Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour (53603 Views)

Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:
How you take know

My sister got the info from her place of work; The info was passed to all the employees.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

My sister got the info from her place of work; The info was passed to all the employees.

Ignorance is a disease worse than Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

Ignorance is a disease worse than Ebola.

What are you implying?.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

Who is your sister?..is she on nairaland?..where is her place of work?grin

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:
Who is your sister?..is she on nairaland?..where is her place of work?grin

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

She's married.

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please pals that salt and water thing is not a solution to ebola virus disease I was very surprised to see people Broadcasting about the salt and water ish, Ebola is a virus and not bacteria neither is it a worm. Its was a prank by one Adeshewa girl which turned to be serious, she said she only broadcast it to some of her friends to see their reactions but before she knew it,it has gotten all over Nigeria . I just read her apology on that she never knew it will go this far. please inform your friends, family and well wishers before salt will cause another health issue especially for those with hypertension. Please broadcast and let's save lives. Please and please let's be mindful of the kind of Joke we broadcast Ebola is a deadly diseases its not something to joke about. Let keep praying to God to put an end to it. God bless Nigeria God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

She's married.

If you look at all the questions i asked..you will see that i did not ask about her marital statusangry

4 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:
If you look at all the questions i asked..you will see that i did not ask about her marital statusangry

I KNOW THAT!!

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:

I KNEW THAT!!

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

I KNEW THAT!!
Which one should we take? KNOW or KNEW?

4 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
FeverRay: Which one should we take? KNOW or KNEW?

Your choice....Since you've taken the role of the grammer police.

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

Your choice....Since you've taken the role of the grammer police.
Take it easy madam, no one is a grammAr police. Just trying to pull your legs!

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
FeverRay: Take it easy madam, no one is a grammAr police. Just trying to pull your legs!

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

I KNEW THAT!!
So why did you tell me she is marriedangry

3 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:
So why did you tell me she is marriedangry

Okay!...I'm sorry I posted that........We've butt heads before, and it wasn't fun..Not trying to do the same again. Kapish?.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

Okay!...I'm sorry I posted that........We've butt heads before, and it wasn't fun..Not trying to do the same again. Kapish?.
Okay..
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:
Okay..

Yep!!

2 Likes

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by fosta(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Also every sickness, and every
plague, which we we have no cure ,
them will the Lord bring upon thee,
until thou be destroyed. And ye shall
be left few in number, whereas ye
were as the stars of heaven for
multitude; because thou wouldest not
obey the voice of the Lord thy God.
please let repent and call a solemn
assembly. God will have mercy and
cure will come.
JESUS IS LORD.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

I went to an Ivy League school. I didn't pay up to half the tuition because I received aid from the government. It is a private university. I also took federally subsidized loans and received scholarships from the school and private corporations. This is the typical scenario for the average student, unless you make too much money (which, obviously is RARE).

Not only do most students NOT pay the full tution out of pocket, universities in America do not get all their money from tuition. They get it from alumni, donations from businesses, and federal universities GET IT FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Hell, even private universities get tax breaks and other financial incentives from the government.
Aren't we saying same? Government should fund our universities better. Universities should also diversify their means of obtaining funds to carry out researches.
I find it difficult to understand why low rated Nigerian universities don't learn from successful, high-ranked Western universities.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by MrT2011(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:

That dude urgently needs to be de-ebolized! He's suffering from ebolisationgrin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by MrT2011(m): 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
bykebyke:
Okay..

grin cheesy grin

shocked shocked it's a SHE! grin cheesy grin
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Wapzydasilva(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2014
EBOLA:the begining of pestilence
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Largas:
Aren't we saying same? Government should fund our universities better. Universities should also diversify their means of obtaining funds to carry out researches.
I find it difficult to understand why low rated Nigerian universities don't learn from successful, high-ranked Western universities.

My point is that the burden of funding a university should NOT be on the student. Especially in a country with high unemployment, and little security for banks to provide loans.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Gigadot1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
Checking some basic chemistry

Water = H2O
Salt = Nacl2

Chemical reaction H20 +NaCl2. = H2Na + Cl2. ( Amonium Chloride )

That was what Nigerians bath with this morning
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
MrT2011:

grin cheesy grin

shocked shocked it's a SHE! grin cheesy grin
Yes i know...its glaringundecided

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by chuksf14: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
My contribution as a student of microbiology towards the "dreaded" Ebola speculation crippling the minds of nigerians today.
By Nnachi R. Chukwuka.
(President, NABSS,FUNAI chapter)

Let's get something clear! Ebola is a VIRUS and not a WORM. Viruses by definition are "obligate intra-cellular agents" they are not organisms because outside a "living host, they turn into a non-living crystals. This means that they can only multiply within a living tissue or cell... Table salt has NO known effect on viruses or their brothers Viroids and Prions but bleach,sanitizers,detergents etc have a reasonable effect on these agents... Having gotten this into your head, let me proceed to the main topic of interest
ok! no need to say this info about hot/warm saline bath is true or false because by doing so, that means I'd be trying to convince you to either believe it or not. I believe most of you are familiar with osmosis, after all we all passed through
SS1 didn't we? now, if you make use of saline solution as your bathing water,your skin has pores through which the solution can penetrate into your body.
what happens next?
the salt finds their way to your blood stream.
next?
it increases the solute concentration of your body
fluid. next?? your kidney starts to OVER LABOUR so as to adjust the increase in the osmotic pressure of the blood! you tend to take in more water through drinking (you thirst more) then you pass out highly concentrated urine often(as a
mechanism through which the kidney is trying to eliminate those salts. within some time(depending on how concentrated your body fluid has become) your kidney will be able to restore and maintain absolute balance. BUT if you continue doing this.
then something happens, what your body fluid become so concentrated, your plasma concentration gets so high, and then plasmolysis sets in(your red
blood cells starts to shrink.
And then what
if your kidney(already over labouring) does not adjust the solute-solvent concentration of your body fluid, you will
become dehydrated and you may either pass out or become weak, dizzy, shaky and you may also develop muscle cramps or become totally disorganised. then you will develop osteoporosis(fragile/weak bones) because Sodium prevents the intestinal and renal absorption of calcium. Then your blood pressure increases due to excess sodium, which disrupts the Na/K(sodium/potassium) balance in your body fluid and High blood pressure leads to conditions such as cardiac arrest, breathlessness, stroke and a heart condition known as supraventricular tachycardia(a heart condition characterised by a rapid heart beat. Then the ph of your body fluid is altered and alteration in the ph of the body fluid leads to precipitation of calcium in your kidney,a condition known as kidney stones or renal stones which eventually leads to kidney failure because the rate at which your kidney does it's job(Filtration) is greatly reduced. To cut the long story short, your body chemistry will never remain the same
because you will cross over to the BEYOND................... Be wise

Nnachi R. Chukwuka
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Horus(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qe3_r86TO0

[size=15pt]Members of the public react to Rumour of Salt & Water Solution as Prevention for Ebola virus[/size]

Residents in Benin City work up this morning to receive an unconfirmed information on their mobile phones and social network asking them to fortify themselves against the Ebola Virus by bathing with warm water mixed with salt.

1 Like

Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by oluwashegunfunm(m): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
Witty07:

You are to fast in replying which is not good for you. Let me ask you.
Is salt a disinfectant?
Why are people advised to move round with disinfectant?
What is a disinfectant?
What is the make up of ORT?
What does Salt sugar solution does?
What is a bacteria?
What is a virus?
Does a bacteria and virus have anything in common?

If you can answer correctly, good for you.

Stop shouting VIRUS as if it's not been heard of before. Are you meant to focus on the word VIRUS or how the virus in question works. VIRUS is a generic name but viruses penetrate differently. So think before you start an argument you cannot defend.

Do not forget, you are only been told possible preventive measures.
OK sir
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Barbienice(f): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
To be honest this salt stuff is not funny @ all. You need to see the way people were going about it.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qe3_r86TO0

[size=15pt]Members of the public react to Rumour of Salt & Water Solution as Prevention for Ebola virus[/size]

Residents in Benin City work up this morning to receive an unconfirmed information on their mobile phones and social network asking them to fortify themselves against the Ebola Virus by bathing with warm water mixed with salt.

Nice one.
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
glitest:

What are you implying?.

This is what the salt and bitter cola rumor caused:
https://www.nairaland.com/1849116/ebola-scare-2-feared-dead20
Re: Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
MissMeiya:

This is what the salt and bitter cola rumor caused:
https://www.nairaland.com/1849116/ebola-scare-2-feared-dead20

Got it!!...... Mind you, I never came up with this info; I only shared it, cos I thought I was helping out, by giving Info's I thought was credible, and hence could help save lives .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Woke Up This Morning To See This On My Skin:photo Attached / Lady Who Survived Fire Burns Strips Unclad To Celebrate Recuperation (Photos) / Moving Object In My Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.