Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (19242 Views)

Latest Wigs Trends :box Braids On Wigs / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
uzolexis:

Weaves are way easier to care for than natural kinky hair,it's a lot of work to care for our african kinky hair and some women dont just have that time. I do a lot with my hair,i braid,i wear weaves,i keep my fro and leave it kinky,i experiment with my hair a lot. i love the versatility and different looks it gives me. that does not mk me insecure.

In the end we are all entitled to our opinions. I dont see fixing of weaves as a sign of insecurity,you think otherwise but that's fine.

This is not about opinions, it's about solid facts, choosing to overlook or deny it is self deceit.

Black men see it as insecurity, other races see it as insecurity (they make fun of it), the media sees it as insecurity, so.....

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by seedorfg(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
In Fela's voice' Awon apa lawan eleyi woman responsibility na Wig,cream an Amebo oo o
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Odunharry(m): 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
Austyn44: Abeg theses hair extensions dey increase I.Q? undecided
4 where
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 10:12pm On Aug 12, 2014
I didn't want to comment before, but Guys commenting "I hate fake hair " should please take several seats back.

I've noticed a lot of Nigerian guys can be hypocrites and still deny it.
I wear my natural hair and can you believe the comments I receive?
I went to a salon to braid my hair and the guy was asking me if I will relax it first.
In another shop, the guy said he won't touch it, it will take time to braid which he doesn't have same with the girls there.
The first day I wore my hair out, my neighbour met me just before I left my compound and laughed and said while laughing 'what the hell did you did to your hair?, is it that you don't have money to make it? Your hair looks like two rams fought on it.'
Also one day in a haste to get to a lecture, I quickly pulled on a wig and off to school after the lecture a friend of mine(male) said 'Nice Hair do today, better than your rough hair."
I laughed and told him it was a wig and just for today.

I bottled it in because I'm not my hair, Jesus and I love my natural hair.

So you guys here ranting
'ah, a girl with weaves or fake hair don't appeal to me'
me
' to make yourself sound like you've made a point.
How many of you have walked up to a girl wearing brazillian hair and it's likes and told her to her face 'girl, loose that fake hair and wear your natural Virgin hair'
Huh? How many of you have done that? So until then park well.

9 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
BadBoy25: I'm attracted to girls with short hairstyle and braids ,it makes me cum harder wink
shocked shocked U be real bad boy

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Odunharry(m): 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
CFCfan:
Lol. Everyone wan belong grin
i dey tell u...
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
BadBoy25: I'm attracted to girls with short hairstyle and braids ,it makes me cum harder wink

I tell you, a woman wearing braids turns me on quicker.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kandiikane(m): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:

Of course they don't like their hair, isn't it obvious? If you like you natural hair, I see no reason why you should wear series fake weave. Once the one they're wearing begins to look old, they go get another one.

To be honest with you, I can't stand weaves, I've had girlfriends and relatives who fix that thing, and they all know how I feel about it. You want to wear fake weaves like drag queen, fine but don't ask me about it, expect no compliments from me and don't tell me anything about it as I don't want to hear.

Nothing more off putting like trying to run your hands through a woman's hair & she says no! no!! no!!! I had this fake hair fixed today, the funniest part is they care for the hair like it's their own, they buy these nets and at night wrap it up with the net. In the morning they comb the hair and id be like wtf is this?

I want to be able to run my fingers through a woman's natural hair. You can run your fingers through an Asian, Caucasian, Middle Eastern woman's hair and you will feel right down to the scalp but that of a black woman, you feel tight knots and ropes used to affix the fake hair. So annoying

Even if a woman has her natural hair out you still won't be able to run your hair through it. If not being able to run your fingers through a lady's hair is an issue, why not just stick to the middle eastern, Caucasian Asian you mentioned. No need for bashing because many spend their money on extensions. Men have their own rubbish they spend money on just for show rather than necessity so abeg allow us.

4 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
J12: And they still look ugly

Lmao!

Someone should have told them nyggahs don't care about their hair, we're more interested in what their bodies look like. And the face to an extent. These chics hate water due to their fake hair, hence a lot of them don't shower properly and they have to cover all the rashes on their faces with make-up and shyte.

When you wake up next to some of them and look at their faces without make-up, you'll end up back in deep sleep, telling God to wake you up from ya nightmare. grin

Still gat love for them though.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by uzolexis(f): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
Atmmachine:

Shut up..
Only the sweet smell of white girls hair will attract you.. can you compare your chaos hair with the shiny and lovely hair of white girls ??
i wont dignify your statement with a reasonable response,you dont deserve it. go back to the gutters where you belong.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by skyface00(m): 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2014
i doubt if this figures really paint d pictures ja re.....but if they talking of bleaching cream kia they maybe be right because 80% of woman use it not just in nigeria but the whole world.....if u want to make millionz in nigeria in 4months go into tonning and bleachng cream buiness u will be smlling to the bank while all the girls turned 2 abino lolz omo na big money oooooooo lolz
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Atmmachine(m): 10:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
After being with a with girl you will never want to be with a black girl..
I swore never to marry a black girl but i partially hate white girls because they are so cheap,have low self esteem & they also have low mentality..

E be like say i go turn gay. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
My kryptonite right here:

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre: The price of insecurity. A black woman never feels complete without affixing that grass to their heads. There's a thriving industry feeding off this insecurity by producing assorted wigs, Brazilian, Peruvian...

This has to be one of the greatest insecurities of all time, the idea of a woman only feeling confident while wearing a hair of a different race is just insane.

What they'd tell you is that other races do the same.

Why was this comment deleted? A perfectly reasonable comment that I absolutely agree with.....

Why should a market worth $7 billion be grown out of black women's insecurity?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by uzolexis(f): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
kalimera101: I didn't want to comment before, but Guys commenting "I hate fake hair " should please take several seats back.

I've noticed a lot of Nigerian guys can be hypocrites and still deny it.
I wear my natural hair and can you believe the comments I receive?
I went to a salon to braid my hair and the guy was asking me if I will relax it first.
In another shop, the guy said he won't touch it, it will take time to braid which he doesn't have same with the girls there.
The first day I wore my hair out, my neighbour met me just before I left my compound and laughed and said while laughing 'what the hell did you did to your hair?, is it that you don't have money to make it? Your hair looks like two rams fought on it.'
Also one day in a haste to get to a lecture, I quickly pulled on a wig and off to school after the lecture a friend of mine(male) said 'Nice Hair do today, better than your rough hair."
I laughed and told him it was a wig and just for today.

I bottled it in because I'm not my hair, Jesus and I love my natural hair.

So you guys here ranting
'ah, a girl with weaves or fake hair don't appeal to me'
me
' to make yourself sound like you've made a point.
How many of you have walked up to a girl wearing brazillian hair and it's likes and told her to her face 'girl, loose that fake hair and wear your natural Virgin hair'
Huh? How many of you have done that? So until then park well.

my dear you have said it all,1000 gbosa for you wink smiley

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
kandiikane:

Even if a woman has her natural hair out you still won't be able to run your hair through it. If not being able to run your fingers through a lady's hair is an issue, why not just stick to the middle eastern, Caucasian Asian you mentioned. No need for bashing because many spend their money on extensions. Men have their own rubbish they spend money on just for show rather than necessity so abeg allow us.

You leave the substance and instead grab unto something trivial. Whether I'm able to run my fingers or not, my point is I prefer natural hair.

Men don't spend their money on fake accessories which makes them look like something they're not.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Atmmachine(m): 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
uzolexis:
i wont dignify your statement with a reasonable response,you dont deserve it. go back to the gutters where you belong.

I have seen many of your type in New york..
They left nigeria yesterday & they came to America with a student's visa, yet they fake westernization..

Dear, there is no difference between belguim & lagos.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
Black queens!!

These ones don't hate water - they get wet all the time.

Salute to nappy hair!

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Black women with blonde weave are the most ridiculous ever.....

I won't even take them seriously........ Michael Jackson relatives..... spits..... undecided undecided undecided
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Atmmachine(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
THEY WILL WEAR THE BRAZILIAN & GHANANIAN HAIR FOR 6 MONTHS..

The wig go come dey smell like dead rat. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao!

Someone should have told them nyggahs don't care about their hair, we're more interested in what their bodies look like. And the face to an extent. These chics hate water due to their fake hair, hence a lot of them don't shower properly and they have to cover all the rashes on their faces with make-up and shyte.

When you wake up next to some of them and look at their faces without make-up, you'll end up back in deep sleep, telling God to wake you up from ya nightmare. grin

Still gat love for them though.

Looool On point!!!! They dread water like plague.

You'd be with a chic by the poolside, and she will insist on staying dry because of her hair.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
When you see a black woman rocking natural hair - damn, that's some good hair right there.

Throw them in the shower and they won't mind getting wet all day.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by lezz(m): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Little wonder African women rank low at the bottom of women of other races.

I've always said natural hair looks and sits more beautiful on an african women than those fake excuse for hair, but insecurity and self deceit won't let them see.

There's just this special feel when u weave your hand through your woman's scalp as her NATURAL hair glides through your finger.

Or when you bend down to kiss-peck the top of their Head and the nice smell and and warmth of the real hair hits you so refreshingly.

You take an African woman to the beach and she covers her hair with a cellophane or shower cap to save her piece of fake hair.
Her counterpart of other races will let their hair loose and free.

How un-romantic and materialistic is the African woman.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
50calibre:
Looool On point!!!! They dread water like plague.

You'd be with a chic by the poolside, and she will insist on staying dry because of her hair.

Lmao...I have never met any race of women so scared of water like black women.

Have you seen them take a shower? - you'll actually feel sorry for them.

The head becomes useless especially when they don't have the plastic hair cover.

Just some soap and a little water on the face...and that's it for the head region. grin

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by uzolexis(f): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
Atmmachine:

I have seen many of your type in New york..
They left nigeria yesterday & they came to America with a student's visa, yet they fake westernization..

Dear, there is no difference between belguim & lagos.

my hrt bleeds at the level of your stu...pidity, what has living in Belgium or US got to do with this? Do you think living in the US makes you better than those living in Nigeria. My friend use ur brain it's not there for fancy.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by horlabiyi(m): 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
How much are the westerners paying on stupid dresses?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
oboman: 50calibre: The price of insecurity. A black woman never feels complete without affixing that grass to their heads. There's a thriving industry feeding off this insecurity by producing assorted wigs, Brazilian, Peruvian...

This has to be one of the greatest insecurities of all time, the idea of a woman only feeling confident while wearing a hair of a different race is just insane.

What they'd tell you is that other races do the same.

Why was this comment deleted? A perfectly reasonable comment that I absolutely agree with.....

Why should a market worth $7 billion be grown out of black women's insecurity?

Oh!!! The comment was deleted, I just noticed.

I guess it did upset one or two people.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...I have never met any race of women so scared of water like black women.

Have you seen them take a shower? - you'll actually feel sorry for them.

The head becomes useless especially when they don't have the plastic hair cover.

Just some soap and a little water on the face...and that's it for the head region. grin

Loooool shower cap

Bathing is a delicate procedure for black women. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful Singer Waje Celebrates Her Easter With Astonishing Pictures / I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure. / Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.