Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 PM

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (19193 Views)

Latest Wigs Trends :box Braids On Wigs / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Truckpusher(m): 2:31am On Aug 13, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol cheesy congrats. Thanks smiley
You're welcome.It was nice and funny and I wanted to share this joke with you cheesy
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 13, 2014
Ladystewie: really? hmmm
Youtube tutorials you say?
I'll be sure to spread the word
Any particular video or tutorial?

Lol nne go on YouTube, there are up to a thousand natural hair gurus. I have learnt so much that I hardly watch them anymore. I won't be surprised if most people already know about it. Its very old news now.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 13, 2014
Ladystewie: nice hair by the way smiley

Thanks smiley
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 13, 2014
Truckpusher: You're welcome.It was nice and funny and I wanted to share this joke with you cheesy

Lol okay wink
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Truckpusher(m): 2:44am On Aug 13, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Lol okay wink
ok.

There was a part that talked abt flies disturbing your sleep.

I wanted to ask if you live in sewage tank or dump ground tongue
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 13, 2014
Truckpusher: ok.

There was a part that talked abt flies disturbing your sleep.

I wanted to ask if you live in sewage tank or dump ground tongue

cheesy hahah it's summer and I leave my window open most times. Flies abound this season. Butfvckyou lol

3 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:13am On Aug 13, 2014
Peppyluv: It looks fetish.

You are getting it all wrong...What about neck beads? I bet that one doesn't look fetish. Nne,its fashion and guys like it. Believe me.

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 13, 2014
datalossvictim1:

It is very easy to comb. It is called conditioner lol. If you want more tips go on YouTube and watch many natural hair videos. You will be amazed on how simple your hair routine will become.

Black women have forgotten how to handle their natural hair sad

My mom was natural before she came here. Her hair was down to her back! I saw pictures. It was so pretty. Then, when she came here, she started relaxing, and it just chopped. It could barely fit into a ponytail. So she started wearing weaves, and it chopped the front of her hair. What is known as "edges". Common weave casualty.

She went natural again some years back, and it's so long now, though it's becoming white smiley I like to play with it lol. But the damage from the weaves is slow to reverse. (I recommend castor oil to anyone experiencing this problem. But continually wearing weaves will damage faster than anything can cure)

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 13, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are getting it all wrong...What about neck beads? I bet that one doesn't look fetish. Nne,its fashion and guys like it. Believe me.

I love my waist beads! They make me feel African and sexy.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by fightforchange1(f): 4:50am On Aug 13, 2014
grin grin cheesy

lol

woo....not shocking!!
that is women worldwide....
like they're so much different from everybody else women in general spend lots of money on their hair care products.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 1stola: 6:18am On Aug 13, 2014
SirShymex: I want a black woman like this chic! Dammit!

who is a black woman
That chic ain't black angry It's her hair that is black. lol

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by MightySparrow: 6:33am On Aug 13, 2014
I married a Nigerian girl who grew to become a black Chinese by self recreation adventure!
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by blezdem(m): 6:43am On Aug 13, 2014
na only God go judge una. Me i no trip at all for una fashion.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Onegai(f): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2014
50calibre:

Of course they don't like their hair, isn't it obvious? If you like you natural hair, I see no reason why you should wear series fake weave. Once the one they're wearing begins to look old, they go get another one.

To be honest with you, I can't stand weaves, I've had girlfriends and relatives who fix that thing, and they all know how I feel about it. You want to wear fake weaves like drag queen, fine but don't ask me about it, expect no compliments from me and don't tell me anything about it as I don't want to hear.

Nothing more off putting like trying to run your hands through a woman's hair & she says no! no!! no!!! I had this fake hair fixed today, the funniest part is they care for the hair like it's their own, they buy these nets and at night wrap it up with the net. In the morning they comb the hair and id be like wtf is this?

I want to be able to run my fingers through a woman's natural hair. You can run your fingers through an Asian, Caucasian, Middle Eastern woman's hair and you will feel right down to the scalp but that of a black woman, you feel tight knots and ropes used to affix the fake hair. So annoying

First of all, I've got natural hair. As in, no relaxer (my choice). And I can speak from the perspective of having all 3 in the past.

Black men and Black women are the problem. Yes. You have just said words which would make a black woman race to buy a weave.

You want to run your fingers through a woman's hair, that means you don't appreciate African hair texture. Our hair is thick and full and spirally, so, fingers idly running through it tangles it. Society has deemed, however, that smooth, straight hair is beautiful, and you as a man have declared "I can run my fingers through Asian, Caucasian Middle Eastern women's hair", happily ignoring the fact that your grandma didn't have hair like that (and you thought she was a wonderful woman), your sisters and mum didn't have hair like that (and you love them). You're in denial of your own hair texture (can you run your fingers through your afro?)

It's the same thought process I see with bleaching: men "hate" it but think fair-skinned girls are "prettier than dark skinned ones" or that "their skin looks cleaner than dark-skinned ones".

Hypocrisy is very subtle, isn't it?

Women, please listen to me: if you carry your natural hair from childhood, celebrate it, you won't be complaining how hard it is to maintain. I've lived on 3 continents and had non-blacks love my hair. But it was for a temporary feel (like the way we dream of being taller, having bigger bums etc), none was spending thousands of dollars to ever look like a black woman. South-Eastern women (Bengals and Indians) want to look lighter, Chinese girls wish they had upper eyelid folds that were bigger.

Because Society has conditioned us to believe straight hair and light skin is beautiful.

Now excuse me, I'm off to go find a man who thinks really curly afro hair is beautiful grin

5 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 13, 2014
Tucees: You don't mean it? shocked its worth it shagrin
totally worth it! cheesy grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2014
[q
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2014
[q
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Thanks smiley

ONE OF THE UNIQUE FEATURES OF BEING AN AFRICAN WOMAN IS THE VISIBLE CHEEK BONE....

IT JUST BRINGS OUT THAT PERFECT CHARMING SMILE
NO STRESS AT ALL

U ROCK MRS

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2014
dellaziz:

nnayin ...I haven't seen Ur face buh I already lof u die...waist beads... natural hair.... d only tin wey remain na if u ave dimples... sexy gap tooth.. and u calabar or mixed northerner
u already one if my dream wife

KISS YA LOADS

Loooool
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2014
Onegai:

First of all, I've got natural hair. As in, no relaxer (my choice). And I can speak from the perspective of having all 3 in the past.

Black men and Black women are the problem. Yes. You have just said words which would make a black woman race to buy a weave.

You want to run your fingers through a woman's hair, that means you don't appreciate African hair texture. Our hair is thick and full and spirally, so, fingers idly running through it tangles it. Society has deemed, however, that smooth, straight hair is beautiful, and you as a man have declared "I can run my fingers through Asian, Caucasian Middle Eastern women's hair", happily ignoring the fact that your grandma didn't have hair like that (and you thought she was a wonderful woman), your sisters and mum didn't have hair like that (and you love them). You're in denial of your own hair texture (can you run your fingers through your afro?)

It's the same thought process I see with bleaching: men "hate" it but think fair-skinned girls are "prettier than dark skinned ones" or that "their skin looks cleaner than dark-skinned ones".

Women, please listen to me: if you carry your natural hair from childhood, celebrate it, you won't be complaining how hard it is to maintain. I've lived on 3 continents and had non-blacks love my hair. But it was for a temporary feel (like the way we dream of being taller, having bigger bums etc), none was spending thousands of dollars to ever look like a black woman. South-Eastern women (Bengals and Indians) want to look lighter, Chinese girls wish they had upper eyelid folds that were bigger.

Because Society has conditioned us to believe straight hair and light skin is beautiful.

Now excuse me, I'm off to go find a man who thinks really curly afro hair is beautiful grin

This post.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 13, 2014
kandiikane:

Stop talking nonsense! How does wearing extensions stop you from showering?

Do u pour water on ur head? Can't even wash ur clothes nor use ur android phone. Wannabe!
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by dellaziz(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

Loooool

buh u didn't answer d que
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2014
Onegai:

Yeah the same age old excuse, black hair kinky, black hair tangles, black hair is tough, bla bla bla don't you guys ever get tired of this excuse? Quit it, this is 2014 not 1975.

Yeah black hair is tough and tangles but the problem is exaggerated, many black women latch on this as their convenient excuse for wearing weaves. Sometimes you guys speak as if it's not the same black hair guys have, I see black dudes with braids, dreads, isn't it the same hair, why aren't they complaining. This is something I know, my mum has been natural since I was like 4 & I can run my fingers through it.

By the way, leave aside the running of fingers thing, the real issue is most black women are insecure and prefer looking like other races instead of caring for their natural hair. Other races hair tangle as well (maybe not as much as black hair) but they care for it, relaxing the hair, takes away the toughness. If black women pay as much attention to their natural hair as they pay to weaves, there would be no worries.

I don't see weave as a convenience, it tangles as well so you still have to comb it, you can't wash it (hence black women don't bath properly), it smells, it's itchy.

Fake hair is fake hair, no matter how good it looks, it's not your hair. Look at random Internet pics, black hair can be cared for.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 13, 2014
^^the first girl looks like as if she's got a weave on her head

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2014
adaobi123: ^^the first girl looks like as if she's got a weave on her head

Are you sure? Because that doesn't look like weave to me.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2014
50calibre:

Are you sure? Because that doesn't look like weave to me.

loool you can see her undergrowth !! Its a weave

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by 50calibre(m): 10:55am On Aug 13, 2014
adaobi123:

loool you can see her undergrowth !! Its a weave

Lol I've taken it off, it doesn't help my case
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 13, 2014
50calibre:

I tell you, a woman wearing braids turns me on quicker.
wow. braid hurts.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2014
dreyjacs:
wow. braid hurts.

I know right especially when freshly done. The first night is a nightmare lool

2 Likes

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2014
That's a weave, 50calibre...

You can't "run your fingers" through black hair, unless it's straightened. I mean you could, kind of, with some awkward wiggling...

You're really not helping your case.

My hair is super kinky and coily, and I love it that way. I like pulling on the springs lol grin

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2014
adaobi123:

I know right especially when freshly done. The first night is a nightmare lool
nightmare is an understatement grin
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Eyop: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2014
dreyjacs:
nightmare is an understatement grin
You will be fantastic on braids as well even though your kind of face will go well with any type of hair style. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure. / Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up / Beautiful Singer Waje Celebrates Her Easter With Astonishing Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.