Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities (80530 Views)

11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) / Aerial Views Of Nigerian Cities / Name 10 Best Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:19am On Aug 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: lmfao 200 millions ah ah thats peanut money my friend , you cant Even build a good road + such aid does not go in infrastructure development. Nigeria is a self build country just Like most african countries, this against all odds..foreign aid my foot
The side been given is not used for their purposes. It's stolen by the leadership. You love that when your president is sick , he runs to Europe for treatment . Mandela was sick for few years, he got the best of medical care in his country. Tinubu had his knee operated on at university of Chicago hospital here. That's a shame. Imagine countless Nigerians that have died unnecessarily due to poor medical help. My parents are here now because my father had a medical problem. I made my sister who is a Doctor go to Lagos and brought them here, I don't want to loose them before their God given time. So know what you are saying. I prày to God Nigeria improves because I want to share my retirement between here and Nigeria.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:21am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: so anyone who doesn't support your mediocrity is termed "Caveman albino" " self hating Negro" "half breed" "inferiority complex" "taxi driver in the US ?
my mediocrity? Lmfaooo caveman ..the op made this thread To tackle the biased western imperialist and supremacist media houses, so i dont need or care about your mediocrity bs ...nigeria is beautiful and if you dont Like it cry me a river

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:22am On Aug 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: no but do you mind telling me where they are non existent ? Nigeria is Still a poor country/developing country ..when we Will reach trillions as gdp we CAN discuss till we manage what we have
How will your GDP reach trillions if they are stealing the commonwealth dry ?. They are still discovering some of the stolen money Abacha hid in Europe.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 06, 2014
____
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by SpcAgtOko: 5:23am On Aug 06, 2014
LDS temple shouldn't count.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:27am On Aug 06, 2014
Lucasbalo: The side been given is not used for their purposes. It's stolen by the leadership. You love that when your president is sick , he runs to Europe for treatment . Mandela was sick for few years, he got the best of medical care in his country. Tinubu had his knee operated on at university of Chicago hospital here. That's a shame. Imagine countless Nigerians that have died unnecessarily due to poor medical help. My parents are here now because my father had a medical problem. I made my sister who is a Doctor go to Lagos and brought them here, I don't want to loose them before their God given time. So know what you are saying. I prày to God Nigeria improves because I want to share my retirement between here and Nigeria.

Social amenities are bad in Africa, but we are getting there
+most nigerians receive medical treatment in nigeria, i doubt politicians represent +1% of the population, and the ones doing it , do it because of lack of trust or simple paranoia, you never know an APC nurse CAN givre jonah a lethal injection

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:29am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: how exactly has the media been biased towards africa? I do not believe the notion .
1. even if you put up those photos upload by the OP on cnn, no one is going to be in awe, they'll know that's africa because the pictures look mediocre and backward like Nigeria.
yawns ..jus t dont quote me anymore

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 06, 2014
___
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by chukxie(m): 5:32am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo: LOL- I know some people will call me out for calling those pictures mediocre- but it's just the plain truth
So in all your minds those pictures represent what a beautiful city should look like ko? @Especially the op- If we dont do things the way things are done in other parts of the world, then we will continue to lag behind the ROTW (rest f th wrld)
those pictures look dirty and shanty- learn from countries like Malaysia that were in a worse position that majority of African countries before, but are now slowly catching up to western standards.

Stop celebrating MEDIOCRITY, MY NAIJA PEOPLE!

This thread is about appreciating the little we have. It's about showing the world that we have houses and don't live on trees. It's about showing the world that we do have some good roads and infrastructures in place albeit not comparable to what one would find in advanced countries. It's about showing the world that Nigeria and indeed all Africa isn't all about hunger, hungry faces, poverty, lack etc, as perpetually portrayed by western media. If you don't like the thread, please do yourself and us a big favour by starting a thread about the woes of Nigeria and Africa. In the meantime allow those of us who enjoy 'mediocrity' to appreciate the pictures the Op uploaded.

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:34am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: how exactly has the media been biased towards africa? I do not believe the notion .
1. even if you put up those photos upload by the OP on cnn, no one is going to be in awe, they'll know that's africa because the pictures look mediocre and backward like Nigeria.
Gbam. Let's agree my friend that the western media is biased, how does that affect all this inept African leaders siphoning billions of dollars meant for the people into their personal bank accounts. You go beyond media bias and do the right thing so your people will remember you positively after you are gone. Mandela was worth about 4 million dollars after his death. A local govt. Chairman is worth much more than that in Nigeria. I hope Nigerians rise up against this tyrants.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:34am On Aug 06, 2014
Lucasbalo: How will your GDP reach trillions if they are stealing the commonwealth dry ?. They are still discovering some of the stolen money Abacha hid in Europe.
our gdp is growing slowly because of western imperialist companies and institutions Like imf and world bank , which. Are determined on keeping us poor... Agreed we do have selfish leaders,,but hey they are maintened by the sAme westerners who do not hesitate To kill the good ones ...btw what abacha "stole" is nothing compared To what Shell or total are stealing
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 06, 2014
___
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:38am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: If you go on google and type "Uyo' you will see pictures below.
if Cnn OR bbc is doing a report on Uyo,are they going to go film the previous picture and use it as Uyo?
stop quoting me,,i told you already, i do not care about the thougts or ideas of a caveman albino, keep them for yourself..you scratched skin mongrel

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 06, 2014
____
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:39am On Aug 06, 2014
chukxie:

This thread is about appreciating the little we have. It's about showing the world that we have houses and don't live on trees. It's about showing the world that we do have some good roads and infrastructures in place albeit not comparable to what one would find in advanced countries. It's about showing the world that Nigeria and indeed all Africa isn't all about hunger, hungry faces, poverty, lack etc, as perpetually portrayed by western media. If you don't like the thread, please do yourself and us a big favour by starting a thread about the woes of Nigeria and Africa. In the meantime allow those of us who enjoy 'mediocrity' to appreciate the pictures the Op uploaded.

Amen
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:44am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: I don't think Nigeria will develop to be a first world nation in the next 500 years . I am very very very sure of that .
bastard ..why do you Even care in the first place?

Your people are already taking overcrowded boats To go in angola, trying To escape poverty stricken europe, ...we shall see in the next decade, you will go back To piracy and senseless war,only things you are good @ ..stay here keep hating shilenEurope is crumbling

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:44am On Aug 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Social amenities are bad in Africa, but we are getting there
+most nigerians receive medical treatment in nigeria, i doubt politicians represent +1% of the population, and the ones doing it , do it because of lack of trust or simple paranoia, you never know an APC nurse CAN givre jonah a lethal injection
I want to like you so bad but your reasoning scares me. In august of 2008 I was rushed to the hospital by my wife and was inebriated for 3 weeks and was sick for 4 months. A Nigeria Doctor told me I should thank my stars I didn't fall sick in Nigeria . The funny thing is that I was getting ready to come to Lagos on business before I fell sick. Imagine someone on a life support machine for 3 weeks with all the PHCN palaver. My siblings and I spent close to 2 million Naira on our dad before my sister came to pick my parents up. He was even misdiagonised at a top hospital in lagos Island. If that's the kind of country you want, good luck.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:47am On Aug 06, 2014
Lucasbalo: I want to like you so bad but your reasoning scares me. In august of 2008 I was rushed to the hospital by my wife and was inebriated for 3 weeks and was sick for 4 months. A Nigeria Doctor told me I should thank my stars I didn't fall sick in Nigeria . The funny thing is that I was getting ready to come to Lagos on business before I fell sick. Imagine someone on a life support machine for 3 weeks with all the PHCN palaver. My siblings and I spent close to 2 million Naira on our dad before my sister came to pick my parents up. He was even misdiagonised at a top hospital in lagos Island. If that's the kind of country you want, good luck.
there are enough threads on Power shortage & co, quit hating and stop shoving your negativity down my throat, this is def not the purpose of this thread...how old is nigeria? Please remind me
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:47am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: I don't think Nigeria will develop to be a first world nation in the next 500 years . I am very very very sure of that . only outsiders can transform Nigeria and africa.
Unfortunately you are right but I am still hopeful . It's very painful to see Nigeria as a third world instead of a developing country. I believe in miracle. Massive revolution to cleanse the land is needed.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:52am On Aug 06, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: there are enough threads on Power shortage & co, quit hating and stop shoving your negativity down my throat, this is def not the purpose of this thread...how old is nigeria? Please remind me
I do this out of deep love I have for Nigeria . I probably have more at stake in Nigeria than you if she goes belly up. So , you seems like you are just a rabble rouser trying to hedge people on. Anyway, nice chatting with you and God bless. It's about midnight here.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 06, 2014
___

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Lucasbalo(m): 5:56am On Aug 06, 2014
BadBoy25: these guys are a joke,it's just a shame . the main reason why I say nigeria will not be a first world nation in 500 years time is because they've wasted all these time . the oil will not always be there. you cannot develop with only agriculture . Nigeria had the opportunity to develop with Free Oil money but blew it.
in fact I'm leaving this forum,these guys are too stvpid it actually makes me depressed .
You are right buddy. Some people are just stuck on stupidity. This are guys that never see beyond their hometowns and Lagos or Abuja . So that's their level of intellect. How do you want them to reason rationally ?.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by WIZGUY69(m): 6:01am On Aug 06, 2014
I WANT TO HELP THE OP.
OSOGBO.....................

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 06, 2014
chulla12:

Look at you! Aren't the so-called wicked people in power a reflection of the Nigerian populace? Or is it the so-called wicked people in power marauding northern Nigeria, kidnapping young girls, butchering students and bombing innocent souls for foreign religions?

Is it the wicked people in power who are scamming people from place to place in the South, engaging in ritual killings, fake pastoring, armed robberies, prostitution, female endangerment/discriminations?

Is it the so-called wicked people in power who are responsible for the lax, sub-par quality of all manners of services from the mama-put joint to so-called private "hospitals?"

There is little to no innovation or invention in our youths. We spend days formulating the best ways to instigate tribalism and petty country/country competitions in social networks, instead of actually networking, coming up with exciting start-ups, scientific ideas, and productive discussions. Outside social media, our youths engage in cultism, kill, fight wars, rape, abuse, rob, prostitute, scam, deceive one another. The so called educated ones among us run away to foreign lands and are content to watch their home countries suffer while they play second fiddle to other races, working mediocre 9-5 shifts or (at worst) engaging in menial and degrading jobs despite their so-called PHDs.

Nigeria and Africa at large is a failure, and you and I are very involved in our collective woes. No amount of image laundering in this thread will deviate from the bitter truth. A clueless race is what we are!

Don't blame sh*t on our leaders only!

You mean this. Well, if a youth decides not to develop himself, he has a future to contend with and himself to blame.

Idleness is taking a toll on Nigerian youth and the GSM network providers are the toll collectors providing data on pay as you go basis to keep them driving busy on the internet...
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by InvertedHammer: 6:08am On Aug 06, 2014
/
In the real sense of it, only Lagos comes close to what will be considered a city. And any semblance of city is killed by the ineptitude of NEPA.

Abuja is a glorified village. The Central District in Abuja is a huge joke a la haphazard collection of buildings with no planning.
Where is downtown FCT? Your guess is as good as mine. A typical downtown will have bustling "activities" day and night. I mean
street bars, clubs, shopping outlets, etc. Central District Abuja becomes a ghost town after 7pm.

Ordinarily, I will not want to engage in this discussion lest I be called names. But we know...truth hurts.

And don't even give me that crap about Nigeria is only 54 years. When did Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, or even China turn around?
When it comes to development, they latch onto the 54 years excuse. But when it comes to taking jumbo salaries, the 54 years only
excuse becomes muted. And the retar.ded citizens join the chorus.

\
/

\
A night view of my city: Long Beach, California

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 06, 2014
___
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Heamah: 6:17am On Aug 06, 2014
Walphem: some people criticizing the pix has mediocre or something terrible... why don't you make some effort also use your smartphone(s) and take some pix and also put it online.

It is because some are born to criticise and will die doing same. They never leave same spot. The best bet is to ignore them. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by iterator25: 6:24am On Aug 06, 2014
lagos

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by InvertedHammer: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ww-fo4Nyeso/Uoa5gHW-Q1I/AAAAAAAADDE/UU_EHCDQfrQ/s1600/dubai+1990+2013+dubai+city+travel+turquia+j%C3%B3ias+linda+rica+loira+nathaly+petckowiichy.jpg[/img]

/
The making of Dubai...where your politicians run to live.

\

And 20 years later...VOILA DUBAI!!!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by InvertedHammer: 6:57am On Aug 06, 2014
iterator25: lagos

/
Try flying into Lagos at night and you will understand why it is a one-eyed man among the blind.

You missed the point.

Every country in the world has a few cities with tall buildings.

Even freaking Cote D'Ivoire as seen below:

/

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Ranoscky(m): 7:16am On Aug 06, 2014
Beauriful.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities by Sagamite(m): 7:17am On Aug 06, 2014
Bororojo:

Nigerians in Nigeria have very low stanards, didn't you know that before now? lmao
You see a governor paving a road that has been non-motorable for 20 years. After the job is "done" the so called "new" road would have no signs, no embankments, no drainage, no side walk for pedestrians, even the tarring quality is nothing to write home about.....
but you will see people shouting and jubilating, drumming and bowing- blowing "so so and so" governor's horns, like they just discovered the road leading to paradise.....

And it would be at the same or higher cost than similar road constructions in the West. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The thing that makes me laugh the most is these leaders hardly ever disclose the cost of the constructions or purchases they make when they publicly launch it in fanfare and the fcktards never bother to consider that before screaming "FRESH AIR". grin grin grin

Reetardeen Jonathan recently bought 2 1950s second-hand trains that were repainted for the 20 million Lagosians and person Rossike on NL was jubilating, calling it "Success in the making". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria / The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.