Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Goodnews To Chelsea Fans As Webb Retires - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Goodnews To Chelsea Fans As Webb Retires (798 Views)

Howard Webb To Officiate Manchester Derby / Howard Webb To Officiate Manchester United Vs Chelsea On Sunday. / Howard Webb To Referee Manchester United’s Final Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews To Chelsea Fans As Webb Retires by lewis512(m): 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Howard Webb has called time on his 25-year career in refereeing to become technical director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL).

Webb, 43, retires after refereeing at the very top of football. In 2010 he became the first man to referee both the Champions League and World Cup finals in the same year.

"I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career after a wonderfully rewarding 25 years on the pitch," Webb said. "I have spent over a decade with the best seat in the house for Barclays Premier League matches, been lucky enough to be involved in nine UEFA and FIFA tournaments, and taken charge of the UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup finals.

"Refereeing has given me so much and it's important that match officials who have had the rewards remain in the game to pass on their knowledge. I also have much more to learn about the business of refereeing and the best place for me to do that is with PGMOL.

"It's an incredibly positive working environment and we all have a common goal of improving refereeing."

Before becoming a full-time referee, Webb was a policeman in South Yorkshire.
Re: Goodnews To Chelsea Fans As Webb Retires by 1025: 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2718012/Howard-Webb-calls-time-officiating-viral-images-emerge-mocking-apparent-allegiance-years-Man-United.html

i was reading things on dailymail.co.uk today and this is what i saw about the evil man - howard webb.

Re: Goodnews To Chelsea Fans As Webb Retires by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 1:46am On Aug 08, 2014
No need rejoicing. He is now the Oga at the top. If he is corrupt, he can influence more games.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal / Becks Heading To The Mls! / Another Record Set By The Gunners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.