Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible (38073 Views)

ANAMBRA CORPSE: Contacts Test Negative To Ebola Virus..by Vincent Ujumadu / How Nigerians Can Defeat Ebola Virus -by Attorney Patryk Utulu (USA) / Men: Experts Say You’re Overweight If You Can’t See Your Joystick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Isryl02(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Say hi to the folks at Proxima Centauri for me.
did u mean at BUSH undecided
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Reference(m): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
SirShymex: Interesting.

I just knew it...but they should have disclosed this to the public time ago.

But I've been shouting this for days. It just upsets me that the science is just too slow and too far behind this galloping plague when it is patently obvious even well protected medics are dropping like flies. This particular viral strain is super aggressive and those who attempt to handle advance cases MUST be provided with breathing apparatus, independent air. It is airborne, no doubt. In an aircraft the air is changed every few minutes and the super-heated bleed air coming from the engine will be virus free, but in a typical stuffy hospital ward the recirculating ceiling fan is nothing more than the devil's spoon stirring the deadly soup.

I repeat again, Medics throughout Nigeria should step up their game because this opponent will kill swiftly without mercy. 27 medics dead out of 729 is a terribly high proportion. That is 1 medic dead in every 25 casualties. Africa does not produce health workers in anything like this ratio. At this rate the health system will simply collapse and with it data, knowlege and the experience badly needed to halt this menace.

2 Likes

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by ddooskie(m): 5:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharlieMaria: Ok

charley..u again?...me i wan buy land oh! How much?
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
Reference:
But I've been shouting this for days. It just upsets me that the science is just too slow and too far behind this galloping plague when it is patently obvious even well protected medics are dropping like flies. This particular viral strain is super aggressive and those who attempt to handle advance cases MUST be provided with breathing apparatus, independent air. It is airborne, no doubt. In an aircraft the air is changed every few minutes and the super-heated bleed air coming from the engine will be virus free, but in a typical stuffy hospital ward the recirculating ceiling fan is nothing more than the devil's spoon stirring the deadly soup.

I repeat again, Medics throughout Nigeria should step up their game because this opponent will kill swiftly without mercy. 27 medics dead out of 729 is a terribly high proportion. That is 1 medic dead in every 25 casualties. Africa does not produce health workers in anything like this ratio. At this rate the health system will simply collapse and with it data, knowlege and the experience badly needed to halt this menace.

Word.

That aside, we don't even which of the four variants of the virus is currently plaguing West Africa - or if it's a new variant. No one has said anything about samples, laboratory testing, and why the current Ebola outbreak is killing people at an alarming rate, higher than ever before.

I'm sure we'll have to wait for foreign experts as well, since most African countries don't have the required expertise and facilities to do anything. This is 2014 and Ebola has shown that Africa is still stuck in the medieval ages.

Also, these folks aren't telling people the truth - the virus has probably killed more people than the numbers they're throwing out there. And only God know how many people have been infected - scary.

1 Like

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by 573V31D(m): 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
I already said it; there is no protection agains this virus...if renowned american docs could contract it with all their precautions...lets find d cure immediately...#GODSAVEUS
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Donbabaj: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Whether Air borne or Water borne! The fact remains that it is impossible for me to contract EBOLA

Cos i have the blood of Jesus running in me

1 Like

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Appswheel(m): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
How To Make A Post In Nairaland

Before you can make a post in Nairaland, You must be a registered member.

1) Before making a post, it is expected that you search Nairaland to be sure that the post you want to make does not already exists. There are two search boxes on the homepage. If your content already exists, consider making a different post, commenting on the existing post.

2) Visit the section that you want to post about e.g. “Business”, “Computer”, “Education”, “Politics “. it is advisable you visit the home page to see the full list of available sections.

3) Click the Create New Topic

You are expected to read the rules guiding the use of that section.

After Clicking on Create New Topic, the Nairaland Editor is displayed. Provide a heading for your content in the Subject textbox and provide the content of your post in the Message text box

4. (Optional) Attach a file or Image to the file.

5. Click on the Submit Button

THOSE WHO READ THIS ALSO READ: A-Z OF NAIRALAND EDITOR: HOW TO USE ALL THE FORMATTING TOOLS
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Danhumprey: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
MaziOmenuko: This too shall pass.

It always does...
Amen,Father Omenuko.embarassed
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Danhumprey: 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
wellmax: Is this a death sentence on the world?
On Africa you mean?

1 Like

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2014

It always does...
Sure it will!!! just like,

HIV
AIDS
SARS
BIRD FLU
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by CharlieMaria(m): 6:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
ddooskie:

charley..u again?...me i wan buy land oh! How much?
tongue tongue
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by adedayourt(m): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
Make dem stop al des headline wey dey giv person goose pimples naa, smal tym now dey ll say its posssible to to get infected by readin bout it cry
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by sandrapower(f): 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Tayras: 8:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
Toyolad: I just switched on my nokia phone and two hands refused to shake hands..hmmm I guess that's the fear of Ebola.

Ur phone don catch Virus; Avast, Norton and Kaspersky loleshe

1 Like

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by gbegudujo: 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
Lol every region with their own wahala
saymax: Make una(all in d SW) respect una sef stay 4 una region while we here in d north stay wit our bokoharams. Shebi una no want bombs? Smthing gat 2 giv.
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by JuanDeDios: 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
kobonaire: What da .... And Dr Sanjay Gupta@CNN was yarning for hours that Ebola is highly infectious and not highly contagious. This subtle but distinct difference means that it can not be spread by air but rather only by contact with bodily fluids of an infected individual.
He's right. Even op article says no record of air transmission has been recorded among humans - it's only still a possibility.

1 Like

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 07, 2014
Donbabaj: Whether Air borne or Water borne! The fact remains that it is impossible for me to contract EBOLA

Cos i have the blood of Jesus running in me

2 Likes

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by lastpage: 3:18am On Aug 07, 2014
vivaciousvivi: The news just gets grimmer and grimmer sad
What are the aerosolised organisms abeg?

From Aerosol spray : Like our mosquito fleet, e.g Sheltox or Raid; When liquid is atomised, in very very tiny particles such that it looks like "air".

The Ebola virus, which are also very microscopic, can now "RIDE" on this tiny air particles by adhering to them.

For example, When someone with Ebola Virus sneezes, (if you've ever witnessed the force with which such sneeze gets ejected from the nose!), the virus gets ejected along, like a "spray", into the environment and can float around as air carries the "sneeze" around.

Such action is similar to how "pressurized gas" in a fleet (aerosol container), carries the liquid mosquito repellent/killer around the house and it can deposit them on flying insects like mosquitoes, ..and kill us them! shocked shocked shocked

I hope this helps?

Lastpage!
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Twistone(m): 5:34am On Aug 07, 2014
Hmmm! It can also be air borne?
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by justi4jesu(f): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2014

It always does...

Amen cry
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by chidex167: 6:43am On Aug 07, 2014
Leopantro: the following was said on April 9th, 2014.

“Nigeria is ready, because the
Ministry has taken every
precaution, including getting the
vaccines and medicines in case
there was any incident in
Nigeria." Minister of
Information, Labaran Maku
“If there were vaccines,
government will certainly buy a
stock and keep. There is no
specific treatment.” Minister of
Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu
That was april 9th but we have heard they are beging the Us for testing medical treatments. How sure are we bout the cure ??
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by makahlj2: 7:24am On Aug 07, 2014
endtime tinz...
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Paentera(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2014
saymax: Make una(all in d SW) respect una sef stay 4 una region while we here in d north stay wit our bokoharams. Shebi una no want bombs? Smthing gat 2 giv.

You know a Saudi Arabian died of the disease two days ago right? All it takes is for an indigene to have travelled to any of the hotspots in the last month for it to get to any location. Some people landed with Patrick Sawyerr from Togo that day right? Until every one of them can be accounted for, everyone around you could be a carrier, so be as cautious as possible.
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by drealdoc89(m): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2014

It always does...
of cos,IT WILL!
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by joshphorlarb: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2014
this thing s no respecter of tribe here o.it ws in liberia b4,nw in lagos,2mao,it may b in ur so-calld north! And u knw wht dat means.it wil b worse if it get to ur side there.i m nt praying 4 dat sha
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by WebclickNG: 10:15am On Aug 07, 2014
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by nnekaregy(f): 10:34am On Aug 07, 2014
alotofgrace: well...

experts.... always wrong

why-we-should-believe-the-dreamers-and-not-the-experts i read this thread on LinkedIn
I read it too and I believe the man,experts are conservative thinkers.

1 Like

Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by pinkishgal(f): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
WE SHALL OVER COME!
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by ihedinobi2: 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2014
This isn't quite true. The experiment did not prove any such thing. See this thread for the analysis of the experiment and its findings: www.nairaland.com/1847653/re-experts-say-transmission-ebola
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
Dear Nairalanders please sign the petition. It is by a doctor and his name is Ahmed Tejan-Sie MD and he wants us to get the FDA (USA) to fast-track testing of a possible treatment for Ebola. This petition on change.org requires another 12,000 supporters.

I am pleading to all Nairalanders to support this noble cause, don't joke with this problem called Ebola. We remember the massive amounts of deaths that SARS caused in south east asian countries, please let us support this cause, it takes only 1 minute... just 1 minute to sign and please invite your friends to sign the petition. We would all live long to play with our grandchildren and great-grandchildren amen!

Please go there and chip in with your support. Let's do something - anything - to stem the tide that looks set to consume us all...

Sign here RIGHT NOW - DON'T POSTPONE THIS:

http://www.change.org/petitions/food-and-drug-adminstration-fast-track-drug-and-vaccine-research-for-ebola-hemorrhagic-fever

PS: PLEASE ALSO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO SIGN THE PETITION.
Re: Experts Say Transmission Of Ebola Virus By Air Possible by Ndababa(m): 2:52am On Aug 08, 2014
Last week on our way from Addis Ababa to Dubai a woman asked me to take her photo with her phone... I wanted to decline...

Fear of Ebola!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SHAME: Over 50m Nigerians Defecate Openly (Pictured)–UNICEF / Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.