Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares (2460 Views)

3D Graphics Artist Urgently Needed!!! / Easy 3D Graphics Design Studio / Checkout my 3d Graphics Portfolio(Made with Maya)Get maya video tutorials too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
After a long wait I finally was able to nail a powerful enough laptop for my intended CG career ,but getting softwares has been a headache... I mean $4k for a software?,, seriously? I could buy a car wit dat undecided

So please... Can anyone already in d field or who just happens to know where I can get the 3D modeling n animation softwares for free or at most a reasonable humane price... Plz comment here...drop links or contacts... Plz oooo

SOFTWARES NEEDED:

Autodesk Maya 2014

Autodesk 3Ds max 2014

Cinema 4D 2014

Zbrush

Adobe aftereffects

Motion builder

Vray

Etc...

U get my drift...plz help in anyway u can
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by write2obi(m): 12:00am On Aug 07, 2014
Bros pls am really interested in knowing how some of these animated movies are made, i mean how can one learn how to do that? What course should someone who intented making a career out of it study?
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 7:07am On Aug 07, 2014
Plz ooo...help me oo NAIRALANDERS PLZ OO
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by felixchip(m): 7:16am On Aug 07, 2014
If you can lay your hands on Maya or Blender 3D,
I'll advise you go for it. Those are the 3D programs that fully aids your working from modelling, animating, good game development environment.

Blender is free. But, being free doesn't make it inferior, it's REAL good. I MEAN GOOD. While Maya is sold. Check the cost on their site.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2014
felixchip: If you can lay your hands on Maya or Blender 3D,
I'll advise you go for it. Those are the 3D programs that fully aids your working from modelling, animating, good game development environment.

Blender is free. But, being free doesn't make it inferior, it's REAL good. I MEAN GOOD. While Maya is sold. Check the cost on their site.

I have blender already..+ tuts.

But d site using using to learn doesn't have much on blender
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by felixchip(m): 7:44am On Aug 07, 2014
CODEEATER:

I have blender already..+ tuts.

But d site using using to learn doesn't have much on blender

Youtube is your best friend. The thing is that most people think that 'cause Blender is free, that other programs are better.
It's one of the Best.

Youtube will get you on track.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by 3dmagnus(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2014
well am a 3d person
Got 3d maya, with enough tuts to blow your mind away. Got after effects too. And tuts. I have reasonable knowledge. Confirm from my youtube page, www.youtube.com/shakeobros. And contact me on 08135031267

1 Like

Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by prof800(m): 10:05am On Aug 07, 2014
CODEEATER: After a long wait I finally was able to nail a powerful enough laptop for my intended CG career ,but getting softwares has been a headache... I mean $4k for a software?,, seriously? I could buy a car wit dat undecided

So please... Can anyone already in d field or who just happens to know where I can get the 3D modeling n animation softwares for free or at most a reasonable humane price... Plz comment here...drop links or contacts... Plz oooo

SOFTWARES NEEDED:

Autodesk Maya 2014

Autodesk 3Ds max 2014

Cinema 4D 2014

Zbrush

Adobe aftereffects

Motion builder

Vray

Etc...

I think you have to buy ooo..

Or continue using freewares like blender 3d.

I wish you success.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by spywareczar(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2014
Codeeater you stay in lagos??
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by 3dmagnus(m): 11:54am On Aug 07, 2014
i have got those softwares. if you were close, i would have given them to you for 1k each. very affordable.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
3dmagnus: i have got those softwares. if you were close, i would have given them to you for 1k each. very affordable.

And where r u?
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
spywareczar: Codeeater you stay in lagos??

No..any problem?
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by spywareczar(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2014
CODEEATER:

No..any problem?
seems you don't really need what you posted, is "any problem?" The right response?, you re suppose to tell me where u stay
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2014
spywareczar: seems you don't really need what you posted, is "any problem?" The right response?, you re suppose to tell me where u stay

Plz o...don't get me wrong... I was by no means trying to b or sound insulting...jst curious to know y u asked...i.e incase u do have d softwares ,so we can find away to connect since m nt based in lag...
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by spywareczar(m): 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
CODEEATER:

Plz o...don't get me wrong... I was by no means trying to b or sound insulting...jst curious to know y u asked...i.e incase u do have d softwares ,so we can find away to connect since m nt based in lag...
all this ur long gist, u still didn't tell me whre u base
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2014
spywareczar: all this ur long gist, u still didn't tell me whre u base
Based in delta....but current in skul..uniben..Benin
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Yinksey(m): 12:06am On Aug 08, 2014
blender 3D is very good, despite it is free, and there are lots if tutorial out there on YouTube, and some other sites like blenderguru.com (Andrew price), cgcookie.com, cgi.tutsplus.com and so on, blender can get you started, but if you want paid stuff you can go for autodesk maya.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Allanosayi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
CODEEATER: After a long wait I finally was able to nail a powerful enough laptop for my intended CG career ,but getting softwares has been a headache... I mean $4k for a software?,, seriously? I could buy a car wit dat undecided

SOFTWARES NEEDED:

Autodesk Maya 2014

Autodesk 3Ds max 2014

Cinema 4D 2014

Zbrush

Adobe aftereffects

Motion builder

Vray

Etc...

try a torrent site
they will have it
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
At OP, am into it and I have what U r asking for, but am in IB.
I only want to give U some pics of advice, if U want to learn all those U listed at once, I swear to God, 5 years U r still learning and doing research.
U need to define d field U want to go into, VFX, Game, Modelling, Animation, Motion Graphics, Sculpting etc.
Am not bragging, I know most of the softwares they use for all these, even more than that & if I want to get and learn them, I can. It's just an issue of time & $$$ but the truth is that I will become aged while still learning them y, some of them r damn complex, and through research I realized that it even takes some ppl years (mostly whites not to talk of blacks) to learn it & and be good on it. Atleast 3 years.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
And due to the fact that am going into it full time, I had to suspend my degree for research and training will resume when am done. I train at home everyday and I've spent money, I mean money on getting the packages I want to be using for Mograph. I hardly watch TV or movies.
Bottom line: determine which field U want to go, I will tell U the best packages U will need for it and U start hunting for them, time issue will only be ur main problem since U r still in sch.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
sofeco: And due to the fact that am going into it full time, I had to suspend my degree for research and training will resume when am done. I train at home everyday and I've spent money, I mean money on getting the packages I want to be using for Mograph. I hardly watch TV or movies.
Bottom line: determine which field U want to go, I will tell U the best packages U will need for it and U start hunting for them, time issue will only be ur main problem since U r still in sch.

My end target is d game industry... But it requires some knowledge in 3d modeling and animation..
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ok, U will need Maya and Houdini and probably zbrush or photoshop + dDo

Photoshop + dDo is for (advanced) texturing, dDo is a plugin for photoshop which U have to get separately, and they are both an alternatives to zBrush.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by CODEEATER(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
sofeco: Ok, U will need Maya and Houdini and probably zbrush or photoshop + dDo

Photoshop + dDo is for (advanced) texturing, dDo is a plugin for photoshop which U have to get separately, and they are both an alternatives to zBrush.
I'v managed to acquire 3ds max,blender,zbrush,nd cinema 4d, and have begun learning them via tutorials...
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
CODEEATER:
I'v managed to acquire 3ds max,blender,zbrush,nd cinema 4d, and have begun learning them via tutorials...
at least drop how you got them, so others looking for them could get them.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Chuksxy: 1:23am On Aug 21, 2014
For all my peeps who want to learn and acquire all the cg tutorials and software and in the world for free just do a quick Google search of Cg Persia or Cg peers then come back and thank me; though you'll need good internet and enough data to download smiley
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Shaunscot(m): 10:29am On Aug 24, 2014
If you really wanna learn Maya, you can get a Student version online at Autodesk website. Only difference is the annoying popup reminding you that its a student version whenever anyone opens your files.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by chancery: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
May be you might have noticed by now but it is difficult learning blender and maya at the same time, you just have to choose one that you enjoy to use. The problem is actually because of the completely different placement of commands and keyboard functions. But basically both perform the same function, it all depends on individual capability. If you are still looking for maya software I can help you with maya 2016.
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by aydriano(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
I am reqlli interestd in animation, video editing
.. bringn pictures to life.. hw does one start
.. wat certificate programmes can one learn abroad and here in nigeria...
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Princealex1(m): 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
chancery:
May be you might have noticed by now but it is difficult learning blender and maya at the same time, you just have to choose one that you enjoy to use. The problem is actually because of the completely different placement of commands and keyboard functions. But basically both perform the same function, it all depends on individual capability. If you are still looking for maya software I can help you with maya 2016.

But maya requires payment(i.e you have to buy it) even if one downloads as a student the free trial is just three yrs
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Princealex1(m): 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
3dmagnus:
i have got those softwares. if you were close, i would have given them to you for 1k each. very affordable.

Can a person activate a maya software that wasnt downloaded from autodesk.com?? Using a product key n serial nomba he got after registering
Re: New To 3d Graphics World-in Dire Need For Softwares by Princealex1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
spywareczar:
Codeeater you stay in lagos??

Can a person activate a maya software that wasnt downloaded from autodesk.com?? Using a product key n serial nomba he got after registering

(1) (Reply)

Draw Directly On Your Pc With Photoshop Or Sketchbook Pro With Ugee Tablets / Young Graphic Designer Wanted For Tee Shirt Clothing Label In Lagos / Learn Largeformat Printing Business Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.