Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. (19238 Views)

Latest Wigs Trends :box Braids On Wigs / Ancient Egyptian Woman With 70 Hair Extensions Discovered / Relaxed Hair- Let's Challenge our hair growth (3, 4 Or 6 Month Relaxer Stretch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 13, 2014
Eyop:
You will be fantastic on braids as well even though your kind of face will go well with any type of hair style. smiley
Thank you. I can't stand the pain.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Eyop: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2014
dreyjacs:
Thank you. I can't stand the pain.
Have heard some girls/ladies complain about this but when they try elsewhere they never experience any pains. It depends on the hairstylist handling the braiding for you.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ths r one of the main reason y some men refused to marry......ds their cosmetics thing don tire person : ( my wife goes to b.saloon everyday to paint her nails..... women r the main cos of economic crisis in the world....
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Xynthialuvy(f): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2014
ramdris: And then? Shey na one person spend all the money mtcheeew?
. I tire ooo
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
HandOfChukwu: 99% of black men around the world are against weave, so who exactly are you African women trying to impress by wearing weave?

You lie. If men complain about weaves at all it's because somewhere along the line the girl will ask them to pay for it.
But in the name of ah dis girl fine or no fine, they don't care. Some even tease girls that wear natural hair.
So? Oga where did your 99% manifest from.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
And how much do nairaland guys alone spend on ashewos self undecided
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
Okeikpu: Ths r one of the main reason y some men refused to marry......ds their cosmetics thing don tire person : ( my wife goes to b.saloon everyday to paint her nails..... women r the main cos of economic crisis in the world....

Yeah. And later if she changes somehow, gains weight, complexion changes or anything at all changes from when you were in courtship, you will still be same husband to come Nairaland to announce that "my wife has changed, I feel like looking outside, please house what should I do?"

Abegi Sidon for back.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
Onegai:

First of all, I've got natural hair. As in, no relaxer (my choice). And I can speak from the perspective of having all 3 in the past.

Black men and Black women are the problem. Yes. You have just said words which would make a black woman race to buy a weave.

You want to run your fingers through a woman's hair, that means you don't appreciate African hair texture. Our hair is thick and full and spirally, so, fingers idly running through it tangles it. Society has deemed, however, that smooth, straight hair is beautiful, and you as a man have declared "I can run my fingers through Asian, Caucasian Middle Eastern women's hair", happily ignoring the fact that your grandma didn't have hair like that (and you thought she was a wonderful woman), your sisters and mum didn't have hair like that (and you love them). You're in denial of your own hair texture (can you run your fingers through your afro?)

It's the same thought process I see with bleaching: men "hate" it but think fair-skinned girls are "prettier than dark skinned ones" or that "their skin looks cleaner than dark-skinned ones".

Hypocrisy is very subtle, isn't it?

Women, please listen to me: if you carry your natural hair from childhood, celebrate it, you won't be complaining how hard it is to maintain. I've lived on 3 continents and had non-blacks love my hair. But it was for a temporary feel (like the way we dream of being taller, having bigger bums etc), none was spending thousands of dollars to ever look like a black woman. South-Eastern women (Bengals and Indians) want to look lighter, Chinese girls wish they had upper eyelid folds that were bigger.

Because Society has conditioned us to believe straight hair and light skin is beautiful.

Now excuse me, I'm off to go find a man who thinks really curly afro hair is beautiful grin

My sister God too bless you eh.
Thank you for your comment. Don't mind the hypocrisy at work. And the denials of the part men play when it comes to black women and their beauty standards

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by HandOfChukwu: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2014
kalimera101:

You lie. If men complain about weaves at all it's because somewhere along the line the girl will ask them to pay for it.
But in the name of ah dis girl fine or no fine, they don't care. Some even tease girls that wear natural hair.
So? Oga where did your 99% manifest from.
I don't see anyone teasing girls for wearing natural hair...not unless it somehow looks rubbish but that is not because of the fact its natural, i see many more making fun of the weave wearers especially when they have blonde weave, its embarrassing, imagine a black man wearing a white mans blonde hair.....picture that in your mind... yes that is how stup1d you look wearing weave.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 12:12am On Aug 14, 2014
HandOfChukwu: I don't see anyone teasing girls for wearing natural hair...not unless it somehow looks rubbish but that is not because of the fact its natural, i see many more making fun of the weave wearers especially when they have blonde weave, its embarrassing, imagine a black man wearing a white mans blonde hair.....picture that in your mind... yes that is how stup1d you look wearing weave.

Well, I can't picture that in my mind because I don't wear weaves and have been teased for my hair being natural.
Check for my post in some pages back and read.

You don't see because you can't.
And it's only on Internet forums such as this where people claim anonymousity that the hate for weaves can be vented and natural hair is praised. On ground, that hate is kept in.
If you belong to the group that praise natural hair for real, thanks to the heavens, if you are another hypocrite.
Take a seat.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by maygah(f): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2014
spendthrift
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 9:22am On Aug 14, 2014
kalimera101:

Yeah. And later if she changes somehow, gains weight, complexion changes or anything at all changes from when you were in courtship, you will still be same husband to come Nairaland to announce that "my wife has changed, I feel like looking outside, please house what should I do?"

Abegi Sidon for back.
Pls what's the meaning of Kalimera....
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by fayahsoul: 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
Using something fake as a source of self confidence and esteem is the height of self delusion. These self hating black females have an abundance of absurd excuses for their maddness. Just imagine how many lives that much money wasted on fakery could impact positively. Dont you lot have any shame? Where's your dignity? Appreciate and make the best of what you have and quit searching for what neither belongs you nor suit you. You dont have straight hair and never will. Deal with it. Beauty, confidence and esteem are innate. They arent stuff you can just purchase. You already possess them but your self hate keeps you from harnessing them. F*cking clowns. am outta here.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
Okeikpu: Pls what's the meaning of Kalimera....

It means Good Morning in Greek.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
fayahsoul: Using something fake as a source of self confidence and esteem is the height of self delusion. These self hating black females have an abundance of absurd excuses for their maddness. Just imagine how many lives that much money wasted on fakery could impact positively. Dont you lot have any shame? Where's your dignity? Appreciate and make the best of what you have and quit searching for what neither belongs you nor suit you. You dont have straight hair and never will. Deal with it. Beauty, confidence and esteem are innate. They arent stuff you can just purchase. You already possess them but your self hate keeps you from harnessing them. F*cking clowns. am outta here.

Please before you go too far, take this note with you. It's content is your comment quoted above and be sure to read it out loud to any girl you see on fake weaves.

Ngwa bye bye.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
Mondisweets: And how much do nairaland guys alone spend on ashewos self undecided
What's that got to do with the topic?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by gyangsaint(m): 2:26am On Aug 15, 2014
oboi...na trouble b dat o
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by fayahsoul: 9:31am On Aug 15, 2014
kalimera101:

Please before you go too far, take this note with you. It's content is your comment quoted above and be sure to read it out loud to any girl you see on fake weaves.

Ngwa bye bye.
And they always have s*h*i*t to say. God gave u two ears and one mouth so u ought to listen twice as much as u talk.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 11:04am On Aug 15, 2014
kalimera101:

It means Good Morning in Greek.
Thanks to Google translate.... grin Abi u dey Greece?
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Okeikpu: Thanks to Google translate.... grin Abi u dey Greece?

No. I was learning Greek for a while.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2014
kalimera101:

OMG! U no see better language learn, na ds useless Greek Lang.... well I can teach u for free, if u want.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
kalimera101:

ΝΑΣΠΩ! ΠΙΟΙΟΣ ΕΙΣΑΙ..? EΙΣΑΙ ΑΝΔΡΑΣ Η ΓΥΝΑΙΚΑ...Just a little lesson... translate it.... don't use Google cheesy
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2014
Okeikpu: ΝΑΣΠΩ! ΠΙΟΙΟΣ ΕΙΣΑΙ..? EΙΣΑΙ ΑΝΔΡΑΣ Η ΓΥΝΑΙΚΑ...Just a little lesson... translate it.... don't use Google cheesy

I don't know what you wrote up there. Lol.
I lost interest in Greek so the only thing I remember is Kalimera.
Japanese replaced Greek. Which is what I'm studying recently.

1 Like

Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2014
kalimera101:

I don't know what you wrote up there. Lol.
I lost interest in Greek so the only thing I remember is Kalimera.
Japanese replaced Greek. Which is what I'm studying recently.
Dats good! It's better than Greek.... I wrote in Greek...: who r you , are u a man or a lady... smiley
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
fayahsoul: Using something fake as a source of self confidence and esteem is the height of self delusion. These self hating black females have an abundance of absurd excuses for their maddness. Just imagine how many lives that much money wasted on fakery could impact positively. Dont you lot have any shame? Where's your dignity? Appreciate and make the best of what you have and quit searching for what neither belongs you nor suit you. You dont have straight hair and never will. Deal with it. Beauty, confidence and esteem are innate. They arent stuff you can just purchase. You already possess them but your self hate keeps you from harnessing them. F*cking clowns. am outta here.
Tell dem!
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by kalimera101: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
Okeikpu: Dats good! It's better than Greek.... I wrote in Greek...: who r you , are u a man or a lady... smiley

Female.
Re: African Ladies Spend Over $7billion On Wigs,hair,extensions And Relaxer. by Okeikpu(m): 3:13am On Aug 16, 2014
kalimera101:

Female.
Aha! Dats y u challenged my first comment...-.-) I'm still waiting 4ur apology...sad "morning!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful Singer Waje Celebrates Her Easter With Astonishing Pictures / Makeup Tutorials....step Up Your Make Up / I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.