Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread (34210 Views)

EBOLA: Liberia's President Writes Heartbreaking Letter To The World / Ebola: Liberia's President Writes Moving Letter To The World / EBOLA: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by engrjoe(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
The Liberian Government on Thursday apologised to Nigeria over the importation of the deadly Ebola Virus by a Liberian-born American, Patrick Sawyer.

Sawyer arrived Lagos on July 20 from Lome but died five days after he was admitted into a hospital in Obalende when he showed Ebola virus symptoms.

The Liberian-born American came into contact with 59 people in both the Murtala Mohammed International Airport and the hospital. Eight of the hospital contacts were quarantined at the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Yaba. One of them, a matron, who died on Tuesday became the first Nigerian casualty. Five others, including a female medical doctor, had as of Wednesday, tested positive to the virus.

The Liberian Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Nurudeem Mohammed, told journalists in Abuja that President Ellen Sirleaf-Johnson, was deeply sorry that Sawyer brought the virus to Nigeria.

He said that the deceased was under surveillance in Liberia but that he sneaked into Lagos.

Mohammed said, “The Liberian President has personally called to apologise on the unfortunate development.

“She specifically said her country had declared a state of emergency over the Ebola epidermic in Liberia.

‘She equally apologised that Sawyer ignored medical advice and escaped out of Liberia.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ebola-virus-liberia-apologises-to-nigeria/

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by pastie(m): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2014
U for chain him na sad

36 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by pragmatistm(m): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
How did he manage to sneak out? Were the guards sleeping?

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Danhumprey: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Mistake of the higheast order! Now,many people are paying for this.angry

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Madam take your apologizes else where.

32 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by GenWOJUOLA(m): 4:30am On Aug 08, 2014
Aw abt d liberian who has taken it to morocco?? Are u guys just sharin d ebolas cos una no wan die alone?? Pls, Anybdy who has been detected to have this ebola should please be shot in the head @ once!!! Thats d fastest way to end dis shit... It may seem wicked, but aw do we stop it?

36 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Why All These Fuss Over Ebola? Why is the whole Nigeria agog with Ebola news? Why Is Everything on Nairaland now Ebola this, Ebola that? This disease I believe is not here yet on a large scale.... Just few isolated incidences which is under control.

Hope you people know that this is how exploitation begins? Very soon, different anti-Ebola drugs will flood the market, Pastors all over Nigeria will claim to have the cure for Ebola, Native Doctors will now turn to "Doro-Ebola-Destroyer"! This is what will happen soon, believe me.

If I may ask, why are people even afraid? Why are people afraid to die? Is death not a necessary end which must come to all? Even my fellow christians who want to go to heaven and see God, dont want to die! Have you people forgotten the injunction of St Paul im Romans 14:8 "WHETHER WE DIE OR LIVE, WE BELONG TO GOD!"

This is why I have always been an advocate of philosophy study for all. Philosophy will make you not take issues at surface level. It will make you see things others dont see. Take for instance; my brother came to me this morning and was shouting "Brother, take your bath with salt oo. They say it prevents and kills Ebola! I just burst out laughing. He was suprised and asked.. "Bro, why you dey laugh over this serious matter now".... I told him to sit down. When he sat down, I told him;

"Bro, as an analytical Philosopher, I find this your statement pretty nonsensical. Why? If salt truly cures ebola as they advertise, then we need not take any salt again to bath because the human person is a bag of salt in itself. O Yes! If you taste your tears, it is salty. If you taste the mucous from your nose, it is salty. If you taste your sweat due to heat, it is salty. If you taste your blood, it is salty. If you taste the oily dirt from your ear, it is salty and bitter. If you taste your urine, it is salty. And I believe that if your taste your faeces too, it will be salty!

So, if you have been following my line of thought, you will come to understand with me that taking any more salt to bath or to drink is pretty foolish. It will be overdose. God has made us salty enough. O Yes! Mattew 5:13 says and I qoute;

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."

So unless you are no longer salty or you lost your saltiness due to living in sin and living a wayward life, you may consider following the crowd of salt bathers and drinkers!

Please stop spreading all these Ebola nonsense all over facebook, BBM, Whatsapp and the internet. Stop being afraid. Fear is the first weapon the enemy uses to attack the children of God. Stop all theses fear and panicking. God is still there for us... O Yes. Psalm 46:10 tells us,

"Be still and acknowledge that I am God"

You can even take up a philosophical fatalist position that "WHATEVER WILL BE, WILL BE. And above all, remember that God is still in charge and he still has power over Ebola. O Yes... Psalm 115:3 says;

"Our God is in the heavens and he has power to do whatever he wills"

FINALLY, I CAN'T VOUCH FOR OTHERS BUT AS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY, WE ARE COVERED BY THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS! And by the word of God which says in Exodus 15:26

"I AM THE GOD THAT HEALETH THEE"!

N.B
The above advice is originally mine alone and represents my views alone. It is not a "copy and paste work". Either take it or leave it! Good Day!

93 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by yorke1: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
Apology accepted. Go and sin no-more child.

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Eyop: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
Will apologies stop the spread of the disease or treat those that are already infected

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
yorke1: Apology accepted. Go and sin no-more child.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by youngdoctor(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
seriously??..medicine after death..
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by aliumik: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ok,no wahala,but if i catch u again........

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by holyboy100: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by powerblaze(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenWOJUOLA: Aw abt d liberian who has taken it to morocco?? Are u guys just sharin d ebolas cos una no wan die alone?? Pls, Anybdy who has been detected to have this ebola should please be shot in the head @ once!!! Thats d fastest way to end dis shit... It may seem wicked, but aw do we stop it?

Very easy to say. Dis ain't Resident Evil.

17 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by sunnywhyt(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
meaningless apologise...coz u guys have successfully instal d virus here through ur human software patrick sawyer,cum c as nigerians re drinking warm water and salt lyk mixing glucose in warm water,,,jst remember diarisGod ooo#

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2014
Medicine after death! angry

Silly surveillance! angry angry angry

I'd prefer they keep shut!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by uken73(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Good Diplomacy, but the damage is already done.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Royval stories
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by kel4soft: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
I will be back.
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by mcevans1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenWOJUOLA: Aw abt d liberian who has taken it to morocco?? Are u guys just sharin d ebolas cos una no wan die alone?? Pls, Anybdy who has been detected to have this ebola should please be shot in the head @ once!!! Thats d fastest way to end dis shit... It may seem wicked, but aw do we stop it?

Are they more or less humans?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by martinz1: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Chai ebola na only u waka come.. There is God oooo
Bringbackourgirls is still on the matter,
Chai there is God ooooo
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by igbsam(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
That Guy no go die better o! But wait o, why are the Liberians sharing this disease all over na. What's their mission ? They should be labelled a terrorist nation jor! Terrorizing the whole of africa with their ebola spread.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by Sweetlemon(f): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
If only apologies could erase mistakes.

We are talking about millions of lives here. A mere "I'm sorry" makes a mockery of it. Let her keep her apologies till this whole thing has died down and we are once more relaxed and carefree again.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by mencade5(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
liberia people. Wicked people since 1900.

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by thinkdip(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
Medicine after death #fool... After staging it and it worked, u now gave apology to cover up. #GodSaveUs

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by easyflow: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
Am sorry madam president, I don't believe your story. The question is how did he escape if he was really quarantined or monitored as you said.

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by UrbanMystique: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
conspiracy theory: i think americans sent him. they know if the populous nation and biggest economy in africa gets infected with the virus, they will make more money selling vaccine to us because they know fully well that nigerians will definitely look up to them..

10 Likes

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by ghettodreamz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
This is medicine after death, all the same, apology accepted.

The deed is done embarassed cry

I pray the almighty God will heal our land, fortify it and make it Ebola-free.

Miraculous and speedy healing to those already affected and quarantined.

It is well.

My kontiri pipu, educate yourself, teach your neighbours, colleagues, friends and family about this deadliest disease; by so doing you are not only helping them but also making the environment a safer place for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by hensben(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
Go n Die sirleaf angry angry, common sawyer una nor fit keep under watch. angry angry
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by slimpoppa(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
Fine
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by TRADELYN: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Ebola: Liberia Apologises To Nigeria Over Virus Spread by agitator: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Good pay back to Nigeria after OBJ installed you as president of Liberia angry angry angry

OBJ breeding evil since 1975 undecided undecided undecided

I manage enter first page, na so i go take join the list of survivors. cool cool cool

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku And Ezekwesili At The Launch Of The Book "We Are Biafrans" / Shagari's Burial ‘Reunites’ Buhari And Tambuwal (Photos) / Oyinlola: Buhari Is First Candidate Ever To Hire A Proxy In A Presidential Conte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.