Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop (1689 Views)

Sites Not Opening From Office: 4shared,facebook And So On / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Problem: Some Websites Not Opening With Starcomms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
I notice that webpage such as Jumia, Konga and also Aliexpress has not been opening on my new Asus laptop.
What settings should i alter?
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
feminineA: I notice that webpage such as Jumia, Konga and also Aliexpress has not been opening on my new Asus laptop.

What Browser are U using? Does this Occur To all Browsers?
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
feminineA: I notice that webpage such as Jumia, Konga and also Aliexpress has not been opening on my new Asus laptop.

The first troubleshooting techniques I would take are clearing the cache in your browser. If that does not work, there may be firewall permissions preventing you from accessing those websites. Also, like the poster above me had said, what browser are you using?
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 5:38am On Aug 06, 2014
Tolzeal:

What Browser are U using? Does this Occur To all Browsers?

Am using firefox. Also tried it on my explorer it was the same thing.
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 5:40am On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

The first troubleshooting techniques I would take are clearing the cache in your browser. If that does not work, there may be firewall permissions preventing you from accessing those websites. Also, like the poster above me had said, what browser are you using?

How do i clear the cache on my browser please? and also go about the firewall permission

Thanks
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2014
feminineA:

How do i clear the cache on my browser please? and also go about the firewall permission

Thanks

Since You said it's Happening With your Two browsers, Then I guess There Is An Application Restricting You from Doing so? What Application could be restricting You from Naija Site oo (Thinking) Well I cant Say For Now. But Lemme Further And ask for which Antivirus Arr U using? What Error Message do U get mam?
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2014
Tolzeal:

Since You said it's Happening With your Two browsers, Then I guess There Is An Application Restricting You from Doing so? What Application could be restricting You from Naija Site oo (Thinking) Well I cant Say For Now. But Lemme Further And ask for which Antivirus Arr U using? What Error Message do U get mam?

the Anti virus is called Microsoft forefront client security. This is the error message I always get-

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 11:13am On Aug 06, 2014
feminineA:

the Anti virus is called Microsoft forefront client security. This is the error message I always get-

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

The Error It giving is a general Error. Well I will just Advice U Get Any Third party Antivirus Prolly AVAST. Install And Allow to be Main antivirus. Run The pages Again and. U might be lucky to get the open.

Am Not familiar With Security U Using.
If after Installation Of Avast and still not working Quite Ok. U can Uninstall It.
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 12:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=Tolzeal]

The Error It giving is a general Error. Well I will just Advice U Get Any Third party Antivirus Prolly AVAST. Install And Allow to be Main antivirus. Run The pages Again and. U might be lucky to get the open.

Am Not familiar With Security U Using.
If after Installation Of Avast and still not working Quite Ok. U can Uninstall It.[/quote

ok. I will try this. Thanks
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by AdelokikiMr(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
check your date and time ...smiley
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Tolzeal(m): 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
AdelokikiMr: check your date and time ...smiley

This Is no mobile Browser Bro!! and Between Your some pages are Opening
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
feminineA:

Thanks

Which browser are you using? Firefox, Internet explorer, or Google Chrome.
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 5:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

Which browser are you using? Firefox, Internet explorer, or Google Chrome.

Fire fox and internet explorer
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
feminineA:

Fire fox and internet explorer

Clearing cache in Firefox:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Clearing cache in Internet Explorer:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Now something here does not sound right. You said you are unable to access NL on either browser. Does your firewall restrict it? I don't know which firewall you use.
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by sampepe12: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
i hope this might be helpful... check the date setting of your laptop.
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

Clearing cache in Firefox:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache

Clearing cache in Internet Explorer:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Now something here does not sound right. You said you are unable to access NL on either browser. Does your firewall restrict it? I don't know which firewall you use.
I have cleared the cache still same. I use windows firewall
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by Fulaman198(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
feminineA:
I have cleared the cache still same. I use windows firewall

a) Click the Start button, click Control Panel, type Internet options in the search box, and then click Internet Options.
b) Click the Security tab, click a Restricted sites and then click Sites.

Is nairaland there?
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by AdelokikiMr(m): 9:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
Tolzeal:

This Is no mobile Browser Bro!! and Between Your some pages are Opening
I know what am talking about brov cos am a computer analyst...most times when your date is not not correct due to ur cmos battery or some mistaken changes it will stop your browser from opening most website with a response that your certificate is not valid , that was why I said you should check ur time and if it doesn't work u might need to explain further or what d response was whenever u try to browse on d browser then I would know how to help wink
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by feminineA: 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
Fulaman198:

a) Click the Start button, click Control Panel, type Internet options in the search box, and then click Internet Options.
b) Click the Security tab, click a Restricted sites and then click Sites.

Is nairaland there?

I can still acess Nairaland. Sites like konga cant be accessed.

No website on the restricted access stuff
Re: Some Webpages Are Not Opening On My Laptop by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2014

If you see this error message, you may hold your network provider responsible. They seem to enjoy migrating some subscribers to slow servers.

(1) (Reply)

Probook Hp Core I5 500gb Harddisk 70k / Clean Uk Used Dell E6420 & E5520 - 8gb Ram, 640gb Hdd, Core I5 *sold / Macbook 16" Pro M1 Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.