Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic (59913 Views)

American Doctor Treated For Ebola Released From The Hospital / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Chlorin: 2:28am On Aug 08, 2014
God help. Nairalanders is it true that people are urge 2 take birth with hot water and a salt in it, dis 9te?
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by ghananotnaija(m): 2:38am On Aug 08, 2014
chidi2pus: deep down my spirit, I know I'm among the millions who'll look down and say to my kid, "son, I survived the Ebola s h i t several years ago"

Some scary shit but I'm a survivor angry

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by westwinds: 2:52am On Aug 08, 2014
Very Very interesting development....
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Ndababa(m): 3:07am On Aug 08, 2014
I'm curious that Obama's conference is coming at the height of this Ebola thingy...

Could it be that US wants to wrestle Africa from the firm grip of China?

How did the two Americans got to contract the virus only to be mysteriously treated - are they trying to show the world something?

Like my Epidemiology Prof would say, Public Health is one of the biggest secret in the world!

Well... It's none of my business.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by chinex276(m): 3:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Abeg nairalanders help me out, wat r d signs some1 has ebola, cos d way my roommate dey behave since last 9te me don dey put hand 4 chest oo, abeg na serious mata.

2 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Zoola91(m): 3:14am On Aug 08, 2014
Rikidony: Three topic on front page in just a week......PAPA GOD THANK YOU OOO FOLLOW NAIRALANDERS ENCOURAGE ME WITH MORE LIKES grin grin

na only Ebola topic you carry come?
undecided
Rikidony: Three topic on front page in just a week......PAPA GOD THANK YOU OOO FOLLOW NAIRALANDERS ENCOURAGE ME WITH MORE LIKES grin grin

na only Ebola topic you carry come?
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Hopeyeme: 3:17am On Aug 08, 2014
Am short of word and idea God shu prevail
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 3:22am On Aug 08, 2014
Na wa o.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by tellwisdom: 3:48am On Aug 08, 2014
You people should stop telling us about this EBOLA nonsense; will you??
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by anytaij: 3:58am On Aug 08, 2014
dominique: Did he just enter the country or he has always been there? Why do they have to take the blood all the way to Senegal (about 6 countries away) for testing . The article is too ambiguous to be taken seriously by me.
You dey read news @ all? What abt d late Mr Sawyer that brought it in 9ja is blood sample was taken to Senegal too 4 testing if it test positive 1st and 2nd time they will ve to take It to one oda country for confirmation.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by M4gunners: 4:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Lucasbalo: Its good the sample is taking to Senegal and not Nigeria . You sure don't want any Ebola blood anywhere in Nigeria .
Hahaha the fear of Ebola is the .......complete it for me
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Zackenny: 4:12am On Aug 08, 2014
cheesy Widely spread sudden use of hot/worm water and salt for sanctification/purification is the fear of :/ (A - L - O - B - E) shocked <<--- crycheesy Widely spread sudden use of hot/worm water and salt for sanctification/purification is the fear of :/ (A - L - O - B - E) shocked <<---
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by ebenez0303(m): 4:37am On Aug 08, 2014
~meanwhile during the last sunday service ~
pastor: haleluyah church
congregation: praise the lord
pastor: can somebody congratulate 10persons that "you've won the battle and your victory permanent"
~the congregants keeps shaking hands congratulating each other except ebenez0303 folding his arms~

ebenez0303: (shaking his head)this man must be on weed

2 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 4:47am On Aug 08, 2014
booqee: mother mary ko uncle Joseph ni! angry you can't even pray to God who created Mary. Guy park well oooo..this Ebola shii is fvcking serious..no be mary matter.
What is wrong in asking Mary to pray for me? If you yourself occasionally ask people to pray for you. Even as James 5:14-16 encouraged. What is wrong there? How come God performed a wine miracle at the intervention of Mary even when it was absolutely not yet time to do that? In Jn 2:1-5? Or you think the situation then was not a serious one even worse than the Ebola? Why did God need a Moses to raise his hands and pray as in Exodus 17:11 as the isrealites engaged in war? Or could they not have prayed directly to God? Think"!!!! Man. Why did God not tell Mary directly to be his Mother but rather used an angel as in lk1:26? Why did Jesus heal the paralytic seeing the Faith of his friends as in Mk2:5? Or you have never heard that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much? James5:16? Look before you leap friend.

6 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by optimism91(m): 4:48am On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=Rikidony]Nigerian being treated in Benin for Ebola
2014-08-07 20:55

Cotonou -A hospital in Benin Republic is treating a Nigerian man
suspected of having contracted Ebola and authorities have sent a
sample of his blood to Senegal for testing, Health Minister Dorothée
Gazard said on state television on Thursday.

The case is unconfirmed but Gazard's announcement triggered
widespread fears in the capital Cotonou. Many people said they
would stock up on food and stop eating at popular roadside food
stalls to avoid possible infection, witnesses said.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Nigerian-being-treated-in-Benin-for-Ebola-20140807

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/07/ebola-hits-republic-benin-hospital-treating-nigerian-suspect[/quo
Please, any info about this salt and water bathing rumour that is going on. Is it related to EBOLA or another preventive rumour as well. Thanks.
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 08, 2014
Lord have Mercy!
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 4:51am On Aug 08, 2014
Chlorin: God help. Nairalanders is it true that people are urge 2 take birth with hot water and a salt in it, dis 9te?
And Cameroon pepper please don't forget that. Then you could add a little palm oil and Maggi, d@s all. grin

3 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by CharlieMaria(m): 4:56am On Aug 08, 2014
chinex276: Abeg nairalanders help me out, wat r d signs some1 has ebola, cos d way my roommate dey behave since last 9te me don dey put hand 4 chest oo, abeg na serious mata.
One of the symptoms: waking up by 3:09am to comment on naira land. tongue

But on a more serious note don't be afraid man your roommate is not infected.

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by 2kris(m): 5:02am On Aug 08, 2014
Abeg who will comfirm this...dat we should take our bath with hot water and salt.and without soap so i heard i even took my bath around 3am this morning..pls who can comfirm it
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by francesoly: 5:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Just got a call from a colleague dat ebola has entered abuja n dat me n my family shld bath with salt n cold water bf 6am. Has any other pax rec dis type of call. N
what does salt n cold water got to do wit ebola
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by francesoly: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2014
I don't know d source of her news n d call has cut short my sleep cos she called by 3am,
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by 2kris(m): 5:11am On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=optimism91][/quote]so i heard ohhh in skull dat we should bath with hot water and salt i even took my bath dis morning at 3am pls as i wise man said prevention is better than cure.....make had i know no be our case amen
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by francesoly: 5:16am On Aug 08, 2014
How can one bath wit cold water in dit cold weather at abuja or d source of info want pple to have pneumonia wit Ebola join. Pls dear is god oooo. Let us not joke over dis national issue. Infact am thinking now weder to carry out d instruction or not.

1 Like

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Onwe101(m): 5:20am On Aug 08, 2014
dominique: Did he just enter the country or he has always been there? Why do they have to take the blood all the way to Senegal (about 6 countries away) for testing . The article is too ambiguous to be taken seriously by me.
seriously or no seriously......u no knw say Ebola de everywere?
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:22am On Aug 08, 2014
san316: I am almst convinced this ebola was created by the whites and sent to Africa. Just watchd a movie shot in 2011 and it was abt ebola virus(in name and symptoms). If nt, we've bin eatin bushmeat for centuries without any such case. Why suddenly, 2014 we are battling with a disease purportedly from bushmeat. GOD PASS UNA, OYINBO.

Ignorance...Ignorance...Ignorance...ebola has been around since early 70s when it 1st reported in Zaire in 1976..a lil research will help...and all these prayer this and prayer that over what we can help ourselves with wont help us,I believe in prayers(being alive is a miracle itself) but we need to grow up in Nigeria and stop being lazy by always running to God for solution every time,maybe that is why we are lagging behind....God has bigger and more aggravating matters to deal with....Israel still dey there

2 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 08, 2014
Solozzo:

Pls stop this conspiracy against the United States of America. THEY' VE BEEN RESEARCHING FOR THIS CURE SINCE 1976; experimental drug for the cure discovered since 2012. Read about it here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMapp
Don't mind the mo.rons. Nigerians always find it easy to blame other countries except their irresponsible leaders for their woes. I doubt if Nigeria even has one drug research institute. Is it America's fault that we still have polio in Nigeria? Malaria? Mo.rons!

3 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 08, 2014
it must be hot water and salt ntn else...clean ur environments and avoid crowded messy places eg. Markets...
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by lastpage: 5:29am On Aug 08, 2014
Leopantro: They couls take him here

Yea, let him go to the infectious disease hospital in Yaba, Lagos......
There are tons of people there he can use to demonstrate his "spiritual immunization"!

Not by further duping them!

l can bet that at least another hundred people will get infected in that his "PIN CRUSADE", what with the level of "foolish crowd"..

And the Pastor love-vendor himself will ensure that they dint come into direct contact with him. wink wink

But God fit catch am sha..

Lastpage!

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by yinkoz(f): 5:33am On Aug 08, 2014
[quote author=Rikidony]Three topic on front page in just a week......PAPA GOD THANK YOU OOO FOLLOW NAIRALANDERS ENCOURbaAGE ME WITH MORE LIKES grin grin[/qbaba God help me and my family to survive this ebola of a thing
Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by lastpage: 5:37am On Aug 08, 2014
sirjohnson: Jesus. Its not only in Benin, two people in Spain have also tested positive to Ebola. Read about it here: www.nkwmgxk1emi

Only God in his mercies will save us all from this deadly disease.

You are a bloody LIAR!

The two in question are Spanish citizens LIVING AND WORKING (on humanitarian basis) IN LIBERIA AND GUINEA..... which is where they contracted the disease.

As a responsible Govt, the Spanish govt flew them out to Spain for better treatment.

Spanish:
The Ebola virus has spread to Europe. A Spanish priest infected with the virus in Liberia arrived in Madrid for treatment today. 75 year old Miguel Pajares (pictured above) had been working as a missionary in Liberia when he tested positive for Ebola at the San Jose de Monrovia Hospital in Monrovia. A medically-equipped military jet was sent to Liberia yesterday to repatriate Pajares.

A Spanish nun named Paciencia Melgar working in Equatorial Guinea has also tested positive to Ebola and will also be repatriated to Spain.

The priest and the nun belonged to a Catholic humanitarian group that runs hospitals around the world, and had been helping to treat patients infected with the virus when they were infected.

STOP spreading foolish rumour!

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic by adgwarri: 5:50am On Aug 08, 2014
guy ehn price of salt has tripled over night, i even switch on my nokia phone and the rubbed salt before theu shaked undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans / 5 Foods In Nigeria That You Should Avoid Eating As Much As Possible / What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.