Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. (19769 Views)

Game Of Love / President Of Ashes (short Story) / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 2:58am On Sep 27, 2014
modified
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by ThaRuthlxx7: 3:21am On Sep 27, 2014
alomosweets: Lol. I think I got the joke. You said your update was gonna be short and so ThaRuthless here was prolly tryna show you the extent of your exaggeration. I mean, that update's gotta be a whole page. Trust me, my fingers felt it too. I had to delete it all line after line to arrive at that short sentence. wink
Only a joke, guys.I kind 'f agree on 'at. Lol. It took me quite some time to understand one of his/her previous posts. But uhm, don't sweat it, eh?
Now ThaRuthlxx7, you gonna pay for the job I just did? I mean I admit I wasn't asked to but hey...just helping a brother/sister out. wink

... yes brother thanks a lot... appreciated
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by zyzxx(m): 7:59am On Sep 27, 2014
gud morning. Apy weknd
white update ooo
Btw Apy birthday alomosweets. I knw am late

1 Like

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by gennysq(f): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
Now dis is one story am staying glued to....... Weldone White mos, u doin a great job cheesy
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by ThaRuthlxx7: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
white its been long since u last update. How far?
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by zyzxx(m): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
white mosquito long time no cc
Hw far? hope u av not forgotten us here?

3 Likes

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 1:36am On Oct 09, 2014
modified
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by zyzxx(m): 8:25am On Oct 09, 2014
whitemosquito:
Lol. Who liked zyzxx comment? That person dey find my trouble.
I'm sorry guys, I've been busy. You know how real the naija hustle can get at times. Bear with me.. I have a surprise for y'all sha.. wink
lol @ find ur trouble. Y?
Btw we are ppatiently waiting for d suprise ma'am
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by Essyydiamond(f): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Whitemosquitoe they don kii u?wink
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer for the year...and Writers come and vote your best readers...
The other best thing is that you can vote yourself...
Come on be fast
. Vote at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nice story... Still following lyk twitter

2 Likes

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by bellong: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2014
Whitemosquito.....

This story don hang? undecided cry
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
bellong:
Whitemosquito.....

This story don hang? undecided cry
No Sir, working on it. Intend to write several chapters ahead, so I dont have to delay updates. Thanks fr bothering to read.

1 Like

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by zyzxx(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
whitemosquito:
No Sir, working on it. Intend to write several chapters ahead, so I dont have to delay updates. Thanks fr bothering to read.
hmmm, I pray so. tongue
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
modified

1 Like

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by zyzxx(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2014
whitemosquito:
U yeye o. Naughty you. Lol. Ill surprise you, don't worry.
ok ooo grin
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by MightyFortress: 3:55pm On Dec 24, 2014
Enlightening, but English is a crazy language all the same.
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by princesssusan(f): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Whitemosquito abeg i tk God beg u kom continue abeg cry
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
modified
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by zyzxx(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
whitemosquito:
Lol. I will. Its a promise.
grin grin
New year, new promise tongue
till den grin
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by princesssusan(f): 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
whitemosquito:
Lol. I will. Its a promise.
Okay o stil following
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 12:55pm On May 04, 2015
modified

1 Like

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by moseph(f): 6:43pm On May 04, 2015
Please continue the story na.@ whitemosquito.
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by princesssusan(f): 6:30am On May 06, 2015
Nawa o
Why did u stop?
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by Essyprity(f): 7:43am On May 06, 2015
Wey am? Oya come here now before d count of 3. 1......2....
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2015
modified
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by Olasum(f): 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
So this story still dey, I go happy if you can continue with it oo. Welcome back
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by princesssusan(f): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
if only she could
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by donkross1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
Woman Oya come update.

Okay am pleading
Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by whitemosquito(f): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
CHAPTER FOUR

3 Likes

Re: Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
whitemosquito:

CHAPTER THREE

Babajide couldn't believe his ears. When the child, Remi, had barged into his room that evening, urging, insistent, that a certain lady was looking for him, he didn't respond. Initially. Until he had risen up with great difficulty and looked out of the window, that is. Then, he had frozen still, staring at her back, as a flood of powerful emotions he had tried without success to suppress for over six years washed over him. Love, anger, regret, sorrow, incredulity, disappointment; each potent of itself, each fighting for dominance, and each failing repeatedly. He had had enough time to sift through them, these past six years, to starve them and rationalize them. To face them and to surmount them, to put the past behind him and move forward and face his fate; but he had failed. And the secret of his heart and soul had finally eaten away at his body, and he let it. He was now past caring about what he looked like or what he made of himself in this world for the inspiration behind his living was gone, so he no longer cared. Or so he thought. Because, after he had stared unbelievingly at her for about five minutes, he snapped to attention. Strength he had not possessed in several months surged through his veins as he sort to recollect his senses and prepare himself to meet her again. Mojisola Olaniyi. The love of his life. The only woman he had ever given himself to - heart, soul and body. The woman who had given him the greatest gift of his orphaned life - her love - and with it, Eru. The woman who had also shattered his heart to smithereens. He had dreamed of this moment everyday for the past seven years, each dream ending differently.

Now, she was here. His seven year old fantasy about to come true. And he couldn't figure out what to wear to live it. He was aware he had lost a lot of weight and with his current illness, a lot of his good looks. He heisitated, seven years was a long time for someone to still remain in love. What if she had forgotten him? What if her tastes had changed, had matured? She would definitely be well educated now, her family would have seen to that. Will their different positions in life not be emphasized now? When he met her, he was a young teenager with ambitious dreams. Fate and the birth of Eru had changed all that and he was now a shell of his former self. Would she not be disgusted with his current condition?
At least he had to tidy up this room...

Eru, he suddenly remembered! Where was that child? She was supposed to have gone to buy dinner, wasn't she? Turning around, he wasn't surprised when she walked in, at just that precise moment he was looking for her... and started asking questions in that way of her's that was so like her mother's. He wasn't paying attention to her, he couldn't. And anyway, he had since lost the ability or the desire to answer her questions years ago.The child was too precocious, her questions too many and painful to respond to. They stirred up memories he would rather have forgotten. So, he shut her out. As usual.

Then, he looked up and his eyes met Moji's. She had followed Eru into the room. Standing beside the seven year old daughter she had never acknowledged nor recognized, he wondered how he had ever fooled himself into believing he could forget her. Not when their child grew up to look more and more like her everyday. He had stared into those eyes - those eyes that had mirrored his soul all those years ago, the ones that had held a hot, passionate love for him - and he knew that nothing had changed He knew she was still in love with him.
And he forgot all about Eru.

He listened to her tell her tale in between quiet sobs, and he had no choice but to believe her. It all made sense to him, the way she told it, and most importantly, he wanted badly to believe her. He could never hurt her, never be upset with her; not when he loved her so deeply. Anyway, he knew her, and she would never desert him, not without a good reason. Not when what they shared was so special, so precious. So he forgave her. He forgave her for every tear he had cried, for every pain his fragile heart had borne. He forgave her for Eru's first step she had missed. For Eru's firsts that he alone had experienced when it should have been the two of them - her first word, her first tooth, her first day in school. He forgave her for the sleepless nights he'd spent beside Eru when she was sick, that miserable night in the General Hospital when she had chicken pox, mopping the fever from her brow. He had taken her home the next day and nursed her to health in their little room and then fallen ill to the same disease days later. He forgave her all. And with his benevolence came a stirring in his loins so primitive and eroticc that even he shuddered. The swell of her bosoms as they rested on his chest warmed him; she was fatter, her body would be more matured than it was seven years ago. He slid his hands up and down as he tried to placate her. What was this spandex fabric she was wearing? It was driving him distracted, he could feel every mound of her skin, every cumulus of bone, of muscle. He could feel her brassiere, enclosing flesh he had not tasted in years. It's been too long he thought as an increasingly potent heat started in his pelvic region. Almost absentmindedly, his fingers traced the elastic band of the back of her bra to the front of her chest. He let them, he was powerless to stop it. He felt her gasp, rather heard it. And with it, his hand stilled. He did not want to offend her. Her sobs had stopped, she was quiet now. Slowly, she raised her head and looked into his eyes, searching for something he wasn't sure of; but she must have found it for she reached up to cover his mouth in a kiss so deep he shuddered at its intensity.

It had been long, but not so long that he forgot how it had been the first time. He remembered, and with his memory increased his heightening. Just when he thought he could take it no longer, she slid her hands down his waist, to the spot where the heat was most passionate. Now, it was his turn to gasp, and he lost all control.
He lay her flat on the bed, and mounted her. Seven years of abstinence, seven years of longing, seven years of frustrated desire assuaged in that one night.
They danced that age old rhythm three times, their sweat mixing with other body fluids; at first,roughly,soundlessly, each one's need greater than the other, then passionately, the initial desire half satiated, and finally, tenderly, with tears in their eyes, exploring the wonderment of the flood of repressed emotions.. And then, they did it again and again.

And they both forgot about Eru who had cried herself to sleep.

hope it is not the mojisola olaniyi i know? good write tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her / "Blood In The Ring" A Crime Thriller By John Mfon. / The Chronicles Of Taofik Shakitibobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.