Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

I'm Setting Up A Coderdojo In Kano - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Setting Up A Coderdojo In Kano (702 Views)

Setting Up Your Email Using Mandrill / Setting Up Database For Huge Sites / Cost & Requirements Of Setting Up A Software Productn Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm Setting Up A Coderdojo In Kano by kishimi8(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2014
hello to all my peeps in kano ,, I'm setting up a coderdojo in kano ,,
me and some professional coders will be teaching kids and people who
wanna learn how to code for free,, ,.
for more info check the kano github or zen.coderdojo.com/dojo/194/ .,.
updates on location and time will be posted later,,

nb:coderdojo is a program by the hello world foundation , which aims to get kids and interested wannabe
coders the needed basic knowledge
to kickstart them in programming.,.,,

for more details

Hello World Foundation charter for CoderDojo
"CoderDojo" shall mean the open source, volunteer led movement orientated around running free not-for-profit coding clubs. "Dojos" shall mean the not-for profit coding clubs established to support communities and spread the philosophy of CoderDojo.

All Dojos are independent, autonomous, community groups set up to inspire young people to learn code. All Dojos have different styles of operating but they all hold the same ethos.

We commit to inspiring and supporting young people to learn how to create technology
We commit to always uphold the best interests of the young people attending our Dojo and ensuring best-practices are followed
We commit to the highest possible standards of child protection in our jurisdiction
We commit to not charging children attending nor their parents
We commit to encourage parent participation within our Dojo
We commit to sharing our knowledge for free (libre and open)
We commit to share our knowledge within our Dojo and to other Dojos
We commit to take care and uphold the good name of the global CoderDojo community
We commit to encouraging collaboration, peer to peer mentoring and project work between the attendees
We commit to welcoming volunteers and children regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, creed, religion or ability.
Hello World Foundation (HWF) commitments to you:

HWF commits to act in the interest of the global CoderDojo community
HWF commits to facilitating the community to share its knowledge
HWF commits to sharing our resources for free
HWF commits to encouraging active involvement in our organisation

http://zen.coderdojo.com/charter

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VB.NET Access Specifiers / How To Create A Contact Form For Your Website / 5 Tips To Improve Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.