Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* (30090 Views)

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) / A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 09, 2014
Weave installation = $55

undecided

So what happened to your natural hair. Was it in absentia? grin

Instead of using the $55 for something more constructive, you are fixing synthetic junk on your head cry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 09, 2014
Eleyi gidi gan cheesy

500k on wedding with just 15 guests?

I off my fila for you o. grin

Low budget indeed. That money will feed 50 naija families 3 square meals for 2 months.

Low budget kpo gi okwu grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by iamord(m): 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
ladygogo: pics.
The photography smiley ! Am impressed! Happy marriage life!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by abbakacici: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2014
ladygogo:

lol @dbard. 400 guests isnt low key again o! Tips? Start by cutting down on the no of guests, then you will save more on food,drinks and decor. grin

You dont have to spend a lot on your dress too. grin

At the end of the day, it all boils down to individual taste. I know i will have spent more if i had had the wedding in Naija, despite the fact that it was small.

thank you.
i dont how wedding in part of nigeria is do, but wedding in most Africa and Asia countries is family affairs so your individual taste does matter.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by sayso: 4:15am On Aug 09, 2014
another stuff to deceive gullible minds.Wedding is not marriage but a route to it.The big question is do you have the decency and love to stay it marriage with the same enthusiasm and love you had planning a low budget wedding?.Congratulation OP in advance.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by biafranqueen: 4:46am On Aug 09, 2014
bellong:

Happy Married Life Ladygogo, may your home be an habitation of peace, mutual love, respect and an example to others.

Meanwhile, by my cost standard, your wedding is still expensive grin grin.

I spent only about N850,000 for mine with guests of about 200 or more, not too sure. I took and stand and stood by it. Fortunately for me, my parents-in-inlaw are of the same ideology with me in terms of ceremony.

In America people spend that on 1 year birthday party or baby shower. I have gone to 2 sweet 15 parties for a Mexican family where they spent over $20,000. An Egyptian engagement party around the same too! Very ridiculous all the people with big expensive weddings that married when I did they are not even together now nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by biafranqueen: 4:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Op a big congrats! Always love your husband it is you and him first before family, friends etc; cook him good food, keep your slim figure cause thats how he married you and always be his freak between the sheets wink and you will stay new in his eyes like the first day you met. grin

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by InvertedHammer: 6:01am On Aug 09, 2014
/
You should have done a Drive-Through marriage in Las vegas for about $200.

The rest of the money you would have used to splurge on yourselves.

The most important thing in wedding is to get a very beautiful picture you will enlarge and put in your living room (per evidence).

Even the best wedding in the world is forgotten in 1 week. The memory fades as well.

Only the pictures live long

\

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by kuntash: 6:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Bootybuttchic: beautiful dress u had dere smiley....happily married life

so u spent 479k cheesy...its still an expensive wedding o,if it were in naija,u will still cook friedrice,buy eva wine,ur tailor will organise you of wedding dress of at most 20k,if u negotiate well, grin ....wen i saw low budget,[b][/b]i wont lie i was expecting like a less dan 100k kinda wedding.....maybe its cos of were u guys stay tho,.....so a beautiful wedding u had,may God may u people always hapy,providd u all ur heart desires,peace and harmony be yours......hml smiley

Guy you read my mind well no be small,. I wonder how many persons fit afford those kinda small setting with the annual salary of many people here in naija.

@poster, I wish you a successful union,

If u ask me however, I don't think your pictures were necessary, the breakdown was sufficient.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Engrr(m): 6:36am On Aug 09, 2014
This arrangement is only possible in Yankee not in Naija

Abeg, somebody should post Naija version grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by haibe(m): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2014
wow so cool. congrats, I wish nigerian weddings can be simple too.

#Teammarriagenotweddingceremony

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by AifyGod: 7:12am On Aug 09, 2014
I love ur dress

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by hippyzuki(f): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2014
Congrts on ur wedding dear. But I bet u could it small cos ur based in US.. Africans can nevr do a small ceremony we have large families cousins n friends... so either way my dear we must spend the key is minimalism that's all
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by omajali2003(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2014
;DWith this budget I can have two sweet weddings with a population of at least 150 folks in each reception. Sha, you dey talk dollar no be naira. What matters, though, is happiness after all is said and done. God bless you home.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by femi4: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2014
ladygogo:

To the mods. I only want this posted to the family, events and fashion section. Thank you.
Madam, you don reach fp already
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by dustydee: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2014
ladygogo:

Your wedding gown is kiss
But this is still expensive for 15 guests
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by jezsie: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Ummm.... where in Nigeria does d wedding takes place pls
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by majamajic(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2014
If I should bring everything to naira, the wedding is too expensive.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2014
Dreal1247: When most Nigerian ladies want the whole world to attend their wedding. More guests, more spending, also greater chance of catastrophe.

Don't blame them, he who hasn't worked for.money doesn't know how hard it is to make money.

I have heard two ladies who were once friends making funny remarks about people spending on weddings one said to me, " I want my wedding to be talk of town in the village ". The other one said, " Can you imagine this man's souvenirs were made of plastic ? "

None of them has a job or has earned salaries ever before, so you know where they are coming from..

Poster is a very wise lady..

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 09, 2014
oseiwe: You spent roughly N500k and just 15 guests? What about the mock traditional wedding ceremony?
Firstly, the money is too much, secondly, native law and custom in absentia is the most hilarious ceremony in every part of the World.

Spending in hard currency can never translate to spending in naira. Get that ?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by cool318(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2014
oseiwe: You spent roughly N500k and just 15 guests? What about the mock traditional wedding ceremony?
Firstly, the money is too much, secondly, native law and custom in absentia is the most hilarious ceremony in every part of the World.

Good Observation. 18 people & you are spending 500k. That is outrageous.
I spent close to 800k to entertain about 500 people. Both invited & uninvited.
Very common phenomenon in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Lucasbalo(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2014
angelTI: Congrats sweetie. God bless your home.

This is my kind of wedding. Not the 'aye a gbo, orun a mo' kind of wedding.
There is nothing wrong 'with aiye a gbo orun a mo' wedding if one can afford it. Different strokes for different folks.
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Guidette(f): 8:41am On Aug 09, 2014
@ladygogo
Wow!!! I love your dress so much. Hard to believe you spent less than $2000 on it. Im glad i opened this thread. I honestly believe that splurging on a wedding and then eating garri for the next few months after is super idiotic. But people still do it. I mean, it is just one day while marriage is supposed to be for a lifetime.
Congrats and i am wishing you a happy married life. smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by M4gunners: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2014
Congratulations Sister.God give me a Lady who can manage like her oh.So that with 2500 euro I,m don with wedding.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by nathdim: 8:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Dreal1247: When most Nigerian ladies want the whole world to attend their wedding. More guests, more spending, also greater chance of catastrophe.
it also minimise chances of contacting Ebola

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by anonimi: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2014
ladygogo:
Undergarments:$40.00 I ended up not wearing it.

@ OP what do you mean by the above grin cheesy
mischievous mode activated

Good to see RATIONAL people who understand that marriage is not wedding, just as a 100m sprint is much different from a 20km marathon.
Meanwhile I like your signature- very meaningful.
HML!
Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 09, 2014

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by delishpot: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2014
Congrats lady. May the good lord give you all things good. I love the simplicity. Salute oga for all of us here o.
We be 4 in all. so,give him 4 salutes for us and tell him I said he should take good care of you and you sef pet him too and take care of him smiley

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by LoBoR: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2014
Wen I saw the low budget I tot it would be like 50,000 or less..jst sayin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 09, 2014
[size=13pt]Lovely Wife!!! Its the marriage that matters not the wedding!! Thanks for helping ur hubby reserve money for more important things in the home. we need more ladies like you, trust me, you will always have ur mans respect for this. Happy married life[/size]

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by angelo82: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2014
ladygogo: Thanks obylrich.

To the Mods. You can delete the other threads. Thank you..

@OP….Still I can recognize your face from the picture even though you try to hide.Are you not that Yoruba girl from D.C that later moved to Maryland?……Congratulation anyway to both of you…..

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Low-budget Wedding- For The Budgelistas.:) *pics* by spicyhoney(f): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2014
Congratulations, I love your wedding gown. And that's the kind of wedding I love; small but classy with lots of flowers and green plants around.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / Nigerian Man Celebrates As His Friend Becomes A Father After 11 Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.