Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,399 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:49 PM

Cell-phones And Bibles! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cell-phones And Bibles! (995 Views)

The Truth About Ruth The 'moabite'..grab Your Bibles / Was Ship Load Of BIBLES Really Sunk By Abiola? / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cell-phones And Bibles! by olunifemi(f): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2006
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones? What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets? What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it? What if we flipped through it several times a day? What if we used it to receive messages? What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it? What if we gave it to kids as gifts? What if we used it as we traveled? What if we used it in case of an emergency? What if we upgraded it to get the latest version? This is something to make you go, hmmm, where is my Bible? Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cellphones, we don't ever have to worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!!
Re: Cell-phones And Bibles! by olunifemi(f): 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2006
pple r not respondg
Re: Cell-phones And Bibles! by Nobody: 1:00am On Sep 27, 2006
olunifemi:

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones? What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets? What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it? What if we flipped through it several times a day? What if we used it to receive messages? What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it? What if we gave it to kids as gifts? What if we used it as we traveled? What if we used it in case of an emergency? What if we upgraded it to get the latest version? This is something to make you go, hmmm, where is my Bible? Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cellphones, we don't ever have to worry about our bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!!

If we did all this,we would be walking in the spirit at all times.
Isn't that what the Lord expects of us?
God help us.
Re: Cell-phones And Bibles! by jesuseun1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 29, 2006
olunifemi ,

i quite agree wit u,i think it's somtin we should all ponder upon.phones has separated most xtians from the love of christ.if most of the times we handle our bibles the way we handle our phones then the words of christ will daily be abiding in us which is wat God expects of us as xtians.

may God have mercy on us , because unconsciously one begin to give more special treatment to one phones than our bibles.

(1) (Reply)

If I Were To Be A Christian / Re: Kag: Atheism & The Dialectics Of Spirituality / What If It Happens Tonight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.