Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US (18778 Views)

Will you vote for Donald Trump for 5000$,black Americans react (snapshots) / Donald Trump Vows– Will Lock Museveni And Mugabe In Prison If I Become President / 'Muslims To Be Stopped From Entering US'- Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by ghettodreamz(m): 6:37am On Aug 06, 2014
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said; good suggestion conveyed in rather unfriendly and a bit offensive manner.

I really don't think stopping all flights enroute the USA from the West African region would be the solution to stopping the disease from being conveyed or transported into the U.S.

Nonetheless, I believe making all passengers from the affected regions being subjected to strict, detailed medical screening and test for the disease before they are being issued VISA or PASS to board a plane going to the states. Doing this would not only help stop the disease from entering the USA but also mitigate and stop against the wide-spread of the deadly disease within and outside the African continent.

I pray, there would be a medical research breakthrough on getting a cure for the disease someday SOON. cry

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by vicadex07(m): 6:40am On Aug 06, 2014
The truth is bitter

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 06, 2014
Toaskarity: Thats what u call passion for ur fatherland..
He really cares for his family nd friends life..
you are the definition of s t u p i d i t y.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by safarigirl(f): 6:52am On Aug 06, 2014
He's a mumu, the Liberian man that came into Nigeria came through a flight that had a stop-ove at Lome, it wasn't a direct flight from Liberia.

There's every possibility that I could take a flight from Nigeria to Kenya and then to USA, any way is a way.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Kylekent59: 6:55am On Aug 06, 2014
When the vaccine is out,I bet you ,the man will surly appeal on what he said
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by henryobinna(m): 6:56am On Aug 06, 2014
what he's saying is right tho.
this is what our govt should have done but they refused!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 06, 2014
abuayman: West Africa is Ebola abi? Useless billionaire. May God punish yhu and others alike for generalising this issue. Anyway, God please ease this calamity for us, amen
Same mouth for cursing, same mouth for asking God for help immediately? You didn't even ask for forgiveness before praying to God for help? How can your prayers work?!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by daryoor(m): 6:59am On Aug 06, 2014
the problem is not what donald trump said but who hr is and what he stands for. if donald trump even says goodmorning it will sound racist.

but it logical, it jus the same as us saying whe should stop flights from liberia because thats the only we are exposed, is that xenophobia?

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by buchibabe: 7:00am On Aug 06, 2014
grin
pros--- good for dem . Prevention is bera dan cure.

Cons..... Bad news for dose wey bn dey desperate to get visa run leave naija.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2014
It is disappointing having Donald suggest this. I mean it is the US, they can hardly ever go wrong with testing visitors from other countries (specifically-West Africa) for the virus before allowing them into the US. I get the Drs are also at risk, but even the Drs can prepare themselves properly for this exercise. Stopping flights from West Africa is simply unnecessary, he's being dramatic now-probably nursing future political plans even. I doubt the US government will agree to his suggestion tho.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Lilaex: 7:10am On Aug 06, 2014
BedLam: Donald Trash? He makes sense only when he is not talking. A fuccking right wing racist.

Don't be a fo.ol if its u would u like it to come near u nd ur family?
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Waspy(m): 7:15am On Aug 06, 2014
Donald "Dumb" is an infamous rich jackass notoriously known for his black homophobic rants angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by diarra94(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2014
the only thing fukking africans are good at is complaining and laying blames. for fukk sake, with the kind of unhygienic environments and conditions you guys are living in, it is only a matter of time before fatal diseases strike. south east asian countries were faced with the swine flu virus, they did all things possible to isolate the infected and ensure a very small number of fatalities. but the fukking black man always thinks he is disadvantaged.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Oyinbo!!! Na wa for una lifestyle oh.. which kind fear come be this one?
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Onegai(f): 7:23am On Aug 06, 2014
evegran: It is disappointing having Donald suggest this. I mean it is the US, they can hardly ever go wrong with testing visitors from other countries (specifically-West Africa) for the virus before allowing them into the US. I get the Drs are also at risk, but even the Drs can prepare themselves properly for this exercise. Stopping flights from West Africa is simply unnecessary, he's being dramatic now-probably nursing future political plans even. I doubt the US government will agree to his suggestion tho.

Human testing for a vaccine will start in the US in September and won't be ready till next year, and not in large enough doses. Last week, some Nigerians accurately predicted this and started sending their families on "holiday" out of the country. The US will soon start screening West African flights. No-one in the world can develop a vaccine or cure in large amounts, even if millions of dollars are thrown at it. They would require a lot of labs to work on it at the same time, to harvest enough doses just to treat Americans, talkless of Africans. Donald Trump is right, and in the US, UK and other countries (Singapore turned back 3 Nigerian students), people are agreeing with him. No country wants to export this.

Nigeria should have closed her borders since May. We didn't, we were careless and 2 weeks after the first patient died, we have 6 cases.

Your govt didn't even immediately quarantine the health workers who treated the Liberian, they monitored them on the phone. So their families have been exposed.

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by kingthreat(m): 7:25am On Aug 06, 2014
If only we stopped flights to and fro Liberia, we would not be in this mess. So if he thinks it will be wise to stop flights to America for awhile, not a bad idea to stop the spread. So far, curtailing the spread so far is only via quarantine.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nyikoro: 7:36am On Aug 06, 2014
BedLam: Donald Trash? He makes sense only when he is not talking. A fuccking right wing racist.
NO wonder he can't win any election..lol
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by ElPhenomenal(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2014
These foreign countries are acting so slow,the should have ban the flight since like last month,its just gonna get worse
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nyikoro: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2014
ghettodreamz: There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said; good suggestion conveyed in rather unfriendly and a bit offensive manner.

I really don't think stopping all flights enroute the USA from the West African region would be the solution to stopping the disease from being conveyed or transported into the U.S.

Nonetheless, I believe making all passengers from the affected regions being subjected to strict, detailed medical screening and test for the disease before they are being issued VISA or PASS to board a plane going to the states. Doing this would not only help stop the disease from entering the USA but also mitigate and stop against the wide-spread of the deadly disease within and outside the African continent.

I pray, there would be a medical research breakthrough on getting a cure for the disease someday SOON. cry

US is not worried about the spread of the decease, rather, how to cure the decease..Do you know how many US citizens are there in west Africa right now as we speak? If Donald T ideology is applied, what do you think will be the fate of those US citizens in west Africa? leave them behind?? Fvck them?.. Nah The USA that i know do not play such game.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by churchie(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2014
see what cool FM's OAP Daddy Freeze has to say about Donald Trump's tweets: http://halfbloodng.com/?p=917
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by emeths: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2014
when will my people begin to think and reason with their brain? ignorance of history is what is destroying us. when was ebola discovered? why the sudden spread like wildfire? why the masqurade attire by the health workers in those mostly affected region? the american doctors that brought the consignment thought they had the best protections, but lo and behold they were wrong. they are now being treated with SECRET SERUM , why secret? who is fooling who? Their previous projects are failing, and for this one (ebola) time shall tell. God is in control whether we agree or not.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by davidif: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2014
Waspy: Donald "Dumb" is an infamous rich jackass notoriously known for his black homophobic rants angry angry

Why are you hating him for speaking his mind? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by waxingmoon: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2014
Nigeria should have closed her borders since May. We didn't, we were careless and 2 weeks after the first patient died, we have 6 cases.

Your govt didn't even immediately quarantine the health workers who treated the Liberian, they monitored them on the phone. So their families have been exposed

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by davidif: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2014
evegran: It is disappointing having Donald suggest this. I mean it is the US, they can hardly ever go wrong with testing visitors from other countries (specifically-West Africa) for the virus before allowing them into the US. I get the Drs are also at risk, but even the Drs can prepare themselves properly for this exercise. Stopping flights from West Africa is simply unnecessary, he's being dramatic now-probably nursing future political plans even. I doubt the US government will agree to his suggestion tho.

What is exactly disappointing about what he said? Since when did being proactive become wrong? Please enlighten me.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Dannylux: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2014
The only way to get their attention is if themselves as infected with the deadly virus. I don't see why they would help if it poses no risk to them at all. They simply don't want no part in aiding the ailing countries.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by GatJokez(f): 7:58am On Aug 06, 2014
9jahubcom: [img]http://3.bp..com/-wxJ8tiROLCQ/U-E3PNHx-7I/AAAAAAADStI/kcbPKmLaezw/s280/DJT_Headshot_V2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-EwhnUJtUCFk/U-E3DUSWbkI/AAAAAAADSsw/WnbnaKlHaOc/s1600/a.png[/img]

How silly is this man? The outspoken billionaire businessman took to Twitter to slam the US govt for allowing flights from West Africa where the Ebola virus is spreading. See more tweets after the cut..

[img]http://4.bp..com/-P_t7ppCq5x4/U-E3DsqZ7KI/AAAAAAADSs8/g1RLxFgSY5k/s1600/c.png[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-hQcF04fqxws/U-E3EJDZ-GI/AAAAAAADSs0/0mFMqjZeuBA/s1600/b.png[/img]

I think he's high on fumes from all his billions smh!! First of all, it's too late. Second of all, it's high time the filthy rich put some of that money to good use and help fund research and administration of a cure or ways to atleast treat the disease.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2014
Thing is, he is scared and who can blame him? Mostly I dislike the guy but he has a point now. That's exactly what Nigerians want the government to do about the borders from infected country.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by WarHorse1(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2014
Whe Jesus Christ was asked what will be the signs of the last days, he said the following:

There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences;+ and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs.

The Wordweb Dictionary has the following definitions for Pestilence

1. A serious (sometimes fatal) infection of rodents caused by Yersinia pestis and accidentally transmitted to humans by the bite of a flea that has bitten an infected animal

2. Any epidemic disease with a high death rate

3. A pernicious and malign influence that is hard to get rid of

America will soon have their share of the cake.
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 06, 2014
[quote author=waxingmoon]

Your govt didn't even immediately quarantine the health workers who treated the Liberian, they monitored them on the phone. So their families have been exposed[/quote) . Really? On the phone? Chai
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by davidif: 8:02am On Aug 06, 2014
GenBuhari: Oh only now we are starting to get upset?

We better wake up fast.

I have been saying for so long that the whole Ebola hysteria is being deliberately generated by the white man to disadvantage and us in some way.

I predicted that we may be denied visas.

They may even degrade our trade with the rest of the world (and stupidly ) we may be panicked into breaking trading relationships with other African countries.

Some perspective:

Rabies is more deadly than Ebola!

Influenza is more contagious than Ebola!

Upto 500,000 die annually from Influenza.

Why are there no hysteria from BBC and CNN about Rabies and Influenza?

Make una shine your eyes well well.

What??
Re: Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US by newacca: 8:06am On Aug 06, 2014
His statement wasn't a solution proferring one. It's full of hatred. angry There are so many ways to make such statement without making victims and people of Africa feel guilty.
Na dem get the worst diseases of the world, na dem create most of them, na dem get 'cure' to most of them.

It's until when we keep on researching on our traditional herbs and medicine that we shall be free. Gbogbo oun Toluwa da, daradara ni. Including ewe ati egbo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Headquarters Evacuated Following Bomb Threat / Iran’s Guards Pull Top Officers From Syria After Israeli Strikes / North Korean Parents 'Eat Their Children' In Famine-hit State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.