Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

So, What About When Women Abuse Men? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / So, What About When Women Abuse Men? (16004 Views)

When Women Lie That They Are Pregnant Just To Trap Guys Into Marrying Them / Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship / When Women Use Tears For Emotional Blackmail. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 13, 2014
Godmystrength: very silly. Why should you slap anyone not to talk of slapping a man? mtscheeew. what if the man wasn't matured about it and probably gave her a very big punch and she faints, i am sure when she wakes up, her brain would have gone back to default setting

On the contrary, that is what she wants so she can cry abuse and people will blame the man for hitting back and argue that women have "softer hands" Sad part is people will tell the man he should have "walked away" hence the injustice and double standard. Imagine what would have happened if Jay Z returned just one punch from Solange, the whole world will be on his case forgetting her own assault

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2014
naijaboiy: The day a woman will dare slap me.....

Hmmmm....

Well i'm not sure my anger will allow me think straight that day lipsrsealed
sharap dia

right now are you thinking straight? grin
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2:

On the contrary, that is what she wants so she can cry abuse and people will blame the man for hitting back and argue that women have "softer hands" Sad part is people will tell the man he should have "walked away" hence the injustice and double standard. Imagine what would have happened if Jay Z returned just one punch from Solange, the whole world will be on his case forgetting her own assault
Okay o. God for her. I just pity the day she will slap someone that will later beat her to unconsciousness for months. By the time she finally wakes up(that's if she ever does), she will learn never to hit a man.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by hardbody: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2014
I read the article and a few of the posts. Let me say that a woman can never abuse me. You try to break me emotionally, i engage another babe and take my mind off you. You try to be abusive physically, i beat you to pulp. You deny me s3x, i get it out there, You touch my shirt, i tear your mouth, abi you dey craze?

Second base jare

2 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2014
naijaboiy: The day a woman will dare slap me.....

Hmmmm....

Well i'm not sure my anger will allow me think straight that day lipsrsealed
what will you do o jare other than to turn the next cheek for another one.. cheesy
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by hardbody: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2014
prince3009: Just recently, my boss' secretary slapped me during a slight argument in the office. She was this kind of person who boasted about her past exploits in breaking men's head with bottles and punching them at any slightest provocation. I didn't react as most men would have done. I just walked away not because she was a married woman but because of the respect I have for my boss and the fact that I wanted to make her pay dearly for it. I simply put up a petition against her to the Dept of Establishment who oversees recruitment and staff training and she was almost dismissed! I had to plead with them not to dismiss her as I didn't want to be responsible for her retrenchment and after much entreaties by other colleagues, they brought down her punishment to a query. At least next time before she raises up her hand to slap a man, she would think twice even if it were to be a male child.

My advice to men out there is that when a woman abuses you both physically and verbally, don't resort to violence which is usually the next impulse. Seek help and assistance with the appropriate authorities rather than shy away because of your ego and pone in silence. Domestic abuse and violence against men is real and has adverse effects on a man just as it it for a woman if turned the other way round.

Bros, ask that lady to come and slap me. She will be terminated from the hospital bed as her services will no longer be required upon discharge from the hospital. I will beat her till she is crippled and then i will break her right hand (including the index finger) or the left if she is lefthanded. I will not bother to resign. It is people like you that encourage these girls and ladies to act tough. It would have been the last time in her life that she would have had the hand to slap anybody whether a man or woman. Now i have started vexing. Give me her number
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2014
That is not the solution to violence: More violence, that is what got us to the ALUU stage as a nation. What the guy did was perfect. I wouldnt advocate others to turn to savagery as a response to savagery. For example if a criminal robs you and you see him one day do you rob him back or alert the police? Let her face the consequnces of her action legally as she has done now, that report has entered her file and it is forever registered even if she moves to another organization, if he slapped her she would have felt the pain only for a second, but making a formal report will now protect others

Godmystrength: Okay o. God for her. I just pity the day she will slap someone that will later beat her to unconsciousness for months. By the time she finally wakes up(that's if she ever does), she will learn never to hit a man.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2: That is not the solution to violence: More violence, that is what got us to the ALUU stage as a nation. What the guy did was perfect. I wouldnt advocate others to turn to savagery as a response to savagery. For example if a criminal robs you and you see him one day do you rob him back or alert the police? Let her face the consequnces of her action legally as she has done now, that report has entered her file and it is forever registered even if she moves to another organization, if he slapped her she would have felt the pain only for a second, but making a formal report will now protect others

I am not saying i support violence o. Neither am i saying that it is the solution. And i already said the guy was matured in how he handled it. But that doesn't mean the violent ones are not out there. and i was saying i just pity her if she jammed/had jammed someone like that.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by smith3339(m): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
I am in this mess, God save me
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by naijaboiy: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: sharap dia

right now are you thinking straight? grin
undecided
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by naijaboiy: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
Godmystrength: what will you do o jare other than to turn the next cheek for another one.. cheesy
hmmmm

Until that day smiley
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by filani(m): 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
prince3009: Just recently, my boss' secretary slapped me during a slight argument in the office. She was this kind of person who boasted about her past exploits in breaking men's head with bottles and punching them at any slightest provocation. I didn't react as most men would have done. I just walked away not because she was a married woman but because of the respect I have for my boss and the fact that I wanted to make her pay dearly for it. I simply put up a petition against her to the Dept of Establishment who oversees recruitment and staff training and she was almost dismissed! I had to plead with them not to dismiss her as I didn't want to be responsible for her retrenchment and after much entreaties by other colleagues, they brought down her punishment to a query. At least next time before she raises up her hand to slap a man, she would think twice even if it were to be a male child.

My advice to men out there is that when a woman abuses you both physically and verbally, don't resort to violence which is usually the next impulse. Seek help and assistance with the appropriate authorities rather than shy away because of your ego and pone in silence. Domestic abuse and violence against men is real and has adverse effects on a man just as it it for a woman if turned the other way round.

@ Prince

Thanks for this post, you took the high ground in not using physical means to even the score and I applaud you for that.

However, I tell you in all honesty that you practically let her get away with it! Like... Seriously ,a Query?! Just how serious is a query in your office?

How about a formal written apology with a Cc to her boss and possibly his boss?

How about a verbal apology from her to you in which she explicitly states what she has done to you( do not allow her to hint at it) in the presence of all your work mates?

She was facing job loss and rightfully so for her actions before you tempered down for her to get a query. I believe you did this because like most guys you were socialized to 'protect' women...even when she's slapping you upside the head sad but answer this question in your heart.
If you had not restrained yourself from hitting back and she had written a report against you ( don't even kid yourself that she won't) do you honestly think you would have kept your job?

The essence of my earlier suggestions is twofold
1) You expose her to everyone that matters as an abuser. The veil of innocence is one of the strongest weapons of a female abuser

2) Your actions in not just fighting for yourself but for all men in your office.
By your actions you blaze a trail for them to follow in dealing with such incidents and any other person in the office like her sees that they will pay a heavy price for their actions.

Now that is justice!

5 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
naijaboiy:
undecided
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by SStoneCCold: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
My uncle's wife abuses him regularly by always threatening to divorce him.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
SStoneCCold: My uncle's wife abuses him regularly by always threatening to divorce him.
So one can threaten a man with a divorce?
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by SStoneCCold: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
^^^ Wait until you marry a crazy woman who earns more than you with some female divorcee as her best friend. I have witnessed this threat firsthand more than 5 times in my 6 months of putting up with my uncle after NYSC.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
SStoneCCold: ^^^ Wait until you marry a crazy woman who earns more than you with some female divorcee as her best friend. I have witnessed this threat firsthand more than 5 times in my 6 months of putting up with my uncle after NYSC.
Na wa o. That can't happen to me sha tongue
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
hardbody: I read the article and a few of the posts. Let me say that a woman can never abuse me. You try to break me emotionally, i engage another babe and take my mind off you. You try to be abusive physically, i beat you to pulp. You deny me s3x, i get it out there, You touch my shirt, i tear your mouth, abi you dey craze?

Second base jare
Na mouth you get o. ..........I don't believe you...
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
filani:

@ Prince

Thanks for this post, you took the high ground in not using physical means to even the score and I applaud you for that.

However, I tell you in all honesty that you practically let her get away with it! Like... Seriously ,a Query?! Just how serious is a query in your office?

How about a formal written apology with a Cc to her boss and possibly his boss?

How about a verbal apology from her to you in which she explicitly states what she has done to you( do not allow her to hint at it) in the presence of all your work mates?

She was facing job loss and rightfully so for her actions before you tempered down for her to get a query. I believe you did this because like most guys you were socialized to 'protect' women...even when she's slapping you upside the head sad but answer this question in your heart.
If you had not restrained yourself from hitting back and she had written a report against you ( don't even kid yourself that she won't) do you honestly think you would have kept your job?

The essence of my earlier suggestions is twofold
1) You expose her to everyone that matters as an abuser. The veil of innocence is one of the strongest weapons of a female abuser

2) Your actions in not just fighting for yourself but for all men in your office.
By your actions you blaze a trail for them to follow in dealing with such incidents and any other person in the office like her sees that they will pay a heavy price for their actions.

Now that is justice!

My brother, i understand exactly what you mean.

The thing is that where i work, such issues are very sensitive. My main reason for interceding for her not to be dismissed was not even because i felt sorry for her or the fact that she might suffer after losing her job...NO.

It was mainly because her and my boss were already in a cold war before the incident. Now look at it this way, when the incident happened, my boss had to personally take me away from the office and commended me for not reacting or retaliating. He told me to just go home and take the day off and that he would handle things himself and make sure she goes in for it. But the following Monday (the incident played out on a friday), my boss told me that i should let it go and forgive her.

He further stated that the reason he did not want to go ahead with the case was that he did not want a situation whereby if the lady gets sacked from our place of work, people who knew that he and her were having this USA/Russia relationship would think he was the one who instigated her removal and if that happens, it would boomerang and come back to haunt him. I clearly understood what he meant but at the same time, i was boiling inside me and swore that the issue will not just be swept under the carpet.

That was the reason i went ahead WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL to write the petition and when he found out, he was quite disappointed. But i made him understand that i did not do it to slight him but to prove a point to the lady that she was not indispensable as she thought she was. So you see why i put my foot down against her dismissal. I didn't want a situation where my boss would hold me accountable for insubordination. He was the one who got me the job in the first place and i was directly accountable to him.

As for the significance of the query, it would really dent her civil service records because the organisation where we work is a Govt Establishment where a Minister is the person in charge of the helm of affairs although my boss and i are not full staff but appointees as opposed to the lady who is a full civil servant. So if tomorrow a verification or staff review for promotion is going on, they would find that particular record on her file that she slapped a man in the office and i tell you, ask any civil servant, it won't be a good thing for her because she may lose the promotion or even get a transfer to a less significant ministry as punishment. Who even knows...she might even get an eventual dismissal if care is not taken. Now that is something to feel bad about in her own part.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
hardbody:

Bros, ask that lady to come and slap me. She will be terminated from the hospital bed as her services will no longer be required upon discharge from the hospital. I will beat her till she is crippled and then i will break her right hand (including the index finger) or the left if she is lefthanded. I will not bother to resign. It is people like you that encourage these girls and ladies to act tough. It would have been the last time in her life that she would have had the hand to slap anybody whether a man or woman. Now i have started vexing. Give me her number

Lol. i understand your anger my friend but to tell you the truth, even though it is very painful and demeaning for a woman to raise her hand against you as a man, if you react or hit back, the society will still blame you and all will be ringing on your ears are words like, "But you should have not beat her back", "You should have reported to her husband rather than hitting back! Haba!!...Are you not a man?" In the police station (because she or her husband/family members must go to report), people will say, look at that man who beat a married woman without even taking recourse to the fact that she slapped you first. The society is just wired that way where women are being protected and the men seen as bullies no matter what.

Sadly, In our society, When a woman throws shyte at a man and he just cleans it and keeps quiet, HE IS SEEN AS A MAN INDEED but when he throws shyte back, HE IS IMMATURE AND CHILDISH. It's so sad! sad

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Onyiido: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2014
aisha2: Good move by Emeka Ossai, they have recognised a problem people refuse to talk about and are doing something about it.
Sadly most men dont even know they are in abusive relationships because they are told " Women are like that, just 'ignore' her". No, it is not "Normal" for a woman to shout, scream at you and verbally abuse you, it is not "normal" for a woman to hold your shirt, dare you and slap you because she has" smaller hands".

The first step is to educate men on what constitutes abuse and let them also realise that a spouse who reacts violently is not your fault.
Educate the men to also understand that there is nothing macho is silently bearing abuse because violence knows no gender, if she gets away with slapping you tomorrow she will use pestle and break your head, if she is not strong enough to physically kill you, she will kill you from high blood pressure or run you crazy.

Abusive people should get help and not spouses.
Is this supposed to be a sermon?
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by simiolu1(m): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
I continually pray never to be slapped by a woman just because I wouldn't know wat my reaction would be. I've never been in an abusive relationship & I've never had a confrontation wit a female. Because of this, I'm seen as a good boy in my area.
However, my elder bro beat 2 sisters some years back. The elder one insulted him; he replied her & gbam! She slapped him. D beatin he gave her no get part two. When d junior sister arrived, she supported her sister, threw stones at my bro & got her own fair share of d beating. Their mother threatened to lock him up but people wu witnessed it said d girls only got served wat they dished out.
Since then, ladies around wu heard of d incident labelled my bro a "woman beater" while guys who lived in d same block wit d girls hailed him cos he stood up for himself.
Such is d plight of a man who beats a woman in reaction to wat d woman has done.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by hardbody: 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
Godmystrength: Na mouth you get o. ..........I don't believe you...

Make me and u try am na...

inbox me
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
hardbody:

Make me and u try am na...

inbox me
try what?

inbox you?
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by simiolu1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
I also heard d story of a married man whose wife reported him missing. The man simply vanished without a trace.
Neigbors say d man would come home from work & d wife would be inside watching DSTV (full housewife tins) & refuse to open d door 4 the man. This happened constantly & he had to report d wife to her family.
Alas, his MIL advised him to marry another wife because he will die prematurely if tins continued like that.
Na so d guy relocated sharperly.
My point: because of our temperaments, we (men) react to abuse differently. I can beat my chest that if it was my elder bro in dis man's situation, he'd have beaten d woman black & blue b4 sending her to her parents house.

1 Like

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by hardbody: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
prince3009:

Lol. i understand your anger my friend but to tell you the truth, even though it is very painful and demeaning for a woman to raise her hand against you as a man, if you react or hit back, the society will still blame you and all will be ringing on your ears are words like, "But you should have not beat her back", "You should have reported to her husband rather than hitting back! Haba!!...Are you not a man?" In the police station (because she or her husband/family members must go to report), people will say, look at that man who beat a married woman without even taking recourse to the fact that she slapped you first. The society is just wired that way where women are being protected and the men seen as bullies no matter what.

Sadly, In our society, When a woman throws shyte at a man and he just cleans it and keeps quiet, HE IS SEEN AS A MAN INDEED but when he throws shyte back, HE IS IMMATURE AND CHILDISH. It's so sad! sad

I see your point and feel your pain. You cannot win a woman in a fight. If she beats you, you are a wimp. If you beat her, you are abusive. Good for them though until the slap me. But you are dead on point.

2 Likes

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
hardbody:

I see your point and feel your pain. You cannot win a woman in a fight. If she beats you, you are a wimp. If you beat her, you are abusive. Good for them though until the slap me. But you are dead on point.
bring your cheek here lemme slap it for you. grin grin
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by pickabeau1: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
lol....

What happened to the kids

simiolu1: I also heard d story of a married man whose wife reported him missing. The man simply vanished without a trace.
Neigbors say d man would come home from work & d wife would be inside watching DSTV (full housewife tins) & refuse to open d door 4 the man. This happened constantly & he had to report d wife to her family.
Alas, his MIL advised him to marry another wife because he will die prematurely if tins continued like that.
Na so d guy relocated sharperly.
My point: because of our temperaments, we (men) react to abuse differently. I can beat my chest that if it was my elder bro in dis man's situation, he'd have beaten d woman black & blue b4 sending her to her parents house.
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Bgino(m): 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Godmystrength: I am not deaf o papa eighTHREAD... grin grin

Same way the a woman opens a thread to complain about a cheating husband and some people assumes that she must have done something to make the man cheat on her and some advices her to divorce and some tell her to stay and pray.
Or same way a man opens a thread about his wife having his ex's number on her phone and people tell him to change his wife's number and some saying it is the beginning of cheating and some saying no big deal, while a woman also complains about her husband still in contacts with his exes and some people say she is suffering from insecurity, some say hubby is about to start/has started cheating but nobody told her to change hubby's number

There are so many people here and one person's opinion does not qualify for Everybody's opinion. And we agree to disagree.
So my dear, it is in both ways. Just say your own and leave the rest to say theirs.
i have a feeling u could beat up ur hubby
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Godmystrength: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
Bgino:
i have a feeling u could beat up ur hubby
shocked shocked shocked. You are so in spirit o. I beat him up o, every time, anytime, anyhow, somehow, all rounder.... I still flogged him some hours ago.....I beat him up/flog him real good.........He can testify to that....so what's next? yeye

[size=5pt]I just hope what you said is a joke (i.e You trying to be funny)[/size]
Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by Lassb4: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
Respect a lady

See how our governors are greeting each other over Ebola scare-Photo
http://lassbsmall..com/

Re: So, What About When Women Abuse Men? by simiolu1(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2014
pickabeau1: lol....

What happened to the kids

Just 1 child & d guy continued sendin money for their upkeep tru his MIL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X. / My Father Always Swears For Us His Children / Persistence Rash On ♍Ɣ Kids Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.