Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,953 members, 7,799,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? (989 Views)

Pastor In A Live Spiritual Battle With Juju Priest (Video) / Evidence Of Juju / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 4:58am On Aug 06, 2014
Its disgusting how people openly boast of juju murders without any action being taken against them, even if its to diagnose them as mentally ill.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by mstik(f): 5:04am On Aug 06, 2014
What will be the evidence?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:07am On Aug 06, 2014
Na you go arrest them?
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 5:12am On Aug 06, 2014
The evidence is the previous threats which show intent.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by mstik(f): 5:16am On Aug 06, 2014
That doesn't make any sense. You can't just use someones threats to convict him. And I'm talking of physical evidence. Is it cowries,feathers and other fetish items that'll be presented before the court?
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 5:48am On Aug 06, 2014
Who threatened you?
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2014
mstik: That doesn't make any sense. You can't just use someones threats to convict him. And I'm talking of physical evidence. Is it cowries,feathers and other fetish items that'll be presented before the court?

If there was a previous verbal threat, and subsequent harm done to a person, that should be enough to book the perpetrator.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by Gboliwe: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2014
tpia1:

If there was a previous verbal threat, and subsequent harm done to a person, that should be enough to book the perpetrator.
exactly! And it works here in Nigeria. I once heard of a story of two neigbours who had issues that degenerated to both verbal and physical attacks. Neigbour A told B, "I will kill you in this town and nothing will happen, you will see", a few days later, neigbour B fell ill (or so) and before he died, they'd already gone to the police to report that it was "A" that was the cause. It wasn't long, neigbour B died and everybody including my parents believed it was "A" that killed him. Lol. This is Nigeria. My parents will always use that to illustrate to us how we should guard our tongue and chew our words thoroughly before voicing it out.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2014
tpia1: Its disgusting how people openly boast of juju murders without any action being taken against them, even if its to diagnose them as mentally ill.
are I planning to know your stand before invoking ur juju over somebody,I no de work
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 3:20am On Sep 14, 2014
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by AtheistD(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2014
What about prayer warriors praying for their enemy to die. What if the enemy dies? Should the prayer warrior and all those who joined in group prayer be arrested for murder?

These are not physical murders. They have no precedence, neither are they responsible for the deaths.

@Gboliwe

A death threat should be investigated as the person may have followed through (poisoning or other unknown means). A threat can be deemed a criminal offence as threats carry psychological trauma.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2014
People who believe in magic are stupìd. Instead of allowing this stupìdìty to spread into our laws, wouldn't it be better to have more inquests and more autopsies to find put the real causes of the unexplained deaths people ignorantly attribute to juju?

Also, last month Saudi Arabia executed at least one person for sorcery. So if you really want to see juju practitioners punished, you should consider moving there.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by AtheistD(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2014
EvilBrain1: People who believe in magic are stupìd. Instead of allowing this stupìdìty to spread into our laws, wouldn't it be better to have more inquests and more autopsies to find put the real causes of the unexplained deaths people ignorantly attribute to juju?

Also, last month Saudi Arabia executed at least one person for sorcery. So if you really want to see juju practitioners punusked, you should consider moving there.

Are you Nigerian?

Inquest/autopsy are unheard of? Every unexplained death is a heart attack.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by wiegraf: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
AtheistD:

Are you Nigerian?

Inquest/autopsy are unheard of? Every unexplained death is a heart attack.

wrong my good hiker. they're all leprechaun related, as the op implies.

or maybe gremlins, or mammy water etc
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 3:00am On Sep 15, 2014
AtheistD: What about prayer warriors praying for their enemy to die. What if the enemy dies? Should the prayer warrior and all those who joined in group prayer be arrested for murder?

if you know of any such case, post it here for analysis.

These are not physical murders. They have no precedence, neither are they responsible for the deaths.

if an oral threat is made, after which physical harm is done to a person, that is intent.

A death threat should be investigated as the person may have followed through (poisoning or other unknown means). A threat can be deemed a criminal offence as threats carry psychological trauma.

that is all.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 3:02am On Sep 15, 2014
if you reread my first post on the thread, you'll notice some things i stated there.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by logicboy01: 4:08am On Sep 15, 2014
Really?

The problem here is not juju but threats of violence which anyone (both juju guys and christians) can make.

Please, do not let this thread make front page!!!
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by AtheistD(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:

if you know of any such case, post it here for analysis.

Many pastors prayed for Abachas death.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpia1: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
^ that is unsupported by facts.

post definite cases, thanks.
Re: Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? by tpiah2: 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2016

(1) (Reply)

The 21st Century Pharisee / #no Haters - Why You Will Love Islam / PROPHECIES For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.