Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel (1464 Views)

Check Engine Light Problem On My Camry 2.2L Manual / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 1,8T Sport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel by realcomet(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2014
Hi friends,
I always appreciate varoius solutions posted on dis forum as regards cars. I am one of d people that choose to study their cars well & fix many issues personally which ordinarily wil b aggravated by local mechanics al in d name of condeming some car systems (like d vacuum lines) that they are rily not doin much in d system. Hence exposing ones car to various probems.
I own a 1994 toyota camry 2.2L (orobo) & also toyota carina E 1.8L (Lean burn)
Recently, I noticed that the fuel system in my camry is becoming pocket unfriendly that I decide to take my carina out most times. The same fuel that wil drive my carina E for a whole week will drive my camry in just 2-3 days without AC. Before I was thinking its because its a bigger engine but please friends is the difference supposed to b that much. Or wat can b the main cause of this? I'm getting riy worried. I will rily appreciate your response to help me out. Thanks.
Re: My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel by kingschild123(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2014
For high fuel consumption, there is a very important part that you need to either clean or change - Its the Air filter. If you have a bad air-flow meter; you would be having rough idle and your vehicle will be shaking and stuff like that.

Tell them to remove the air filter - Its a framed paper like thing. Mostly, people just take it to a Vulcanizer to blow - but in your case I will suggest you have it changed.

Also have them thoroughly clean the airflow system - all the hose and the part of it that attaches to the throttle body. Also have them clean the injector/nussles.

Summary:
Most important is the air filter (Change it), then clean the air system - from the air filter housing to the big hose, then to that part of the throttle body that the big hose connects to.

Test for a while and observe; then if you dont get an impressive mileage you can have them service the injector/nuzzle system.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MUST BE DONE BY A REWIRE. NOT A MECHANIC.
Re: My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel by Edunwa302(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
Check ur tale pipe en see if it got a thick dark smoke deposits
U might check by dipping one of your finger on the take pipe end
Re: My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel by aAK1(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2014
My 96 is also doing same. I discovered the big filter hose has a leak.
Re: My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel by mayor2013: 3:20am On Aug 11, 2014
I want to believe you have the check engine light on on your instrument cluster. If you do run a scan first to pinpoint the exact cause of excessive fuel consumption. There are a whole lot in car that could lead to high fuel consumption. So pls run a scan first
Re: My Camry 1994 2.2L (orobo) Now Sucks Fuel by autofixng: 7:11am On Aug 11, 2014
Their are so many factors that contribute to high fuel consumption and it all started by;
1. Removal of thermostat: when thermostat is remove, the early cold start in the morning will take a longer time for the engine to attain it's optimum running temperature. As it takes time for the engine to get to this temperature, thus the system will be in an open loop till it attain the normal running temperature.
2. Running of Fan direct: removal of thermostat alone will take a longer period for the engine to attain the optimal running temperature, now the Fan too will also start as you turn on the ignition which takes more time if not even will not allow the engine to get to the optimal running temperature.
Once engine did not get to this normal running temperature, the computer will always command the system to be in open loop thereby inject more fuel into the system.
3. A dirty air induction system also has a great impact on your fuel efficiency.
4. Spark plugs also have a role to play in your fuel efficiency as the use if recommended spark plugs will save fuel.

(1) (Reply)

Car Choice Of SUV: BMW Vs Hyundai [PHOTO] / RX 330 Lexus 2006 And Nissan Murano 2009 Which Should I Go For? / Where Can I Change My Catalytic Converter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.