Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (39079 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 08, 2014
Chyno.dyke@yahoo.com

And why is Okadigbo,Nwafor orizu,Emeka Anyaoku and Ekwueme not on your signature list

chino24: Hope you confirmed the address before sending?

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chino24: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2014
I am still updating my signature.. cheesy

You made mistake on the add. Here is it: chino.dyke@yahoo.com

peppyluv02: Chyno.dyke@yahoo.com

And why is Okadigbo,Nwafor orizu,Emeka Anyaoku and Ekwueme not on your signature list

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2014
smiley Good morning

ayukdaboss:

Lol..You have a shrine? undecided
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02: grin tonychristopher you can't be left out in this gossip o! I'll send you a mail so you will know why odenigbo suddenly turned love artist grin

OK but I have checked the email nothing yet can you resend
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by ayukdaboss(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02: smiley Good morning

Morning smiley
How was your night?
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Ok

tonychristopher:

OK but I have checked the email nothing yet can you resend
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2014
HappyJoe: This is almost juvenile. The national tourism body (which hasn't accomplished anything since its formation) is talking about a "green city" in Onitsha and people are jumping up and down, insulting people they don't know. I can bet my last kobo that nothing will happen. Hopefully, we shall still be on nairaland in 2018.

We know about the "eco-city" which was promised for Aguleri as far back as 10 years ago - almost nothing happened there. We all know that nothing will happen here too.

My problem with Obiano is that he make too much noise, making promises he cannot keep. He should learn from Sullivan who keeps quiet and methodically executes his projects. Sullivan is building a "Golf city" in enugu, it is going on planned, with a long term horizon.

If you look at what Obiano has promised.

1. 3 flyovers in Awka.
2. Light rail to link Onitsha, Awka & Nnewi
3. Jobs for 500,000 Anambra youth
4. Airport at Umueri
5. Complete the refinery/boost production to 50,000 bbl/day
6. Turn Awka to Dubai.
7. Build a road linking Anambra to Kogi
8. Build a four lane road linking 33 to the airport site at Umueri
9. Dualize major roads at Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha
10. Increase production of rice to 120,000 tonnes.
11. On and on.

Meanwhile the Awka/Amansea road has been on for years, it hasn't been completed. I don't want a noisemaker as governor, I want a man who plans & executes - and with a N140 billion budget there's no way Anambra can do all this, they have to prioritize.

Oya, start insulting me.

chimaroke nnamani. built the golf estate..at gra. I schooled at esut.. remember going to the estate to buy stuff from ibb. that was 2006...
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Chigold101(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2014
laffytaffy1: Why is that good looking woman wearing that ugly hat nah.
she looks so so sweet in that hat. I love the green & white colour on her head...
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Iykeponti(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2014
grin
tonychristopher:

bia nwoke

ifele mezie gi.. gi na nwanyi na ako onu

imakwa Ife

kwusi zie

kedu udi madu ibu

ike gwuru
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Iykeponti(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Lets say for a minute that Onitsha people arent Igbo; Does that make the soil in which they live on non Igbo? Does that make their language non Igbo? Does that make their culture non Igbo ?
Did Bini people buy any land from Anambra people ? Look,its easy. Anytime they wanna relocate we will be more than willing to contribute money and help them park their pots and spoons back to wherever they came from. And while they go we will duely ask them to drop everything they borrowed from us,including but not limited to their culture. There is no hassle in this. Leave Anambra land and return to your wherever you came from. Shikena!
Gbam!
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Iykeponti: Gbam!

otua...

if Onitsha people are not Igbo how come they speak Igbo ..for them to speak Igbo there must have been aboriginal population there to influence their change in language.

even if there is change in language there must be elements of Benin words in it . but these we haven't found

let's look at slaves in Americas ..they came from Africa some Igbo some Yoruba

there is evidence like in some place in equatorial Guinea there are igbos there and speaking Igbo not modern day migration but ancient go to Sierra Leone the returned slaves still bear igbo names there till today . this is evidence of migration even in USA evidence of igbos are in Gullahs and Igbo landing .these are far away places . they have languages like okoro which is an igbo word . esusu in Jamaica which is same here . a contribution now Americans say Ama hit you.. its Ebonics of I will hit you. and that is the same with Igbo ..Ama eti gi ihe

ama is Igbo for I will
okro is Igbo for okro vegetable
esusu is the same Igbo word

Much of Jamaican mannerisms and gestures themselves have a wider African origin and an Igbo origin. Some examples of such behaviours are evident in the influences of the Igbo language in patois, 'ima osu' or 'imu oso' and 'cutting-eye' from Igbo 'iro anya'.There was also a suggestion of the Igbo introducing communication through eye movements.[31]These gestures are also done amongstAkan peoplewhich was the largest group on the island and today the most dominant genetically

to show another evidence in Cuba of Igbo ancestry

A great diversity of peoples brought to the Americas from the Niger Delta andCross River Basin were labeled by merchants as Carabalí, as Cuban historianDeschampsdiscovered: “The carabalí. The tribes brought to Cuba under this denominationare innumerable . . . part of those [“carabalí’] who founded cabildos respondedto the following denominations: Abalo, Acocuá, Agro, Apapá, Bibí, Bogre, BogreIsuama, Abate Singlava, Brícamo, Ecunaso, Ibo Induri, Isicuato, Isiegue, Isuama,Isuama Aballa Ocuite, Isuama Ibi, Isuama Isiegue, Isueche, Oquella, Ososo, OsosoEche, Ososo Omuma, Oxó, Ugri, Unigini, Aballa Otopa, Isuama Umofina, IsuamaOsulerisna, Orú, Elugo, Orate, Bané, Yudusi.”1

these villages are in igbo land till today . the slaves named the places after their villages in Igbo land line isukwuato orlu isuama ugiri etc

same with Yoruba in Brazil ..they still worship sango and Orissa in Brazil this is to show Yoruba ancestry

Another common name for Santeria in Cuba is Lucumi, a Yoruba word meaning friends. Lucumi is also the name given to descendants of Yoruba slaves in Cuba, as well as their music, dance and their Cubanized dialect of the Yoruba language.Residing within the Yoruba cosmology is the pantheon of deities called orisha. Orisha represent the primordial forces in nature, the various archetypal human personalities, and act as personal guardians or guides to initiates of the religion.

now can somebody tell me any Benin word or culture in Onitsha

this is how to prove a point ..if they can't they should shut the fuckkkk up

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Lets say for a minute that Onitsha people arent Igbo; Does that make the soil in which they live on non Igbo? Does that make their language non Igbo? Does that make their culture non Igbo ?
Did Bini people buy any land from Anambra people ? Look,its easy. Anytime they wanna relocate we will be more than willing to contribute money and help them park their pots and spoons back to wherever they came from. And while they go we will duely ask them to drop everything they borrowed from us,including but not limited to their culture. There is no hassle in this. Leave Anambra land and return to your wherever you came from. Shikena!

Onitsha is in Nigeria yet we can't see evidence of benin in them and either can we see Beniness in ukwuani or ikwerre.. then

you know people ancestry by language names of their cities and even mannerism but I just can't see it

now new Zealand has British migrants they speak English and name their town English name to show ancestry

Afrikaans speak dutch to show their dutch descent

lukumi in Delta igbos speak a bastardized version of Yoruba to show their migrants

now look at Onitsha or these igbos that claim their Almighty Benin ..where is called Egor usellu or ikpoba in these places ...none

what of languages is their evidence of Edo in their language ...none

what about their gods do they worship ayilara... none

how can they prove the Benin fable

if Onitsha people are not Igbo how come they speak Igbo ..for them to speak Igbo there must have been aboriginal population there to influence their change in language.even if there is change in language there must be elements of Benin words in it . butthese we haven't foundlet's look at slaves in Americas ..they came from Africa some Igbo some Yorubathere is evidence like in some place in equatorial Guinea there are igbos there and speaking Igbo not modern day migration but ancient go to Sierra Leone the returned slaves still bear igbo names there till today . this is evidence of migration even in USA evidence of igbos are in Gullahs and Igbo landing .these are far away places . they have languages like okoro which is an igbo word . esusu in Jamaica which is same here . a contribution now Americans say Ama hit you.. its Ebonics of I will hit you. and that is the same with Igbo ..Ama eti gi iheama is Igbo for I willokro is Igbo for okro vegetableesusu is the same Igbo wordMuch of Jamaican mannerisms and gestures themselves have a wider African origin and an Igbo origin. Some examples of such behaviours are evident in the influences of the Igbo language in patois, 'ima osu' or 'imu oso' and 'cutting-eye' from Igbo 'iro anya'.There was also a suggestion of the Igbo introducing communication through eye movements.[31]These gestures are also done amongstAkan peoplewhich was the largest group on the island and today the most dominant geneticallyto show another evidence in Cuba of Igbo ancestryA great diversity of peoples brought to the Americas from the Niger Delta andCross River Basin were labeled by merchants as Carabalí, as Cuban historianDeschampsdiscovered: “The carabalí. The tribes brought to Cuba underthis denominationare innumerable . . . partof those [“carabalí’] who founded cabildosrespondedto the following denominations:Abalo, Acocuá, Agro, Apapá, Bibí, Bogre, BogreIsuama, Abate Singlava, Brícamo, Ecunaso, Ibo Induri, Isicuato, Isiegue, Isuama,Isuama Aballa Ocuite, Isuama Ibi, Isuama Isiegue, Isueche, Oquella, Ososo, OsosoEche, Ososo Omuma, Oxó, Ugri, Unigini, Aballa Otopa, Isuama Umofina, IsuamaOsulerisna, Orú, Elugo, Orate, Bané,Yudusi.”1these villages are in igbo land till today . the slaves named the places after their villages in Igbo land line isukwuato orlu isuama ugiri etcsame with Yoruba in Brazil ..they still worship sango and Orissa in Brazil this is to show Yoruba ancestryAnother common name for Santeria in Cuba is Lucumi, a Yoruba word meaning friends. Lucumi is also the name given to descendants of Yoruba slaves in Cuba, as well as their music, dance and their Cubanized dialect of the Yoruba language.Residing within the Yoruba cosmology is the pantheon of deities called orisha. Orisha represent the primordial forces in nature, the various archetypal human personalities, and act as personal guardians or guides to initiates of the religion.now can somebody tell me any Benin word or culture in Onitshathis is how to prove a point ..if they can't they should shut the fuckkkk up
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by nworanco(m): 2:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
This Green City project will now brings out the beauty of industrialization in Anambra, which by nature is the enterprenuers packed state. Anambra will be now exposed to the world in terms of economic strength. In this state aircrafts will come and collect their aviation fuel in a proposed airport in the state. This is the reap time for this project. One thing missing here a FIRM VILLAGE for Nollywood, bcs Nollywood started here.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
peppyluv02: smiley daalu nwannem

I sent something to your mail box,read it.

Haha, na today? I've been known that, that gist took place about three weeks ago. I commented on that particular incident, indeed it is shameful to see a supposed oga at the top entangle himself in such rubbish. Anyway, it isn't a new thing. cool

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
Douglasdale:

Simple! Emeka Offor Owns Enugu disco and he is insisting that Geometric cannot serve only aba. He wants aba and geometric to remain under eedc. Trying to sow where he did not reap. I think the case is in court.

Akuko... Though Enugu disco control the SE, does it control the states ability to implement their own power transmission system? What is Abia state govt doing about it? Or has Abia state gov taken money from Emeka Offor.. As far as I'm concerned, this is a lazy excuse. After all, Geometric is not transmitting free electric to Enugu disco, they have to buy it from Geometric and sell it to final consumers. How Enugu disco decide to sell it is their business.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Iykeponti: grin

nsogbu adighu jee choba ncha gbaa...I will recommend lux ma obu klin
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by macof(m): 6:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
tonychristopher:

biko zie

who said Onitsha are Benin ..lol ishan way dey their backyard nobi Benin . isoko wey dey stone throw nobi Benin na Onitsha wey dey far ...I laugh

if they say onitsha has Benin influence I will agree

OK what is the meaning of Onitsha in Benin language

what is Obi in Benin language

what is Ozo in Benin language

Una get time ooooo

go Onitsha tell them they are Benin stand at head bridge and say that...you will see how they will treat you

Benin my ass .Benin way be mud house city the Benin I served ..lol

Onitsha is benin then Benin is what

Lol

lagos is Benin
Ika is Benin
Yoruba oduduwa is Benin
igalla Benin
urhobo is Benin
ukwuani is Benin
itshekiri is Benin
everything is Benin
queen Elizabeth is Benin
then Benin is what ....almighty

is it not this Benin I served and lived in or not
is it not that their palace that is mud house at ring road or not
is it not the Benin that their king was pursued by British or not
is it not the same Benin that biafran forces captured in few hours during the Midwest occupation

abeg make Una talk something joor

that rustic city

how can people be associated with such a place

Benin then is the center of world

none sense

Pls refrain from ur stupidity.

Obi means first son in Bini
Oduduwa is nt Bini
Itsekiri is not Bini
Lagos is not Bini

Educate yourself pls before spilling thrash
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
macof:

Oduduwa is nt Bini
Itsekiri is not Bini
Lagos is not Bini

so Obi is first son I think you lie
first son is omorodion

there is nothing like obi in Benin languagu lived at Egor after teachers house and the name of the road is upper siluko after ogida barrack

tell that to marines

you have denied oduduwa is no more a Benin prince

you have denied that itshekiri no be una people again

I will ask is it the Benin I lived or not

laho ya tota

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
macof:

Oduduwa is nt Bini
Itsekiri is not Bini
Lagos is not Bini

Why do you have to lie about this.
Obi doesnt mean first son in Bini.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
Yoruba guys dying for Igbo girls since the world began lol
Sexkillz sent it to me last month or so and each time he posts it,he gets banned and the topic deleted. Shame undecided

manny4life:

Haha, na today? I've been known that, that gist took place about three weeks ago. I commented on that particular incident, indeed it is shameful to see a supposed oga at the top entangle himself in such rubbish. Anyway, it isn't a new thing. cool
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

my brother don't mind macof he is delusional and confused in a muse way

he is telling us obi is benin

Benin doesn't have any word like obi

that same Benin Igbo came and conquered and put their oba in house arrest
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 8:04am On Aug 09, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

my brother don't mind macof he is delusional and confused in a muse way

he is telling us obi is benin

Benin doesn't have any word like obi

that same Benin Igbo came and conquered and put their oba in house arrest
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Okeikpu(m): 8:39am On Aug 09, 2014
peppyluv02: Anambra ga di nma ozo smiley manny4life,quid,tonychristopher,onenaira,okeikpu,aryzgreat bia nu nuru akuko cheesy cheesy

Afia zuchaa oke-udene enwelu onodu grin Peppy-nwa! Y na ikporom na akara-igwe Nextime odi news a gbaa kusuom n'igwe oyibo... Ututu-oma!
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 09, 2014
@Yoruba people:
Please watch out for Igbophobia.
It is the main cause of mental and psychological retardation.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 9:14am On Aug 09, 2014
Okeikpu: Afia zuchaa oke-udene enwelu onodu grin Peppy-nwa! Y na ikporom na akara-igwe Nextime odi news a gbaa kusuom n'igwe oyibo... Ututu-oma!

agu na abo
anu Ana atu grenade amu ana ekweya
nwata si azu uno jebe obodo oyibo
okeipbu arapuru aga ara onwe ya? mbanu
nwkeoma hapuru otu for ikpu

idi too much
Ana m etu gi afa

anambra adigo sharp
kitipka gbagbuo ndi osu imi

peppy nwa uru di ya... na mpara ya
enebe ukwu assign cheque

keep the flag flying

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2014
quid: @Yoruba people:
Please watch out for Igbophobia.
It is the main cause of mental and psychological retardation.

nwayo nwanne mana otua
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2014
tonychristopher:

nwayo nwanne mana otua
LMAO
Nzuzu ndi ofe akarigo n'obodo anyi a.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 9:21am On Aug 09, 2014
quid:
LMAO
Nzuzu ndi ofe akarigo n'obodo anyi a.

eziokwu ka ikwuru mana onuma ga egbu ha.. ososo ndi ofe ndi obodozo sokwa

onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu ka anyi bu
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2014
tonychristopher:

eziokwu ka ikwuru mana onuma ga egbu ha.. ososo ndi ofe ndi obodozo sokwa

onye ndi iro gbara gburugburu ka anyi bu

Hmmmm. . .nsogbu adiro.

O buro ta k'anyi fubara hausa n'uta.

Anu gba ajo oso, anyi agba ya ajo egbe.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by tonychristopher: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2014
quid:

Hmmmm. . .nsogbu adiro.

O buro ta k'anyi fubara hausa n'uta.

Anu gba ajo oso, anyi agba ya ajo egbe.

ya bu before ugbua Anu gba ajo oso ejiri guided missile so ya bu anu

gbado anya
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Douglasdale(m): 9:28am On Aug 09, 2014
manny4life:

Akuko... Though Enugu disco control the SE, does it control the states ability to implement their own power transmission system? What is Abia state govt doing about it? Or has Abia state gov taken money from Emeka Offor.. As far as I'm concerned, this is a lazy excuse. After all, Geometric is not transmitting free electric to Enugu disco, they have to buy it from Geometric and sell it to final consumers. How Enugu disco decide to sell it is their business.
You need to understand the process first. Geometric will generate, transmit and distribute electricity in Aba independent of ENUGU disco. Aba will be independent from EEDC and won't be a part eedc coverage. That is what Emeka Offor is fighting against... He wants Aba to be part of eedc and wants to control geometric too. The same company that hasn't done any improvement

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Danfo Buses Start Accepting Bus Fares Via Cowry Cards (Video) / Dana Plane, Speeding Car In Near-Collision On Lagos Airport Taxiway / Fast Pace Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Does FG Deserves #Accolades?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.