it is not cheap either). you have to pass my interview and test before i decide to sell to you and i have sold 3 copies so far( NL tsunami wiped out the last thread) and have 7 copies left to share out.Not every successful business is ready or quick to sell his/her business secret.. or have you seen 1? i was dared by some pple here to produce successful farmers like myself and that they will like to hear their success stories, this is why i decided to sell just 10 copies and have a team of successful farmers around me. so lets see who will pass my test and have one of these copies

Just like i did on the other thread, you are very much free to ask any question and i will gladly answer. one thing has changed though, i wont entertain private phone questions, any questions you have should be shared on the thread, so that others can learn as well. so lets hear your farm stories. i shall be sharing experiences i have when i visited other people's farm. they are mind boggling.. i tell you. one farm i visited in the East, wasted over 15m on cat fish and didnt see anything to show for it after 6 months.. yes you read me right, 15 cool million naira. i was once in his boot but mine was just 5 million. i shall share the details as we progress on the thread.

cheers
Olayiwola farms( A division of penthouse industries)
olulay@yahoo.com
just in the house. and also a catfish farmer.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by wahleymanutd: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
@jam04, nice thread u ve created....frm d pix above its clear u practice wat u preached!!...m also in d fish biz wt less dan a yr xperience!!...m rili interested in learnin aw to hatch md breed, i dont kno if u offer trainings in dz respect...
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
wahleymanutd:
@jam04, nice thread u ve created....frm d pix above its clear u practice wat u preached!!...m also in d fish biz wt less dan a yr xperience!!...m rili interested in learnin aw to hatch md breed, i dont kno if u offer trainings in dz respect...
Thanks for the compliment. This year makes it the 5th year I have been active in fish farming business. I started with just a pond of 2000 fishes and by the grace of God, you can see where I am today in pond and fish numbers. I have had challenges and infact, I lost money in my first year. I repackaged myself, learnt where I failed and I went for practical training from successful farmers. This is what most farmers in the business fail to realise. There is so much to learn about successful catfish breeding than the vague believe that is been paraded online.
Yes we offer practical training on hatching. Send me mail and I will give you details. I will attach some of section of our hatchery now.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by wahleymanutd: 9:56am On Mar 02, 2015
kk....i tink i ve ur contact, wud send u a message via email or whatsaap....weldon wt d gud wrk
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
our hatchery as promised...

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
another one... we have 60 hatchery troughs.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
these fishes are going on Wednesday. average size is 2.5kg at 24 weeks old. they are product from our hatchery. you are so certain of your adult fishes when you know the source of the seeds. our fishes are envy of competitors because we do not sell our fingerlings, except of very 'special' occasion grin. or if i tell you to come buy fingerling for 35 naira wont you run? lol

see how the pond looks so natural and colorful like a natural river

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
forget paper and internet farmers. this is the real deal here...we do what we write about. this pond has 4500 fishes @ 15 weeks. size of pond is 30m by 30m by 4ft.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Jesusbaby6(f): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
hello

How will a novice identify runts when buying fingerlings or juveniles?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
hello

u can identify it if they can pick 2mm feeds oooooo u can identify them vividly if they av white spot in their head hmmm
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:19am On Mar 03, 2015
Jesusbaby6:
hello

Runts have flat head and thin body. Particularly check their head
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by olinto: 1:37pm On Mar 03, 2015
@jam04,pls I want to start hatchery on small scale. Pls Wat r d tins needed and cost to start on small scale in my compound. thanx
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
olinto:
@jam04,pls I want to start hatchery on small scale. Pls Wat r d tins needed and cost to start on small scale in my compound. thanx
The most important thing is water Ph.. Check your water ph to be sure of its suitable dor hatching
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by pathology(m): 10:38am On Mar 04, 2015
jam04:
these fishes are going on Wednesday. average size is 2.5kg at 24 weeks old. they are product from our hatchery. you are so certain of your adult fishes when you know the source of the seeds. our fishes are envy of competitors because we do not sell our fingerlings, except of very 'special' occasion grin. or if i tell you to come buy fingerling for 35 naira wont you run? lol

. weldone, do u use local feed or foreign
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:51pm On Mar 04, 2015
pathology:
. weldone, do u use local feed or foreign

I use both. Foreign for the first 2 months
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
Sales ongoing..will upload story and pictures later..ciao.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 05, 2015
jam04:

@jamp, @ this point, i dont know if i shld believe you again.These are the same pics you posted last year august 2014 as your farm. This time, you are posting same pics as fish you are abt to harvest.

4 Likes

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2015
mercylicious:

@jamp, @ this point, i dont know if i shld believe you again.These are the same pics you posted last year august 2014 as your farm. This time, you are posting same pics as fish you are abt to harvest.

Seeing is believing. I will give you the priviledge to come see out farm( you are the first nl'er to be given such opportunity). The photo was a mix up.

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by excess4luv: 8:29am On Mar 05, 2015
@ Jam04, kudos for ur time, and congrats @ ur work, plz i need ur advice, i have flair for fish farming, my challenge is that the compound is not secured, i have one small concrete tank, formally used for water storage, but i want to try out with 50 juveniles or lesser, there is also water supply in place, what size of feed and product is good. I need general advice on how to start.
NB: am not rushing for profits yet but to learn the rudimentary.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:12am On Mar 05, 2015
excess4luv:
@ Jam04, kudos for ur time, and congrats @ ur work, plz i need ur advice, i have flair for fish farming, my challenge is that the compound is not secured, i have one small concrete tank, formally used for water storage, but i want to try out with 50 juveniles or lesser, there is also water supply in place, what size of feed and product is good. I need general advice on how to start.
NB: am not rushing for profits yet but to learn the rudimentary.
The size of feed depends on the age of your seeds, could be juvenile or fingerlings. Since this is just a test case, start with fingerlings. Difficult to manage but with time you will perfect it. Start with 0.5mm coppens for the first week and if good progress is observed move to 0.7mm in the 2nd week. I finish off with durante as soon as they are able to pick 1.2mm feed and i use durante for 1month before switching to local feed. In your own case i wont advice you to use local feed atall
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by excess4luv: 3:48am On Mar 06, 2015
@ Jam04 thanx so much, putting my thoughts together to work out security measures for the compound
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Pond network

Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 9:14am On Mar 09, 2015
just a preview...
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by oluwasuski: 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice thread, I will love to visit your farm someday, I'm a fish farmer too but I'm strictly into hatching, however I'm thinking about adding grow outs and I'm interested in the earthen ponds like you said no farmer knows all... To any prospective buyer, I have ijebu and post fingerlings in large quantities. I can be contacted on 08126562314 or 08164350140
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
oluwasuski:
Nice thread, I will love to visit your farm someday, I'm a fish farmer too but I'm strictly into hatching, however I'm thinking about adding grow outs and I'm interested in the earthen ponds like you said no farmer knows all... To any prospective buyer, I have ijebu and post fingerlings in large quantities. I can be contacted on 08126562314 or 08164350140

okay bro... happy sales
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by excess4luv: 6:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Please profs in the house, i have gone for survey on fingerlings and juvenile, the price seems different in my area, fingerlings goes for #30 while juvenile goes for #40-50, coppen starter feed sells at #6000, and #1200 for a kilo, now my question is, are these prices good to go with?? Again i bought the white plastic tank of 250liters, how many fingerlings will it contain comfortably @ least for 2 months, what is the estimated expenses on feed for the two months. Please my OGAs and Madams ur analysis and guidance is needed as i intend to kick off by ending of the month.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by fzero: 10:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
mercylicious:

you dey mind the guy.. posting the same pix all over again deceiving himself. his last thread befor NL crash he was selling his manual at a ridiculous price to gullible people.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:06am On Mar 10, 2015
fzero:

you dey mind the guy.. posting the same pix all over again deceiving himself. his last thread befor NL crash he was selling his manual at a ridiculous price to gullible people.
I guess you are among the many i turned down on the Ebook. The manual isnt for everyone, the purpose of the manual isnt money driven but purpose.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 5:16am On Mar 10, 2015
excess4luv:
Please profs in the house, i have gone for survey on fingerlings and juvenile, the price seems different in my area, fingerlings goes for #30 while juvenile goes for #40-50, coppen starter feed sells at #6000, and #1200 for a kilo, now my question is, are these prices good to go with?? Again i bought the white plastic tank of 250liters, how many fingerlings will it contain comfortably @ least for 2 months, what is the estimated expenses on feed for the two months. Please my OGAs and Madams ur analysis and guidance is needed as i intend to kick off by ending of the month.
That tank will hold 500 fingerlings for 2 months.for the 2 months, budget 40k for their feeding during this period. Besides, why are you using tank?
That coppen price is on the high side, infact very high. Why not try durante?
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by Johnnyessence(m): 6:56am On Mar 10, 2015
jam04:

That tank will hold 500 fingerlings for 2 months.for the 2 months, budget 40k for their feeding during this period. Besides, why are you using tank?
how much is durante hmmmm is it an imported feed too hmmmm.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by excess4luv: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2015
jam04:

500 fingerlings, what of the price, is it OK? What feed size should i start with and for how long.
Re: Cat Fish Enthusiastic Farmers/lovers Come In Here And Lets Discuss. by jam04(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Johnnyessence:
how much is durante hmmmm is it an imported feed too hmmmm.
Durante is an internatonal brand with company here in Nigeria. They also have big fish ponds in oyo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Became A Fulani Herdsman For A Day|Their Lifestyle (Video) / The Forgotten Groundnut Pyramids Of Northern Nigeria (Photos) / My Step By Step Journey Into Poultry Business ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.