Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,277 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:41 AM

PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (35788 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by KDK(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
brabus: First Floor Slab - 2 Hours later

You seem to be doing a great job. Weldone. Please, kindly confirm those are marine boards. If yes, are they Nigerian, Chinese, South African or Russian boards? How much per board please? Hope my questions aren't too many. smiley

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by twinskenny(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
brabus: Watch us live as we pour the first floor slab of Unit 1 tomorrow

Link will be provided shortly.
Amazing...
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 5:15am On Sep 01, 2014
KDK:

You seem to be doing a great job. Weldone. Please, kindly confirm those are marine boards. If yes, are they Nigerian, Chinese, South African or Russian boards? How much per board please? Hope my questions aren't too many. smiley

They are marine boards. We used South African boards for the foundation (I bought them from a company that lost a road contract) and Chinese boards for the slab.

Foundation boards - N8k
Chinese boards - N6.5k

2 Likes

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Dieumerci(m): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Speechless lipsrsealed Great job, amazing speed. Pls sir, how did you do the waterproofing of the foundation?
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2014
Nice job going on.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 10:12am On Sep 01, 2014
Follow us here as we pour the first floor slab of Plot 10AB.

We are live now.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 1:13am On Sep 02, 2014
Day #17 - Slab Poured

So fresh and neat. Just the way I like my concrete finished... More pictures and videos from the concrete pour later on this thread.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 1:20am On Sep 02, 2014
Even the props and the slab formwork... Neat and Sufficient

Everything went so smooth. We had no issue whatsoever!

Pic below: Showing the underneath of the slab after the concrete pour. No leakage.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Dieumerci(m): 1:39am On Sep 02, 2014
Surely, the Grace of God is upon you. Good job, sir.

brabus: Even the props and the slab formwork... Neat and Sufficient

Pic below: Showing the underneath of the slab after the concrete pour. No leakage.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Jarchi(m): 4:10am On Sep 02, 2014
Wellin done sir
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:22am On Sep 02, 2014
One good turn deserves a DOUBLE

Coming up Next! Plot K-024 Contemporary Structure in Badore and Agungi Multi-Dwelling Unit. Our drawings got a nod last week and pre-construction meeting(s) ongoing.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:29am On Sep 02, 2014
Jarchi: Wellin done sir

Dieumerci: Surely, the Grace of God is upon you. Good job, sir.

Good morning, Generals! Another bright day is here with so much to accomplish. I'll be spending the better part of my day in a pre-construction meeting with our new client. So, there won't be any update until later in the evening.

Thanks for been there for us at all time.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Dieumerci(m): 7:31am On Sep 02, 2014
Congratulations sir.

brabus: One good turn deserves a DOUBLE

Coming up Next! Plot K-024 Contemporary Structure in Badore and Agungi Multi-Dwelling Unit. Our drawings got a nod last week and pre-construction meeting(s) ongoing.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by cleric(m): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2014
brabus: Even the props and the slab formwork... Neat and Sufficient

Please, did u have to put nylon or something similar before pouring the concrete mix? I asked because you had no leakages.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
^^^
No. We do not have to put a polythene sheet on the boards. The surface is already smooth and the assembly is airtight
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 10:30am On Sep 15, 2014
brabus:

All FORMS for this project were HIRED at a fraction of the cost of what our client would have spent on woods and the quality of work unmatched. Another great reason to build with us

brabus: They are marine boards. We used South African boards for the foundation (I BOUGHT them from a company that lost a road contract) and Chinese boards for the slab.

Foundation boards - N8k
Chinese boards - N6.5k

Nice work Brabus.
I really appreciate your neatness, speed and foresight.

Can you shed more light on the highlighted part of your post above?

Are you saying YOU BOUGHT them... and the CLIENT RENTS them from YOU?

Am a bit confused here! shocked shocked shocked

BTW: Whats the dimensions (L x B) size of each of those board?

Cheers.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:11am On Sep 16, 2014
lastpage:

Nice work Brabus.
I really appreciate your neatness, speed and foresight.

Can you shed more light on the highlighted part of your post above?

Are you saying YOU BOUGHT them... and the CLIENT RENTS them from YOU?

Am a bit confused here! shocked shocked shocked

BTW: Whats the dimensions (L x B) size of each of those board?

Cheers.

Our clients will only pay the cost of hiring the boards. We take care of every other things.

Dimension: 1.2m * 2.4m or 4ft * 8ft
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2014
brabus:

Our clients will only pay the cost of hiring the boards. We take care of every other things.

Dimension: 1.2m * 2.4m or 4ft * 8ft

Thanks Brabus.

I kind of like the use of the board better than buying 1x12 planks for same purpose. Makes your work really neat.

*How much would your client customer pay you (since you are his builder/contractor), for each board (your rent rates, trying to see the cost advantage over normal planks)?

*On the other hand, should you not include this "rent cost" as part of the cost of erecting the building being that it is yours to use, to do the job better?

Lastpage!
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:46am On Sep 16, 2014
lastpage:

Thanks Brabus.

I kind of like the use of the board better than buying 1x12 planks for same purpose. Makes your work really neat.

*How much would your client customer pay you (since you are his builder/contractor), for each board (your rent rates, trying to see the cost advantage over normal planks)?

*On the other hand, should you not include this "rent cost" as part of the cost of erecting the building being that it is yours to use, to do the job better?

Lastpage!

How much?

A typical 4 - 5 bed slab formwork would cost our client between N500,000 - N600,000 (all materials and labour inclusive). But this is optional, clients are free to explore other options. Our standard construction package now comes with marine boards for the foundations and slab and many clients have already benefitted from this package. Some people have approached us to hire the boards for their slab work. Here are some pics of works done
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 9:03am On Sep 16, 2014
I am surprised that it's been two weeks since my last post! I've been busy again. But the goodnews - Plot 10AB Haven is nearing completion and will soon be out for sale...

Now, there's Agungi Terrace. And it's official. Yesterday, contract signed and we're commencing work immediately.

Many thanks to our esteemed client for your businesses.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 16, 2014
Geez, great work.
A good job truly deserves a double even triple
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by twinskenny(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2014
brabus: I am surprised that it's been two weeks since my last post! I've been busy again. But the goodnews - Plot 10AB Haven is nearing completion and will soon be out for sale...

Now, there's Agungi Terrace. And it's official. Yesterday, contract signed and we're commencing work immediately.

Many thanks to our esteemed client for your businesses.
Been following this all through.. you surely know your work. good job and more of this..
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
twinskenny: Been following this all through.. you surely know your work. good job and more of this..

We will do business together in not too distant future.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by twinskenny(m): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
brabus:

We will do business together in not too distant future.
no problem sir, waiting patiently
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Jarchi(m): 6:26am On Sep 17, 2014
Welldone,love your new concept,it is a new development and machine u need to patent
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2014
brabus:

How much?

A typical 4 - 5 bed slab formwork would cost our client between N500,000 - N600,000 (all materials and labour inclusive). But this is optional, clients are free to explore other options. Our standard construction package now comes with marine boards for the foundations and slab and many clients have already benefitted from this package. Some people have approached us to hire the boards for their slab work. Here are some pics of works done

I am trying to get my head around this!
If somebody is your client, that means they ALREADY have a "Contract to BUILD a House" with you, right?
And they would be paying you an "agreed amount" for such Job (Your Labour l believe) ......while providing money for "Materials needed" to complete job

Are you saying that they will have to pay an ADDITIONAL #500,000 - 600,000 if you use Marine boards for their Slab/Foundation CASTING (as their Contractor)?

Do you charge your Clients for "Materials and labour" TOGETHER or do you separate your Labour cost, from the Materials which in most cases is provided, by the Client?

Reason l ask this is that if for example you say: To build this house for you, l will charge you #20M, does that mean Client will hand over 20M to you and forget about everything else, waiting for you to deliver the house or you will still ask him to pay for say "iron rods" as the need arises?
How do you then cater for "fluctuations in material price, variations in expense resulting from unforseen costs" (like if you had to carry sand filling over a longer distance than anticipated, to fill the foundation) ?

brabus: Some people have approached us to hire the boards for their slab work
How much do you hire out the boards (boards only in this case), to such people for their own private slab work? (Price Vs Quantity)

Cheers and remain strong!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2014
^^^

I'll revert shortly.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
NextHome Builders - Our Strategy

At NextHome, our adherence to cost-discipline scheduling has helped us to deliver projects on time and budget. First, we adopt a milestone based payment term which gives our client the confidence that we have the financial incentive to complete the project requirements as agreed upon.

How it works?

An example to explain better: in a typical construction contract we have like 10 payment milestones. 1 of them is for the design stage, 5 for construction and about 3 - 4 for the finishing stage. This means we will have 10 separate payments and 10 times that work will be handed in to our client; 10 times to do a complete review of the contract; 10 times to make changes and manage variations; 10 times to quit if things don't work out. Upon the completion of each milestone the client and builder discuss expectations for the next milestone. Using tools such as milestone payments will help to protect both the client and the builder so that worry is not an issue.

The Advantage

One great reason we choose to work on this kind of payment schedule is that our client gets the opportunity to monitor the work along the way. This can help to ensure that the quality of the final project is what was expected from the start of the project. This is equally good for us as well because we always know what is expected of us along the way, rather than finding out at the end of a project and having to do the work all over again. And finally, milestone payments help both parties keep track of the work being done on a longer project that may take several weeks or months to be completed.

A contractor can reduce payment risk by anticipating payment, while a client can mitigate performance risk by deferring payment until work is completed. This works when BOTH party can honor a simple gentleman agreement.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sir lastpage, Pls find my responses in Blue below

I am trying to get my head around this!
If somebody is your client, that means they ALREADY have a "Contract to BUILD a House" with you, right?
NO! We have clients who decided to let out separate contract to supply and install formwork only for their slab. We don't have to be their builder.

And they would be paying you an "agreed amount" for such Job (Your Labour l believe) ......while providing money for "Materials needed" to complete job.
They'll be paying us a lump sum agreed for the hiring and installation of the formworks for the slab. We've not started hiring out our boards to be used by other contractors. Very soon we will start to do that.

Are you saying that they will have to pay an ADDITIONAL #500,000 - 600,000 if you use Marine boards for their Slab/Foundation CASTING (as their Contractor)?
This depends on the terms of engagement. If we are the main contractor, the cost of using marine boards is already built into the project cost. If we are engaged to handle a part of the contract (as sub-contractor), the client will pay us an agreed sum of money for the hiring and installation of the formworks

Do you charge your Clients for "Materials and labour" TOGETHER or do you separate your Labour cost, from the Materials which in most cases is provided, by the Client?
For now, the build-route that works for us is contractor-managed. This means we are taking full responsibility for the project from design to handover. There are plethora of payment plan and schedules in construction, however, experience have made us to adopt a milestone based payment schedule.

Reason l ask this is that if for example you say: To build this house for you, l will charge you #20M, does that mean Client will hand over 20M to you and forget about everything else, waiting for you to deliver the house or you will still ask him to pay for say "iron rods" as the need arises?
NO!

How do you then cater for "fluctuations in material price, variations in expense resulting from unforseen costs" (like if you had to carry sand filling over a longer distance than anticipated, to fill the foundation) ?
Fluctuation in market price or other unforeseen economic situation can never affect us because payment are made based on milestones achieved. Variations will have been discussed before the next milestone payment are released. Anything that happen in between will be the responsibility of the contractor provided the client has released the funds as required of him as at when needed.

How much do you hire out the boards (boards only in this case), to such people for their own private slab work? (Price Vs Quantity)
We haven't started hiring out our boards.

Cheers and remain strong!

Lastpage!

Thank you,

Brabus

2 Likes

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by lastpage: 12:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Thanks Brabus,
I appreciate your quick response and details.

But one thing that stands out is that you did not specifically state whether you do "Labour only" jobs or not?
i.e you get engaged to "build" and you are paid for the LABOUR/EXPERTISE ONLY (which you supply inform of physical activities like mobilizing workforce, supervision, and "human-related stuffs"wink ....
....While the Client BUYS AND PAYS for the MATERIALS needed as at your request (like Sand, Cement, Granites, Wood, e.t.c)

When you say "contractor-managed" model is the route you take for now.
Does that imply the opposite of what l wrote above? ^^^^
i.e the jobs you take for now are those where you are the one that MUST supply the materials as well as your labour. All the Client needs do is pay you for them, in trenches/milestones?

Again, in case you are wondering, l am "being very specific" because a sibling of mine is trying to make a decision about his project and wants my input along these lines.
I have a choice of you or two other builders on my "radar" to recommend to him based on a few analysis that l am doing.

Cheers.

Lastapge!
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2014
For so many obvious reason that I cannot recount here, I'll stick to contractor-managed model for now. I wish you knew what happens in the background. We get messed up for things we had no control over and that had to stop. Agreements get breached due to lack of fund, delayed approval, involvement of hungry middlemen/family members (acting as supervisor without construction experience)... and so many more.

Labour only - NO!
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by segcymoor(m): 11:44am On Sep 18, 2014
brabus: For so many obvious reason that I cannot recount here, I'll stick to contractor-managed model for now. I wish you knew what happens in the background. We get messed up for things we had no control over and that had to stop. Agreements get breached due to lack of fund, delayed approval, involvement of hungry middlemen/family members (acting as supervisor without construction experience)... and so many more.
Labour only - NO!
I feel your plight perfectly well. On the other hand, u will appreciate labour only in order to avoid 'gbese'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Power Of Attorney And Deed Of Assignment??? / Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.