Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? (655 Views)

Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head / The Head Of Goliath Discorved By A German Archeologist, Dr Martin. / Boko-Haram Shot Man In The Head For Refusing To Deny Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2014
There is this rumour going around that the Pastor or MOG is the head of the local and national church , do you agree with this ?

This is my take on the matter ;

Your Pastor might be the king of RCCG, Deeperlife, Mountain of Fire, Mountain of Zion, Apostolic Faith , electric ministries, do or die church etc , but he is not and will never be the head of even the smallest unit of the church which is the family.

This is the rule for headship of the body of Christ.

Individual level

"But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." - 1 Corinthians 11:3

- Head of Christ is GOD
- Christ is the head of MAN
- Man is head of the wife

Corporate level.

" as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." - Ephesians 5:23

"And do not be called masters either, because you have one Master, the Messiah. " - Matthew 23:10

[size=14pt]No MAN or MOG or Pastor is the head of either the church as a whole or even the smallest unit which is the family.

They can be the head of their denominations or kingdoms, but this has nothing to with Christ.[/size]

Thanks.
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2014
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks.
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by PastorKun(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
frosbel: There is this rumour going around that the Pastor or MOG is the head of the local and national church , do you agree with this ?

This is my take on the matter ;

Your Pastor might be the king of RCCG, Deeperlife, Mountain of Fire, Mountain of Zion, Apostolic Faith , electric ministries, do or die church etc , but he is not and will never be the head of even the smallest unit of the church which is the family.

This is the rule for headship of the body of Christ.

Individual level

"But there is one thing I want you to know: The head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God." - 1 Corinthians 11:3

- Head of Christ is GOD
- Christ is the head of MAN
- Man is head of the wife

Corporate level.

" as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." - Ephesians 5:23

"And do not be called masters either, because you have one Master, the Messiah. " - Matthew 23:10

[size=14pt]No MAN or MOG or Pastor is the head of either the church as a whole or even the smallest unit which is the family.

They can be the head of their denominations or kingdoms, but this has nothing to with Christ.[/size]

Thanks.

Christ is clearly the undisputed head of the church, any other person is an imposter. The 1 corinthian verse you quote also clearly debunks the pagan doctrine of trinity that is so wide spread in churches today grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by Goshen360(m): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
While I understand what you, the OP is saying, that is, not Lording over the Lord's sheep. We should also understand it is the same Lord, who is the HEAD of the church that has and GOD who is HEAD of all that has given men to be in church of the church ministries. You, frosbel are also one of the people ministering to the church of Christ...via the Internet. Ephesians 4:11-12, 1 Corinthians 12:27-31
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 07, 2014
^^

Yes , Ministering which is different to being the head of that local fellowship, group or church.

Jesus is present where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name which means he wants to be the head at all times, places, situations etc.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by shdemidemi(m): 9:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
frosbel: ^^

Yes , Ministering which is different to being the head of that local fellowship, group or church.

Jesus is present where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name which means he wants to be the head at all times, places, situations etc.

Jesus isn't the physical head but the spiritual head of the church. However, men are called to lead, teach and put the house in order according to the standard in our pastoral doctrines.
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by JesusisLord85: 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi:

Jesus isn't the physical head but the spiritual head of the church. However, men are called to lead, teach and put the house in order according to the standard in our pastoral doctrines.

So why are women teaching/instructing at your demonic e-grace convention?
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by shdemidemi(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
JesusisLord85:

So why are women teaching/instructing at your demonic e-grace convention?

Whose e-grace convention?

How did you come to the conclusion that it is demonic?
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by JesusisLord85: 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi:

Whose e-grace convention?

How did you come to the conclusion that it is demonic?

that nairaland grace convention.

I know who the headliners are and I know thy doctrines.
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by shdemidemi(m): 9:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
JesusisLord85:

that nairaland grace convention.

I know who the headliners are and I know thy doctrines.
So how did it suddenly become my e-grace convention?
Re: Who Is The Head Of The Local or National Church ? by JesusisLord85: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
shdemidemi:
So how did it suddenly become my e-grace convention?

E, as in it is online, rather than a physical gathering of Judah's fallen

(1) (Reply)

Ebola;don't Allow Them To Manipulate Ur Mind / My Rapture Dream / How Many Christians Are Rushing To Hell With 911 Buses - Elisabeth, Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.