Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Tips For Djs - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tips For Djs (19080 Views)

Energyradio365 Is Currently Looking For Djs And Presenters / Thread For Djs / Naija Jamz Extended Versions For Djs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Djs by tzargeemedia: 2:33pm On May 09, 2017
ezzylee:

Guy, won't be able to help on this one. Haven't had experience with any controller before.
Buh I think you should find a particular style/way with which you'll place your fingers on the jog wheel so as to be comfortable manipulating the jog wheel with ease.
smiley

Cc 4C2215131

Check online, there are different djs with unbelievable scratching on the SB 2.Planning to buy one soon also. But if you wan sell this one, i dey available.
Re: Tips For Djs by sconp: 2:38pm On May 09, 2017
haryomikun:

Of course bro. How're you man. Long time
I just dey man. Lost your number, enjoy!
Re: Tips For Djs by 4C2215131: 7:31pm On May 09, 2017
ezzylee:

Guy, won't be able to help on this one. Haven't had experience with any controller before.
Buh I think you should find a particular style/way with which you'll place your fingers on the jog wheel so as to be comfortable manipulating the jog wheel with ease.
smiley

Cc 4C2215131

While scratching is a hallmark of DJs (especially Hip-Hop DJs), it's does not alone make you a good DJ. In fact the highest paid DJs in the world are not scratch DJs, most are European DJS into the house,dance, trance, grunge, dub-step and techno scenes.

So, master the art of "mixing" very well, add scratching skills to that and you should get your own toilet paper cos then you're the shiit!

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 8:50pm On May 09, 2017
4C2215131:

While scratching is a hallmark of DJs (especially Hip-Hop DJs), it's does not alone make you a good DJ. In fact the highest paid DJs in the world are not scratch DJs, most are European DJS into the house,dance, trance, grunge, dub-step and techno scenes.

So, master the art of "mixing" very well, add scratching skills to that and you should get your own toilet paper cos then you're the shiit!

Lool..... The shiit.

I agree with what youve said . Just feel that scratching adds a whole new flavor to your set/mix.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 12:11am On May 10, 2017
ezzylee:

smiley

Cc 4C2215131

Sure lol. Am learning from 'scratch' lol. Trying to perfect the baby scratch for now. Am actually better at it than I was yesterday lol. Plus the fingers on the jogwheel thing. I never still decide whether to place middle finger alone or middle and ring finger

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 12:14am On May 10, 2017
tzargeemedia:

Check online, there are different djs with unbelievable scratching on the SB 2.Planning to buy one soon also. But if you wan sell this one, i dey available.
Lol baba. I no dey sell. Ever ever

Besides I checked yesterday.,, there were dope scratches on even small controllers. Although thing is most of the exprienced guys on the controlers started on vinyl. Some even admitted scratching on the controller was a bit harder but not much difference. Am perfecting it now sha..
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 12:17am On May 10, 2017
4C2215131:

I know bro lol. But that scratching na bragging rights joor cheesy I need am... Besides scratching adds so much spice to mixtapes!
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 12:18am On May 10, 2017
sconp:
I just dey man. Lost your number, enjoy!
Chain. And here u was thinking you no dey do whatsapp again. This is it bro... 07068416632
Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 2:09am On May 10, 2017
haryomikun:

Sure lol. Am learning from 'scratch' lol. Trying to perfect the baby scratch for now. Am actually better at it than I was yesterday lol. Plus the fingers on the jogwheel thing. I never still decide whether to place middle finger alone or middle and ring finger

Lol... Dunno what to say sha. Just find the one that suits you even if na your head you go take dey scratch grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2017
ezzylee:

Lol... Dunno what to say sha. Just find the one that suits you even if na your head you go take dey scratch grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kuku kill me na cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Djs by 4C2215131: 3:32pm On May 10, 2017
haryomikun:

I know bro lol. But that scratching na bragging rights joor cheesy I need am... Besides scratching adds so much spice to mixtapes!

Not telling you to forego scratching. Telling you not to practice it to the neglect of practicing other aspects of the art.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Djs by sconp: 3:40pm On May 10, 2017
ezzylee:

Lol, that year I beenknow guy wey dey use both head and mouth
Re: Tips For Djs by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:52pm On May 10, 2017
DeeHaywire:

Looool. Local DJs u mean bro
Dj is a Dj , nothing like local Dj.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2017
All these ur rules and points do they apply to REALITY DJS? All I see is virtual DJs,
Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 6:26pm On May 10, 2017
sconp:

Lol..... Where the guy dey nau.make he come teach us
Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 6:32pm On May 10, 2017
DJMCOTTY:
All these ur rules and points do they apply to REALITY DJS? All I see is virtual DJs,

All these apply to reality. We mostly mention virtual dj coz that's what's mostly accessible to us and that's the most common dj software in Nigeria( I think.... Correct me if I'm wrong).

And @4C2215131 talked severally about moving from the comfort zone of using virtual dj without any controllers and stepping up our game to actually using controllers/turntables to mix music. He even mentioned crowd reading and so many other things which aren't gonna be taught in virtual dj.

Thank you.
Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 6:36pm On May 10, 2017
@haywire even purchased a controller coz he wants to UP his game.
Re: Tips For Djs by sconp: 6:58pm On May 10, 2017
haryomikun:

Chain. And here u was thinking you no dey do whatsapp again. This is it bro... 07068416632
I dey even thoughsay na sometimes.
Re: Tips For Djs by sconp: 7:01pm On May 10, 2017
ezzylee:

Lol..... Where the guy dey nau.make he come teach us
lol
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2017
sconp:
I dey even thoughsay na sometimes.
message me jor
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 5:56pm On May 11, 2017
DJMCOTTY:
Dj is a Dj , nothing like local Dj.
in the logical aspect that's true bro
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 5:58pm On May 11, 2017
sconp:

you don smoke ohh cheesy
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 6:04pm On May 11, 2017
ezzylee:

All these apply to reality. We mostly mention virtual dj coz that's what's mostly accessible to us and that's the most common dj software in Nigeria( I think.... Correct me if I'm wrong).

And @4C2215131 talked severally about moving from the comfort zone of using virtual dj without any controllers and stepping up our game to actually using controllers/turntables to mix music. He even mentioned crowd reading and so many other things which aren't gonna be taught in virtual dj.

Thank you.
bro, ignore am. the guy doesn't seem like someone who can quickly grab things cheesy

even in the foreign DJ world, people try to downplay those with controllers and laptop DJs. fact is people usually start on laptops in this age. not like back then when u needed a DJ friend's turntable to practise with.
djmcotty you wey dey talk, if you been no get turntable near you or something to practise with first, would you have started ur career by buying a CDJ/Vinyl turntable to delve into a career you haven't even learnt?? swerve make we see road baba grin This thread is for mature people man

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by DJMCOTTY(m): 7:43pm On May 13, 2017
haryomikun:

bro, ignore am. the guy doesn't seem like someone who can quickly grab things cheesy

even in the foreign DJ world, people try to downplay those with controllers and laptop DJs. fact is people usually start on laptops in this age. not like back then when u needed a DJ friend's turntable to practise with.
djmcotty you wey dey talk, if you been no get turntable near you or something to practise with first, would you have started ur career by buying a CDJ/Vinyl turntable to delve into a career you haven't even learnt?? swerve make we see road baba grin This thread is for mature people man
the truth is I have no idea what you are driving at. I only asked a simple question and the responded to my understanding. Why are you bitter? Did I mention that virtual DJs are to be downplayed? That's the sole problem with some peopke , you read or listen not to understand but to argue.and besides what stupid knowledge do you think you have that someone else doesn't? You dare open your mouth to say that you are matured man? And you can't assimilate. Guy! Do well o.
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 8:09pm On May 13, 2017
DJMCOTTY:
the truth is I have no idea what you are driving at. I only asked a simple question and the responded to my understanding. Why are you bitter? Did I mention that virtual DJs are to be downplayed? That's the sole problem with some peopke , you read or listen not to understand but to argue.and besides what stupid knowledge do you think you have that someone else doesn't? You dare open your mouth to say that you are matured man? And you can't assimilate. Guy! Do well o.
If you had a standard brain sir, you'd have known the tips given by the OP was for all DJs not the 'virtual DJs' as you supposed... Tips DJs who wanna murder a party. You're one of the people who only read the first paragraph of an article and conclude based on the first paragraph alone

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by 4C2215131: 9:12pm On May 13, 2017
Guys, take it easy.

We're all here to learn as nobody has monopoly over knowledge.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 12:35am On May 14, 2017
My bosses @haryomikun & @DJMCOTTY , abeg make we calm down ehn.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 12:52am On May 14, 2017
4C2215131:
Guys, take it easy.

We're all here to learn as nobody has monopoly over knowledge.

Regards.
Sure sir!
Re: Tips For Djs by haryomikun(m): 12:52am On May 14, 2017
ezzylee:
My bosses @haryomikun & @DJMCOTTY , abeg make we calm down ehn.
You be my oga oh! No think am
Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 1:51am On May 19, 2017
Hey guys.... finally I've done my mixtape.

Please you guys can download it from the link below and tell me what you think.

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/219098

Cc @haryomikun @4C2215131
Re: Tips For Djs by hustleranthem(m): 12:31pm On May 19, 2017
Weldone all d sabi Dj's in d house.I greet una wit maximum respect..I believe we can all learn from each other..I just started the DJ stuff and I believe we will all get to our final destination.what we need is focus and determination.

One problem I have is how to sync songs into one BPM.sometimes when I do it,it goes off key like one playing faster than d other one..so I need assistance on that..

DJ Ragga
Re: Tips For Djs by ezzylee(m): 1:39pm On May 19, 2017
hustleranthem:
Weldone all d sabi Dj's in d house.I greet una wit maximum respect..I believe we can all learn from each other..I just started the DJ stuff and I believe we will all get to our final destination.what we need is focus and determination.

One problem I have is how to sync songs into one BPM.sometimes when I do it,it goes off key like one playing faster than d other one..so I need assistance on that..

DJ Ragga

Hey mehn.... welcome to this thread.
Is it that you have a problem beat matching or after you've beat matched, the song still doesn't go?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Youtube Takes Down GabbyG AMEN Featuring Mr. NATURE Over Copyright Infringement / Musical Video Shot With Iphone 5s - By Dyoungstar For Yet Films Ng. / Does Anyone Here Know How To Extract Instrumentals From A Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.