Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics) (2396 Views)

After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos) / Couple Married For 62 Years Die Hours Apart / Theresa Faiss, One-half Of The Longest Married Couple, Dies At 97 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics) by dridowu: 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
Relatives decided that Maxine and Don Simpson should be together in their Bakersfield home for their final hours after their health began to fail.
They were together until the very end.
A California couple who’d been married for 62 years died — lying next to each other — just four hours apart.
Maxine and Don Simpson died peacefully in their Bakersfield home last month, surrounded by friends and family.
The pair spent more six decades together and raised two adopted sons when Don fell and broke his hip two weeks ago.
During the same period, his wife began losing her battle with cancer.
Civil engineer Don was admitted to hospital, but his health — and that of his spouse — seriously started to fail.

"I knew in my heart this is what's supposed to happen," granddaughter Melissa Sloan told KERO News.
“Grandma and grandpa are supposed to be together and grandma and grandpa are going to die together,” she added.
Sloan said she called up her sister and said they had “one shot” to get the couple together.
Moved into a spare room in the family's home, they pushed their grandparents' beds together so they could hold hands.

Shortly after, Maxine took her last breath. Then, about four hours later, Don did the same.
“I walked them out with her body, walked back in to check on grandpa and he quit breathing as soon as her body left the room,” Sloan said.
“He left with her, and they passed four hours apart from each other,” she added. “It's just amazing. It really is amazing. It's a true love story.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/calif-couple-dies-4-hours-62-years-marriage-article-1.1890880#ixzz39eH4tfgK

Re: Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics) by Chanchit: 10:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
This kyn love makes me wonder.
I've seen this kind of love in Bowen teaching hospital Ogbomosho, na so this old couple enter , I think the man has problem with his penis, so they came to change the rubber he pee into..
Re: Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Chaii...true love never ends smiley smiley kiss kiss kiss
Re: Couple Dies Just 4 Hours Apart After 62 Years Of Marriage (Pics) by Dereformer(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
O death! thou shall die.

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Depression / I Want To Go Back To Nigeria!! / Under-18 Domestic Servants Banned In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.