Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95340 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tnot(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2014
Next time please joke with something less serious but not with a life threatening virus like Ebola. Upload the screen shot of the bbm message you and friend sent.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by djeezy(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2014
it baffles me how some people will make a joke out of a serious situation. We think this is funny but it's really spreading like wildfire. Why did you start something like this and you're coming here to apologise. Shame on you. When fear thrives in the hearts of men...People will do anything to stay alive. Even fear can make the symptoms manifest.

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2014
I have lectures by 10pm.
Let me go and have my bathe
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by 5minsmadness: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
Thank you for coming out to admit you started the rumour.
You did something very very dangerous by starting such a rumour in such perilous times. But the good thing is you were brave enough to step forward and admit your mistake.
Salt water can be very dangerous to new born children and those with hypertension.
Also a near panic had begun already among the uneducated and even some of the educated masses.
I would advise you to rebroadcast a simple message saying the saltwater thing was a hoax. I don't think you need to put your name. Some of us have already started broadcasting that its all a big joke so we are helping you already.

Thanks for coming out to clear the air.

6 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Adeoba10(m): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Guy, ur head no correct o.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tapout(m): 8:39am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see

undecided

12 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2014
5minsmadness:
Thank you for coming out to admit you started the rumour.
You did something very very dangerous by starting such a rumour in such perilous times. But the good thing is you were brave enough to step forward and admit your mistake.
Salt water can be very dangerous to new born children and those with hypertension.
Also a near panic had begun already among the uneducated and even some of the educated masses.
I would advise you to rebroadcast a simple message saying the saltwater thing was a hoax. I don't think you need to put your name. Some of us have already started broadcasting that its all a big joke so we are helping you already.

Thanks for coming out to clear the air.
Thank you.
That is my fear too. Drinking salt is VERY dangerous and can kill fast. People must be drinking large doses by now. I am afraid!

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2014
Adeoba10: Guy, ur head no correct o.
I am not a guy!
Do guys stay in female hostels?
You can see that it is ur own head that is not correct

4 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by roufy235(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2014
oya broadcast another one i dey feel you

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by cirmuell(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2014
An arrogant b¡tch grin i don't blame yah...i blame the government of this country.

13 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2014

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
bastard so na u make ma fada wake me up wit fone cal for 6am tel me say make i baf hot water with salt .u get luck say i no drink am.oluku like u.no be ur fault na joblessness cause am.mugu u mates d go school so dat dm fit help find cure for d ebola while u d school d fool around. With such xpensive joke if u get 3rd class later nw u go begin say na lecturer hate u.no go find beta tin do with ur time.retarded senegalese chimp.canter mawapukwagi mmiri otu gi.fool

29 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by pgidex(f): 8:57am On Aug 08, 2014
C as u make millions of pple baf ds mornin. Almost all d pple I met ds mornin don baf. Even those lazy pple wey dey baf late sef don rush bath up b4 d deadline. Lolz

10 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by jackdaniel(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2014

How it started

It's a good thing you came out clean, however you should know how dangerous your joke is. This joke can kill people with high blood pressure because salt increases their blood pressure. Please ensure you stop what you started and pray your rumour doesn't cause any death.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2014
jackdaniel:

It's a good thing you came out clean, however you should know how dangerous your joke is. This joke can kill people with high blood pressure because salt increases their blood pressure. Please ensure you stop what you started and pray your rumour doesn't cause any death.
Amen.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Djicemob: 9:01am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Thank you.
That is my fear too. Drinking salt is VERY dangerous and can kill fast. People must be drinking large doses by now. I am afraid!
So u knew this? U need deliverance i swear.BTW i don believe this ur BS.U just an attention seeker.Thanks.

14 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by johnwizey: 9:06am On Aug 08, 2014
Dis OP is a bastard, daughter of a bitcch. You are jokin with something dat threatens the human race. Oloshi ode, na dat ebola go kpai you.

8 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Silensa(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2014
ngwa bia buru ozu igburu. Op you don hammer be that.
The fire that you set is already out of control and you still get mouth to apologize. Can you shove back the content of toothpaste after it's has been spilled?
go sleep joor

Now my phone can't stop ringing cos of your useless joke, grow up

7 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by 3sha4lyf: 9:07am On Aug 08, 2014
My dear, welldone...
Your prank worked. It goes to show the level of laziness in naija. People are quick to spread a rumor without doing further research on it.
This Ebola saga, many countries are looking for a cure before it even gets to them, we are banking on who will give us info without doing the investigation and so we are gullible to anything we hear.
Next time, people when u hear something, you'll embrace Google fast. Google is your best friend.

11 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by amiskurie(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
This is serious. The rumor is everywhere already.
I have sent out another broadcast message to apologize. The problem is people are not believing me.
Can u just swear by God

...And maybe sango,ogun,iku,amadioha and shonpkono too?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by emmansy(m): 9:09am On Aug 08, 2014
U know ow many ppl u don kill with ur salt water theory?!

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ednut1(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2014
Notice!! Ladies beware,don't use
salt 2 wash ur private company to
avoid obola cancer. in oda news op can lie

6 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tnot(m): 9:11am On Aug 08, 2014
How much did Dangote paid you to do this?
I hope the price of salt by the end of today wont multiplied by 3.

5 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Rexyl(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Thank you.

eh! Your first topic on NL has thrown so many, almost half Niaja into confusion, I wonder what your next topic would be... hope that will not be a missile sha that will generate global tension. Next time watch what you see and say.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by trusted(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2014
@op, so u can still stand against people who are irritated by ur stupidity. It seems u ar not aware of the extent of the panic u av caused. U must be prepare to receive the worst just wait till the topic is move to FP. Quote me and see... Waiting

5 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tnot(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2014
One more thing smiley thank you for making me bath with salt solution for the first time.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by emmansy(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I have lectures by 10pm.
Let me go and have my bathe

Seem u re a guy..

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by amiskurie(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2014
shocked cheesy grin

The funny thing here's that she's even fighting back.

This moniker funny o.

3 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mindworx: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Amen.

Please, don't ever make jokes out of a national issue and if you do, you may not even need to come out and claim you did it. It will die a natural death. It could be very dangerous. NAFDAC warned against any false claims as regards the EVD, and you can implicate yourself. You can bet they are watching this forum. This forum has nearly 1.3million Nigerians registered and several thousands of guests visit this site on daily basis. You are just a lady making your way through school. Please, you are my lil sister, i won't want to hear an unpleasant Nairalander story.

Cheers.

8 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Isryl02(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
I knew better smiley
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ObiOkpor(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014

How it started

cheap attention seeker....
I was not as Gullible as Nigerians to fall to your stupidity if what you posted is true....
God will judge you.....

7 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by hardbody: 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!

Babe see i appreciate the maturity in coming out clean, but do not expect that people will not hit at you no matter how small. You really do not have a right in this instance to get angry at people hitting out at you, take it with equanimity as a price to pay for that 'thoughtlessness', it will come and go and you will be fine again. Do not create and sustain enemies by talking back or cursing back, it won't help the emotions of those who already feel fooled.

Lastly, i hope that this does not escalate to the point where the security apparatus will be involved, you have given out too much information about yourself such that your arrest, if intended, will happen under 10 minutes. It is not only students and jobless people that come to NL. Using myself as an example, many Nigerians who belong to the middle/high echelon of society come in for quick information and updates. Just be careful, I am writing as a friend.

8 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Wolison(m): 9:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Silly jokes sometimes proves a boon....................let's not castigate him rather pray that God makes this to turn out to be the antidote or vaccine we'd been looking for!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.