Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years (22047 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years / NFF Protests Fraudulent Refereeing Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by donsmall94(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Howard Webb has ended his 25-year refereeing career after being appointed technical director of the official referees' association.
Webb has officiated 500 Premier League and Football League matches and the 2010 World Cup final.
The 43-year-old began his career in 1989, progressing through the Northern Counties and Football League to become a Select Group referee in 2003.
"I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career," said Webb.
Webb was involved in nine major international tournaments, taking charge in the Champions League final, and also officiated in every major domestic final.
During this year's World Cup in Brazil, he took charge in the Group C match between Colombia and Ivory Coast and the first knockout match between Brazil and Chile.
And in 2011 he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire for services to football.

Howard Webb was awarded an MBE in 2011 for services to football
"Refereeing has given me so much and I think it's important that match officials who have had the rewards remain in the game to pass on their knowledge," he said.
As technical director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), Webb will be responsible for overseeing the technical direction and standards which govern match officials.
"The current Select Group are the best referees this country has ever produced and I am thrilled that I not only get the chance to continue working with them but also the opportunity to help develop the next generation of Select Group officials," he added.
"It's an incredibly positive working environment and we all have a common goal of improving refereeing."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28678139

1 Like

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Etumgbe(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
Finally I made. Glory be to God. Patience is the key to success. Oga Seun thank you for giving us this forum.

Back to topic:::: Hope man united will hold a very big retirement party for him.

30 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by wckabuoh(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
really. But tot I was gonna be the first to comment!! shocked
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Ok.. nd Good..
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by 100ksalescom(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Etumgbe: .

angry
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Theben(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2014
Good riddance

1 Like

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Abimloaded(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
The title of this thread should be "Manchester United Referee Retires from Football Referring"

PS:- Pinshure of him retiring or adonbilivit ;(

43 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Smartlux(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
eya!!! undecided
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by stevebond007(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Gud ref... if not 4 d MAN U conspiracy theory

3 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by hensben(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
web=man united, he really helped SAF in his carreer in terms of officiating

15 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by bennyrazz: 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
manU don enter one chance

6 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Alenkakent(m): 2:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thank God for his lyf
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by nitrogen(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Webb!

Pele and Maradona, greatest players, Howard Webb, greatest referee.

15 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Chei! the Man-U ref has retired! shocked

3 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by CharlieMaria(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
No picture? kiss

Edited: When will S. Blatter retire? Abi im never try?

6 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by nerodenero: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
Another loss for Manchester United grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by gerrardomendes(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2014
To all man u fans, am afraid i've got some bad news

(Man utd + moyes + howard webb) - sir alex = out of europe
(Man utd + van Gaal) - (sir alex + howard webb) =Relegation
- Chike Obi, 2014

36 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by LordMecuzy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Why so many fulls stop on this thread

5 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by LilPeezy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
donsmall94: Howard Webb has ended his 25-year refereeing career after being appointed technical director of the official referees' association.
Webb has officiated 500 Premier League and Football League matches and the 2010 World Cup final.
The 43-year-old began his career in 1989, progressing through the Northern Counties and Football League to become a Select Group referee in 2003.
"I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career," said Webb.
Webb was involved in nine major international tournaments, taking charge in the Champions League final, and also officiated in every major domestic final.
During this year's World Cup in Brazil, he took charge in the Group C match between Colombia and Ivory Coast and the first knockout match between Brazil and Chile.
And in 2011 he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire for services to football.

Howard Webb was awarded an MBE in 2011 for services to football
"Refereeing has given me so much and I think it's important that match officials who have had the rewards remain in the game to pass on their knowledge," he said.
As technical director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), Webb will be responsible for overseeing the technical direction and standards which govern match officials.
"The current Select Group are the best referees this country has ever produced and I am thrilled that I not only get the chance to continue working with them but also the opportunity to help develop the next generation of Select Group officials," he added.
"It's an incredibly positive working environment and we all have a common goal of improving refereeing."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28678139
HMMMMMM DIS MAN DY WICKED SUMTYMS SHA.......MAN U REF I GUES??
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Afrocatalyst: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Yes,the best so far if nt for the man u stuff.

25yrs... No be beans o.
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Xavier9ja(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
make we do sign anoda refree ASAP. LVG oya take money sign martin atkinson or mike dean. #GGMU

7 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by eghos12(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
hahaha webb has left united now he wants to joing the elders of refrees to decide matches before it even start .

9 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by BrAkingNews: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
good to hear

Young Girl Share Nak*d Shower Selfie On Twitter. Is This Right?
>>>> http://www./nigerian-celebrities-scandals/young-girl-share-nakd-shower-selfie-on-twitter/
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by venorite(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Man utd don get problem, no more match fixing grin
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Noblepeace: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
minus one for LVG.....Na only MAN U waka come

1 Like

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by kkkp: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thank God o!!!!!! Man U cannot intimidate us again
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by slap1(m): 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Manchester United legend. They should retire his jersey.

2 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by OLAplusONE(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Howard Webb....Old Trafford will never forget you. Olojoro buruku!!!

8 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by wellmax(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
A refereeing legend. Well done Howard

1 Like

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Rilwayne001: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
RIP in advance @ Man united...your Ojoro Refree has retired grin

grin

grin

How una go take beat Arsenal this season now?
Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by nerodenero: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
CharlieMaria: No picture? kiss

2 Likes

Re: Howard Webb Retires From Refereeing After 25 Years by Fatdon(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
embarassed Will miss him very much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea To Put Stadium Plans On Hold After Abramovich UK Visa Delay / Tottenham Fan Arrested For Throwing Banana At Aubameyang / Cristiano, Messi And Salah Battling To Be Named Best Player Of The 21 Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.