Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (35852 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:20am On Aug 06, 2014
It’s about time!

I'm currently working on new construction projects in Lekki, Lagos. The purpose of this thread is to chronicle in as much detail as I can, the process of designing the proposed developments, getting permits, construction of the new residence and finally handing over the keys.

My hope is that this thread will end up being part case study, part diary and part textbook. I plan to provide links to everything that might be useful throughout the process -- pictures, videos, budgets, schedules, plans/drawings, contractor bids, invoices, etc. And if there's anything I don't provide that you want to see, just let me know.

I hope this thread will be interactive as usual. I hope our friends and followers will jump in and provide insight, and I hope others with less experience will ask questions and help us all learn from one another. And again, if there's anything you want me to provide in this thread that I'm not already providing, feel free to ask!

Now, it is official! Yesterday, we signed the contract for the development of 2 units of 5 Bed Detached Duplex in one Lekki's Finest Subdivision.

Pics: Construction pictures of Plot 10AB by NextHome. See more inside.

1 Like

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2014
The Reserve in Agungi

Pics: Construction pics of The Reserve by NextHome. See more inside.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:21am On Aug 06, 2014
PLOT 10AB HAVEN - CONFIGURATION

Land Size | 850sqm
Project Status | Ongoing Development
Budget | Available on special request
Start Date | August 1, 2014
Substantial Completion Date | Oct 1, 2014
Client | Private

Important Contact Information

Project Director/Designer | Bosun Davies +234.80.234.29.122

Builder | NextHome Builders
Architectural Designs | KOLADS Consult
3D Rendering | Caribou Studios
Structural Designs/Engineers | Beulah Konsults
Interior Designs | NextHome Builders
Landscape/Hardscape | NextHome Builders
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Chekitaut: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Congrat Bros...weldone
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by sogefe(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hi Bosun, wishing you all the best in this new project. Cheers
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by kopell: 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Welcome back, with most of the best brain in Nairaland team. Wishing you all best of everything in this project.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2014
sogefe: Hi Bosun, wishing you all the best in this new project. Cheers

I see you Bro. Thank you for your best wishes. I believe your project is moving at excellent pace.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2014
Been a while!

Just for some context, this is our 12th nairaland construction project, so they are starting to look kind of familiar by now.

So with that let's get started on 10AB Haven.

As part of my "skin in the game" I already had plots divided, surveyed, and my plans engineered (explains the reason for long period of silence). We started moving dirt yesterday and the plots are being cleared and filled. We also manage to stake the foundation of one unit and hopefully we hope we will have construction permits in hand by Friday. My building permit is under review.

First Day Pictures

1 Like

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2014
PLOT 10AB - Deed Restrictions

Deed restrictions is a very important issue to address when building in a well established estate. These restrictions may include items like only single family homes may be built in this neighborhood, or the servants quarters must be separate, or allowable room sizes and setbacks. All these type of restrictions are obviously intimidating and illegal. The ones I care about are ones that restrict building size or type.

If you don't pay attention to these, you can risk building your project and have someone complain half way through to the city planners or the HOA. This can lock your project up and potentially force you to tear it down or stop halfway. I've seen some builders do this, but I would never risk the N40,000,000 to N50,000,000 required to build some of these projects on getting lucky.

For Plot 10AB Haven, there were restrictions on the following:

- The building type or size.
- Allowable setbacks is 9m (front), 3m (on all other sides), and 6m (in between buildings)
- Minimum plot requirement for 2 unit of fully detached duplex is 900 sqm**
- Height restriction is 10m
- Buildable Space is 35% of the plot

So we are managing our risk by building something more modest.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 8:35am On Aug 14, 2014

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:22am On Aug 15, 2014
Accomplished two big tasks yesterday at the house — the buildings were staked out and we were able to sand fill the building area of one of the units. Getting the plot sand filled was nice — now we don’t have to worry about rain nearly as much.

Here are some pictures of the setting out and sand filling work…

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:31am On Aug 15, 2014
With yesterday's progress, weather shouldn’t impact our making progress on Unit 1 at this point, which means that there’s a lot less risk to the schedule.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 4:21am On Aug 16, 2014
Project Update:

Week #1 of construction was busy (and a success!). Week #2 is shaping up to be a little bit less busy, but hopefully just as productive. Thank God for the August break. We should be out of the grounds before any major rain.

- Ground Beam Reinforcement of Unit 1 completed.
- Sand filling of Unit 2 ongoing.
- Preparation of starter columns, column extensions, rings and all other reinforcement as may be required ongoing.

During Week #2, we plan on starting the concrete work, which requires more upfront preparation and more time. Hopefully, we should be preparing to spend week #2 focused on finishing the foundation work — waterproofing, running foundation drains, termite treatments, pouring the slabs, etc.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by emmadejust(m): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2014
brabus: Deed Restrictions

Deed restrictions is a very important issue to address when building in a well established estate. These restrictions may include items like only single family homes may be built in this neighborhood, or the servants quarters must be separate, or allowable room sizes and setbacks. All these type of restrictions are obviously intimidating and illegal. The ones I care about are ones that restrict building size or type.

If you don't pay attention to these, you can risk building your project and have someone complain half way through to the city planners or the HOA. This can lock your project up and potentially force you to tear it down or stop halfway. I've seen some builders do this, but I would never risk the N40,000,000 to N50,000,000 required to build some of these projects on getting lucky.

For Plot 10AB Haven, there were restrictions on the following:

- The building type or size.
- Allowable setbacks is 9m (front), 3m (on all other sides), and 6m (in between buildings)
- Minimum plot requirement for 2 unit of fully detached duplex is 900 sqm**
- Height restriction is 10m
- Buildable Space is 35% of the plot

So we are managing our risk by building something more modest.

wow...... that's a great info and teaching to many.
you are a professional in giving detail to every things to consider in building.

I wish you better result and speed and accuracy in this project.

OUR FAITH, OUR REALITY IN LIFE....... .
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by Fraba(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2014
great job @Brabus, but please give a pictorila render of the house/project to know what the end product is like and appreciate even better, the job as you proceed.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2014
Thanks Bro, I'll post the 3D pictures of the house when it is in along with the awesome views. In the meantime, here's the front elevation of the building with cutouts from the 3D rendering.

1 Like

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:32am On Aug 17, 2014
End of Week #1 (Day 3)

Installation of the Ground Beam Reinforcement completed: the iron benders are through with the installation of the ground beam for unit 1 and have proceeded to preparation of reinforcement for other stages of the project.

Installation of the Ground Beam Forms nearing completion: the carpenters are almost through with the installation of the forms for the foundation ground beams. These are the molds that will be used to shape the poured concrete.

I'll be spending some time today with the carpenters to inspect the installation while we await the concrete pour in the early part of the new week. In between, we will be doing the first fix mechanical works.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:50am On Aug 17, 2014
Unit 2 - Sneak Preview

Sand filling is complete - With the help of an outstanding crew at NextHome Builder, we were even able to make a few changes on the fly within just 3 days!

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 3:07am On Aug 19, 2014
Week #2

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:14am On Aug 20, 2014
Day #5 - Unit 1 Ground Beam Poured

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 12:52am On Aug 20, 2014
More pics from the pour

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 2:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Coming up next! K-024

Our Architectural Plan and Site Development Plan have undergone reviews and we are hoping to get them submitted to the estate office for final approval. From here, the estate office has 2 to 3 days to review them and either approve or request changes.

Thereafter, we go turn-key on preliminary works.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
We keep improving everyday

Concrete work just the way I ordered it.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
We are as good as the last home we built

Aerial pictures of the site showing Unit 1 Ground Beam and Unit 2 Reinforcement Detailing.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
More Day #6 Pictures

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
More from Day #6

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 2:22am On Aug 21, 2014
Foundation Works - The NextHome Advantage

On Saturday, we commenced the installation of the foundation wall forms of Unit 1. On Sunday morning — the wall crew got started putting finishing touches and braces on the walls. They moved very quickly, and by 4:00pm on Sunday evening, they were done and ready to pour. 25 concreters showed up around 8:15am on Tuesday, and by 3:15pm, the walls were poured and adjusted. By 5:05pm on Tuesday, the ground beam has been poured and the site empty again — less than 72 hours to build and pour the entire foundation is pretty impressive!

Yesterday morning, the forms were stripped and we moved on to sandfilling, waterproofing and the rest of the foundation work…

Everything is working according to plan, which is how we planned to serve our clients going forward.

________
All forms for this project were hired at a fraction of the cost of what our client would have spent on woods and the quality of work unmatched. Another great reason to build with us

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 3:12am On Aug 21, 2014
Straight and Neat with adequate concrete cover.

Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by segcymoor(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2014
Curious! From the observations you sand fill this land before commencing. If I may ask how long does you give for compacting period or you commence immediately.
Well done and quite an age!
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by brabus(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2014
segcymoor: Curious! From the observations you sand fill this land before commencing. If I may ask how long does you give for compacting period or you commence immediately.
Well done and quite an age!

Enquiry mind needs an answer. Land has already been sand filled before purchase with broken bricks from another site. We just need to do cut and fill in some areas. We actually sand filled because we needed ample space to work on the site.
Re: PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome by twinskenny(m): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2014
@Brabus

weldone sir,

Hope to resume with you soon grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos From The Building Collapse In Isheri-Magodo, Lagos In The Morning / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / My Plumber Failed, See How A Female Nairalander Fixed Dripping Tap (Pics,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.