Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? (7148 Views)

Poll: Hosehelps. Daycare. Which would you use as a parent?

Househelps: 33% (26 votes)
Daycare: 66% (52 votes)
This poll has ended

Paid Live-in Nannies Vs Professional Daycare, Which Is Better For Babies? / Operation No To Househelps 2014 / What Other Means Do We Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by rhodacious(f): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2008
LOL!!!!! OUTSTRIP, didnt mean to scare you. okay, looking forward to seeing you and the gang. gurl, you are very outnumbered by the boys in the house!!!

would have loved to say something to the poster above mine, but lipsrsealed, and more lipsrsealed, and a bit of angry, and more angry, then more .

that means havent got more to say to that.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by Outstrip(f): 2:28am On Nov 15, 2008
How can I reply when I don't understand the language he/she is speaking. Anyway I want a girl now. I wanted all boys though but sometimes I wih there was another queen around. My boys go in my closet and mess it up. Take out my shoes and use them like trucks. They do not respect my shoes like a princess will. Maybe my next one. I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago and I was almost sure it was a girl. It just wasn't meant to be. Maybe in another year or two.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by honeric01(m): 9:47am On Nov 15, 2008
Which of these posts is not clear enough to yarn about?
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by rhodacious(f): 12:16pm On Nov 15, 2008
aww!!!!outsrip, so sorry to hear. good u have good docs there, and mvs prenatal, vitamins, does a lot of wonders for expecting mommas.
yes, boys will always be boys. mine uses my shoes as ladders, so when he rips any bling off the fancy ones, his pops got to pay the damage done.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by angelina08(f): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2008
Men should not allow there wife's to always hope in househelps or daycare.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by SimiBrasil(f): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2008
Yes, I need maid and babysitter.

Is impossible be in shape and keep attractive for the husband working in a crazy way. I do need comfort. Time to make gym, massage, salon, for be healthy and happy to take care of my hubby and babes . They must be proud of me

Imagine, work outise, inside, children, cooking, be sexy, give love to everyone, manage the whole house and stuffs, I am woman not super woman.

If I have to do all, when my husband arrive I ll be over tired and feel like sleep, without my nails and hair done and wearing casual clothes, thats why a lot of man cheat, because some woman work as slave without take care of their ownself. And it is a good reason for make the husband cheat.

etc etc etc
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by smileskiss(f): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2009
i prefer a daycare then those househelps which most of them are witches and wizard
And househelps do corrupt children easily.
but i hope to have a weekend cleaner when i have more then 2 children or when i'm pregnant, not to get too tired.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by Pepeye(f): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2009
If it’s necessary yes. . Although they r necessary evil this days
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by TINAOGE: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2009
For me daycare is better because I have a house maid but she goes to school and I still need somebody to take care of my baby.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by ladej(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2009
i feel i should lend my voice and thoughts to this thread from a married man with a gorgeous daughter's perspective. i feel help is always needed especially with the ladies after having kids. we men have nothing to lose, we never have to sacrifice anything in life like women do. we never have to choose between career or family so we should be supportive of whether housemaids/nanny/day care is the preferred option. if the woman doesnt want to work or have a career then fine. support her if you are loaded enough to. the women who insist that they dont need help, im sorry to say are usually fat, unattractive and not HAWT. to be HAWT after having kids you have to have time for yourself, work out, do ur hair, sleep well etc, u dont have to be omotola or genevieve to do this, even without much money you can. i repeat you need all the help you can get to find time for your husband, yourself, and your children. there are risks in everything[even you can damage your child by accident] so just do some research and pray that the help adds a blessing to your family and not a curse. God help us all. grin
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by Outstrip(f): 7:28pm On Feb 18, 2009
PREACH IT Ladej grin
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by hotstuff06(f): 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2009
Ladej, lots of respect for u, thank u for that.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by rubi(f): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2009
ladej:

i feel i should lend my voice and thoughts to this thread from a married man with a gorgeous daughter's perspective. i feel help is always needed especially with the ladies after having kids. we men have nothing to lose, we never have to sacrifice anything in life like women do. we never have to choose between career or family so we should be supportive of whether housemaids/nanny/day care is the preferred option. if the woman doesnt want to work or have a career then fine. support her if you are loaded enough to. the women who insist that they dont need help, im sorry to say are usually fat, unattractive and not HAWT. to be HAWT after having kids you have to have time for yourself, work out, do ur hair, sleep well etc, u dont have to be omotola or genevieve to do this, even without much money you can. i repeat you need all the help you can get to find time for your husband, yourself, and your children. there are risks in everything[even you can damage your child by accident] so just do some research and pray that the help adds a blessing to your family and not a curse. God help us all. grin

word kara ra aka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I doff my hat for you
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by ladej(m): 12:01am On Feb 19, 2009
muchos gracias outstrip, hotstuff06, and rubi.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by mummy3(f): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2011
zayhal:

It's not too much of a sacrifice if a mother decides to stay at home to take care of her kids, especially if the husband's pay is sufficient for their living, and if its not, then the woman shd take up a job that won't be so demanding as to make her be away from home most of the day. The kids are usually the worst for it.
  For children who are left with househelps and those taken to daycares, the stories are barely different.
No one can take care of your kids the way you would. Why bring them down when you know u're going to hand them over to others to care for them?
   I love my babies too much to leave them to househelps or daycares. And what about other problems encountered with these people? Househelp palaver, if she's not stealing, she'll be too dirty, or silly, or lazy, or whatever, so many complaints! I've never had one, but neighbours will always come to tell you their sad stories of how bad the househelp is.
And the daycares, can't even imagine my kid there. Babies are vulnerable to diseases and it's easy for them to bring home all sorts from the way they're kept with other kids.
I went with a friend to pick her daughter at d daycare one day and I didn't know when tears started dropping from my eyes at the sight I saw, kids stepping on  one another, others crying at d top of their voices. 
For me, no daycare, no househelp.

We have diff levels of everything in life, so it’s your choose
I believe we still have a very good and neat daycares in town, I also believe it depend on the area and the standard of daycares you have around your area.
If your hubby monthly or biz income is good enough to cater for your family, lucky you, enjoy yourself.
I believe we still have some reach guys that allows their wives to work.
Let me ask you a question: Do you know now a day kids spends most of their time in school? A child would be in school from 7am thro 4pm. So how do you feel entrusting that child or children in a teachers hands for 8-9hrs and you’re only there to care for the child for just 5-6hrs let say between 4pm-10pm before bedtime. Now who’s now training the child more?
Infact after my creator are my kids in my heart, they’re my heartthrob, but I found myself in a matrimony that I most work to support for the betterment of the kids. I don’t have a choose and I am not complaining because my kids are doing very well. At least am alive, we only misses ourselves for few hours, even the kids are used to it, when I & my hubby wakes up in the morning, they too will wake up, atimes they wait for us till we return from work at most 8pm, and we have weekends to enjoy ourselves together. Life goes on. What about kids without parent, are they not surviving? If you have a good job and you pay your kids caretaker well, you don’t have to bother.
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by mummy3(f): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2011
Baby Jinx:

A good Naija Housewife has no need for daycare because she will be at home taking care of her children.

Its doesnt have anything to do with good naija housewife
Its our Nigeria economy
No woman is very happy to abandon her kids/house responsibilities for work
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 11, 2011
Make I old pass my husband to prove am a good Naija wife abi? Mop, cook, clean wash, follow baby and still give my husband conji 5 days a week. At the same time looking good and sexy, impossible, most of d ones forming true Naija women spending all der time in d kitchen and washing have cheating husbands cos he comes home and finds you in the same clothes you left in. I work, my husband works, however I still come home earlier than my husband prepare a meal, clean our room, shower and perfume myself and dress sexy to open the door for hubby when he gets home and that gets him home cos he is coming home to a rested, willing and sexy wife. I can't do all this without the help of my Nanny who I pay above minimum wage, complete with clothing allowance and a once a week spa treatment, she is getting married soon and I have already interviewed an elderly divorced woman who will take over. My Nanny helps me clean, wash, and care for Baby, helps me wash and prepare items I need for Dinner so when I come home I just spend some minutes cooking, Outstrip, I salute you jare coping without help. For those berating us for having helps we agree, we re not women enuf, you are African super women, we are mere mortals who from time to time need help. What works for you may not work for us
Re: Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? by daliki: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
We offer after-school services, holiday and occasional care for your children aged 6weeks-6years, while you smile your way to work!

For more information, check our site
www.tirelessarms.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother In-laws / Men And Women Are Equal! / 1 Year Old Pregnant With Baby (gabby Is This True)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.