Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed (1138 Views)

Nigerians Dont Care About High Mileage? - Is It True / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Are High Mileage Cars Really That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed by SLOVFO(m): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,

I found a car I am interested in buying; a 2003 Camry. The car is about 11 years old with a mileage of 214,530 .
The dealer's price is 1,350,000 naira.

I am at loss at what to do? Please advice. Do you think it is a good buy or is the mileage too high?
Re: Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 06, 2014
That's a pretty high mileage for that car if it has a service history I will advice you beat the price down a bit. That car should have an average mileage of 15k miles per year? i.e 15000 x 11years = 165000miles

Most importantly run a vin check make sure it isn't accidented.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed by sultaan(m): 2:15am On Aug 06, 2014
No good my brother, walk away it worth about half that price. There are better cars out there costing less

1 Like

Re: Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed by diehard(m): 5:53am On Aug 06, 2014
There seems to be a problem with people assuming that high mileage means bad car, which has made a lot of dealer to roll back their odometer reading. Over 50% of dealers do this.

@OP, even if you see a low mileage car it does mean the odometer was not rolled back except you do a VIN check on the car. It's very difficult to see an actual 2003 model car driven over 10year and the mileage is less that 100K.

1 Like

Re: Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed by nurey(m): 6:50am On Aug 06, 2014
When our sienna was bought the vin result came back with odo reading of 298... But the dealer rolled it back to 85000 removing 200000 plus miles.
The engine is still very sound and very fast so high mileage doesn't mean bad engine just make sure it has a good service history

2 Likes

Re: Implication Of High Mileage: Advice Needed by lonelydora: 7:09am On Aug 06, 2014
My colleague bought his 2003 Toyota Siena at about 200,000 miles, and it's upto 3 years now, no issues with the car. He always travels to Lagos/Abuja with the car. High mileage does not mean bad engine. BUT, LOOK WELL BEFORE YOU LEAP.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Your Car Plate Number If Its Valid......very Important / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By A Nigerian Guy Ahmadu Ibrahim(pics) / Shock Absorbers And Struts - Know The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.