Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Lost What I Cherished. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lost What I Cherished. (661 Views)

Ladies101 – Part 3 "What I Want To Eat Is Not Here." / What I Learnt From The Twilight Saga. / What I Want In A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost What I Cherished. by Rolandken(m): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2014
The day I married you, your eyes shone like the stars. Your countenance was as the sun in its brightness. Your beauty transcended that of gold in its refined state. Everyone thought me lucky to have you. You showed your love for me in the most beautiful way. But I was a very busy man.

I didnt have time for you, neither did I show how much my heart yearned for you. The hospitals and the sick seemed to be more important to me. But you never complained.

You always told me how patient you were, waiting for the day I would come home and stay alone with you forever. I promised you that this day would come. But it didnt.

There was a time when you wanted someone to stand with you to receive an award as the best mother of the year at our little son's school. I promised to go with you.
But I didnt, and you never complained.

It was your birthday and our anniversary. You organised the most romantic night for us alone, and you begged me to be present for it. I promised I was going to be there. But I wasnt, and you never complained. 

I got a job far away from home. You told me how much you missed me. I asked you to come over for the weekend. I decided to give you the best weekend you ever had with me. I found us the perfect place; you would love it, I thought. I came to the airport and waited, knowing you would come and run straight into my arms; I would apologise for all and tell you how much I loved you. But you didnt. 

I miss you so much. If only the plane had refused to crash, and the skies had refused to take a soul; I would have been able to tell you how much I adored you and how sorry I was that I didnt show it. But I couldnt because you were taken away. 

What you dont cherish will be taken away from you, is what I've learnt. Never fail to show the people in your life how much you love them.
Re: Lost What I Cherished. by seunviju(f): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hmmmm,that is life for you my dear brother but there is a purpose for everything that happens in this world so you don't have to blame yourself for anything because I believe God grace will be sufficient for you.
Re: Lost What I Cherished. by Chairbabe: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
Did it really happen? cry cry
Re: Lost What I Cherished. by Rolandken(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
Yea. It rily happened to someone.

(1) (Reply)

White Knight Unleashed - A Story For Nigerian People. / Utme 2015/2016 Literature-in-english / Roses Are Red Where I'm Going (pt.1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.